• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
xROxwUp.png
Everything Must Go

Unlike the others, this is not a restriction. In fact, it is the opposite. This indicates that the giveaway creator has decided to allow any and every registered member to be eligible to win a prize. As opposed to simply turning the other restrictions off, this setting even overrides global restrictions set by the staff. It is intended for giveaway creators who want to dump codes and make sure they're gone.

Just a suggestion, I think it would be nice if every win we get under the 'Everything Must Go' condition will not be counted for future 'Past Winner' and 'Givers/Pay Forward Only' giveaways. So, for example, I can enter a 'Past Win: 24 Hours' giveaway even if I just won a giveaway yesterday, as long as that giveaway was won under the 'Everything Must Go' condition. Just so we can treat that condition for cases like 'I'm not sure if this key is used or not, have a go at it!' and people can try entering it without fearing their chances for future giveaways restricted.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cerium Anyway we can get an option to only allow entries from people who previously posted in a thread?
Also, anyway to make a giveaway's restrictions be removed after so many days of it ending, thus allowing any unclaimed keys having a higher chance of then being taken?

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
Now that the major patch is out and bugs are squashed, I've finally had time to put this together. Here's the Giveaway Restrictions Guide:

BEgSiyJ.png
Past Winner Restriction

This restriction prevents users from entering the giveaway if they have already won a prize within a set period of time. The length of time can vary according to the preference of the giveaway creator: Past Hour, Past Day, Past Week, and This Calendar Month. The monthly option is unique in that it is not based on a fixed period of time, but rather the month in which the giveaway was created.

H8Dy1xY.png
No Juniors

This restriction disallows users who have less than 100 posts, or accounts that are less than one month old. It is intended to ensure that the prizes go to members who are real people and active contributors.

QNYvoON.png
No Lurkers

This restriction only allows members who have made 5 or more posts in the thread in which the giveaway is created. This is intended for community threads and OTs where some giveaway creators might want to make sure that their prizes go to folks who are actually part of that community. It is not generally intended for threads dedicated solely to giveaways or threads where there isn't a central topic of discussion. Please be aware that while you are welcome and encouraged to join and participate in new communities, blatantly spamming a community thread for the sole purpose of circumventing this restriction will get you banned.

FhhUpRg.png
Givers Only

This restriction requires that users have created a giveaway of their own within the past 30 days in order to enter. It is straightforward and ensures that anyone who wins a prize will have given something back fairly recently.

NCqdJH1.png
Pay Forward Only

This restriction requires that if a user has already won a prize, they must have created a giveaway of their own since their last win, otherwise they cannot enter the giveaway. There is no time limit on this. It encourages members to keep paying the generosity forward.

xROxwUp.png
Everything Must Go

Unlike the others, this is not a restriction. In fact, it is the opposite. This indicates that the giveaway creator has decided to allow any and every registered member to be eligible to win a prize. As opposed to simply turning the other restrictions off, this setting even overrides global restrictions set by the staff. It is intended for giveaway creators who want to dump codes and make sure they're gone.

Additionally...

There are some hidden global restrictions that are controlled and set by the staff. These settings are intended to prevent members from racking up an unreasonable amount of wins versus everyone else. One of them is a brief cooldown that prevents you from entering too quickly after a win. Another applies a much longer cooldown if you win too many prizes in too short a time. If you are among the top winners of all time, you will face additional (and increasingly severe) limitations. The specific numbers involved are subject to change, and we will not disclose exact values in order to discourage attempts at exploitation.
Thanks for all the hard work!

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just a suggestion, I think it would be nice if every win we get under the 'Everything Must Go' condition will not be counted for future 'Past Winner' and 'Givers/Pay Forward Only' giveaways. So, for example, I can enter a 'Past Win: 24 Hours' giveaway even if I just won a giveaway yesterday, as long as that giveaway was won under the 'Everything Must Go' condition. Just so we can treat that condition for cases like 'I'm not sure if this key is used or not, have a go at it!' and people can try entering it without fearing their chances for future giveaways restricted.
Seconded.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Cerium

"This restriction disallows users who have less than 100 posts, or accounts that are less than one month old"

Should that be "and" instead of "or"? That's the way other posters have described it here.

