• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skikkiks

Oct 25, 2017
1. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - Crash Team Racing is one of my favourite games of all time, and despite some issues with the N.Sane trilogy, I thought they did an excellent job with it so I remain optimistic that they won't fuck it up.
2. Hylics 2 - Hylics was a small, quirky weird game with a striking artstyle and a vague story holding it together. Hylics 2 looks to be firing on all fronts adding in all sorts of features and gameplay changes and I'm eager to see where it will go.
3. Maneater - Promising looking fully featured shark role playing game. What more could I ever want?!
4. The Pathless - I loved Abzu when it came out two years prior and it looks to be a departure from the standard Journey face type of game while retaining the fantastic artstyle of the last game.
5. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Ori and the Blind Forest was absolutely fantastic and it looks like they're aiming for greatness with this one.
6. Biomutant - Weird game looks like it's doing all manner of odd things and it's gotten me really intrigued.
7. Minoria - Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight really impressed me when it came out and I've been following this game's development and it's looking really good!
8. Sable - I want to explore a giant beautiful fuckin desert.
9. Ooblets - The game is top to bottom adorable, and traditional "we're doing pokemon lol" battles being replaced with dance battles has made the game all the more enticing.
10. Psychonauts 2 - While I still haven't beaten the original Psychonauts, the trailer showed at The Game Awards got me oddly nostalgic for PS2 3D platformer level design. I'll hopefully find the time to beat the first game and get to this one by the end of the year.

Honorable Mentions:
Sekiro
EITR
Morning Star
APE OUT
Indivisible
Shenmue 3
Toe Jam and Earl: Back in the Groove
Pokemon 2019
No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Back

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Residents Evil 2 - the king returns, courtesy of a Capcom that seems a lot more confident in its direction than it wasn't last gen. It's not fixed camera angles sadly, but I'll take it when it looks this good.
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Hoping Miyazaki brought his A game to this
  3. Doom Eternal - First one was mostly pretty excellent; I think this might get all the way there.
  4. Devil May Cry 5 - these combo heavy games aren't usually my thing, but this looks pretty slick.

Last edited:

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
  1. Animal Crossing - (NSW) I could honestly forgo every other game on this list if I just got Animal Crossing on NSW. This series has long since proven that it has a powerful hold on me whenever it releases on a handheld; Wild World (NDS) and New Leaf (3DS) are some of my most played portable games ever.
  2. The Outer Worlds - (PC) Obsidian have pulled a stunning coup, getting this game so high on a lot of people's hype index; that Game Awards trailer was perfectly timed, and I bet a lot of other companies are kicking themselves for not exhibiting their game at the Keighleys. TOW looks absolutely amazing: the base roleplaying of Fallout: New Vegas mixed with Borderlands' tone and shades of Bioshock's Art Deco style and gun feel.
  3. Indivisible - (NSW/PC) The backer demo for this was amazing - the animation was smooth as hell, with the combat a snappier version of Valkyrie Profile's fighting (with just enough of Lab Zero's 2D fighting DNA to keep things interesting). Here's hoping they actually get me my precious NSW copy safely.
  4. Fire Emblem Three Houses - (NSW) Although the radio silence on this game since E3 is concerning, what I've seen so far suggests that this is a beautiful modernization of the classic formula. I'm a bit iffy on that exploration-esque gameplay we saw in the trailer (it screamed empty hub worlds with not much to do) but overall I'm very optimistic.
  5. Resident Evil 2 Remake - (PC) A remake of my favorite "classic" Resident Evil game, in the style of my favorite "over the shoulder" Resident Evil game? Where do I sign?
  6. The Last of Us 2 - (PS4) I'm not hating on TLOU2; I have a deep love for first game, and I really want to see what happens in the second. The only reason it sits at no. 6 on my personal list is that TLOU is a very wrenching experience for me in general - it's so oppressive in terms of tone and moment to moment gameplay that I can't do several playthroughs in succession.
  7. Wargroove - (NSW) This is essentially Advance Wars Ultimate: Fantasy Edition, in portable form no less. Take my money!
  8. Judgment - (PS4) Ryo Ga Gotoku is finally on a roll in the West, and I couldn't be happier. Hopefully they find some strong ways to flesh out the gameplay in this one; after 2018, the last thing we need is another templated Yakuza game.
  9. Kingdom Hearts III - (PS4) It's been so long since I actually played a Kingdom Hearts game that I may need to buy KH: The Story So Far to get caught up. I want this (the trailer absolutely sold me), but I may not buy this on day one simply because theres no sense in coming in without the context of KH2, and getting disoriented.
  10. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - (NSW) It's stunning to me that a new Metroidvania by Koji Igarashi of all people could be sitting at no. 10 on my personal hype list, but the whispers of troubled development and numerous delays have tempered my expectations. Still hoping that this will be incredible.
Honorable mentions: Tales of Vesperia Remastered, Daemon X Machina, Lapis X Labyrinth, Shakedown Hawaii

