• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Yeah I wish giveaway-makers could be able to add a minimum arbitrary post number for people who can participate.

I might have a Borderlands 3 code to give out in a few days and it would really bum me out if it was won by some spam account.

Edit : Never mind I missed the Junior limitation. Not ideal but good enough.

Apr 27, 2018
Yeah I wish giveaway-makers could be able to add a minimum arbitrary post number for people who can participate.

I might have a Borderlands 3 code to give out in a few days and it would really bum me out if it was won by some spam account.

Been looking to play Borderlands 3 for the longest time. :)

NappingRat

Jul 2, 2018

I suppose if you want full control, you can just post a request for DMs for 12 hours, do your own RNG, and then check the winning profile to see if it meets your standards? Maybe that'll be too annoying as it's surely a lot of DMs, but at least you'll have control?

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I had a no juniors restriction on my Control raffle because it was a bigger game and I didn't want it to be sniped by some newly made account. The key dumps didn't have that both because I didn't really care about those games and because some people that spend a lot of time here are simply not the types to write much and might not have gotten out of junior status. I've seen a bunch of them in the thread. I think I have a pretty low post count especially if you take into account how much time I spend here daily. I just like to talk backlogs and not much else, even if I read lots of threads.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Been looking to play Borderlands 3 for the longest time. :)

I'll call you out to make sure you can't miss it :p

I suppose if you want full control, you can just post a request for DMs for 12 hours, do your own RNG, and then check the winning profile to see if it meets your standards? Maybe that'll be too annoying as it's surely a lot of DMs, but at least you'll have control?

Sure, the old-fashioned way. Not going to do this kind of giveaway here, though, way too many people like you said lol, besides this is Giftbot's time in the spotlight !

Tamazoid

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's great how the restrictions allow you to have varying levels of control over a give away you may decide to run

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, at least they're thanking people. Hopefully vteixeira will give back and host a giveaway of their own since they haven't contributed much yet.

Yeah, I don't know about that. My A-D giveaway just ended, and out of five keys they won, one is a VR only game, and the other is the only GOG key included, Dracula 4. So I think they're just going down the lists and entering for absolutely everything that goes up.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I don't know about that. My A-D giveaway just ended, and out of five keys they won, one is a VR only game, and the other is the only GOG key included, Dracula 4. So I think they're just going down the lists and entering for absolutely everything that goes up.

Yeah, it seems like some people grab everything they can and *then* they check out the games only to re-gift it later. It's like, why even grab it in the first place if you don't know a thing about it? :🤷:

NappingRat

Jul 2, 2018
Can't have won in the last week, no lurkers, and no juniors. Probably the most control you can exert over a giveaway.
Options for the giver are welcomed for sure, but I think it's really up to the code giver as to how they'd like to do it. They are the ones with the item (s), so we really should just roll with whatever they decide.

I personally went through my stuff looking for something bc of the "must do a giveaway" requirement on a different one. I'm only playing on Switch (and occasionally phone) these days, so I didn't see the need to hold onto that unused code from my only humble bundle, a bunch of Star Wars games.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I think it's great how the restrictions allow you to have varying levels of control over a give away you may decide to run

Same here. In all honesty as crappy as it is for people to swoop everything up, I think it should be entirely up to the giver as to whether or not they are okay with that. I mean it's their stuff to give out anyway and not for others to police.

However, it seems that if you do a first come first served giveaway you can't make it singular choice only? That's something that needs to be fixed asap.

NappingRat

Jul 2, 2018
Same here. In all honesty as crappy as it is for people to swoop everything up, I think it should be entirely up to the giver as to whether or not they are okay with that. I mean it's their stuff to give out anyway and not for others to police.

However, it seems that if you do a first come first served giveaway you can't make it singular choice only? That's something that needs to be fixed asap.
Agreed (as I'd just posted something similar nearly simultaneously...😁).
On a side note, getting any better at CupHead? It's so PRETTY

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
FYI, if you're doing a giveaway and you don't want random new accounts to hop into the giveaway, you can uncheck the junior members option. It prevents all junior accounts/new accounts from accessing it.

Oct 29, 2017
Options for the giver are welcomed for sure, but I think it's really up to the code giver as to how they'd like to do it. They are the ones with the item (s), so we really should just roll with whatever they decide.

Well, yeah. No one's trying to police how people give out their goodies. OP said they'd be bummed if their key got snatched up and suggestions were made, is all.

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FYI, if you're doing a giveaway and you don't want random new accounts to hop into the giveaway, you can uncheck the junior members option. It prevents all junior accounts/new accounts from accessing it.
Yeah, that's what I typically do. I wish I could let actual new members that plan on sticking around and contribute to enter, but there are just too many bots / alt-accounts trying to gather keys to sell or trade.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Agreed (as I'd just posted something similar nearly simultaneously...😁).
On a side note, getting any better at CupHead? It's so PRETTY

I haven't been able to play it again yet since last night and I'm honestly scared to start up again lmao. I knew the game wasn't gonna be a cakewalk but to die so often this soon is quite humbling lol. I love the aesthetic to it.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Just want to give another shout-out to Snormy for Finding Paradise.
I just beat the game and really enjoyed my time with it (a lot more than To The Moon as well, from what I recall). Thank you!

