• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
2020_Voting_Banner.png

It's that time again! What games are you looking forward to most in 2020?

RULES
  • Try to use the official name of a game. I'll still be counting votes that don't do this, but it just makes things so much easier for me if you do it right. Wikipedia is a great resource to figuring out the official title.
  • Please follow the sample ballot posted below. Use of images are allowed, and even encouraged, as long as you follow the proper formatting. List games using their full titles. You can list up to 10 games, numbering them from 1 to 10. Use the list function, bold the title of the game, and separate game title and your comment with anything (hyphen, semicolon, whatever). Formatting help is posted below so please check it out!
  • Make sure at least one game on your ballot includes a comment. As per the forum rules, list threads are not allowed, and any ballot that is a pure list will be discarded.
  • Do not reserve a post. There is no rush to be on the first page, post when you're actually ready. Any posts like this will be reported.
  • Games from any region are eligible. This means region exclusive games or late localizations to a new region are allowed.
  • Ports of older games to a new system are eligible. Remakes, remasters, straight ports, they're all good.
  • Expansions are allowed. This is a change from previous years, so if there's some meaty DLC you're looking forward to, feel free to add it to your list.
  • Only games confirmed or estimated for a 2020 release are eligible. Things listed as "February 2020," "Summer 2020," or even just a "TBA 2020" is fair game. Anything without a confirmed year cannot be on your list. Wikipedia's list of 2020 games is a good resource, but go ahead and shoot me a PM or ask in the thread if you're not sure. See below for details.
  • Editing your post is allowed anytime up until the deadline. This includes editing your post to add new games announced after this thread goes up.
  • Don't be afraid to post content in this thread besides your actual ballot! Discuss other people's votes, ask questions, whatever. Having actual discussion in this thread would be great. Just be civil, this is all for fun!
Voting Ends: Monday, January 1st at 8:59pm PST / 11:59pm EST. No exceptions.

INELIGIBLE GAMES

• Demos
  • Games that do not have a confirmed or estimated 2020 release; e.g. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel, Everwild, Elden Ring, Dragon Age 4.
  • Games that have not been officially announced; e.g. Bloodborne II, Batman Arkham Legacy, Harry Potter, Super Mario Odyssey 2.
SAMPLE BALLOT

Ready to vote? Get started quickly by copying and pasting the ballot below into your reply. To ensure the parser correctly tabulates your ballot, please follow this format as closely as possible. Don't actually post "Game A" or "Your thoughts on Game A," etc. Remember, you must have at least one comment on your ballot or it may not be counted.

Ballot Guidelines:
  • Lists must be created using the ordered list option in RTF OR using "list=1" if using BBCode editor.
  • The game title must be bolded.
  • You can use anything to break between a bolded game title and your comment. Hyphens, semi-colons, colons, etc.
  • At least one game needs a comment!
foridiots3.png

1. Game A - Your thoughts on Game A.
  2. Game B - Your thoughts on Game B.
  3. Game C - Your thoughts on Game C.
  4. Game D - Your thoughts on Game D.
  5. Game E - Your thoughts on Game E.
  6. Game F - Your thoughts on Game F.
  7. Game G - Your thoughts on Game G.
  8. Game H - Your thoughts on Game H.
  9. Game I - Your thoughts on Game I.
  10. Game J - Your thoughts on Game J.

BALLOT SCORING
  1. Game A - 4 points
  2. Game B - 3 points
  3. Game C - 3 points
  4. Game D - 2 points
  5. Game E - 2 points
  6. Game F - 2 points
  7. Game G - 1 point
  8. Game H - 1 point
  9. Game I - 1 point
  10. Game J - 1 point
Archive

That's all folks~

t1577941200z1.png

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Wait. So if a game doesn't have a specific date then it can't be picked? 'Cause Watch Dogs: Legion is confirmed 2020, it just doesn't have a date right now. I'm asking 'cause this technically disqualifies a lot of games, right?

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Wait. So if a game doesn't have a specific date then it can't be picked? 'Cause Watch Dogs: Legion is confirmed 2020, it just doesn't have a date right now. I'm asking 'cause this technically disqualifies a lot of games, right?
Games need a confirmed 2020. Watch Dogs technically doesn't count because it's supposed to come out by March 31st, 2021.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I assume Elden Ring and Hollow Knight Silksong aren't eligible since there's no official info that they are planned for 2020, right?

Edit: only noticed now ER is mentioned in the OP, rip

Last edited:

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Is it? I can remove that from the ineligible list, I just couldn't find proof of this. AFAIK Ubisoft delayed it to next FY ending March 31st. But I can fix that right up.
Yeah, direct quote:
Originally meant to release in March 2020, Legion is now set for release between July and December 2020 to give the team ""more development time to ensure that their respective innovations are perfectly implemented so as to deliver optimal experiences for players".

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Half Life Alyx - Just got PCVR, excited to see what Valve can do with the medium, and with a return to single player games.
  2. Animal Crossing New Horizons - It's more animal crossing! With some survivally changes, could be great.
  3. Halo Infinite - I love Halo, and I think 343 will finally nail it with this one. They made fantastic MP in 5, but need to do the same for the SP.
  4. Doom Eternal: Doom 2016 was Metal as Hell and I want more of that.
  5. Ghost of Tsushima - Sucker Punch is a solid dev, this could go either way for me.
  6. Final Fantasy 7 Remake- I never played FF7, not a big JRPG guy, but this remake looks fantastic.
  7. Spelunky 2 - The first is a masterclass platformer roguelite, excited to see how the sequel is.
  8. UFO 50- A collection of 50 retro style games by some really solid devs, sign me up.
  9. Dying Light 2 - The first surprised me, one of the best zombie games I've played.
  10. Cyberpunk 2077 - I want to see if it can live up to the endless hype. I like cyberpunk as a theme.