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
  1. DOOM Eternal - The sequel of my favorite shooter of the generation. Gameplay wise my favorite game of these past years.
  2. Wolfenstein: Youngblood - What the new Wolfenstein games lacked in gameplay compared to DOOM, they made up in story.
  3. Metro Exodus - This will be my first Metro game. The previous one's were released when I was busy with other games, and I admit being a bit hesitant due to the horror aspect, but I'm ready to give the series another chance.
  4. Rage 2 - Not so sure with this game being open world in a post-apocalyptic setting, but I like shooters, so...
  5. Catherine: Full Body - The puzzle gameplay turns me off, but I'm really interested in the story, so might play this on easy or something...
  6. Fate/Extella Link - Though I'll probably first have to play "Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star"...
The Last of Us II would be my 1st pick, but since a 2019 release is unlikely...

Last edited:

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Residents Evil 2 - the king returns, courtesy of a Capcom that seems a lot more confident in its direction than it wasn't last gen. It's not fixed camera angles sadly, but I'll take it when it looks this good.
  2. Sekiro Shadows Die Twice - Hoping Miyazaki brought his A game to this
  3. Doom Eternal - First one was mostly pretty excellent; I think this might get all the way there.
  4. Devil May Cry V - these combo heavy games aren't usually my thing, but this looks pretty slick.
Devil May Cry 5 is the actual title of the game so you need to use that for your vote to be counted.

Last edited:

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
  1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - I love Bloodborne because It's faster paced than Dark Souls and this looks to be even better
  2. Tom Clancy's The Division 2 - I loved the first one, and I love Destiny, please be good.
  3. Resident Evil 2 - Haven't played many Resident Evil games due do their slow gameplay, this one might be an exception
  4. Code Vein - See 1.

Oct 25, 2017
1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - From Software is the best developer on the planet in my opinion, so a new IP from them is incredibly exciting. I was lucky enough to have played this at Gamescom and boy did it feel good. Easily my Game of the Show there.
2. Devil May Cry 5 - Just look at that extended trailer that came out recently. Absolutely glorious action.
3. Resident Evil 2 Remake - Game simply looks incredible. Capcom seems back with a vengeance.
4. DOOM Eternal - DOOM 2016 was a masterpiece and it looks like this game will ramp up everything that made that game so good to 11.
5. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Played this as well at Gamescom and it was a wonderful experience. I don't think there will be a Metroidvania with smoother traversal and the combat - one of the weaker elements of the original - feels much improved. It's bloody gorgeous too.
6. Indivisible - Another game that is beautiful and an utter joy to play. Fantastic character design and oodles of depth. Can't wait.
7. Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course - Man, Cuphead is so damn good so more of that is very welcome indeed. The spirit of Treasure lives on in one of the most beautiful games ever made.
8. Mortal Kombat 11 - That Game Awards trailer was pure hype.
9. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Normally I wouldn't include a game I haven't seen a single second of gameplay from but this is Respawn, one of the most talented developers out there.
10. The Surge 2 - As long as From isn't making a sci-fi Souls, this will have to do. The game looks genuinely good too.

