• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Ori is simply amazing, but considering I've already played it twice on Xbox One I'm gonna refrain despite my absolutely love of all things Switch!

(cause I really wanna hold out for a physical Switch release for my collection :P).

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Dang. So many damn giveaways, it's insane. So many I recognize as being a bunch of Humble Bundle keys someone's dumping.
I dumped a bunch of my of old unused Humble Bundle keys in a decently sized discord and no-one took them. after literal years I ended up redeeming all of the ones I didn't own myself, though.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Funny story for me with Ori: playing it on our lousy PC when it launched, the game crashed at the final boss. Kind of took me out of the moment. Still a phenomenal time though.

Years later, I now own an Xbox One X. This thing is more powerful than our PC by a fair bit... it crashed at the same spot, evidently it's just an issue with the game. But this time I couldn't help but crack up. It made sense on our clunker, but Xbox One X? It was actually funny to me.

I kind of want to try on Switch and see if I can get a threepeat loool. But I just played it in April, so I'd buy it for my friend who loved Hollow Knight before I'd buy it for myself.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
It's 4:17 am and I should be in bed but I'm gonna plug this one more time before I go!

Control, EGS, go go go!

wv8rBuO.jpg

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from BoxManLocke BoxManLocke!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• EGS EGS: Shenmue III Backer Demo - Won by t26

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, over 12,000 messages already in the thread. Some might think that GiftBot was a huge success.

Oct 29, 2017
One of my good frends' favorite games is FFVIII, so I keep entering these FFVIII remastered giveaways hoping to win him a copy.

ehh just me but I kinda feel people should enter games that they themselves wanna play. We've lots of members here who probably would like to win the game and to enter just to give away doesn't seem in the spirit of things.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
No idea why, but I can't enter this.
What did it tell you when you clicked on it? The restrictions say no wins this calendar month, no lurkers (5 posts), no juniors (100 posts + 1 year). Unfortunately too, if you've entered the raffle you can't re-enter when it's over for the first come first served.

That game was free on EGS recently.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Do I need to post 5 times here where there's no discussion to be had or just in era in general? Want that Ori real bad.

Deleted member 59929

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 12, 2019
I thought losing time and time again was pain and suffering. I finally won something and now there's a new pain...the 24 hour lockout

dyne

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I got a "error you are winning gifts too rapidly, please try again later"

Cerium feature request: please make it pass error code 777

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Do I need to post 5 times here where there's no discussion to be had or just in era in general? Want that Ori real bad.

You have just started the quest, my fellow ERA member!

But yeah most people just respond to the witty memes or just complain about gift bot.....or pray to it. Its all in good fun, just dont make obvious empty posts I guess lol.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What did it tell you when you clicked on it? The restrictions say no wins this calendar month, no lurkers (5 posts), no juniors (100 posts + 1 year). Unfortunately too, if you've entered the raffle you can't re-enter when it's over for the first come first served.

That game was free on EGS recently.

Figured it out, I hadn't posed in this thread enough.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Only some of the raffles have the no lurker restriction (5 posts in that topic). Ori is not one of those. Not the most recent raffle anyway.

I thought losing time and time again was pain and suffering. I finally won something and now there's a new pain...the 24 hour lockout
Only applies to raffles where the creators set 24 hour lockouts. Others have no lockout, or 1 hour, or week, etc.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from weemadarthur weemadarthur!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

weemadarthur said:
I joined a giveaway without realizing the prize, and instead of being a MLP ripoff about horse breeding, this is a creepy horror game where you solve puzzles to win!

Thanks should go to @TUFCfan because I'm regifting like a pleb. Sorry bout that. I'll work harder not to do that again.

• Steam Steam: Pony Island - Won by SiG SiG

Okami

Oct 28, 2017
Really nice initiative, and amazing to see how many people are contributing. Even the big companies, kudos!

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
You have just started the quest, my fellow ERA member!

But yeah most people just respond to the witty memes or just complain about gift bot.....or pray to it. Its all in good fun, just dont make obvious empty posts I guess lol.
I see, guess I'm half way there then lol. Wish I knew about this thread earlier, good stuff.

NeoGold123

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
ehh just me but I kinda feel people should enter games that they themselves wanna play. We've lots of members here who probably would like to win the game and to enter just to give away doesn't seem in the spirit of things.

I see where you're coming from, but I think it's in the same spirit of giving as any other game being given away. I've played it many times over, but it's not my favorite entry like it is my friend's. Now, if I were spamming entries to every game that I have no interest in playing or giving, that's not in the spirit.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Kaworu Kaworu!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Steam Steam: DmC: Devil May Cry - Won by Cilidra Cilidra

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 4 gifts from delalaser delalaser!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Steam Steam: Winged Sakura: Mindy's Arc - Won by TheStebe TheStebe
  • Steam Steam: The Adventures of Fei Duanmu 端木斐异闻录 - Won by Discokuningas Discokuningas
  • Steam Steam: Analogue: A Hate Story - Won by Zeroneo Zeroneo
  • Steam Steam: Wacky Wheels - Won by singo singo

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you aasoncott for Grimrock 1. I played through one of these obtusely difficult first person dungeon crawlers from the MSDOS days about 2 years ago and this looks like one of the best modern ones (the sequel I already have, but it seems a bit off).

KevdotL

Oct 25, 2017
I like one of the Final Fantasy games or Control. But I gladly take both :)
One of them Nintendo Switch games would be nice as well.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I recently bought a Switch that will come with DQ XI. Indie games in general and Nintendo exclusives interest me. Ori, Cuphead, Celeste and *soon* Pokémon Sword or Shield are the ones on my radar at the moment.
Same with Celeste. "Platformer with a mental health story" speaks to me, but when I watch gameplay, I'm just not intrigued enough to take that plunge. It's gotten so much praise though, that I really should just go ahead and give it a try. It needs a steeeeep discount on Switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.