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really amazed at how many people are giving away codes for games. Cheers to all those giving away so much in exchange for nothing more than a better community.

Jul 25, 2018
Thanks Fudo Myo for the Crusader Kings 2 DLC!

I'm honestly not entirely sure when I got Crusader Kings 2; I think they gave it away for free at some point. It was fun, but all the additional DLC choices seemed kinda daunting. I guess this is as good a place as any to start.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
People we're keeping an eye on, don't worry.

lEZn1nT.gif

Joke aside, the team is trying hard to keep things as fair and enjoyable as possible, and it's a slow process of experimentation and iteration but they've done an outstanding job at it thus far, so kudos to them!

giphy.gif

Lol I would like to have a W/L ratio for users and if they so choose, to make it public. Because I'm a fighting game player and I live within the confines of either/or. Lmao.

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
So this is kind of an odd situation: would anyone be interested/able to win my giveaway?

No one has entered, but I can't "repost" it as a new giveaway in this thread because I no longer have the key that I fed to Giftbot. I also don't think you can cancel a giveaway you started (I don't see the option), so it's just stuck in limbo right now.

Are you able to claim it yourself? Maybe you can claim it and that then re-post it. I already have the game so I'm not interested in getting it for mysellf, and I haven't posted in that thread I wouldn't be able to get the key for you.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People we're keeping an eye on, don't worry.

lEZn1nT.gif

Joke aside, the team is trying hard to keep things as fair and enjoyable as possible, and it's a slow process of experimentation and iteration, but they've done an outstanding job at it thus far, so kudos to them!
Can you take away their chances of winning and increase mine? Thanks

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
So this is kind of an odd situation: would anyone be interested/able to win my giveaway?

No one has entered, but I can't "repost" it as a new giveaway in this thread because I no longer have the key that I fed to Giftbot. I also don't think you can cancel a giveaway you started (I don't see the option), so it's just stuck in limbo right now.

I am pretty sure you can cancel it ... but if you want I can win it and I pm you the key back back

edit: ops it has a no lurker option I don't have enough posts there =/

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I guess somebody doesn't want this 2 dollar coupon to White Castle then. Suit yourself!

As a French, I probably wouldn't even know what to do with it.
But still, you obviously tried your best to trigger my FOMO, and I respect that.
You Americans have way too many fast-food chains, I feel like I'm discovering a new one every 5 seconds, It's disgusting.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a French, I probably wouldn't even know what to do with it.
But still, you obviously tried your best to trigger my FOMO, and I respect that.
You Americans have way too many fast-food chains, I feel like I'm discovering a new one every 5 seconds, It's disgusting.
Ok then how about five croissant?

Eternal Song

Oct 31, 2017
Cerium

"This restriction disallows users who have less than 100 posts, or accounts that are less than one month old"

Should that be "and" instead of "or"? That's the way other posters have described it here.
I'm pretty sure "or" is correct.

If you meet even one of those conditions, you are considered a Junior Member, whereas "and" would mean you are beyond "Junior" status once you have cleared either condition. Juniors can have either or both, but once you have neither, you are no longer considered a Junior Member.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
For real, but I'm jealous. I love McDonalds but variety is good

I'm not, I dislike American fast foods. I can feel it clogging my arteries just by looking at it.

I'm sorry you hate Freedom.

Just got a flashback of that time Americans tried to rename French Fries into Freedom Fries for the pettiest and silliest reasons ever, and I laugh! Good times!

Ok then how about five croissant?

Make it five pains aux raisins and we'll talk.

Last edited:

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a flashback of that time Americans tried to rename French Fries into Freedom Fries for the pettiest and silliest reasons ever, and I laugh! Good times!
EXCUSE ME WHILE I POUR ALL THIS VERY EXPENSIVE IMPORTED FRENCH WINE DOWN THE DRAIN AND GET MAD AT MUSTARD BRANDS FOR THEIR NAME

owned, u mad bro?