Bonus mention: Control - I loved the weird fiction setting and the more open approach to level design, as well as more environmental storytelling.

Games I can't wait to see more of that may or may not happen in 2019: Death Stranding, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Babylon's Fall and Star Fox Grand Prix.

Last edited:

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Kingdom Hearts III - End of an era.
  2. The Outer Worlds - FPS single-player RPG from Obsidian again. Day 1.
  3. Devil May Cry 5 - Another end of an era. Gameplay looks divine. Let's rock!
  4. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - It's From Software! Another Day 1.
  5. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Tentatively curious and hopeful.
  6. Psychonauts 2 - Looks gorgeous, and scratches the platformer itch.
  7. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - Nintendo Switch version. Portable FFXII? Glorious.
  8. Animal Crossing - need my zen AC fix.
Though it isn't on my to buy list, Resident Evil 2's remake also looks incredible... but I'm too much of a coward to play it!

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
1. Metro Exodus - The first two games were excellent despite some flaws. I feel Exodus will be just as good
2. DOOM Eternal - After DOOM surprised us all I certainly want to play more.
3. The Outer Worlds - Obsidian has a good track record and this game looks like it could be really good
4. Control - Having enjoyed Remedy's previous games Control looks like a game I'll also enjoy

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Anthem - I gave up on Destiny as i still felt the world was limited and i played enough of it. Hoping Anthem fills that void. Atleast the world looks open and intresting and the flying feels great
  2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - The first one was a masterpiece. It had everything. So instant "buy" for the second one. Getting it on Gamepass is even more awesome.
  3. Gears 5 - Gears has always been great. Never a huge MP player but i love the SP. Coalition did great with their first game. Cant wait what they do now.
  4. Devil May Cry 5 - Never really played DMC. But DMC5 is on my radar. Dont know if i love it. But the trailers are great and gameplay showings. Had some troubles with the game with the demo. But will see.
  5. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - I am looking forward to it. Hope i dont suck. Maybe thats why i am not getting it at launch at first probably.
  6. Crackdown 3 - Gamepass helps with this. Love the first one. And just wanna blow some shit up. SP mostly looks intresting for me. But MP i am curious about also.
  7. Metro Exodus - Loved the first ones. Difficult release time tho. But i like how it looks.
  8. Outer Worlds - Looks like a technical good Fallout. I want to play "Fallout games" again but couldnt support Bethesda these last years with how broken their Fallout games were.
  9. The Surge 2 - The first one really surprised many people. Cant wait what they do next. Looks like they listened to the feedback also
  10. Doom Eternal - Doom 2016 was cool and fun. Will play this one at some point next year.

Last edited:

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 2, never played it before, and it comes out the day before my birthday. Its meant to be.
  2. Pokémon. I'm hoping Lets Go holds me over since I didn't get ultra moon last year.
  3. Anything Forza Motorsport or Halo related.
I don't really have anything else I'm anticipating right now. Most of my game purchases have been sporadic since I started playing on PC.

cake

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Doom Eternal - Doom 2016 was fucking fantastic and my GOTY that year, and Eternal looks like a solid improvement.
  2. Outer Worlds - The best RPG people out there doing a New Vegas-style game, I'm 100% there.
  3. Phoenix Point - The original XCOM creator doing a spiritual successor. Everything I've seen looks exactly like what I want.
  4. Control - Remedy is always doing something really cool. This also seemed like it takes a bit from Psi-Ops, so I'm down.
  5. Pokemon 2019 - Sandile on Switch or riot.
  6. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - Until Dawn is one of my favorite games this generation, so I'm pumped that Supermassive is doing following up with similar games.
  7. Wolfenstein: Young Blood - Turns out I want to hunt nazis even more now.
  8. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Ori 1 was really good, so I'm down for more.
  9. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Ninja Souls by Miyazaki. Hell yes.
  10. In the Valley of the Gods - Loved the trailer and really looking forward to seeing more.

