• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Astraea Astraea!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Astraea said:
I don't want to exclude TOO many people, so basically anyone who wins between now and when this raffle ends :p

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (Canada(US?)) Nintendo Switch (Canada(US?)): 12 Month Switch Online - Won by leburn98 leburn98

itspants1

Jul 17, 2018
I am on a hearty losing streak!

Does anybody know if it's possible to gift a digital game for PS4? / how to do it? I can't figure it out :((

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I am on a hearty losing streak!

Does anybody know if it's possible to gift a digital game for PS4? / how to do it? I can't figure it out :((
I don't think you can any more, unless you're a dev getting a supply of your own codes from Sony. Amazon used to sell codes for some games. Maybe GameStop did too. I think they all stopped. You could gift PSN money, if you felt so inclined. Hint, a PM to me is faster than using Giftbot.

Ashflow

Feb 13, 2018
US
Have entered a few giveaways without posting, but since I need to post 5 times for some of these things, I'll start off with this declaration: if I ever win anything I enter, I'll put up a steam code for Curse of the Moon. Backed Bloodstained for Switch but never saw the emails about changing platform for CotM, so I've held onto it for a while!

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
I have been asking for proper gifting systems for consoles for years now, hopefully, this thread will push others to ask for gifting too.

They have to listen to us if a bunch of us ask right ;-;

Meta

Oct 29, 2017
I wish it was easier to gift Steam keys for games that you already own (unless I'm doing something wrong).

Would love to do a raffle with Total Annihilation purely for the sake of evangelizing it.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Me: Yay I want to win prizes!
Also me: Prize after prize that I already own. Wow, I own A LOT of games...

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 5 gifts from crienne crienne!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

crienne said:
These are Steam codes from my Humble Bundle keys collection. Hopefully these work. I'm pretty sure they will.

CMM1215

Oct 25, 2017
You guys are wild. Thank you EVERYONE for all of the crazy giveaways. It's been fun seeing everyone get so excited :)

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Velikost Velikost!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Steam Steam: AI War: Fleet Command - Won by (mat) (mat)

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Welp I have lost count on the losses I've had so far.

Hoping the next group of giveaways I enter I can get some sort of win.

Cloud_Strife

Nov 23, 2018
"Junior members are not allowed to enter this raffle."

giphy.gif

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Junior members are not allowed to enter this raffle."

giphy.gif

It's even worse if you see a giveaway with a game you have on your wishlist or direly want and then it's for "hasn't won this week/month" ;_; ('specially considering it's Thursday and the last time I got a key - which was a leftover one from a giveaway that ended - was Sunday so I'm at almost a week already!)

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017
I wish it was easier to gift Steam keys for games that you already own (unless I'm doing something wrong).

Would love to do a raffle with Total Annihilation purely for the sake of evangelizing it.

If I remember correctly, you can either buy the key on a third party site like Humble, or you can buy it through Steam as a gift and get a gift link that way.

And yeah, Total Annihilation was an awesome game. I was one of the few who drastically preferred it over Starcraft back when they were both at their heyday. At least there was once somewhat of a community for the multiplayer for that. I always thought Moonbase Commander was one of those hugely underappreciated gems, and it never really got the attention it deserved.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Wow! This is a great Nintendo goodie right here. Should I join the giveaway right now or wait through the deadline??? What if I have more chances of scoring a win ig I join on the middle of deadline for examplee ahhhhh I just want to win something :'(

Reminder! Sonic Mania (steam) for those who haven't won a single thing :D less than an hour to go btw

Hell yes, just joined! Thank you! That's a game my shitty PC can definitely run. Now if I can only win it...

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
If I remember correctly, you can either buy the key on a third party site like Humble, or you can buy it through Steam as a gift and get a gift link that way.

And yeah, Total Annihilation was an awesome game. I was one of the few who drastically preferred it over Starcraft back when they were both at their heyday. At least there was once somewhat of a community for the multiplayer for that. I always thought Moonbase Commander was one of those hugely underappreciated gems, and it never really got the attention it deserved.
True story about Total Annihilation. The main creator, Chris Taylor, had worked at EA Canada and left to form his company and make TA. When the game came out, and if you recall the box art showed his name, he took a trip back to Vancouver with a box of copies of his game to hand them out, including to the boss who said he would never amount to much.

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
Yeah now that you mention... how can I obtain a key for a digital game on Switch to give as a gift or for these giveaways?? Once you purchase on the eshop the game downloads to the console right away.
It varies by title. Some US region games can be purchased digitally from Amazon at which point you will receive a code. Other games can be purchased from the Nintendo web store for regions such as Argentina that do not have an e-shop. If you buy a game from such a web store you will be emailed a code.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder who's going to be the first person to giveaway a console? Maybe a switch or something lol. I can see that happening....

👀

Status
Not open for further replies.