• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
How's the lasagne rendering?
04-hot-lasagna.jpg

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Also, can anyone technologically inclined tell me how in the world is Giftbot's icon animated given the extension is .PNG?

I assumed it was a trick to make the system accept it, and it was using the wrong extension as an envelope, but I don't know for sure. Now I want to go back and take a look...

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
This giveaway has unfortunately been cancelled.

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Pedro Pedro!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Pedro said:
Hey! This was one of my favorite games from 2016, hope you have fun with it.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I was curious about this. There are enough givaways in the early pages that poking through the thread feels rewarding, but admittedly as more and more pages stack up, that's gonna end up being prohibitive.
Indeed. In the meantime, you can always just follow giftbot and check the posts it makes every so often, as a stop-gap measure.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Guys, if you're gonna create a giveaway for this thread, please reconsider opting out of the 5 posts in thread option. It makes little sense to enable it in here. It was more intended for community/OT threads, for people wanting to do a giveaway for long-time participants of those threads.

I'm more concerned about people taking advantage and entering every giveaway no matter what

Hopefully there is a cool down for people who have won something

While creating a giveaway, the creator can chose a wide array of options:

- Blocking people who won a giveaway in the past hour/day/week/calendar month
- Blocking people who don't have 5 posts in the thread the giveaway has been posted on
- Blocking people who haven't created a giveaway in the last 30 days
- Blocking people who haven't created a giveaway since the last time they won one

So far those are all available, and will be there to limit abuse.

But maybe.. make it an option to Threadmark a giveaway or something like that.. the giveaways disappear to fast, especially since some have the 5 posts criteria ..

Your suggestion has been forwarded to the staff, thank you for the feedback!

Last edited:

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I appreciate the lack of whining about the prize pool, which is partly because the prizes seem excellent, and partly because people are behaving themselves. I haven't seen many giveaway threads go this smoothly, entry-wise and people-wise. Also, this thread is a threat to my prepping for this meeting.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from OnionPowder OnionPowder!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Steam Steam: Unavowed - Won by Dari Dari

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from an anonymous user!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Steam Steam: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut - Won by Pyccko Pyccko
  • Steam Steam: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut - Won by Yeul Yeul

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I need to figure out how to use the giftbot. I probably have some codes somewhere to give away, especially since I don't play much on pc anymore.

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
Oh tight, this gift bot alerts you even if you didn't win, so you can get excited before actually reading the notification

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 9 gifts from Deleted member 11637!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Deleted member 11637 said:
Oh my...a random check of my Humble account showed me I have a ton of unclaimed Steam keys. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.