Honorable mentions:
Metro Exodus - This looks great, it's an easy number 11 for me.
The Division 2 - The first was a lot of fun but forgettable, so I'm curious to see what's improved.
Crackdown 3 - It's looked a lot better in recent showings, so we'll see.
Anthem - The E3 stuff looked intriguing, but Bioware needs to really nail it before I trust them with my time again.
Devil May Cry 5 - It looks fine. Despite playing the series since 3 I can't get excited for them.
Resident Evil 2 - This looks fucking awesome, I can't wait to play it a few years from now on a beefy pc with god mode via Cheat Engine cause I can't play scary games any other way.
Kingdom Hearts 3 - Looks neat and super dumb, so I'm down for more.
Judgement - Yakuza x Ace Attorney sounds dumb as hell and I can't wait to check it out.
Rage 2 - What we've seen looks good, very Mad Max-y, so I'm curious.
Gears of War 5 - Gears 4 was really good, and the trailer for 5 was cool.
Warcraft 3: Reforged - Day one for me, W3 is such a great game. I bought the original at launch and loved it, so I'm down to experience it again.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: It's the newest franchise from From software, that should say it all.
Resident Evil 2 Remake: If Capcom came to my before they make this game and asked me what the dream resident evil 2 remake that you want us to make, I couldn't ask for a better job than the one they have created!
Control: The only problem in quantum break that brought it down in my opinion was the level design, it was super liner, and it seems this game fixed that which make me so excited.
Doom Eternal: a sequel to the best FPS game this gen? Sure why not.
Dreams.
Devil May Cry 5.
Psychonauts 2.
Shenmue III.
Rage 2.
Days Gone:
I'm not sure about this one, but it's a Story driven TPS game from Sony, so i well give it the benefit of doubt.

Last edited:

Nihilus

Oct 28, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 2
  2. Doom Eternal
  3. Mortal Kombat 11
  4. Sekiro: Shadows die twice
  5. Devil May Cry 5
  6. Gears of War 5
  7. Anthem
  8. Rage 2

2019 will be the best year for me in recent memory

Last edited:

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
  1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - From Software are my favourite developer working today so this is a no brainer. I was a little disappointed that the Kuon rumours were false as I would have loved a real From Soft folk tale horror game riffing on Kaidan stories and films like Kuroneko, but this one has ninjas! I will be shocked if this doesn't end up my game of the year.
    sekirongda4.jpg

2. Resident Evil 2 - Capcom really surprised me with the quality of Resident Evil 7 and this looks like it'll be another success. I never got to play RE2 back in the day because I was a child and a coward, so this remake will all be all brand new to me. When the Resident Evil series is in a good place, the world at large is in a good place.
    evillhem9.jpg
  3. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - The sequel to my personal favourite modern MetroidVania. The first Ori had one of the best feeling jumps in 2D games, matched with a really distinctive art style and a lovely story about hope and cuddles or something. If this ends up being just more of the same that's fine by me.
    ori16cdq.jpg
  4. Animal Crossing - My only experience with Animal Crossing was playing a demo station in a shop for the Gamecube release when it first came out. I was sucked into its addictive vortex and only emerged hours later once the shopkeepers had to kick me out so they could close and go home.
    animal74ft7.png
  5. In the Valley of Gods - Playing through Firewatch was one of the best video game evenings I had in 2016. I love reading books about Ancient Egypt and visiting the British Museum to see all the stuff we stole off them. Exploring beautiful tombs intertwined with Campo Santo's excellent storytelling will surely make for another memorable night in.
    gods7fizb.jpg
  6. Doom Eternal - Video game crack.
    doomxbibg.jpg
  7. Control - Don't have much history with Remedy Entertainment but this really stood out at E3 this year. The idea of setting it all in the same building but one that maybe changes and fucks with you as you work your way through it sounds really interesting.
    controlwnee9.jpg
  8. Devil May Cry 5 - Looks alright.
    devill6iyq.jpg
  9. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - The spiritual successor to my favourite classic MetroidVania series. I'm sceptical and still not sold on the art style, but it's been in the oven long enough that I'm hopeful it'll live up to the legacy it's trying to follow on from.
    ritualn9cue.jpg
  10. Wargroove - Fire Emblem gets all the love from Nintendo whilst Advance Wars quietly languishes in the dark. This game might fill the hole that Into the Breach nearly managed to fill for me this year.
    wargrooveb7cy9.png
Honorable Mentions
  • Dreams
  • Dying Light 2
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Gears 5
  • Judgement
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Spelunky 2