Last edited:

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Ghost of Tsushima - The only announced game I'm really looking forward to in 2020. I love Sucker Punch, and to see them go in this far more ambitious direction is extremely exciting. The game looks absolutely amazing visually and hearing that they're being inspired by Usagi Yojimbo is music to my ears.

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Doom Eternal - Very sad this got delayed to 2020. Looking forward to it.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077
  3. Kerbal Space Program 2
  4. Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3
  5. Yakuza: Like a Dragon
  6. Crusader Kings III
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
>tfw the only games I'm really hyped for this year are Elden Ring, BotW2, and Silksong

Uhh... I guess there's always... Animal Crossing?

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
1. Halo Infinite- Halo is by far my favorite game series of all time. This decade has been.... rough to say the least. Halo 4 and 5 were mediocre games in my opinion. Sure, Halo 4 had a good story and cool ideas. But the multiplayer sucked. Halo 5 had a really solid multiplayer, but the campaign was bad and the game had very little staying power. Halo Infinite is the first time in years I've actually felt positive about the series. We don't know much yet, but I fully believe this game could be the "spiritual reboot" that the series needs. Also, it will be launching alongside Xbox Series X, and that's incredibly exciting.

2. The Last of Us: Part II- The Last of Us is one of the best games ever made, and I have full faith in ND to make a great game. I don't know if it can top the original, but I'm incredibly excited to see them try

3. Cyberpunk 2077- I didn't like The Witcher 3 that much because I kind of burnt out on the fantasy setting by the time I got to this game. I also just never connected to Geralt and always felt the game was a little bit too "floaty". But I always recognized how talented the developers were, so to have them make a game in a setting I genuinely care about and it be a first person RPG has me incredibly excited to see what this game turns out to be.

4. Dying Light II- I really like Dying Light and this looks like that game expanded. I don't have much else to say because I'm trying to go into that game without knowing much about it, but I'm excited.

5. Resident Evil 3- I loved RE2: Remake and I am solely hyped for this game based on how much I liked that game.

6. Ori and the Will of the Wisps- The game looks beautiful and I'm incredibly excited to finally play it

7. Watch Dogs Legion- The first 2 watch dogs were good not great games, but this game might finally be the one that is truly
special.

8. Animal Crossing- I haven't really played an AC since the GameCube one but everything I have seen looks good.

Dec 9, 2019
  1. Half-Life Alyx - This game is the VR USP for me. I'm really looking forward to the game and to VR experience in general.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - Never was much into cyberpunk before, but I loved The Witcher 3 so I'm expecting the same quality
  3. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - A game for eternity for me
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 - nothing to add, the first one was very good, the second one should be at least as good.
  5. Streets of Rage 4 - The very first SoR was the favorite game in my childhood. I used to launch the game, play for 15 minutes, and then go to sleep. Every day, for multiple years. SoR 4 is pure nostalgia for me, especially with Yuzo, Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima being on board.

Last edited:

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - CD Projekt Red has a huge mountain to climb when it comes to delivering on the entire industries expeditions and hype for this game but they have gotten to where they are because they've shown they are a top tier studio in this industry. The Witcher 1,2, and especially 3 are all widely regarded as excellent games and some like myself believe The Witcher 3 is the game of the decade or greatest if all time.
  2. Last of Us 2 - Naughty Dog created one of the best stories In gaming and is clear favorite in the industry for top tier studios. When you hear Naughty Dog is making it regardless of what it is you're in. I believe they made a sequel because they believe there was another chapter in the story to be told, so I'm here to see it.
  3. Ghost of Tsushima - While I haven't been particularly smitten by Sucker punches past games what I've seen of Ghosts has me intrigued, Asian culture and Japanese specifically is one of my favorite things to learn and read about so I was in from the first trailer.
  4. Halo Infinite - Whats crazy is I haven't even liked Halo in the past story wise but I believe Microsoft and 343 have this entire next generation riding on the success of this game so I just can't see a way they F this up, Im ready to be sucked in the story finally and we know the multiplayer will be good.
  5. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - This is easily a 90+ Metacritic game and those don't come around often, the art is incredible, the story tugs at your heart, and the team is talented.
  6. Persona 5 Royal - I love Persona and became a fan for life at P4 Golden so if this is anything like that I feel pretty safe saying it'll be amazing.
  7. Resident Evil 3 - This will be my first time playing it and after becoming a fan at 4 and a foe at 6 everything I've played since has been great.
  8. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - I'm a diehard Dragon Ball fan but I didn't really enjoy Xenoverse 1 or 2, and I suck at fighting games so I bought FighterZ pretty much only to show support, because I haven't been into the last few I'm a bit skeptical but just being a Dragon Ball game puts it on my list.

Not added to list because of no confirmed dates/official info yet but Im also excited for a Pokémon Platinum Remake, new Assassin's Creed, Elden Ring, Forza Motorsport 8, and hopefully the new Batman game in 2020.

