• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - Number 1 by far. Childhood was defined by this game, and so were story-driven video games as a medium.

2. Cyberpunk 2077 - CDPR's love and attention to detail in their games is well known. In what looks to be a fantastic setting with multiple ways to play, my excitement levels are extremely high.

3. Ghost of Tsushima - Possibly the last big PS4 game. It will be under heavy scrutiny following Sekiro's success, but I'm confident we'll see a fantastic game none-the-less

4. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - Never owned a Wii/3DS and I loved Xenoblade 2, so fully on board wth this. Seems they are putting a lot of care into this.

5. Nioh 2 - Nioh 1 was a sleeper hit. Played the beta for 2 and it was just as good with a lot more additions

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
  1. Doom Eternal - The first one was what fast paced FPS should strive to be. All my gaming planning was around it this end of the year and then they pushed it to 2020. Bring the pain!
  2. Final Fantasy 7 Remake - I still think FF7 is a bit overrated but I can't argue that it's not a great game. The remake seems pretty awesome so far and I can't wait to go to Midgar again.
  3. Persona 5 Royal - Vanilla P5 might be my favorite JRPG of all time. So it's a no brainer.
  4. Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind - I need this in my veins, now.
  5. Cyberpunk 2077 - Didn't watch too much of it but it looks pretty great. Witcher 3 was awesome and it looks like they have another contender this year for GOTY awards.
  6. Resident Evil 3 - RE2 remake was awesome, RE3 remake will be too.
  7. The Last of Us Part II - Really excited to see what the Naughty Dog end of the generation game will be like.
  8. Bravely Default II - I still hold the first two Bravely very close to my heart. I just want to see what time fuckery they will do next.
  9. Dragon Ball Z : Kakarot - 30 years of Dragon Ball and I still don't hate to see the same story be remade again and again.
  10. Half Life : Alyx - Not higher on the list because while i'm excited, I still don't have a PC VR headset. There is still time though.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 3 is one of my GOATs and i simply can't wait to experience the next step from CD Projekt Red.
  2. The Last of Us: Part II - Sequel to one of the best games ever (imo). It's going to be a wild and brutal ride but i look forward to see Ellie again.
  3. Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 - Out of nowhere sequel to one of my most beloved games. Please be a worthy successor.
  4. FInal Fantadsy VII Remake - An impossible remake for "the" jrpg for many people. The original has a special place in my heart.
  5. Resident Evil 3 Remake - A more action-heavy take on the beloved underdog of the first 3 resident evil games. Could be something big.
  6. Ghost of Tsushima - Sucker Punch makes great games but GoT looks like the pinnacle of their craft. A grounded samurai/ninja open world is rare.
  7. Doom Eternal - Sequel to one of the best shooters (imo). I can't wait to learn/see more about/of angels, demons and the end of humanity.
  8. Psychonauts 2 - Double FIne is a gem and their games are special. Getting a sequel of one of their best games is a dream come true.
  9. Watch Dogs: Legion - The more open system style approach is really interesting and who doesn't love to beat up fascists.
  10. Half-Life: Alyx - Valve is back to innovate. This time around it's going to show the rest of the class what VR games can be.
Hollow Knight: Silksong would be my no. 1 if it was eligable.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
  1. Bravely Default II - As a big fan of the previous Bravely Default games and Octopath Traveler, this is almost certain to be something I really enjoy
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake - So far this looks very impressive, and FF7 was a core part of my childhood. I'm very happy that they seem to be embracing a lot of the weirdness of the original.
  3. No More Heroes III - These games are so dumb but I love them
  4. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - I haven't played an Animal Crossing since the Gamecube, and I'm looking forward to getting back into one
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - What's on that shoulder? I need to know.
  6. Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Encore - Being able to replay this without having to dig out my Wii U again is going to be fun. This game was just very charming, and the song leading into the final boss fight was probably a real highlight to look out for.
  7. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - I really wanted to play a Yakuza game before now, but just couldn't get into the combat, so the changes have me very excited.
  8. Guilty Gear Strive - I'm the idiot that actually follows the stories to these games
  9. Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers - I'm a sucker for both dumb Persona spinoffs and the occasional Warriors game.
  10. Cyberpunk 2077 - I'm a little cautious about this one, but I'm still hoping for good things.

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
The-Last-of-Us-Part-2-Release-Date-and-Gameplay-Ellie-will-be-More-Brutal-and-Emotional-e1574363996388-800x400.jpg

1. The Last of Us Part 2 - The sequel to the best game ever. I have no idea where Druckmann is taking the story, but I can't wait to find out what Punished Ellie is up to.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077
  3. Ghost of Tsushima
  4. Resident Evil 3
  5. Dying Light 2
  6. Disco Elysium - console edition
  7. Marvel's Avengers
  8. Watch Dogs Legion
  9. Godfall
  10. Dreams

Last edited:

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
  1. Ghost of Tsushima - Ancient Japan is the best setting for a game period, combine that with a grounded game and stunning art direction and you have me hyped.
  2. Nioh 2 - The first game was my GOTY 2017 and it's also the only Souls like game that not only gets it right but arguably reaching From's output.
  3. The Last of US Part II - Sequel to the game of the last generation.
  4. Final Fantasy VII Remake - It's FF, is there more to be said?
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - I liked Xenoblade 2 and I heard this one is even better.
  6. Dreams - MM's masterpiece and one of the most innovative games of all time, there is no limit to what can people create and trying those unlimited creations for myself is a joy, this should be on everyone's radar, it's the YouTube of gaming.
  7. Godfall - Cautiosly optimistic for this game, it looks to be Destiny meets Monster Hunter which I'm alway game for those type of games.
Cyberpunk is on my radar but it being an FPS now took away the hype I had, plus the world structure just reminds me of GTA which I'm not a fan of, undecided about Bravely Default II, I liked Octopath and this is supposed to be like it (but better?) but at the same time I hate the art style.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 3 - Coming off of my 2019 GOTY RE2, my hype for RE3 is through the roof right now. I'm a huge fan of the original game and everything they've shown so far looks bigger and better. Capcom are truly reinventing this game to be best it can be and I can't wait. I fully expect RE to be my GOTY two years in a row.
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake - So far everything from this game looks perfect. The characters look great, the story looks as good as ever and it really looks to be a substantial remake over the original. Once they show Red XIII and confirm him to be playable I'm all in on this game.
  3. Cyberpunk 2077 - There's admittedly a big gap here between this game and the first two, but I'm still excited for Cyberpunk. The world looks fantastic and the setting is incredibly interesting to me.
  4. The Last of Us: Part 2
  5. Doom Eternal
  6. Oddworld: Soulstorm
  7. Guilty Gear Strive
  8. Ghost of Tsushima
  9. Granblue Fantasy Versus
  10. Watch Dogs Legion

Last edited:

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - It's been 7 years since New Leaf released in Japan. Huge gap between mainline entries. I'm looking forward to get back into this world. Animal Crossing is such a cozy series.
  2. Bravely Default II - After several teases by Square Enix, we finally got an official announcement. Bravely Default was there for me when Final Fantasy wasn't. It's a JRPG old school fans shouldn't miss, and it will become an even greater success on the Switch.
  3. Final Fantasy VII Remake - This seems to be a fantastic remake of the most iconic Final Fantasy game ever.
  4. Persona 5 Royal - An enhanced version of one of my favorite games of the generation.
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - The single best console JRPG from the Wii/PS3/360 era gets the facelift it deserves.
  6. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore - I never actually played this on Wii U, so this will be like a brand new game for me.
  7. No More Heroes III - I'm ready for more of Suda51's shenanigans.

mdf/markus

Oct 30, 2017
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - It's the project I'm most confident in since, I guess The Last of Us. Great developer, fresh setting for an open world. Love it.
  2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - The first game basically made me fall in love with the 2D metroidvania stlyle of game. Looking absolutely lovely.
  3. The Last of Us Part II - Still a bit on the fence whether they'll hit the right tone, but this is the one title I most definitely will power up in my old PS4 this year.
  4. DOOM Eternal - The delay just showed me how much I desire some straight up badass FPS in my life.
  5. Halo Infinite - Really curious where they'll go with that franchise. Still 50/50 on which platform to choose next gen, this might be an important one this year.
  6. Final Fantasy VII Remake - I've always found VII's atmosphere the most original from all the FFs. Still not sure how to feel about the split releases.
  7. Resident Evil 3 Remake - Man, RE2 Remake was insanely ambitious and for me it somehow changed the game for remake/remasters. Never played the original.
  8. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - If they deliver a somewhat polished product, it could be a sleeper hit in 2020. I love the tone of Bloodlines.
  9. Ghost of Tsushima - Not the biggest fan of the setting. The latest trailer was just stunning. Pretty confindent it will also deliver gameplay wise.
  10. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - The fact that it will also offer a fitting gamepad experience makes me really want to dive into a Flight Simulator.
HM to Half-Life: Alyx, though I'm just going to enjoy the ride via video impressions, as I'm not planning on buying into VR just because of that one interesting game.

Last edited:

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
  1. The Last of Us Part 2 - First game is my favorite game so i'm ready for the sequel
  2. Ghost of Tsushima - Looks beautiful and love the setting
  3. Doom: Eternal - The first game was addicting and been craving some more lately
  4. Cyberpunk 2077 - Looks promising and also love the setting
  5. Resident Evil 3 - Number 2 remake was amazing and can't wait to see nemesis remade!
  6. Half Life Alyx - I probably won't get it since I don't like VR but is interesting to me!
  7. Watch Dog Legions - I liked the first two and like the idea of playing as any character
  8. Hellblade 2 - The first was great and this one looks even better!
  9. Halo 6 - I like halo and want to see how the extra time has made this halo better!
  10. Marvel Avengers - I have some interest in it and hope it's fun to play!

