• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Not at all surprised by the top 3 but some very interesting top 10 results after that. Didn't think people love Yakuza and Xenoblade so much

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Saw this noted and I'm a little confused on this... Yes, there were issues regarding how GS treated the whole issue, but at the time there was ZERO chance of the game even making it to NA without GS footing the bill (whether you like/disslike GS). Nintendo wasn't going to.

GameStop could have treated the title like a normal publisher and made a reasonable profit off sales of the game. Instead, they chose to under-produce the game to turn it into a premium used product where they could maximize their profit at the expense of both customers and their partner Nintendo. I have no sympathy for anything that has happened to a company whose whole business model is based around cutting developers and publishers out of sales.

Later we DID get the New 3DS version, and that one was sold everywhere. I guess this was forgotten?

How did that help anyone who had the original 3DS and didn't want to buy new hardware for the one game, not to mention those of us who simply don't play handheld games?

If anything, this is just a shiny, best version of the game coming out.

Now that we can agree on. It is in my most anticipated list, after all!

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yo I got quoted! Thank ye kindly. :)

That is a good-looking list. 2020 gonna be a great year.

MagicJ117

Banned
Mar 16, 2019
Really looking forward to this lineup of games. Really excited for cyberpunk in the first of the year and Halo to finish it! TLOU 2 looks really stellar too.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just glad 14 other people are excited for Lego Star Wars

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Would have been interesting to see how high Elden Ring would have ranked if it was eligible.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
The top 3 comes as no surprise. I figured Cyberpunk would win out over TLoU2 but just by a bit. But 2020 is gonna be such an amazing year for games. I can't imagine anyone thinking next year is gonna be dull when it comes to releases

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
I'm just glad 14 other people are excited for Lego Star Wars

Yep. It was in my top 10 friend. The first 2 wowed me as a kid and I adored Lego Marvel Superheros. Skywalker Saga seems to be big improvement over their previous work so I'm anxious to see some gameplay and dig into it

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very interested in seeing what the second half of the year does. Nintendo is almost totally unknown and Sony/MS have new consoles.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to edit my post. Oh well.

Anyway, boring list. Will be a slow year for me. I only had four entries on my list, of which only VtM:BL2 is up there. Luckily I have everything but DMC5 from 2019 to catch up on (though I probably won't finish or even buy some of them this year still).

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
I wonder how things would have changed if Elden Ring and HK Silksong were allowed? I'm pretty sure both would have made the top 10

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how things would have changed if Elden Ring and HK Silksong were allowed? I'm pretty sure both would have made the top 10
Yeah a lot of people voted for those games and BOTW2 despite all three being used as specific examples of what isn't allowed. :P

I may change the rules next year to allow more nebulous releases depending on feedback, but I prefer it this way as it prevents certain games from showing up on this list over and over again until they actually release.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
GameStop could have treated the title like a normal publisher and made a reasonable profit off sales of the game. Instead, they chose to under-produce the game to turn it into a premium used product where they could maximize their profit at the expense of both customers and their partner Nintendo. I have no sympathy for anything that has happened to a company whose whole business model is based around cutting developers and publishers out of sales.

Before they started doing the whole 2nd print run with selling them at high used prices, they actually DID have a decent amount of copies that were brand-new and sealed, and at the usual $60 price-point. I worked at GS at the time, and the store I was at actually received a decent amount of copies (back when all Wii/DS games were still receiving HUGE amount of new copies). It was actually... a slow sell, which might have just been my location. But there were brand-new copies sitting for a while. If anything, I don't think GS even knew how well it would sell, and seemed similar of the later Nintendo tactics we saw of under-shipping things like Fire Emblem: Awakening and such, which they didn't believe in at the time. Seemed like GS was trying to do a "Limited Run Games" approach at the time... the used part like I said, was a different story, though (didn't work there anymore to see that play out, just read about it).

How did that help anyone who had the original 3DS and didn't want to buy new hardware for the one game, not to mention those of us who simply don't play handheld games?

That's more a personal issue, though. There are plenty of people that do upgrade their handheld systems, and that would also be on the person for refusing to play a game because it's handheld, rather than console. Switch kind of solved that issue. The REAL shame was that there was only like, 2 titles that were branded and exclusive as "New 3DS".

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I may change the rules next year to allow more nebulous releases depending on feedback
I think not allowing games that don't have confirmed released dates is the way to go. We don't want to encourage the same games clogging up multiple lists of Most Anticipated Games year after year.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
I am very curious for more PS5 infos but the wait until launch should be relative easy with this amazing 2020 line up.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
  1. The Last of Us Part II (2)
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 (1)
  3. Final Fantasy VII Remake (3)
  4. Ghost of Tsushima (4)
  5. Marvel's Avengers (23) [in comparison, Marvel's Spider-Man was #3 in 2018's vote]
  6. Halo Infinite (10)
  7. Watch Dogs Legions (16)
  8. Doom Eternal (6)
  9. Resident Evil 3 (5)
  10. Dragon Ball Z Kakarot (27)

7/10 in the top 10.
tenor.gif

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah a lot of people voted for those games and BOTW2 despite all three being used as specific examples of what isn't allowed. :P

I may change the rules next year to allow more nebulous releases depending on feedback, but I prefer it this way as it prevents certain games from showing up on this list over and over again until they actually release.
I think the way you're doing it now is just fine. However, I wonder if it would be too much if DLC expansion packs were allowed. Perhaps it would be unfair since it's like voting for the game again.