Last edited:

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
  1. Halo Infinite - Despite the last 2 entries being mediocre, Halo is still Halo and Infinite looks like exactly what I wanted from Halo 6 after seeing the Halo 5 Legendary Ending
  2. Streets of Rage 4 - It's Streets of Rage 4 man
  3. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - The first game is a modern classic and the sequel looks to build on it in all the right ways. The demo I played last year at PAX Aus was amazing
  4. Cyberpunk 2077 - I've never played a Witcher game. I don't normally play RPGs. But Cyberpunk looks too good to ignore
  5. Ghost of Tsushima - The initial reveal was meh. But the Game Awards trailer has me fully on board. The Tenchu vibes were sweet
  6. The Last of Us Part 2 - Loved the first game and much like Ori, it looks like the sequel is improving on everything from the first one
  7. Marvel's Avengers - I love the MCU and the game looks great to me so far. This is also the closest I'll get to an Iron Man game

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
  1. The Last of Us Part 2 - First game is my favorite game so i'm ready for the sequel
  2. Ghost of Tsushima - Looks beautiful and love the setting
  3. Doom: Eternal - The first game was addicting and been craving some more lately
  4. Cyberpunk 2077 - Looks promising and also love the setting
  5. Resident Evil 3 - Number 2 remake was amazing and can't wait to see nemesis remade!
  6. Half Life Alyx - I probably won't get it since I don't like VR but is interesting to me!
  7. Watch Dog Legions - I liked the first two and like the idea of playing as any character
  8. Hellblade 2 - The first was great and this one looks even better!
  9. Halo 6 - I like halo and want to see how the extra time has made this halo better!
  10. Marvel Avengers - I have some interest in it and hope it's fun to play!

Dec 8, 2018
  1. Final Fantasy VII - Been wanting and dreaming of this remake since 20 years ago basically after completing the original and it opened my eyes to jrpg's. That everything showed so far is pretty much far above my expectations elevates this to the top spot.
  2. The last of us part two - While the first one did not need a sequel IMO it's still one on the best games I ever played and can't wait to see where the story goes next.
  3. DOOM Eternal - The last DOOM took me completely by surprise of how fast, aggressive and fun it was to play compared to most other shooters nowadays and can't wait for this sequel.
  4. Cyberpunk 2077 - The Witcher 3 is the best WRPG ever both in scope and story I played so high expectations for this new world to explore.
  5. Ghost of tsushima - Love the art style and the setting but would like to see some more gameplay.
  6. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Game looks amazing not much else to say.

Last edited:

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - I've missed FF in my life. FFVII isn't one of my favorites, but seeing a remake with this ambition is staggering. It's really never been done before and I'm so excited to see how Square goes about fleshing Midgar out into a full game. It already looks phenomenal.

2. Ghost of Tsushima - I like cinematic and story focused games, and Ghost looks beautiful. I think it'll be a great sendoff for the PS4. Can't wait to see more of it.

3. Cyberpunk 2077 - I've actually never played The Witcher 3, but Cyberpunk's setting is so intriguing to me. And given the pedigree CDPR has, I'm sure this will ensure the quality of the game. Grimes' TGA performance also made me excited for the music as well

4. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - I started this on Wii but haven't finished it, still trying to decide if I should wait for this. It looks beautiful and they may add some stuff.

5. The Last of Us: Part II - I actually am not as high on TLOU as other people, I still need to finish it. However this looks phenomenally better

6. Watch_Dogs: Legion - I'm kinda just interested to see how they execute the bold concept for this one.

Nintendo really loses out on these polls by not even starting to show their cards until January. Odds are they'd end up taking a lot of my slots if we knew their lineup. I'm sure BotW2 could hit next year for example.

Oct 27, 2017
For me it is:

1. Animal Crossing: New Horizon - Spent 200+ hours on NL. Can't wait. Ready to spend hundreds of hours on it.
  2. Ghost of Tsushima -I've always wanted a game set in that period and Sucker Punch makes some games I've loved.
  3. The Last of Us 2 - first game was amazing. Can't wait to see where they go with it now.
  4. Sports Story - Loved Golf Story, hopefully Sidebar games fleshes it out and makes a great sequel.
  5. Project Session- Want anything skateboarding related, sorry if this doesn't follow rules. Skater XL and skatebird are 2020 on Xbox and Switch. Session was delayed on Xbox until December but hasn't shown up yet so it's likely slipping until 2020. But Project Session is #1 of all these.
  6. Yakuza Trilogy - Absolutely love the series and haven't played 3-5. Can't wait to experience the rest of Kiryu's saga on PS4.
  7. FF7 Remake - Have fond memories of original tho I never finished it. Enjoyed FF15, so this will be a good March game.
  8. Halo Infinite - will play on an OG Xbox One Gia GP probably. Liked H5 after some updates and looking forward to a revamped Halo.
  9. Resident Evil 3- liked 2 remake. Never played original but I'm down.
  10. Watch Dogs Legion- loved gameplay of 2, wish this had Marcus but oh well. Looks like a really cool take on the formula