Aug 26, 2018
1. Resident Evil 2: Remake ( RE7 brought me back and RE2 looks so good)
2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps ( 1st game was amazing and this is hopefully better)
3. Gears of War 5 ( The trailer looks cool & I hope this game brings out the best in the Coalition)
4. Ghosts of Tsutshima ( Expecting a fantastic cinematic experience)
5. Anthem ( I don't like EA but love Bioware and hope this does well so they are not fired )
6. Pokémon Gen 8 ( The only Switch game that I will play next year)
7. DMC5 (Its been way too long!)
8. Star Wars Title ( Respawn are a great studio & am expecting a phenomenal campaign)
9. Mortal Konbat XI ( Never expected it, but its time)
10. Rocksteady's New Game ( Whatever it is, will be great)

Burning Justice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The games that I'm anticipating most right now aren't confirmed to release next year, so the games on this list are all just games that I'm only mildly excited for. But here they are:

1. Pokémon - Let's Go was fun, but I'm excited to see a more traditional Pokemon game that I can play on my TV.
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Years ago, I would've been much more excited for a new Fire Emblem game. But after the somewhat-disappointing Fates, I'm more... cautiously optimistic now.
  3. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition - Played ToV about a decade ago on Xbox 360. I've wanted to play the PS3 content for a long time, and am now excited that I finally can.
  4. Vestaria Saga - Tried the demo of this when it came out here, and it was very enjoyable.
  5. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled - Played the original only very briefly many years ago. I love kart racers, so I want to give it a real shot.
  6. Animal Crossing - Another series I used to really enjoy, but have fallen off of lately. As long as they try some new things, though, I'm willing to give it another shot.

Last edited:

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
  1. Pokemon 2019 - While I have no faith in Game Freak, the massive potential of the franchise will always have me illogically hoping for them to make my dream game that I've imagined and designed in detail in my head, which would be the greatest video game of all time.
  2. Devil May Cry 5 - Pure bliss on a moment to moment gameplay and control level.
  3. Mortal Kombat 11 - While I have some misgivings about some gameplay design in Netherealm's titles, story mode has hooked me and I'm excited to see what happens next.
  4. Granblue Versus - Arc are the masters of video game visuals so far in the medium's history, and Granblue has fantastic designs and style. Being able to control them in an action oriented game will be great
  5. Babylon's Fall - It's a Platinum game.

Similar sentiments for Granblue Relink, but I believe that's only TBA, rather that TBA 2019 like Versus. I'll add it if I can.

Last edited:

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 2 - Words can't describe how excited I am for this game. Everything I've seen and read suggests that they are intent on ensuring this game not only provides thrilling gameplay but also maintains an unnerving atmosphere. I can sense the passion being put into this one and I expect it will pay dividends in the final product. RE2 isn't my favorite installment in the series, but I know that the remake is going to be incredibly fun.
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - In From we trust. Gameplay is going to be dynamite and the setting is sure to be a smash hit. I cannot wait to see what Sekiro is going to deliver.
  3. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Once upon a time, this was my most anticipated game of the year. Things happen and it's been overshadowed, but I still expect this game is going to provide me hours and hours of excitement and tight gameplay.
  4. Indivisible - I won't know until I play it, but the characters and setting seem like they're going to be super memorable when all is said and done. This game seems vibrant and engaging, and I'm hoping the magic is alive and well when I finally get my hands on this.
  5. Devil May Cry 5 - My expectations are probably a bit too high for my own good, but I expect Devil May Cry 5 is going to do justice to my hopes. Really looking forward to this one and I know I'll be hitting the ground running when this one releases.
  6. The Outer Worlds - I am definitely intrigued by the concept. It's inevitable it will draw Fallout comparisons, but I am hopeful that this game will stand on its own feet and provide for a rewarding experience.
  7. Judgment - I am cautiously optimistic that this one is going to be pure gold. It's probably more a gut feeling than anything else but I expect this game will hook my attention and keep it.
  8. Wolfenstein: Youngblood - Killing Nazis is a ton of fun. The recipe for success here is pretty straightforward.
  9. Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled - The more I think about this one, the more my smile grows. I am really looking forward to this, more so than most other games coming out. It just seems like it's going to be straight-up, simple fun.
  10. In the Valley of Gods - There were several games that could have captured the #10 spot, but I find myself looking at this one more than the others. I can't say I'm expecting this to be a revolutionary experience, but I do think this one is going to scratch the itch for a game made with both passion and thoughtful design.

