• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017

I... didn't win?

DifficultSilverCottonmouth-size_restricted.gif

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
:(

i cant enter Nioh give away because i already won senua's

im kinda sad because i already beat senua's on xbox
This is bad, dude. You entered for a game you already owned, come on. You fully deserve to be locked out of those further giveaways, this is borderline abuse (in my personal opinion anyway).

I feel like you should probably give away the Hellblade key back to the community, to be honest.

Last edited:

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Cels Cels!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Cels said:
got this key a while ago from chrono.gg without realizing i had the game already. not sure if key is still good.

These are our awesome prizes:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Oops! I just wanted to ensure that people who have not won anything get a chance.

And I genuinely thank you for that. Even if I'm not intereted in Nioh and therefore won't participate, I'm happy someone who has never won anything ever, will get the chance to finally win a game, and an amazing one at that! Keep doing the good work!

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
People adding the 7/30-day timers are just trying to give other people a shot at winning something from Giftbot.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I'm having the shittiest of days. Lots of bad things have happened lately and now my phone broke. It's about a week older than 1 year. So much fun.

Since GiftBot isn't likely to make my day any better, maybe I can use GiftBot to make someone else's day better and therefore be happier myself? Hmmm.
There are a bunch of disappointed people in here who wanted Control...

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
People adding the 7/30-day timers are just trying to give other people a shot at winning something from Giftbot.
I've seen it mentioned that the number of entrants to those raffles is very low, because so many people have won something already. Also, all those people had the same chances to win the earlier raffles as everyone else, and now they're the only ones with a chance to win certain raffles. That's not very fair.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is bad, dude. You entered for a game you already owned, come on. You fully deserve to be locked out of further giveaways, this is borderline abuse.

You should give away the Hellblade key back to the community, to be honest.

im actually going to, but i dont know how, where i can make the giveaway?

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Not me kindly refusing people wanting to offer me Hellblade privately because I know how many people want to play this game and I want everybody to get a fair shot at getting it through a raffle, myself included, only for it to be won by someone who already played and finished the damn game.

This is seriously testing my integrity.
(no it's not, but it's still a punch in the guts, ngl)

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I've seen it mentioned that the number of entrants to those raffles is very low, because so many people have won something already. Also, all those people had the same chances to win the earlier raffles as everyone else, and now they're the only ones with a chance to win certain raffles. That's not very fair.
This is a fun thing, everyone should get a chance to win at least one thing. The restrictions make it easier to share the wealth. Nothing wrong with it.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
It is fair, though. If someone hasn't won something at all, it's better for that person to have a chance of winning with smaller odds than people who have won things already being added to the pot. I have already won something, so I can't enter those giveaways either, but I still think they're fair.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not me kindly refusing people wanting to offer me Hellblade privately because I know how many people want to play this game and I want everybody to get a fair shot at getting it through a raffle, myself included, only for it to be won by someone who already played and finished the damn game.

This is seriously testing my integrity.
(no it's not, but it's still a punch in the guts, ngl)

Yeah, that kinda stuff shouldn't fly. No wonder a lot of people haven't won anything yet, if people go for games they already own! I only go for games I either haven't played or don't own; and only those I have interest in playing to not take away chances from other people just to let it rot in my backlog

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Gustaf Gustaf!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Gustaf said:
Sorry friends,

(i want to make clear i do not own senua's)

• Steam Steam: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - Won by Goney Goney

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Velikost Velikost!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 6 gifts from Birbo Birbo!

Birbo said:
A few more Steam keys lying around. Apologies in advance if there's any issues with them!

Buzz

Oct 28, 2017
Don't worry, it's a lovely gesture and people really appreciate it.
And I genuinely thank you for that. Even if I'm not intereted in Nioh and therefore won't participate, I'm happy someone who has never won anything ever, will get the chance to finally win a game, and an amazing one at that! Keep doing the good work!
I'm not even eligible but still appreciate you giving people a shot
No oops needed; you're increasing the chances for people who haven't won anything. It's good.
Thanks guys :)

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017

This is a giveaway not a competition. If people want to give to ones who don't win, it is certainly fair.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having the shittiest of days. Lots of bad things have happened lately and now my phone broke. It's about a week older than 1 year. So much fun.

Since GiftBot isn't likely to make my day any better, maybe I can use GiftBot to make someone else's day better and therefore be happier myself? Hmmm.
There are a bunch of disappointed people in here who wanted Control...

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

And just as an idea, if you give Control away, there hasn't been a console giveaway for that game, just pc. And even if that works against me, you can consider using the 7/30 days from last win restriction, or at least 24h.

Purple Forum Redemption? It's only just you do it!

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It is fair, though. If someone hasn't won something at all, it's better for that person to have a chance of winning with smaller odds than people who have won things already being added to the pot. I have already won something, so I can't enter those giveaways either, but I still think they're fair.
But that is by definition not fair. It's literally more raffle tickets than other people can have. For all you know, those people go on to have a string of great luck with future raffles that are open to everyone. In the long run, you would expect people with more raffle tickets to win more of them.

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
At the end of the day, gifters are free to put whatever restrictions they see fit, and shouldn't be criticized about it.
They're the ones giving away games, they're the ones doing everybody a favor by sharing and being kind, so if they want to make sure that it's a real active member of the community that gets the game, so be it, and if they wanna make sure that it's someone who never won anything ever yet who gets the game, so be it. Those restrictions are here for a purpose, and while they might make you feel bad for missing out on a rad raffle, remember that it means you: already won something. Or for a lot of people, several things even.

So please, refrain from making gifters feel bad & shame them for whatever they personally chose those restrictions to be. Their motives are legitimate and not yours to question nor whine about. If anything, those restrictions aren't used enough at all, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Thank you.

All instructions are here which was also linked in the OP.

At the end of the day, gifters are free to put whatever restrictions they see fit, and shouldn't be criticized about that.
They're the one giving away games, they're the one doing everybody a favor by sharing and being kind, so if they want to make sure that it's a real active member of the community that gets the game, so be it, and if they wanna make sure that it's someone who never won anything ever yet who gets the game, so be it. Those restrictions are here for a purpose, and while they might make you feel bad for missing out on a rad raffle, remember that it means you: already won something, or even for a lot of people, several things.
Bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.