• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wortany

Nov 10, 2017
Under 30m left for Stardew Valley (EU - Switch)
Reminder for NA peeps you can just make an EU account and add it to your Switch in about 10m.

oggob Sedated Gradon Delphine Irrotational

💜😊
Hah, I was thinking of doing a reminder as well just now!

For everyone who might have missed this when the thread was moving super fast, don't sleep on this raffle from yesterday that will end in less than 5 hours:
(Juniors Welcome! I know how you feel 😭)

I'm pretty sure I can interest anyone with at least one game in that list :D
Make sure to have your Steam/Google side-by-side to look up any names you don't know, some might surprise you.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Really? I don't remember seeing them in a giveaway for PC. Unfortunately I can't get most PC games because my laptop is pretty weak for this kind of thing. Can only play really undemanding games.

I'm mostly just waiting for PS4 content giveaways lol.
Celeste and enter the gungeon will run on anything. Epic games store gave them for free in their free weekly giveaway(its gone now). You should check out egs.

Big Al

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Woke up to two wins! Both from anonymous, Sniper Elite V2 and 50 percent off players DND handbook(although I'm not quite sure where I'm redeeming this one lol any direction is appreciated)

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! Figured all it'd take was like one look lol, still waking up over here :)

Pro-tip for last time I entered a code on DnD Beyond, but I had to put in the dashes for it to be registered versus a lot of places who don't need the dashes/put them in automatically, so make sure to do that if you're having trouble

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
As a general reminder, keeping or trading duplicates is against the spirit of the thread.
It's best to regift the codes you don't need.
The optional restriction on people who've won prizes would be better (or better alongside) an optional restriction on people who've entered loads of contests. Some people are entering for everything just because they can, and all these games will end up never played in a Steam backlog where someone that would truly have enjoyed it misses out. It'd be cool to put a restriction so that if someone's entered more than x contests in the last y hours, they can be excluded. I'd personally rather use that setting than the "if you've won in the last 24 hours you can't enter" one, as it would tend to exclude selfish people rather than lucky ones.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
The optional restriction on people who've won prizes would be better (or better alongside) an optional restriction on people who've entered loads of contests. Some people are entering for everything just because they can, and all these games will end up never played in a Steam backlog where someone that would truly have enjoyed it misses out. It'd be cool to put a restriction so that if someone's entered more than x contests in the last y hours, they can be excluded. I'd personally rather use that setting than the "if you've won in the last 24 hours you can't enter" one, as it would tend to exclude selfish people rather than lucky ones.
I'll let the designer know. Thanks for the feedback. : )

CornIsGood

Oct 25, 2017
That would also exclude the extremely unlucky. I've lost 40 and won zero. Is it selfish for me to want to win a single raffle?

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for Ziggurat, JamFlan ! Unfortunately, I already have a key for it, but I had no idea! I'm paying yours forward with a giveaway.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from DudleySoft DudleySoft!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

DudleySoft said:
Nobody suspects a thing...

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Octodad: Dadliest Catch - Won by Mad Mad
  • Steam Steam: Octodad: Dadliest Catch - Won by The Kid The Kid

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
True.

But if you enter 100 contests and win 0, being restricted from entering because you have bad luck also isn't good! Obviously entering lots of contests, winning them and not playing obviously is selfish but there will be people who genuinely like to try anything they may win so will enter more.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Adamska Adamska!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Ziggurat - Won by mompe mompe

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
That would also exclude the extremely unlucky. I've lost 40 and won zero. Is it selfish for me to want to win a single raffle?
That's fair.

Once this thread is over and the number of contests calms down a lot it might not even be an issue. I'm just thinking about the people in the thread who've entered for everything whether they want it or not, so we're talking 250 entries rather than 40, or selecting literally every game in a contest that allows it. In theory you wouldn't lose 40 times if people had to be a bit more careful about what they went in for! Maybe you still would, but your chances would be better.

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
F5-ing this thread instead of working. Damn my addictive personality. That stupid spinning face gloating at me is like flashing lights on a fruit machine

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl

Exactly.

I've entered everything I possibly could have and have won 3 times, but I raffled off one of my winnings. Especially when there's a value disparity in prizes. Just look at the poor soul who won a Ouya game and can now not enter to win a newly released AAA title lmao.

Jul 26, 2019
Many thanks to:

RazieltheShifter for Old Man's Journey

Lemonade727 for The Swapper

Hamster0 for TransOcean: The Shipping Company

ArbitraryWater for Star Wars: KotoR

Sordid for 60 Parsecs!, Seven: The Last Days Gone, and Pool Panic

Anduril for Back to the Future, Pony Island, Road to Balhala, INK, Breach and Clear, Boarderlands, 140, and Monaco

Setsune for 60 Parsecs! which I re-raffled.

And I'm glad you won Night in the Woods rouken. If you have a Life is Strange avatar you are almost certain to like Night in the Woods imo.
You're welcome, you have won a lot of games. Enjoy.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Ah man, wanted to win Samuari Shodown lol
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.