• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This year has a lot of potential to be amazing with these titles. It will be interesting to see how the forum reacts to some of these games, and if the end results will match the hype. Thanks for putting the poll together!

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so much backlog but I can't wait for Monster Hunter, GOW and SOTC. 2018 is looking like its going to be an amazing year.

Oct 25, 2017
If I just stick to major releases, I still think I can put a dent in my backlog through the year overall. The problem is during those PSN sales....

ronaldthump

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I just stick to major releases, I still think I can put a dent in my backlog through the year overall. The problem is during those PSN sales....

yeah its been mad if you love games. Btw black friday + that xmas sale. I went up 30+ games.

That said, finished DR2OTR + FFXII (there might be more).. I can't keep track!

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Phst, most anticipated? I am back to playing PS3. Currently going through Demon's Souls (very slowly) one last time.

Regardless, awesome work [U]Muzy[/U].

MisterBear

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Holy shit God of War #2? Oh man, that's awesome.

I hope you guys end up liking it... so bad...

Deleted member 9929

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After today's tweet it looks like the potential of a new chibi-robo game on switch is pretty high on this list of anticipated games.

Edit: I have not played any of the prior ones but would be down if it was a sandbox.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, we really should've waited for the direct.

lol
Did it happen yet or what? I saw a glimpse of people talking about nothing in the topic a few days ago once the logo changed

Yep, think it's fair to say nothing that they showed is knocking anything off the Top 10 at least
NVM question answered

Holy shit God of War #2? Oh man, that's awesome.

I hope you guys end up liking it... so bad...
You working on the new GOW by any chance breh? :o

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
sheepish_aladdin.gif

The anticipated list in the OP is now canon.

tencents

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
This list is so boring without Nintendo games, guys. Mario Tennis Aces, top 10 most anticipated easy.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Will yeah, the direct didn't change anything. I didn't expect such a dry direct.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Very surprised DBZF isn't even in the top 10. I thought it would've easily been top 3

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
So far, the results for these anticipated games have been satisfying when it comes to critical reception:

4. Monster Hunter World - MC: 90
7. Shadow of the Colossus - MC: 92
9. Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom - MC: 85
10. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - MC: 83
11. Dragon Ball FighterZ - MC: 87

God of War seems like it'll do great too, but it hasn't been listed here since reviews aren't there yet.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So far, the results for these anticipated games have been satisfying when it comes to critical reception:

4. Monster Hunter World - MC: 90
7. Shadow of the Colossus - MC: 92
9. Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom - MC: 85 (not released yet)
10. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - MC: 83 (not released yet)
11. Dragon Ball FighterZ - MC: 87

God of War seems like it'll do great too, but it hasn't been listed here since reviews aren't there yet.
I can see Detroit being a The Order 1886 situation where this community hyped it and then it gets middling at best reviews.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Updated list of critical reception based on MC Scores:

2. God of War - 94 (105 Critics)
4. Monster Hunter World - 90 (91 Critics)
7. Shadow of the Colossus - 91 (100 Critics)
9. Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom - 85 (79 Critics)
10. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - 83 (85 Critics)
11. Dragon Ball FighterZ - 87 (74 Critics)

Lastly, we have one game that's not qualified for the list:

15. Days Gone - moved to 2019

Overall a pretty satisfying year so far, even though Ni No Kuni 2 have had quite a lot of mixed impressions here, which is relevant because this thread is about Era's most anticipated games. Only one game has been delayed.

God of War was one of the top anticipated games and it's really nice to see the results here - it did extremely well!

Now it's Detroit: Become Human's turn.

Last edited:

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's great that so far most of the games that ERA look forward to turned out good.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still completely baffled by that ni no kuni metacritic. Was the press given a different version of the game than everyone else?

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
With Kingdom Hearts III being delayed until 2019, we now have our first delay casualty from this year's Most Anticipated Top 10 list.
Don't believe we'll have any others but it's certainly feasible that RDR2 will meet a similar fate.