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 3 - The remake of RE2 is one of the best games I've played all gen. It's a sublime experience all around, and I eagerly await RE3 to be another stellar game. "Capcom is back"
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - I've been eagerly anticipating this game since the Bullets CG trailer from all those years back. Like everyone else, I have high hopes for it and want it to deliver.
  3. Final Fantasy VII Remake - I've never played the original game, but my friend acts like it changed his life after he played it. That, in addition to the game looking really great so far, makes me wanna give it a shot, and I've never been a Final Fantasy person. It helps that the game features real-time combat, and not turn-based.
  4. Yakuza: Like A Dragon - I love Yakuza, and I can't believe the surge of releases and general excitement that has followed the series since Yakuza 0 was released in 2017. Even though the game features turn-based combat instead of real-time like the other games, I'm still excited for it.
  5. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - I don't even have a Switch yet, but I may have to pick one up in time for this game. Playing City Folk all those years ago was one of my most cherished eras in gaming.
  6. The Last of Us Part II - Even if I think the first game is ridiculously overrated, TLoU 2 looks damn good.
  7. Bayonetta & Vanquish 10th Anniversary Bundle - I've put off playing these two games for almost a decade now. Will 2020 finally be the year in which I play them? Yes. Yes, the time has finally arrived. Vanquish in particular looks amazing. Big fan of TPS and fast-paced action.
  8. Ghost of Tsushima - Sucker Punch is a very talented developer. GoT looks like another hit for them.
  9. Marvel's Avengers - I'm not sure what to expect from this one, but I'm hoping for a good time.
  10. Persona 5: Royal - I have a mild interest in finally trying a Persona game, but considering P5 is said to be quite long (a length that will no doubt be extended with this re-release), I more than likely won't get to this game until much later on. I also don't like turn-based combat, of which there is a lot of in this. Nonetheless, I'm still curious about P5.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Here goes
  1. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - One of my favorite games of all time, super super excited to see it on Switch and hopefully more people will get to try it out!!
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake - Played the OG version a while ago and enjoyed it. While Midgar is my least favorite part, it does look incredible!
  3. Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers - Always love me some Persona spinoffs, and will be fun to play one on Switch. Hopefully it includes more characters tho.

Splendy

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - A game that felt impossible for most of my life. The Midgar cutoff doesn't sting nearly as bad because the game looks so good. Can't wait to finally have it in my hands.
  2. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - One of the most consistent series in gaming is taking a big risk and I'm here for it. While the traditional action gamplay has been replaced with a more RPG like battle system, the creativity that defined that action is still there in full force. Can't wait to explore the new locations with my crew and get into random encounters.
  3. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - The real world sucks, but Animal Crossing is the exact kind of escapism that makes you feel good while making you want to make your actual reality better. An Island getaway I am especially excited since I have gained so many friends who I can share Animal Crossing with since New Leaf came out.
  4. The Last of Us Part II - Part II implies a continuation I never expected we would get from The Last of Us. While I love the ending of the first game very much, I have faith in the team at Naughty Dog to take me on Ellie's journey, and look forward to returning to that world.
  5. Spiritfarer - Ever since E3 2019 I can't get Spiritfarer out of my head, it's a game that feels built for me to enjoy and prioritizes many of the parts of gaming that I prioritize. Hope it makes 2020, but the demo from TGAs gives me hope.
  6. Eastward - A game that at first glance carries the identity of both Last of Us and Earthbound, Eastward is another indie game I can't help but imagine is designed with me specifically in mind, and I can't wait.
  7. Cyberpunk 2077 - The Witcher 3 is a game I respected as much as I enjoyed, but i find the world of Cyberpunk so engaging that I can't help but be excited. The worldbuilding I expect to layer on as the game goes on and create one of my favorite places to explore in gaming in 2020.
  8. Doom Eternal - This feels like kind of sequel I wish games got more often. It is not attempting to reinvent the wheel but instead bursting forth with so many different ways to add on top of the core gunplay and movement that we enjoyed so much that it feels like a sure-fire bet that you will have a good time with Doom Eternal.
  9. Sports Story - Golf Story was one of my biggest surprises of 2017 and Sports Story takes it's ideas to it's logical extremes. Looks like its going to be as funny and charming as the first and that's all I can ask for.
  10. Ori and The Will of The Wisps - One of the prettiest platformers to come this gen, and a sequel to one of the most underrated exclusives of the last 5 years, Ori 2 is a game where I wanna turn the lights off when I play and just get sucked into the mysterious world it presents me.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm only gonna do a top 1 list.

1. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

As a DragonBall Z fan, we finally get an action RPG that includes ALL the sagas.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I thought 2019 was actually a pretty great year, but god damn next year looks wonderful. Tons of miraculous games that I just cannot believe are actually happening. Sequels to Deadly Premonition, Psychonauts, No More Heroes, Half-Life, VtM Bloodlines and more. Another year of dreams in my opinion.

1. Yakuza Like a Dragon - One of my favorite franchisees in gaming is having a dramatic shift in gameplay, a reboot with a new lead and cast of characters as well as what looks to be an even wilder tone. I'm not even a huge JRPG person, but this looks tremendous. It's fun, wacky, and full of heart as usual for the RGGS folks. I can't wait to be there for it.
    yakuza-7-main-image.jpg
  2. Deadly Premonition 2 - The first Deadly Premonition is usually my go to answer for the favorite game of all time question. Since its release, Swery has continued to release bangers with D4 and The Missing. I have very high hopes for this project.
    80C2981F-0220-44FA-BAE4-A8B07BDD1678-e1567650768980.jpeg
  3. Psychonauts 2 - I'm pretty nostalgic about Psychonauts 1 and I've been following this game's development for a while, one of the few Kickstarters that I backed. I love the tone and charm to the series and I've got faith that Double Fine will knock it out of the park.
    threadheader41pe8.png
  4. Kentucky Route Zero - Only just played the first four acts in 2019, though they quickly became some of my favorite experiences in the medium. I love every little interlude and additional tidbit that's been released and I'm extremely happy to be on time for the conclusion.
    looking-forward-kentucky-route-zero-1024x576.jpg
  5. No More Heroes III - This is a real thing that's happening next year, like actually a new mainline NMH game, with a explorable city and awesome looking bosses. I personally enjoyed Travis Strikes Again, it was great to see Suda back as a director, can't wait to see what he's got cooking for this.
    D8yyuXDV4AEnKK2
  6. Half-Life: Alyx
  7. Moon: Remix RPG Adventure - Always wanted to play this, pretty astonished that I'll be getting the chance next year.
    dims
  8. Way to the Woods
  9. Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
  10. Resident Evil 3