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
EXCUSE ME WHILE I POUR ALL THIS VERY EXPENSIVE IMPORTED FRENCH WINE DOWN THE DRAIN AND GET MAD AT MUSTARD BRANDS FOR THEIR NAME

owned, u mad bro?

LMAO.

Sounds like you enjoy bland food and living Delphine! You don't know what life really is until you've had your fourth gastric bypass and an internal suture tears in a Wendy's bathroom stall while waiting on the Frosty machine to fire up.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Now that the major patch is out and bugs are squashed, I've finally had time to put this together. Here's the Giveaway Restrictions Guide:

BEgSiyJ.png
Past Winner Restriction

This restriction prevents users from entering the giveaway if they have already won a prize within a set period of time. The length of time can vary according to the preference of the giveaway creator: Past Hour, Past Day, Past Week, and This Calendar Month. The monthly option is unique in that it is not based on a fixed period of time, but rather the month in which the giveaway was created.

H8Dy1xY.png
No Juniors

This restriction disallows users who have less than 100 posts, or accounts that are less than one month old. It is intended to ensure that the prizes go to members who are real people and active contributors.

QNYvoON.png
No Lurkers

This restriction only allows members who have made 5 or more posts in the thread in which the giveaway is created. This is intended for community threads and OTs where some giveaway creators might want to make sure that their prizes go to folks who are actually part of that community. It is not generally intended for threads dedicated solely to giveaways or threads where there isn't a central topic of discussion. Please be aware that while you are welcome and encouraged to join and participate in new communities, blatantly spamming a community thread for the sole purpose of circumventing this restriction will get you banned.

FhhUpRg.png
Givers Only

This restriction requires that users have created a giveaway of their own within the past 30 days in order to enter. It is straightforward and ensures that anyone who wins a prize will have given something back fairly recently.

NCqdJH1.png
Pay Forward Only

This restriction requires that if a user has already won a prize, they must have created a giveaway of their own since their last win, otherwise they cannot enter the giveaway. There is no time limit on this. It encourages members to keep paying the generosity forward.

xROxwUp.png
Everything Must Go

Additionally...

There are some hidden global restrictions that are controlled and set by the staff. These settings are intended to prevent members from racking up an unreasonable amount of wins versus everyone else. One of them is a brief cooldown that prevents you from entering too quickly after a win. Another applies a much longer cooldown if you win too many prizes in too short a time. If you are among the top winners of all time, you will face additional (and increasingly severe) limitations. The specific numbers involved are subject to change, and we will not disclose exact values in order to discourage attempts at exploitation.
Thank you for this.

5 gifts from Urishizu

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 5 gifts from Urishizu Urishizu!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Urishizu said:
4-player co-op survival horror with fixed camera angles and questionable production value. Do you like Resident Evil: Outbreak? Then play this.,

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Outbreak: The New Nightmare - Won by SilentPanda SilentPanda (7 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Outbreak: The New Nightmare - Won by Ellyshia Ellyshia (7 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Outbreak: The New Nightmare - Won by GoldenCat GoldenCat (7 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Outbreak: The New Nightmare - Won by blackMamba1187 blackMamba1187 (10 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Outbreak: The New Nightmare - Won by ArbitraryWater ArbitraryWater (8 entries)

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Alright, everybody focus and go win a copy of Outbreak. We can yell at the mods later about why they refuse to be bribed.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god! A very late thank you to Ishiro for this FFXIII Remastered giveaway:

Apparently I won it, but GiftBot never PMd me about it, so I had no idea until now. The only reason I even noticed was because I was going to go check my entered giveaways and accidentally clicked on the Won Giveaways tab. Thankfully the tab also tells you what the code is, so there's no danger of losing the code if this ever happends to anyone again.

1 gift from nded

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from nded nded!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

nded said:

• Steam Steam: Orcs Must Die! + Orcs Must Die! 2 - Won by Ellyshia Ellyshia (94 entries)

2 gifts from painey

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from painey painey!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.