Halo Infinite

Vondudu

May 7, 2018

1. Microsoft Flight Simulator: Most impressive sim ever
  2. Kerbal Space Program 2: Jebbbeeeediiiaaaa
  3. Ori and the Will of the Wisps: My eyes can't take it
  4. Animal Crossing: New Horizons: We need freshness and kindness in this world
  5. Doom Eternal: We need rock and pain just after
  6. Cyberpunk 2077
  7. Bravely Default 2: We need more REVO
  8. Gods and Monsters: We need more BOTW clone
  9. Xenoblade Chronicles : Defenitive Edition

Nb:My top will be very different if BOTW2 elden ring Bayo 3 was confirmed for 2020 and obviously retrostudio secret game

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
  1. Final Fantasy VII R: My most anticipated game. Played the original when it came out and this is looking ace.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077: Witcher 3 was my favourite WRPG ever. This is looking to take what they are good at and go even further
  3. Ghost of Tsushima: I love the setting, and enjoyed Infamous SS and First Light. It looks absolutely beautiful as well.
  4. The Last of Us 2: Big fan of ND games, even if I probably prefered Uncharted games to TLoU. Looking forward to it.
  5. Dreams: This has so much creative potential. Want to make mostly music and short films with it.
  6. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Eddition: Played XB2 on Switch last year and interested in the original
  7. No More Heroes 3: The trailer for this was batshit insane. Never played any of the previous games, but I am interested.
  8. Yakuza: Like a Dragon: Big Yakuza fan.
  9. Disco Elysium: This sounds very intriguing. Wish it was coming to Switch though, even though I have a PS4.
  10. Bravely Default 2: Never played the original, but always enjoy playing RPGs on switch.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
  1. The Last of Us Part II - The sequel to one of my favorite games of all times, while I actually didn't really want a sequel after that ending, the trailers have sold me on the fact that ND is about go all out with this new entry.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - Its been 5 years since Witcher 3 and we are getting blessed with yet another title right on the edge of the next gen.
  3. Final Fantasy VII Remake - Always got intimidated to start up the original due to how old and long it was. This remake seems like a perfect opportunity to get into the VII universe.
  4. Ghost of Tsushima - Sucker Punch has been working on this baby for quite some time now, as huge inFamous I hope this becomes their Horizon moment.
  5. Marvel's Avengers - Single Player Avengers story with Online Co-OP, whats not to like here?
  6. Halo Infinite - I've been slowly playing all Halo games for the first time; I have almost finished Reach but I'm looking forward to see what this next gen Halo will look like.
  7. Watch Dogs Legions - Very intrigued by how this game will handle various NPCs plots that are actually playable o_O.
  8. Doom Eternal - Loved 2016s, time for more.
  9. Resident Evil 3 - Absolutely loved RE2R, NOT looking forward to Nemesis after witnessing his predecessor.
  10. Dragon Ball Z Kakarot - Been reading the manga and I've been fan of the anime since I was little, very interested in exploring the actual world beyond just fighting.

Samanyolu

Apr 27, 2019
  1. Ghost Of Tsushima - Hyped since its announcement, really. It looks absolutely amazing and the theme (ninja's) just can't go wrong (for me).
  2. The Last Of Us 2 - Can't wait to continue where it left off.
  3. Final Fantasy VII Remake - Never played the original, but I love the characters in the game that I've seen over the past years.
  4. Nioh 2 - The first one, which was free on PS+, was quite good.
  5. Resident Evil 3 Remake

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1. Resident Evil 3 - The remake of Resident Evil 2 became my surprise Game of the Year despite having never played the original. I'm hoping for similar magic to find it's way here with this being the first time I will play RE3.
2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - A deserted island simulator is my introvert dream come true.
3. Doom Eternal - The 2016 Doom is my favorite FPS of the generation. Eternal looks to raise the bar with all the new combat options too.
4. The Last of Us Part II - The original game had one of my favorite video game stories, and I am both excited and dreading what happens in Ellie's next journey.
5. Final Fantasy VII Remake - I had never completed the original FFVII, partly because I felt I showed up to the party too late on that one. I'm hoping this remake lets me experience an all-time classic like I was there from the beginning, similar to the RE2 Remake.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Here are mine:

1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - A remake of my favourite game of all time, and the game that made me discover JRPGs. This will forever hold a special place in my heart and I love that they're treating the remake with such care. I already planned to take some days off of work to be able to focus on it.
  2. The Last of Us Part II - The first game is such a wonderfully crafted story, that has some of the most well-rounded and believable characters that I've ever seen in the medium. I love the combat and the horror and the atmosphere of it. Can't wait!
  3. Nioh 2 - Nioh was my GOTY in 2017. I played over 300 hours of it by now. I usually put a game down after I've finished it but this hasn't happened yet with Nioh, even after 2 years. From time to time, if I'm not in the mood for anything special, I just boot it up and play a mission or two.
  4. Ghost of Tsushima - This game looks incredible and I'm a huge fan of Kurosawa films. I cannot wait to lose myself in that world.
  5. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Yakuza games are wonderful, funny and dramatic all at the same time. I'm very much looking forward to see what the shift in gameplay and direction brings to the series.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
  1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - has been one of my most wanted Switch game since the console was revealed. And it looks sooo damn good !
  2. Resident Evil 3 - RE2 was just so damn good. Capcom Division 1 is on a roll right now. And Jill is my favorite RE protag. I can't wait.
  3. Cyberpunk 2077 - love the aesthetic, love the "TES/Fallout" feeling of the open world RPG in first person. Just sad I can't play a Cyberpunk cop, but still so excited to enter that world. Hope it's more role playing that it seems so far. Not too much scripted/cinematic.
  4. Final Fantasy 7 Remake - Midgard is BY FAR my favorite part of the original game. And the remake just seems so damn fun. I'm so in, even if I'm not a fan of FF7 at all (never finished it. But I do love the whole Midgard part)
  5. Marvel's Avengers - big comic book fan, personally I'm so in for this game. Don't see what people find mediocre in what we've seen so far. Wreck some shit as the Avengers. Seems hella fun.
  6. Deadly Premonition 2 - Sequel to Swery's best game. Never thought it would actually happen. So hype.
  7. No More Heroes 3 - this one is below DP2 just because we all knew NMH3 would happen at some point. But still super hype ! Suda51 seems to want this one to be ambitious.
  8. Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers - love licenced musou, love Persona 5 to death, and this one seems really unique and ambitious. More like an actual action RPG, with even the social elements of Persona !
  9. Persona 5: Royal - a bit disappointed by the lack of new content in the "base game" but I'm in for more Persona, and I'm in for 2 or 3 new dates with Makoto.
  10. Doom Eternal - the first one was just so damn good and fun. I'm ready to go bat shit once again.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
1. Cyberpunk 2077 - I'm not a tabletop role-player but I've had this universe in the back of my head ever since the original Netrunner release in the 90's (which I paid attention to because as a kid, I was into M:TG.) I'm very eager to see how this turns out and, speaking as someone who didn't start Witcher III until 2018, even if the combat is as "bad" as that game, I don't care because it's not really what I'm coming to the game for.