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Elden Ring - From games lead by Miyazaki have been nothing but quality for over a decade and I can't get enough.
  2. Final Fantasy 7 Remake - I'm desperate to love a mainline, single-player Final Fantasy again (I haven't for 18 years).
  3. Tales of Arise - Berseria rekindled my love for the franchise (as has going back through every single release in it).
  4. Digimon Survive - This is something of a dream game for me - a Digimon SRPG with awesome art, made by former Flight-Plan devs. Rad!
  5. Resident Evil 3 Remake - The previous remake was sick (that said, this is a little lower because I'm worried by the turnaround / not being 100% in-house).
  6. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - The demo was pretty fab, and I'm ready to go back to mainline Yakuza after not really digging Judgment.
  7. Death March Club - Just because it's Uchikoshi.
  8. Ghost of Tsushima - I love the period of Japanese cinema they're aping with the visuals here (very Kurosawa/Kobayashi/Okamoto-ish).
  9. The Last of Us Part II - Basically guaranteed to be very good at worst.
  10. Cyberpunk 2077 - I dig cyberpunk, but haven't liked any of the Witcher games outside of the Gwent spin-off (and am skeptical about the combat).
EDIT: PS, it would hurt me to not include Elden Ring, so I did anyway.

Last edited:

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
  1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Easily could be contender for Game of the Year and coming out so early. One of my favorite series of all time and I am scared I will put 1000 hours into it.
  2. Spelunky 2 - Really enjoyed the first one but missed the train on a lot of the discovery when it was getting big. Don't want to make the same mistake.
  3. Cyberpunk 2077 - CDPR is a great developer and one of the ones out there making AAA games that I really can enjoy. Glad its first-person, not third.
  4. Persona 5 Royal - Loved the original release and even if its not totally different, any added content will give me a good excuse to play it again.
  5. No More Heroes 3 - One of my favorite series and I loved TSA this year, so I can't wait. The incredible TGA trailer didn't help the hype.
  6. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - I've played hundreds of hours of X and 2 and never really put the time into this one like I wanted. This will be my chance to really dive deep.
  7. Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers - Musou games, especially the themed ones they've been putting out over the last few years have been some of the best game releases period. Hoping they continue their streak with a crossover with a game I adore.
  8. Bravely Default II - The two originals are some of my favorite RPGs for the 3DS and had great unique takes on the genre. Also loved Octopath.

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Ghost of Tsushima - This will be Sucker Punch's Horizon moment. They will finally get the recognition they've always deserved, and for good reason. The game looks absolutely incredible.
  2. Resident Evil 3 - It looks like more of what made Resident Evil 2 remake great, which is absolutely a good thing.
  3. Persona 5 Royal - The game of the generation gets even better.
  4. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - I will take more Yakuza every day. If it doesn't release in NA during 2020 then consider this an honorary vote for the remastered collection!
  5. The Last of Us Part II - Looks like a big step up from the original, which is saying a lot!
  6. Guilty Gear Strive - Probably the best looking fighting game ever made.
  7. Final Fantasy VII Remake - Never played the original, looking forward to experiencing the story for the first time.
  8. Cyberpunk 2077 - I'm not really into first person games but the world looks amazing and I'm willing to fight through the pain for this one.
  9. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - I just want a nice and relaxing game on my Switch.
  10. Nioh 2 - Wasn't the biggest fan of the first Nioh but hopefully they took the lessons from the first game and applied it here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
latest

1. Cyberpunk 2077 - It's flippin' Cyberpunk 2077. I don't really care if it's developed by CDPR, or it's set in cyberpunk theme. It's virtually the one and only AAA RPG in a very long time that actually looks and plays like a proper RPG, with all the RPG mechanics, choices and consequences. It's been too long since we had one of those. Too long.
  2. Nioh 2 - The sequel to the best action combat RPG this decade, with lots of improvements from the first game. No reason not to be excited for this.
  3. Bloodlines 2 - One of the biggest reveal of 2019. The sequel to the RPG that people still play to this day.
  4. Gears Tactics - The highlight of TGA 2019 for me. X-COM in Gears universe? Count me in! The game just looks incredible.
  5. Tales of Arise - Finally, the facelift that Tales of franchise always needed badly. Tales of Arise truly feels like a current gen JRPG at last.
  6. Wasteland 3 - The next installment in Wasteland, now backed with Microsoft money. Curious to see how it'd fare next year.
  7. Ghost of Tsutshima - The game looks incredible ever since its initial reveal. Sucker Punch delivers what Ubisoft never bothers to do.
  8. Final Fantasy VIIR - Tbh, I'm not really excited for this as I've already played it too many times before. But still, this is THE FFVII, being remade.
  9. Colony Ship - The next RPG from the maker of Age of Decadence, now in my favorite settings, sci-fi. GOTY contender.
  10. Encased - It's already out in early access and will be fully released in 2020. Everything about it looks awesome so far, can't wait.