Salty_Piers

Oct 28, 2017
1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - I'm a huge fan of Deracine, can't wait to see what else From Software can produce.

2. Doom Eternal - Player invasions and grappling hook shotgun? Count me in. Hopefully they carry over the secret collectables and corresponding skill progression.

3. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - This should be my number 1, but what's been shown hasn't been very compelling. Hoping for an FE story that surpasses PoR.

4. Yoshi's Crafted World - Wooly World was an absolute blast to play through, especially co-op. If Crafted World keeps the focus on rewarding secrets this game should be just as good if not better.

5. Resident Evil 2 - Never played the original so I'm very much looking forward to experiencing this fresh

Feb 16, 2018
  1. Resident Evil 2 - Looks amazing, the visuals and gameplay updates are blowing me away with every new update. Capcom is back everyone.
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - From Software taking soulsborne type gameplay in a more action focused direction plus a sick Japanese setting. Bloodborne is tied for my GOTG with Botw, so of coarse I'm excited for their next big game.
  3. Devil May Cry 5 - Again Capcom is back. Top tier action and I can't wait.
  4. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Love Fire Emblem and this is the first console Fire Emblem in a long time, we don't know much yet but the trailer looks pretty sweet to me.
  5. Pokemon Gen 8: First new gen to be built up on consoles so I'm excited to see where things go.
  6. Wargroove - My most anticipated indie game, love the old school turn based strategy gameplay and it seems like the devs are putting a lot of value into this.
  7. Outer Worlds - We need more Sci-fi RPGs and this looks like what I want of one, great setting, fun writing and dev who has experience making strong RPGs.
  8. Yoshi's Crafted World - Love platformers and this looks very charming.
  9. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Big Igavania fan and I've been waiting a long time for this, hoping the wait isn't too much longer.
  10. Warcraft 3: Reforged - Warcraft 3 is one of my favorite strategy games and the remake is looking great, can't wait.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - From Software is the best developer on the planet in my opinion, so a new IP from them is incredibly exciting. I was lucky enough to have played this at Gamescom and boy did it feel good. Easily my Game of the Show there.
2. Devil May Cry 5 - Just look at that extended trailer that came out recently. Absolutely glorious action.
3. Resident Evil 2 Remake - Game simply looks incredible. Capcom seems back with a vengeance.
4. DOOM Eternal - DOOM 2016 was a masterpiece and it looks like this game will ramp up everything that made that game so good to 11.
5. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Played this as well at Gamescom and it was a wonderful experience. I don't think there will be a Metroidvania with smoother traversal and the combat - one of the weaker elements of the original - feels much improved. It's bloody gorgeous too.
6. Indivisible - Another game that is beautiful and an utter joy to play. Fantastic character design and oodles of depth. Can't wait.
7. Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course - Man, Cuphead is so damn good so more of that is very welcome indeed. The spirit of Treasure lives on in one of the most beautiful games ever made.
8. Mortal Kombat 11 - That Game Awards trailer was pure hype.
9. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Normally I wouldn't include a game I haven't seen a single second of gameplay from but this is Respawn, one of the most talented developers out there.
10. The Surge 2 - As long as From isn't making a sci-fi Souls, this will have to do. The game looks genuinely good too.