2. Get In The Car, Loser! - Christine Love's other games have been some of the best-written things I've played; she is able to hop from amusing and flirtatious to chillingly dark in a way that should make other games extremely jealous. This game is looking like Valkyrie Profile x FFXV x fantastic pixel art x her awesome writing and I could not be more on board for it.

3. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Believe it or not, the series didn't really grab me until New Leaf, but I'm very much looking forward to losing myself in this world for quite a while.

4. Final Fantasy VII Remake - I tried very hard to not let myself get excited for the game until it finally looked like it was coming out soon, but now that we are approaching it's time to let the hype wash over me. This looks brilliant and I'm a fan of how SE is kind of treating it as a different game, not something that replaces the original FFVII. Going to be really interesting to see how they handle the ending given the way it's broken into parts.

5. Moon: Remix RPG Adventure

6. Yakuza: Like A Dragon

7. Ghost of Tsushima

8. UFO 50

9. Bravely Default II

10. Resident Evil 3

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
header.jpg

1. Resident Evil 3 - RE has been my favorite series for many years, but RE3 is a game that I've barely played because of it's old age. Given how much I loved the remake of RE2 and RE7 I have no doubt that I'll love RE3 just as much. Besides, Jill is so cool and criminally underused for being one of the series biggest S.T.A.R.S.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - Will probably have the coolest setting of 2020. Going by the Witcher 3 I'm hoping for a nice story as well. I have avoided trailers so I'm kinda going in blind. Might disappoint or delight, but damn if I'm not excited.
  3. The Last of Us Part II - The first game is so special and gripping. I really hope that it's sequel will live up to the first game.
  4. Gods and Monsters - Besides not having seen anything from this game I have some faith that it might prove to be good. I like greek mythology so it's right up my alley.
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - I really liked this game but sadly quit playing before I could finish the story. This is a brilliant time to replay it, since I don't own a Wii anymore.

Last edited:

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Reaaally tough year, I imagine I will change this list quite a bit before voting closes.

1. Cyberpunk 2077 - This is looking like a game that will scratch so many of my itches. A big city open-world GTA-like, immersive sim vibes on the gameplay and the rich story and lore focus also present in Witcher 3 is what I'm expecting from Cyberpunk.
  2. The Last of Us Part II - The original is amongst my all-time favorites, and for a while I thought it didnt need a sequel, but seeing in action for the last-couple of years, changed my mind. While still cinematic heavy, ND seems to be leaning more and more into systemic and open-ended gameplay and that's something that pleases me a lot.
  3. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Blind forest is an amazing game with its fun and challenging platforming, beautiful art direction and moving story. The combat kinda sucked though, and from what I've played at trade shows, Will of the Wisps is a massive improvement on that front. Also seems to dig deeper into metroidvania tropes too, and that makes me very excited for this sequel.
  4. DOOM Eternal - 2016's DOOM was a thrilling, joyful ride and just more of that would make me satisfied, but Eternal seems to have even more focus on fast movement and traversal, something I absolutely love in games.
  5. Ghost of Tsushima - There's a lot that I still want to learn in terms of game structure and about how free-from the gameplay will be, but the direction of this game is something I'm fully sold on. Those Kurosawa vibes in the imagery and the Shadow of the Colossus similarity of horse riding are really striking to me. I'm fairly confident in Sucker Punch in terms of gameplay, since their games are usually really fun to play, so to see a bigger focus on areas I wouldnt necessarily associate with them, is making me hopeful this could end up their best game to date.
  6. Resident Evil 3 - Never played the original for more than a couple of hours but seeing how I was on the same page for 2, and ended up loving that game, I'm excited for the follow-up.
  7. Sports Story - I love Golf Story, and since playing it I was really hoping they would move to another sport after, and they are seemingly doing something even better by bringing a bunch sports into the mix at once.
  8. Tell Me Why - After Life is Strange 2, I fully trust Dontnod for narrative branching based games, especially ones touching tough, but extremely important themes.
  9. Psychonauts 2 - I love the first game and this looks a great follow-up. Also, we dont get enough 3D platformes these days.
  10. Final Fantasy VII Remake - While having played almost all of it as a kid, I was never huge on the original, but always loved the idea of a remake since the PS3 tech demo days. We'll see how making it a multiple part release will work, but its looking really good so far.

