• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to give Epic store games away? I have a bunch of the free games on there I've never downloaded as I've already played them

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how can I buy a digital Switch game and get it as a download code rather than it just downloading to my Switch?

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
You can do it both ways. When sending gifts, at least you know what game you gave away in your library.
I clicked "reveal your steam key" and then just listed it as a Steam key in the giveaway. My Giveaway hasn't ended yet, but to me that seems easier for the winner.
Cool, thanks for the speedy replies. I'll be sure and do that for my next raffle. I think that "Steam will not provide duplicate keys for games you already own" line threw me off since a lot of the bigger games (and my two Mysteries) are games I already own.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Oh how could I miss this topic for so long? So many kind people contributing. Hope to get lucky :)

HellBlazer

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
I entered three giveaways yesterday but only got one notification of sadness. I'm pretty sure all of them would have ended by now. Is that some sort of bug or normal?

There was some temporary issue yesterday when notifications weren't sending, that might be the reason. Check this page to verify what you've won: https://www.resetera.com/giveaways/won

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how can I buy a digital Switch game and get it as a download code rather than it just downloading to my Switch?

Humblebundle.com and cdkeys.com sell some Switch games. And I guess the web eShop might give codes, as someone said.

Oct 29, 2017
Nothing, sadly. If I'm reading it right, the first two tabs are only for those who are actually giving things away, right?

There should be a third tab that says "Giveaways Won." I only mention this because earlier there was a bug and winners weren't being notified so I figured maybe you won something and you just had to manually check your list of winnings :)

Jun 22, 2018
I entered three giveaways yesterday but only got one notification of sadness. I'm pretty sure all of them would have ended by now. Is that some sort of bug or normal?
Sounds like there was a bug where some notifications didn't go out. If you go to the giveaways page from the menu, then go to "Won Giveaways" you can see if you won any of them.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Cth Cth!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Cth said:
Ok, I'm giving away something different. I used to do this in the Steam thread at the old site.

I'm giving away $10 to your choice of store.

The winner gets $10 PayPal'd or I can buy the game/giftcard and send it your way!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Your Platform Choice Your Platform Choice: $10 - Digital Store of Your Choice - Won by jasius jasius

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nice, Cth! I'm going to dream of the switch indie I'll buy, only to have them crushed by that smiling purple bastard.

HellBlazer

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Ah, thanks for the input. Bummer, I was hoping to do a very recently released game and it's not on either of those. Oh well!

Aw, too bad. Looks like Amazon and Best Buy have some too... If it's very recent, not sure it would be on there, though. Looking around a bit, I just found this Gameflip site which seems to be a marketplace where people can sell codes. Dunno how legit it is, but here's their Switch listing: https://gameflip.com/en/browse/games/nintendo-switch

Hell yeah, HellBlazer . What a geat gift! Fingers are crossed. :)

🤞

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Aw, too bad. Looks like Amazon and Best Buy have some too... If it's very recent, not sure it would be on there, though. Looking around a bit, I just found this Gameflip site which seems to be a marketplace where people can sell codes. Dunno how legit it is, but here's their Switch listing: https://gameflip.com/en/browse/games/nintendo-switch
Good looks, I appreciate you looking into it for me. It's recent enough where maybe even a few days will be enough time for it to show up on other storefronts. I'll keep checking in, and if I end up having to change which game I put up, so be it.

Endruen

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Thank you Wortany for Song of the Deep! I love metroidvanias and somehow this one went under my radar.

Damn, those 7 days on Cadence of Hyrule really hurt.
Yay I won
Thanks Endruen :)
Thanks for Yoku's Island Express, Endruen!
You're welcome!
Wow, thank you to Endruen and Zeeman for She Remembered Caterpillars and Punch Club, respectively!!! That first one in particular is something I've wanted to check out for awhile, I really like puzzle games like that.

I'm only entering a handful of the giveaways and I've just gotten really lucky I guess (or have been going for the more obscure stuff lol) but I think I'm gonna take it a bit easier on entering for awhile haha.....i've still got one active giveaway going but then I'm pretty much tapped out on that front as well.
That was the one I wasn't sure to redeem or give it away, happy I didn't keep it, it ended up with someone who will appreciate it more :)

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from CheeseWraith CheeseWraith!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

CheeseWraith said:
Here we go, as promised earlier today.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Humble Bundle Humble Bundle: (Epic Store) Shadow Complex Remastered - Won by Karlinel Karlinel
  • Steam Steam: Killing Floor - Won by Staab Staab
  • Steam Steam: Styx : Shards of Darkness - Won by ruttyboy

Status
Not open for further replies.