• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Quick tip: Page 11 has 2 raffles that have ended but still have unclaimed games;
Ooooooh thank you!
Edit: it seems there are still 4 prizes to still be claimed. I'm gonna leave them for someone who would be more excited to play them than I would.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Bit of a PSA to everyone (and also to Kyuuji above) - when linking to older giveaways, please bear in mind that everyone has different page view settings - some of us are on mobile and some of us are on desktop too, meaning that the above link, whilst listing page 111 is actually on page 56 for me, for example.

When linking, please remove the page information and it will auto-redirect to wherever the post actually is, for example;

Oct 26, 2017
Bit of a PSA to everyone (and also to Kyuuji above) - when linking to older giveaways, please bear in mind that everyone has different page view settings - some of us are on mobile and some of us are on desktop too, meaning that the above link, whilst listing page 111 is actually on page 56 for me, for example.

When linking, please remove the page information and it will auto-redirect to wherever the post actually is, for example;

Seems like that's a bug in the forum - links should be to post number, regardless of page number...

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
There's another one down the page that still has Sniper Elite and Mirror's Edge
Whilst I guess by this point everybody has already played them, I'm gonna leave them for someone who would appreciate them. I don't want to claim them just to say i won something. Thank you for the post though.

Neuroxia

Mar 31, 2019
Whilst I guess by this point everybody has already played them, I'm gonna leave them for someone who would appreciate them. I don't want to claim them just to say i won something. Thank you for the post though.

I totally get you; I'm also participating only when i know that i have interest in the game; There's no point in winning something that's going to rot in my library when someone else might appreciate the title and actually play it;

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Another morning, another nothing. Lol

What ive seen from my lost ones is that in the multiole choice, A LOT of users were winning 2 or 3 games instead of only one. Maybe do something in giftbot that when you get something in that raffle you are automatically eliminated of the other multiple choice stuff of the same raffle?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I never win a single one of the raffles.
giphy.gif

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Oh really? Yeah, for example, when clicking on that link Kyuuji posted, I get taken to the top of this page (70 for me) and then the post number after that which doesn't go anywhere. Cerium any idea on this?
Hmmm ah I see what happened.

Kyuuji copied that link from his address bar -- if you do it that way yeah it won't work lol. Any link you get from the post itself should be universal however.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

Weird, I'm not even sure how Kyuuji generated that link. When I click on a post # the page # doesn't show up in the link...
Hmmm ah I see what happened.

Kyuuji copied that link from his address bar -- if you do it that way yeah it won't work lol. Any link you get from the post itself should be universal however.
Ah woops! On mobile atm I tapped the time of the post and copied the URL from the address bar. Seems the same occurs when tapping the post number (has the page in the URL).

How do you do it properly on mobile?

Edit: ahh just using the share button, always figured that was just for social links! 😳

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Ah woops! On mobile atm I tapped the time of the post and copied the URL from the address bar. Seems the same occurs when tapping the post number (has the page in the URL).

How do you do it properly on mobile?
Press the "share" icon (looks like a two pronged branch) and there should be a mobile friendly option to get the post link.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Press the "share" icon (looks like a two pronged branch) and there should be a mobile friendly option to get the post link.
Gotcha, thank you! For some reason assumed they were just social media sharing options so have been using the post number or time one for the past two years lmao. Woops!

Thelvynfox

May 6, 2019
I totally get you; I'm also participating only when i know that i have interest in the game; There's no point in winning something that's going to rot in my library when someone else might appreciate the title and actually play it;
I will admit I was pretty non specific when I started - still only games I might play but I suspect I'm like most people with a steam library with plenty of those that I've never got around to playing.
Once I won something though I started being a lot pickier - only entering if they are games I'd install and play today.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, FFXIV mounts!

I'm staying away from the fat cat mount though... aside from being weirded out by the size of it, I absolutely hate the dismount noises it makes, hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.