FallenChief

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Halo Infinite: A new Halo at a new Xbox console launch. When did that last happen? Day 1.​
  2. Cyberbunk 2077: Witcher 3 was my GOTG so I am mildly excited for it.​
God of War sequel would be on the list but I don't think it's 2020.

Last edited:

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
  1. The Last of Us Part II - Despite the lack of multiplayer (at least at launch), it's the sequel to my favourite game of all time. Naughty Dog have never let me down, so fingers crossed.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - I want more Deus Ex. We're not getting any more Deus Ex in the near future. But this could be the next best thing, and perhaps even surpass it if the side quests are strong enough.
  3. Watch Dogs Legion - I've been waiting a long, long time for another open world in modern London and WD2 caught me massively off-guard in a positive way. Legion's presentation at E3 probably made it my game of the show.
  4. Ghost of Tsushima - I don't consider Sucker Punch to be along Sony's first party elite but this is their big chance.
  5. Marvel's Avengers - I have my reservations but really hope it's good. I enjoyed what I played of it and if anything is going to get me on board with a loot filled GAAS, it's probably Marvel IP.
  6. Planet Coaster: Console Edition - Not sure how much/how little DLC is coming, but I finally get to play it on console. Rollercoaster Tycoon games are some of my all time favourites.
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator - Only ever played Flight SImulator 98, but had a fun time with a joystick. New one looks amazing graphically and with it on Gamepass day one, I don't even have to think twice.
  8. Two Point Hospital - Like Planet Coaster, I get it to experience from the couch on console.
  9. Moving Out - Been looking for another title to play with my sister to scratch the co-op itch after Overcooked 2. There's Tools Up, Catastronauts which have received mixed reviews, so hopefully this is a winner.
  10. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Not a fan of turn based combat, but if the trademark Yakuza humour and story are there, I'll most certainly play this.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - As a fan of all things cyberpunk (including the new game and the tabletop) I feel this can be one of the greatest games in the genre.
  2. Half Life: Alyx - New Half Life! I bought a Valve Index for it, it better be damn good.
  3. No More Heroes 3 - Suda can't make bad games. The new trailer has made me hyped for it.
  4. Microsoft Flight Simulator - Looks so damn good, and with the Index, I hope I can fly wherever immersed into it.
  5. Watch Dogs: Legion - I am one of the few that loves the second game. I like the themes, and the NPC recruiting aspect of it looks pretty interesting.
  6. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - More Ori is always a good thing. Loved the first one.
  7. Halo Infinite - More Halo. I like the series, so I hope it is a good game.
  8. Sports Story - Loved Golf Story, hope this one is as funny as the first one.
  9. Doom Eternal - I liked the 2016 one enough, but it seems they've made changed that I hope make a better game.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
  1. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition - This game is a dream come true, much like Luigi's Mansion 3 this is a game I speculated about back in 2016 when Switch wasn't announced and people asked what was our dream game for the NX, I can't believe they did this before making an X port or moving to a new game after the success of Xenoblade 2, EASILY my most anticipated game of 2020.
  2. No More Heroes 3
  3. Bravely Default II
  4. Trials of Mana
  5. Doom Eternal
  6. Yakuza: Like a Dragon
  7. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  8. Watch Dogs Legion
  9. Axiom Verge 2
  10. Sports Story

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - My favourite game from my favourite series being reimagined and expanded upon would be exciting in its own right. But everything we've seen so far looks so perfect, from the combat, to the visuals, to the growth system and world design, that this game easily sits at the top as my most anticipated title for many years.
  • RESIDENT EVIL 3 - I only got into Resident Evil I think last year, and I just finished the sublime Resident Evil 2 Remake this weekend, so R3MAKE comes at a perfect time in my life. Resident Evil 3 is also one of those games I bought and played as a kid, but never gave it a proper chance. So I'm looking forward to finally completing this!
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - The Witcher 3 is my game of the generation, and Cyberpunk one of my favourite visual styles. So this game has all the makings of my favourite ever game. The only thing holding this back for me is the fact that it is a first person game.
  • BRAVELY DEFAULT II - Well this was a surprise! So little was shown of this game, but the original Bravely Default was a fun, beautiful, character led PS1 era style RPG in a time when Square Enix weren't making these kinds of games. I'm very excited for what the sequel will bring.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - This is another one of my guilty little secrets. I never finished the original Xenoblade, so I'm excited to go back and finally tick this one off. I did enjoy Xenoblade 2, despite its flaws, so I'm sure XC1 will be great.
  • LEGO STAR WARS: The Skywalker Saga - The one that started it all! I haven't played a Lego game since the Lego Star Wars games, and the multitude of characters you could collect were always a big bonus for me. So I've been holding out for some kind of remaster for a while. I was not expecting a full reimagining, and that's even more exciting.

DNgamers

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
1. Spelunky 2 - I'm excited how deep this one is going to be and I'll be able to discover secrets with everyone else. I played the first one long after release and by then I think it got gutted in that sense, haha.