Last edited:

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - Looking forward to this the most, I'd say, because the second game was fantastic, and the original gets high praise as well.
  2. Bravely Default II - While I'm more a fan of Octopath than Bravely, anything Asano et al. produce I'll wait for with baited breath.
  3. Trials of Mana - Looks to modernize and improve on the original classic in many ways, and the Dragon Quest-esque aesthetic is beautiful.
  4. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  5. Langrisser I & II - The visual overhaul of these games is obviously contentious... but having never tried the series before, I'm still eager to give it a shot.

Last edited:

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
  1. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - I've been waiting on this game for so long. I can't wait. That one month delay is killing me internally
  2. Axiom Verge 2 - This was such a surprise, I hadn't really even been thinking a sequel would ever come. Very excited!
  3. Cyberpunk 2077
  4. Halo Infinite
  5. Skatebird
  6. Psychonauts 2
  7. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
  8. Boyfriend Dungeon
  9. Super Meat Boy Forever
  10. No More Heroes III

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - This is probably my most antecipated game ever. Everything released about this remake feels like a dream coming true. The graphics, gameplay, artstyle, ost, they are nailing it. Now we just have to wait for it, at least the promise has been made.
  2. Resident Evil 3 Remake - So excited to explore Raccon City. Also Nemesis will be such a bigger threat than Mr. X it's not even funny.
  3. The Last of Us Part 2 - A sequel to the best PS3 game, enough said.
  4. Ghost of Tsushima - Never been so excited for a new IP like I'm for this game.
  5. Kingdom Hearts III ReMind
  6. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  7. Tales of Arise
  8. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
  9. Watch Dogs Legion
  10. Marvel's Avengers

Last edited:

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
  1. The Last of us Part II - The first game was easily one of my favourite games this generation. Really looking forward the next adventure of Ellie but also the massive refinements seen with the raw gunplay, the focus on the cat and mouse gameplay improved by additional mechanics and A.I.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - I really enjoy the story telling of CDprojekt, the efforts put into the side quests and dynamic world. I think Cyberpunk is a really appealing setting to explore. Seems to be a greater focus on the gameplay and making it feel more unique which was one of the weak points of their previous games.
  3. Ghost of Tsushima - I really love the setting of Feudal Japan and quite like the grounded take combined with easily one of strongest art direction seen next year.
  4. Final Fantasy 7 Remake - The will be my first time trying out the Final Fantasy 7. I love the action direction the game took, the strong visual design, the amazing reorchestrated music.
  5. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Ori was one of my favourite platforming/metroidvania games really excited for the sequel next year. Absolutely Gorgeous game as well.
  6. Resident Evil 3 - Very much enjoyed RE2:R, and the trailers seems on point into delivering the similar survival experiences.
  7. Dreams - Quite excited to see the full package of Dreams and explore the content creations.
  8. Halo Infinite - Might be the defining shooting game I play next year. Really looking forward to the potential of Next-gen improvements and hopeful for a fun sandbox experience.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 3 - if it's anywhere near as good as RE 2, it may very well be GOTY. Looking at the lineup of games in 2020, that's saying something.
  2. Final Fantasy 7 Remake
  3. Ghost of Tsushima
  4. The Last of Us Part 2
  5. Persona 5 Royal
  6. Cyberpunk 2077
  7. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  8. Halo Infinite
  9. Watch Dogs Legion
  10. Tales of Arise

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
  1. Halo Infinite - Halo will always be my most anticipated release of any year. This is also a Halo with the longest wait time ever in the series, and is being positioned as probably the most important release yet, with having to help Xbox Series X sell units and needing to revitalize the brand after the blows of Halo 4, MCC launch, and Halo 5. While next to nothing is known about the game besides its visual design, and 343 have not had the greatest track record of releasing games that have both an excellent Campaign and Multiplayer at the same time, I'm still too highly invested in the series to let that get in the way of me pouring multiple hours into every single piece of news that will come out between now and launch.
  2. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - An action RPG that goes through the full story of Z is a literal childhood dream of mine after playing the Legacy of Goku games more than a decade ago.
  3. Doom Eternal - DOOM 2016 was an incredible single player experience and I have high hopes that id will deliver on the sequel.
  4. Kingdom Hearts 3 ReMind - I love KH3, and I just want more of it. The extra additions sound great.
  5. Kingdom Hearts Collection - This is the collection that Xbox will be getting next year. Hopefully it's the Story So Far version lol. I want to experience the HD FInal Remix versions after playing the original PS2 releases, as well as playing Birth By Sleep and DDD for the first time.
  6. Half-Life: Alyx - I don't own and won't buy VR, but this game means way too much to not anticipate it heavily. It's the return of Half Life, and that's all it really needs.
  7. Cyberpunk 2077
  8. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  9. Gears Tactics
  10. Microsoft Flight Simulator