You're welcome. I'm really glad you enjoyed it and appreciate you letting me know! They are both fantastic games, I'm not quite sure which I like best. I think the story hit me a bit harder in To The Moon but Finding Paradise felt a bit better, maybe it was the experience gained. The pacing and music and all felt slightly improved overall. Have you played Rakuen? I actually like it the most. Perhaps the story and setting just resonated with me more. It is developed by Laura Shigihara who did some songs for Freebird Games including Everything's Alright featured in To The Moon and Wish My Life Away from Finding Paradise.

NappingRat

Jul 2, 2018
I haven't been able to play it again yet since last night and I'm honestly scared to start up again lmao. I knew the game wasn't gonna be a cakewalk but to die so often this soon is quite humbling lol. I love the aesthetic to it.
I haven't been able to beat it yet, but Cuphead is fun to play poorly as well as to play skillfully, IMHO! The upgrades and weapon choices are really important if you're not good. Experiment and mix n match if you're stuck on a particular boss. Hope you enjoy it more soon!

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're welcome. I'm really glad you enjoyed it and appreciate you letting me know! They are both fantastic games, I'm not quite sure which I like best. I think the story hit me a bit harder in To The Moon but Finding Paradise felt a bit better, maybe it was the experience gained. The pacing and music and all felt slightly improved overall. Have you played Rakuen? I actually like it the most. Perhaps the story and setting just resonated with me more. It is developed by Laura Shigihara who did some songs for Freebird Games including Everything's Alright featured in To The Moon and Wish My Life Away from Finding Paradise.

Argh, now I really want to give Finding Paradise a shot, but I really should finish at least one of the games I've started first.

DKeygo

Jun 29, 2019

giphy.gif

Thank you Setsune !! Finally a lewd game for the fiancee!

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 31 gifts from Servatis Servatis!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Servatis said:
Hi everyone! I have a bunch of old Humble keys. I'm sorry in advance if some of them don't work, I've had them for quite some time.

These are our awesome prizes:

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I haven't been able to beat it yet, but Cuphead is fun to play poorly as well as to play skillfully, IMHO! The upgrades and weapon choices are really important if you're not good. Experiment and mix n match if you're stuck on a particular boss. Hope you enjoy it more soon!

Thank you and thanks for the advice! Yeah I definitely am gonna need to visit the shop more haha.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017

Don't play Rakuen, it will destroy your feelings

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Nayishiki for Chaos on Deponia! Always been intrigued by that artstyle, and the point and click genre is very user friendly. Cheers.
And thanks anonymous user for The Walking Dead.

Deleted member 58961

Banned
Aug 2, 2019
Edit: Anomaly: Warzone Earth is a reverse tower defense game, that's a fun take on the genre with great art. Definitely worth grabbing if you haven't played it.
Cubemen is a pretty standard tower defense game. Pretty decent if you like the genre, but nothing extraordinary.

Took your advice and claimed this one 😊 finally out of junior members' nursery school. Thanks a bunch!

I really recommend going in to try to win Read Only Memories if you like a point-and-click adventure. I couldn't put it down till I was done.

Yeah, it seems like some people grab everything they can and *then* they check out the games only to re-gift it later. It's like, why even grab it in the first place if you don't know a thing about it? :🤷:

They're a real downer. Even when I couldn't get past the Junior barrier it still seemed like one of the better options to stop keys just being passed on to be sold. 😰

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Just to add some context, I only upgraded from Junior status very recently, so I didn't tick that box for Dark Forces 2. I'm glad I didn't restrict it further, bc only 4 people participated in this 6 hour raffle:
I think almost everyone has won something by now, so those week or month restrictions lock almost everyone out. You aren't the first person to comment on low participation in such raffles. And by allowing juniors with that lockout, for all we know some or most of those 4 people were alt or new accounts.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from gaiadyne gaiadyne!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

gaiadyne said:
I've won a good amount of games so far in this thread, so I decided to give something else back 😺.

Deleted member 58961

Banned
Aug 2, 2019
Speaking as someone who was a junior until today, even before then I kinda wanted anything valuable to be locked behind the wall, because it sucks knowing not only are you extremely unlike to win it, but someone using alts or bots is. And seeing that in practice from open list raffles' and one or two people getting about half the games because they indiscriminately signed up to everything is honestly just a downer.

Oh boy, Rakuten's been on my backlog for a while, ty for telling me it'll make me cry. *installs*

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from Nayishiki Nayishiki!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Nayishiki said:
Hopefully the codes still work. Sorry if they don't.

• 3DS 3DS: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Nintendo 3DS (NA) - Won by Hexadron Hexadron
  • Wii U Wii U: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Wii U (NA) - Won by walkinfast
  • PS3 PS3: Devil May Cry HD Collection (NA) - Won by ahbs22 ahbs22

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Could also do a random raffle where you state you'll only give the code with your restrictions if you wanted it more strict. Then have like 5 entries for the game, allow multiple selections and do it based on top one first. So if that first entry winner doesn't meet the restriction, you go to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.