I'm digging skimming the thread to discover new stuff via people's lists.
Same here! Personally I've come to the conclusion that there is just a single game I'm looking forward to right now that has a set release date/year. ;_; Otherwise my list would be huge. :D

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Tentative list:

Doom Eternal
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Resident Evil 3
Cyberpunk 2077
Halo Infinite
Battletoads
Yakuza 0 (Xbox version)
Minecraft Dungeons
Marvel's Avengers
Psychonauts 2

Will go back and fix the list later.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
  1. Crusader Kings III - CK2 was an incredible game, and I'd love to see Paradox improve on it. Sadly, their latest output hasn't been all that great, and even if the game is good it'll probably need a bunch of expansions to really be worth playing instead of its predecessor.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - The Witcher 3 was great, and this looks to be similar but with a setting much more to my liking.
  3. The Settlers - There's probably a 90% chance that this will completely suck. But the last Anno was good, so there's at least some hope for Settlers actually coming back as a good game.
  4. Kerbal Space Program 2 - 2020 seems a bit soon for something we don't know much about, but the original KSP was incredible, and I'd like to see where it goes
  5. Temtem - So basically Pokemon, but with a singleplayer campaign that supposedly isn't super easy, as well as modern multiplayer features.
  6. Langrisser I & II - Growlanser is one of my favorite SRPGs, but I've never put a lot of time into Langrisser because there wasn't really a great way to play it. Hopefully this release will be better than the last modern "Langrisser" game.
  7. Legends of Runeterra - I've been trying to find a good online card game for ages now, but nothing's quite clicked yet. Hopefully this one works out.
  8. Genshin Impact - This looks great visually, and Honkai Impact was very well made for a phone game.
  9. Rune Factory 5 - I loved some of the previous Rune Factory games, so I'm looking forward to this, even if it's hard to be excited when we only have a name. Plus it'll have to do a lot if it wants to beat Stardew Valley.

CosmicBolt

Self-Requested Ban
Oct 28, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 3- Resident evil is my favorite game series and RE 2 remake was the best game I played this generation. So I have super high confidence in RE 3 remake.
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake- Looks really good, excited to play.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  1. No More Heroes 3 : it's the game we've been waiting for over a decade now. Suda is back on business and after the excellent but lower scale Travis Strikes Again, I'm ecstatic over the possibilities that NMH3 will bring. And the last trailer from the TGA only fueled this hype.
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. Resident Evil 3
  4. Bravely Default II
  5. One Piece Pirate Warriors 4
  6. Sports Story
  7. Trials of Mana
  8. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
  9. Streets of Rage 4
  10. Cyberpunk 2077

May 10, 2019
  1. Sports Story - Since I finished Golf Story I've been anticipating a new Sidebar title every Direct, so to get one with the last Inde World was pretty much the best thing ever for me.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - Been waiting for a great high quality RPG in this setting since 2013 (and honestly hoping this is successful enough to facilitate new AAA Shadowrun and Deus Ex games).
  3. King's Bounty 2 - I've spent more hours in the King's Bounty reboot franchise than any other in the last 20 years. So this is my most anticipated SRPG since Age of Wonders 3.
  4. Spiritfarer - I already liked the look from the trailers, but the demo last week instantly sold me.
  5. Final Fantasy VII Remake - Look, FF7 is super low in my Final Fantasy rankings, I haven't even had the patience to play through the original in 15 years. But for some reason, this new engine and presentation is super compelling to me. I don't even care that the game is broken up, since it looks like a lot more of Midgar is exploraable and interactive.
  6. Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - Glad they pushed it back, hoping it's as deep as the first Bloodlines
  7. Axiom Verge 2 - shocked that this one got announced, Axiom Verge was one of my favorites of the last 10 years and this looks like an improvement in every way
  8. Yakuza: Like A Dragon - always down for more RGG Studios games, even with the JRPG combat twist
  9. Sable - the art for this looked stunning, even from the first trailer. Ready for more.
  10. Deadly Premonition 2 - I'm not gonna not put a new SWERY game on my list, especially the sequel to the best one, and one that formally makes the connection to D4? Yeah I'm incredibly in.

Honorable mentions: Get In The Car Loser!, Bravely Default II, Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Spelunky 2, Moon: Remix RPG Adventure, Watch_Dogs Legion, Yomi wo Saku Hana (if it gets localized)

Disqualified (so far): Baldur's Gate 3, Breath Of The Wild 2, FAITH - The Unholy Trinity, Breathedge 1.0, Low Magic Age 1.0, An Airport For Aliens Run Entirely By Dogs!, Noita 1.0, Caves of Qud 1.0, My Summer Car 1.0

Colony Ship - The next RPG from the maker of Age of Decadence, now in my favorite settings, sci-fi. GOTY contender.
WTF I DID NOT KNOW THERE WAS GOING TO BE AGE OF DECADENCE IN SPACE

Last edited:

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - I love the setting and CDProjekt has made great RPGs with the Witcher games. I'm really excited to play it, and then to replay it to see the (I hope) lot of options, choices and possibilities the game has to offer.
  2. Resident Evil 3 - Never played the original, but I love all the Resident Evil games I've played, and RE2 Remake was really great, so I look forward to this one.
  3. Ghost of Tsushima - Even if we had several games in feudal Japan (Nioh, Sekiro...), I have never enough of those as I like this setting a lot. And Sucker Punch never disappointed me before, so I'm confident I will like this game.
  4. Final Fantasy VII Remake - I'm not a big fan of JRPG, but I like some. Never played the original but always wanted to try it due to its cult classic status. With this remake I can finally try it, with beautiful graphics and a combat system that I like better than turn based combat.
  5. The Last of Us II - Really loved the first, especially the story and the characters. I hope this one is, at least, as good as the first one.
  6. Marvel's Avengers - I love superheroes movies and this past years superheroes games too. Hope this game is the same quality as the Batman Games or Spider-Man.
I put only six games because I can't think of others right now (except games that doesn't have been announced or doesn't have an official date like Demon's Souls Remake, Elden Ring or Assassin's Creed Ragnarok).