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - A dream come true, Final Fantasy VII Remake is a modern day reimagining of my favorite game of all time, SE could have very easily gotten away with a reskin, but they decided to completely overhaul the game in pretty much every way. Building everything from the ground up means i can replay my favorite game without knowing what's going to happen next, learn it, figure it out, and master it all over again.
    3532489-final%20fantasy%207%20remake.jpg
  2. Ghost of Tsushima - I've been on the Sucker Punch bandwagon since Infamous 1, i maintained throughout most of the previous generation that Infamous was Sony's best franchise on PS3, Ghost of Tsushima is the Samurai/Ninja game i used to dream of Ubisoft making, but SP decided to make it for me instead.
    GOTkeywidecrop.jpg
  3. Resident Evil 3 - I don't know anything about the original RE3, but i know i've platinumed RE7 and RE2Remake and they're some of my favorite games of the generation, It's nice to see a game that embraces it's linearity rather than going down the open world/multiplayer/RPG game design that everyone is embracing this gen.
    maxresdefault.jpg
  4. Cyberpunk 2077 - CDprojektred did the impossible, they made me fall in love with a WRPG, i've been a JRPG gamer my entire life and WRPGs tend to be the opposite of what i want, but their ability to make me care about their stories and characters makes me ignore the aspects of the genre that i dislike.
    keanu-reeves-cyberpunk-2077-johnny-silverhand.jpg
  5. The Last of Us: Part II - ND delivers the best cinematics in the industry and i expect them to build upon the excellent stealth and brutal moment to moment gameplay of the original.
    the-last-of-us-part-ii-gameplay-reveal-thumbnail-01-ps4-us-10jul18
  6. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - I've always wanted to like Yakuza, i really do, the tone, story, and visuals are so up my alley but i just couldn't stand the combat and damage sponge bosses so i never got far into them. Yakuza Like a Dragon takes all the things that attracted me to Yakuza and replaces the combat i hated and made a JRPG out of it, it's like they made the game for me.
    maxresdefault.jpg
  7. Nioh 2 - Arguably the best combat system i've ever played, if they can cut down on the padding, add more variety of enemies and improve the level design of the first this could easily be a GOTY.
    maxresdefault.jpg
  8. Tales of Arise - I liked Tales of Xillia but took a break from the franchise since, the massive bump in production values has me enthusiastic to play a Tales game again.
    tales-of-arise-.jpg
  9. Marvel's Avengers - I normally don't play GaaS or Multiplayer games but CD is promising a high quality single player campaign that can be played solo or co op and i believe in them due to their excellent Tomb Raider games.
    maxresdefault.jpg
  10. Bravely Default II - Please don't pad the game.
BD2_12-12-19.jpg

BanGy

Oct 25, 2017
  1. The Last of Us Part II - I'm going to murder so many dogs. 😼😼
  2. Half Life Alyx - I can't use VR without violent motion sickness but I'm going to fucking duct tape a bin to my head and just vomit, WHATEVER. I DON'T CARE. YOU CAN'T STOP ME!
  3. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - No jokes here. I just really want this game.
  4. Cyberpunk - 🦾🦿
  5. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - 🦞🦞🦞🦞
  6. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - If KK Slider isn't in this game I will cry.
  7. Doom Eternal - YOU CAN BE FIRED OUT OF A MASSIVE BFG 10000.
  8. Empire of Sin - I 'm going to role play as Steve Buscemi.
  9. Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 - Being set in Seattle hopefully means I can go visit Key Arena and laugh at them for not having an NBA team.
  10. Ghost of Tsushima - NBA2k21 should be here but it's not eligible because we live in a rigged system.

Last edited:

lightning16

May 17, 2019
  1. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - I've already played and enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles a lot, but I can't wait to see any additional content and improved graphics. Can't wait to see Satorl Marsh with improved graphics.
  2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - I really liked the first Ori game, but this one looks to improve at least one of the issues in the first: terrible combat. The game was already exceptional in its platforming and art style. Improved map design is really the only thing that's a question mark, but even if it's as subpar as the first game this could still be one of the best games of the year.
  3. Project Sakura Wars - I'm always down for some fun anime character interactions, and the thing I'm most excited for in this from the impressions I've seen. Anything else the game does well is just gravy at this point.
  4. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore - Really loved this game on Wii U. Excited to replay it. Nothing much to say here. Not expecting as big an improvement as I am with Xenoblade.
  5. Inmost - This game released on Apple Arcade in October I think, but I'm looking forward to Switch/Steam release in 2020. Looks beautiful. Caught my attention early this year in an Indies Direct.
  6. Trials of Mana - I wasn't too hyped for this originally with how bad the Secret of Mana remake was, but this is just in an entirely different universe of quality in comparison as far as I can see. Every time this shows back up my interest just goes up a little more.
  7. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - This would be higher on my list if I didn't have a mountain of Yakuza games to play to catch up with the series (currently playing Kiwami), but I'm fully expecting to love this when I get to it. Just not sure when that will actually be.
  8. Shantae and the Seven Sirens - I originally played through part of Half-Genie Hero and didn't think very much of it. Stopped playing because the game kept crashing on Switch. Eventually revisited the game after hearing it was patched and I liked it a lot more on the second visit. Looking forward to seeing what they have here.
  9. Tales of Arise - I like the Tales series but I'm a little worried to get too excited for this one. Budget looks way higher, but some of the things I've read from the dev team on focusing a lot on animations and going for more mature/scary monster designs gives me a little pause. I don't mind deviations from the norm, but I'm still hoping to see a bit more of the things I love from this series. I just want to know I still have my skits and I still have fun Tales combat (I do think the combat looks similar but without the UI it's hard to tell for sure).
  10. Langrisser I & II - I enjoy strategy RPGs. I actually like the new art style. I haven't played these yet so I'm looking forward to revisiting some classics. Game is scheduled for March.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
My list is probably going to be one of the weirder ones, particularly the order, but whatever.
  1. Marvel's Avengers: I love superheroes, and I'm happy to finally have a AAA game that includes my favorite armored hero. Is this game going to be great, as in Game of the Year? Probably not. But as long as it can make me feel like Iron Man and give me a small tour of the MU, I can't place this lower than #1.
  2. Watch Dogs: Legion: I have this weird love-hate relationship with Watch Dogs. Their games are always good, but there's always things that keep them from being amazing. Still, this game looks good from what we've seen and I'm excited to try it, even if I'm frustrated that there's no central character.
  3. Yakuza: Like a Dragon: Oh man, I love everything about this new game. Built for a next-gen system from the ground up, finally getting a new protagonist, the wacky switch to being turn-based RPG complete with job changes? It looks like so much fun, and hopefully they manage to bring it out at a decent time next year.
  4. Sakura Wars: The amount of work they've put into this game is impressive. It feels like you've stepped into the world of an anime, and it maintains enough of the 90's era charm while also making the combat look fun enough that it won't detract from getting to know the people in the world.
  5. Final Fantasy 7: Remake: It's insane this game even exists. Finally getting to experience something fans have dreamt about since the early PS3 era, this is the first big budget game I'll be getting next year. Looking forward to going back to Midgar and being a freedom fighter for a game.
  6. Tales of Arise: We haven't seen anything about this game lately, so hopefully they show more in the near future, that's why it's ranking so low. Still, it looks to have fixed the graphical problems that have plagued Tales games for ages.
  7. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot: I owe it to my 12 year old self to play this game, the one that fantasized about a DBZ game where you could play through the entire story as an RPG. They're finally making it, and it looks fun.
  8. Fairy Tail: One of my favorite shonen series gets a non FG video game? Awesome! I'm all in.
  9. Godfall: I love ornate, complex armor designs like what we saw in Godfall. If the world is captivating enough and they have enough different armor and weapon types in, this will be an awesome launch game. This would rank a little higher if I knew more about it.
  10. Cyberpunk 2077: It goes this low 'cause it's in first person and I likely won't play it, but I respect the ambition.
Honorable Mention: Assassin's Creed 2020. We know it's coming but it's not officially announced yet, otherwise I'd probably put it in the Top 5 above FF7.
Honorable Mention #2: Batman: Arkham Origins. Actually, fuck this. They gotta show me what other heroes are in the game first.

Last edited:

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
  1. Ghosts of Tsushima - The latest trailer paints an intriguing picture pertaining to the scope of the game. I have no idea whether SP can pull off their promise (given inFamous SS was a bit of disappointment; FL was better though). The idea of playing Samurai turned Ninja with the almost dreamlike art aesthetics of the visuals set against a typical Japanese tale of righteous vengeance has me intrigued.

2. The Last of Us 2 - The first game and its expansion moved certain needles within the both the narrative and LGBTQ segments of gaming. I am looking forward to the character arc of both Joel and Ellie.

3. Cybperpunk 2077 - The last time a WRPG in the genre of CP with the scope of 2077 showed up was Deus Ex in 2001. If CDPR can pull off their vision then it will be monumental achievement in a mostly barren genre (insofar as RPGs are concerned). As a gigantic Blade Runner fan, I am obligated to look forward to this despite their milquetoast, status quo and unimaginatively banal cover for the game. Also, given CDPR's history, I will be waiting to get the next gen edition which should inevitably come preloaded with all patches.

4. Final Fantasy VII Remake - I have seen the movies and the myriad cameos and yet I have never played the game. So...

5. Dreams - Time to awaken them creative fibers in my body.

6. Wasteland 3 - Been looking forward to a game akin to The Shadowrun franchise which allows for both TB tactical combat as well as story related choices. So few game like them and even fewer on consoles.

7. Yakuza Like a Dragon - I have yet to play a single Yakuza game despite owning most of them. This has my intrigue due to its RPG system. Plus that protagonist looks properly crazy and far more animated than Kiryu.

Of course, the list would look drastically different in June next year when the launch titles for next gen systems are announced as well as perhaps Elden Ring getting a proper release date.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
  1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - My wife and I will play this co-op. Can't wait.
  2. Rune Factory 5 - This is listed as a 2019 game. If it actually comes out then, I will buy day 1.
  3. Final Fantasy VII Remake - I'm really interested if they are able to recapture the magic.
  4. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - More Yakuza is always a good thing
  5. Nioh 2 - I am hoping the stages/progression is better this time, because otherwise the 1st game was great
  6. Langrisser I & II - Fascinated to try these for the first time
  7. Trials of Mana - I hope this turns out well.
  8. Tales of Arise - It looks like a change in direction for this series. Sorely needed.
  9. Cyberpunk 2077 - I don't like the Witcher but I love Cyberpunk style. I hope it's fun to play
  10. System Shock - I am interested to see how this shakes out
My list is big on conditionals: PS5/XBSX launch games that are unannounced, Ys 9, Elden Ring are all things that would shoot very high if not to the top of this list if they make 2019.

Last edited:

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Halo Infinite - it's new Halo
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - looks really good, can't wait for impressions to start hitting
  3. Doom Eternal - hopefully it's as good as the first
  4. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - a sequel to one of the best Metroidvanias ever made, looks incredible.
  5. Gears Tactics - 40hr campaign? Sign me up.
  6. Dragonball Z: Kakarot - Please be good
  7. Marvel Avengers - it looks pretty interesting
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator - it looks pretty damn amazing