SaltyDuck

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
  1. The Last of Us Part II - The first one is in my top 3 of all-time games, so of course I'm excited as hell for the sequel. I have the utmost trust in ND to (again) make one of the greatest games of the generation right before the advent of new consoles.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - Wasn't as impressed with The Witcher 3 as others may have been, but this being a first-person rpg, and also in a (obviously) cyberpunk setting, one of my favorite settings, I'm eagerly but also cautiously awaiting this game.
  3. Ghost of Tsushima
  4. Nioh 2
  5. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  6. Dying Light 2
  7. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
  8. Watch Dogs Legion
  9. Doom Eternal
  10. Yakuza: Like A Dragon

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
  1. World of Warcraft: Shadowlands - The real refresh we've been waiting for for one of the greatest games of all time. A very promising new world to explore, an intriguing story premise that isn't just "faction war" for the twelfth time, some great overhauls planned, and art direction that looks as on point as ever. Can't wait. A WoW expansion always tops my list.
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake - Maybe the most requested pipe dream of a game of all time. I still can't believe it's real some days. As someone else put it in another thread on Era, this game reeks of confidence already. It feels so strong just in previews.
  3. The Last of Us Part II
  4. Resident Evil 3
  5. Cyberpunk 2077
  6. Doom Eternal
  7. Half-Life: Alyx
  8. Ghost of Tsushima
  9. Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
  10. Trials of Mana

Nov 23, 2017
  1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - The most anticipated game in the history of my life. I have wanted this for over 15 years. I believed in these characters, this world, and the creative vision behind them. Now we get to see them fully fleshed out. I'm so beyond in and I don't see a way out. No other game on this list compares for me right now.
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - I'm excited to play this series on a console again. It'll have to wait until I'm done with Game #1 though.
  3. Ghost of Tsushima - This game looks like a fully openly world and mastered Bushido Blade game on a 3D plane and I'm jackeeeed up for this.
  4. Phantasy Star Online 2 - I've been wanting to revisit this franchise for years. I wanted an HD Remaster of the original but this will do just fine.
  5. Kingdom Hearts III ReMind DLC - Getting those FF characters finally along with some nice updates and updated story bits. Very excited.
I'm not doing a 6-10. I'm just not hyped enough about other games.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
  1. Ghost of Tsushima - Very evocative of Kurosawa. A rare samurai game that isn't balls deep in the supernatural. Looks gorgeous.
  2. The Last of Us Part II - Looks like pure miserablism.
  3. Final Fantasy VII Remake - The original is my favourite game of all time and this won't be anywhere near as good.
  4. Dreams - It'll be one of the highest-rated games of this generation and no one gives a shit.
  5. Sable - Yo Japanese Breakfast, can I pleeease get the full fuckin' version of this song already?
  6. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Now you all know how I feel when a franchise I love deserts turn-based combat and opts for real-time.
  7. Project Sakura Wars - I'm just in it for the filth and Kouhei Tanaka soundtrack.
  8. Nioh 2 - Hurt me daddy.
  9. Resident Evil 3 - A remake of an inconsequential game sandwiched between the two installments that are generally regarded as the peak of survival horror. I hope Capcom are prepared for weaker sales compared to REmake 2.
  10. Genshin Impact - When unapologetic Chinese plagiarism goes dreadfully right.

Oct 27, 2017
1. Creaks - anything Amanita Design will always end up in my lists. This one seems to be more of a puzzle game compared to their previous titles with an art style reminiscent of their title Machinarium.
2. Psychonauts 2 - just like with Amanita, Double Fine games always and what a better game to end up in this list than the sequel to the game that started it all for DF.
3. Papetura - adventure game made primarily out of paper. Shouldnt be a surprise that this ended up in my list following the first and 2nd games in my list.
4. Deadly Premonition 2
5. No More Heroes 3
6. Phonopolis
7. The Good Life

Last edited:

KvotheStrife

May 29, 2018
1. FFVII REMAKE - This is my all time favorite game seeing what they have done in this remake takes me all the way back to '99 when I first played It, everything so far looks awesome really looking forward to this one.
2. The Last of Us Part II - the first one blew me away with the storytelling ando visuals Im expecting this one to do the dame.
3. Resident Evil 3 - I love this game between this and FFVII I feel like in high school again
4. Ghost of Tsushima.
5. Godfall
- interesting to see how It plays, hope its multiplayer

Edit: Forgot RE3

Last edited:

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - CDPR finally having some decent gameplay alongside an interesting setting and hopefully a good main story would be a dream come true
  2. The Last of Us: Part 2 - More gritty and dark tlou is exactly what I wanted from the sequel and I'm happy they're going this direction.
  3. Doom Internal - mindless fun killing demons. After the 2016 reboot, Doom is right now most fun FPS in the market by a large margin
  4. Ghost of Tsushima - The art looks insanely beautiful. As long as the gameplay is fun as with SP games usually, this should be a fun ride
  5. Final Fantasy 7 Remake - All the praise about the game plus looking like THAT? sign me up.
  6. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - The first Ori was pretty good, and this looks like another fantastic game.
  7. Yakuza: Like a dragon - Can never say no to more Yakuza.
  8. Halo Infinite - High hopes for this. 343 already showed they can make good mp, this's the time to nail the SP and get the series back on track.
  9. Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 - heard some really good things about the first one and looked it up on youtube. Yep, I need this.
  10. Nioh 2 - Really loved the first one, but this feels more of the same. If it wasn't, it'd have been way higher on this list

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
  1. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - This is my #1 and it's not even close. The first Ori was one of my favorite games of the decade, and this one looks to be even better.
  2. Axiom Verge 2 - This was a surprise. I loved the first one, and I wanted more.
  3. Cyberpunk 2077 - I probably won't play this, but I love the concept of it and I'm excited to see what it's all about.
  4. Tales of Arise - This looks like a Tales game I might actually play. I have liked what's been shown so far.
  5. Skatebird - This game looks hilarious.
  6. SuperMash - The game that makes games. This looks like a blast.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
  1. Xenoblade Chronicles DE: I love this game, excited to be able to replay it with the flexibility of the Switch and experience the new content.
  2. Bravely Default II: I loved the first game and while I couldn't get far in Second, mostly due to hardware fatigue, I'm hopeful this game will be just as fun.
  3. Resident Evil 3: while RE2 is one of the first games I remember having experienced as a kid, I don't think I've ever even seen much of RE3. Jill is the best, and they're seemingly expanding the story like with RE2, so it should be a good time.
  4. Final Fantasy VIIR: I'm playing the original for the first time, while I haven't beat it, it looks like this first part will only cover Midgar so I'll still be able to compare it to that section of the game.
  5. Ghost of Tsushima: looks like a kickass action game and visually stunning too.
My actual most wanted game is BotW2 but it's ineligible.

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
  1. The Last of Us Part 2
  2. Ghost of Tsushima
  3. Cyberpunk 2077
  4. Streets of Rage 4
  5. Dreams
  6. Watch Dogs Legion
  7. Dying Light 2

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
1. Half-Life: Alyx - Hard to pick between this and TLOU2 for top pick, but the long wait for a new Half-Life gives it the edge. I didn't buy VR for this game last month, but it sure was a nice surprise for my new piece of tech.
2. The Last of Us: Part II - The first game is among the GOATs, so of course the sequel is on the list.
3. Dreams - This one is so anticipated that I've already bought it and dumped hours and hours into it. Speaks to how packed with games 2020 is that this isn't my top pick.
4. Psychonauts 2 - This is my last certain day-one buy of the list. Didn't have a ton of hype for this until the first trailer gameplay showcase showed up. Just seeing Raz in gorgeous HD has me hyped to see that world again.
5. Cyberpunk 2077 - This might be higher if I didn't still have Witcher 3 in the backlog. Like, I haven't even started yet in the backlog...
6. Sable - I may hate the gameplay loop of the game--no clue--but the art style is too stunningly gorgeous for me not to have it high on the list of games I'm anticipating.
7. Halo Infinite
8. No More Heroes 3
9. Ghost of Tsushima
10. Griftlands

Tali'Zorah

Oct 27, 2017
Norfolk, UK
  1. Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise - This is a game I never expected to even exist. The original Deadly Premonition is one of my all-time favourite games, the closest a game has ever got to matching the feel of Twin Peaks and a true masterpiece in spite of its flaws. To get a sequel that looks to have matched the atmosphere of the original is truly something special
  2. Resident Evil 3 - Last year's Resident Evil 2 was a fantastic modernisation of the original and if the trailer is anything to go by this remake should do the same for Resident Evil 3. After some years of... subpar Resident Evil games, in recent years RE has had a fantastic comeback and this game looks set to continue that trend.
  3. The Last of Us Part II - By now I think everyone understands that The Last of Us is an incredible game, definitely one of the best the decade has had so far. Naughty Dog have proven time and again their quality as a developer so even though I'm a little hesitant as to whether they'll be able to recapture the magic of the first game, I have no doubts that this sequel will at the very least be a wonderful game in its own right
  4. Ghost of Tsushima
  5. Cyberpunk 2077
  6. Halo Infinite
  7. Persona 5 Royal
  8. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  9. Watch Dogs Legion
  10. Yakuza Remastered Collection

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Elden Ring -I believe this will be out next year. Another From classic incoming. They are the best in the biz.
  2. The Last of Us Part II - The sequel to one of the best games ever made.
  3. Hollow Knight Silksong - Expectations are sky high, rightfully so.
  4. Nioh 2 - First game was incredible. This will be no different.
  5. Resident Evil 3 -
  6. Disco Elysium - Can't wait to play this on console.
  7. CyberPunk 2077 -
  8. Doom Eternal -
  9. Ghost of Tsushima -
  10. Zombie Army 4: Dead War -

Last edited:

karloxz

May 22, 2018
  1. The Last of Us Part II: First game is the game of my life, so I can´t wait for the sequel.
  2. Ghost of Tsushima: TGA trailer was awesome + open world + samurais = one of my most anticipated games.
  3. Resident Evil 3 Remake: REmake 2 was an incredible remake and Resident Evil is a saga that I love.
  4. Final Fantasy VII Remake: I never played the original game, but I am excited for this one.
  5. Dragon Ball Z Kakarot: It´s easy, it is Dragn Ball :D