Bonus mention: Control - I loved the weird fiction setting and the more open approach to level design, as well as more environmental storytelling.

Games I can't wait to see more of that may or may not happen in 2019: Death Stranding, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Babylon's Fall and Star Fox Grand Prix.
I think it's named Jedi: Fallen Order and not "Star Wars"
1. Resident Evil 2: Remake ( RE7 brought me back and RE2 looks so good)
2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps ( 1st game was amazing and this is hopefully better)
3. Gears of War 5 ( The trailer looks cool & I hope this game brings out the best in the Coalition)
4. Ghosts of Tsutshima ( Expecting a fantastic cinematic experience)
5. Anthem ( I don't like EA but love Bioware and hope this does well so they are not fired )
6. Pokémon Gen 8 ( The only Switch game that I will play next year)
7. DMC5 (Its been way too long!)
8. Star Wars Title ( Respawn are a great studio & am expecting a phenomenal campaign)
9. Mortal Konbat XI ( Never expected it, but its time)
10. Rocksteady's New Game ( Whatever it is, will be great)
Dude, this is so wrong on so many levels.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 2 -- Resident Evil 2 is one of my most beloved games. When Capcom announced they were remaking it years ago, I planted myself firmly in the "fixed camera angles or GTFO" camp. However, as soon as Capcom revealed gameplay footage of the game, I had an instant change of heart. Capcom succeeded in doing what I thought was impossible: marrying old-school tense horror gameplay with modern controls and sensibilities, in complete harmony. Needless to say, I need this game, and it is my most anticipated game of 2019.
  2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 -- Dragon Quest Builders came in second place in my list of best games of 2016, right behind Dark Souls III. It was a complete surprise too, as that game came out of nowhere for me. I was neither a big fan of Dragon Quest nor of Minecraft. But somehow, the two mixed together, with a good dose of story-driven RPG sensibilities, made this a perfect recipe for me. Everything I have seen of the second game makes it seem like a massive jump in quality, and I cannot wait for it.
  3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice -- The next official Souls game, directed by Miyazaki himself. Yep.
  4. Ghosts of Tsushima -- Open-world ninja game set in feudal Japan? Sign me the fuck up.
  5. Ori and the Will of the Wisps -- I haven't even played the first game yet, but I have listened to its soundtrack a lot, and I love the metroidvania genre.
  6. MediEvil -- I've got a lot of nostalgia for MediEvil, and the remaster looks perfect.
  7. The Surge 2 -- I haven't played the first game, as it seemed like it was just a tad too rough around the edges. However, the sequel looks improved in every possible way, and unless what we've seen of it has been misleading, I will definitely play this game.
  8. Catherine Full Body -- Catherine was a gem of the last generation. A remaster+ of the game with tons of additional content? Yeah, I'm excited for that.
  9. The Outer Worlds -- The next AAA RPG by Obsidian? Oh yeah.
  10. Doom Eternal -- Doom was one of the best games of 2016, and possibly the best (or even most important) first-person shooter since Call of Duty 4. I'm very excited to see how the sequel improves the formula.

Last edited:

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
  1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Now that Bloodborne got me on the From Software bandwagon, I'm thirsty for more. If this game recaptures what I liked about Bloodborne, it'll be a GOTY contender.
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - The (admittedly small) amount of gameplay shown of Three Houses has me pumped for whatever new direction the Fire Emblem series is going in.
  3. The Outer Wilds - AAA RPGs haven't blown me away since Skyrim in 2011. They look and sound better nowadays, but smaller games are where I see the most innovative RPG design. Obsidian is one such developer of smaller RPGs, and their talents are finally being put to use on a larger production once more, and I'm excited to see how it turns out.
  4. Luigi's Mansion 3 - After a great 3DS entry, Luigi's back for another ghost-busting adventure. I've faith that we're in for a spooky treat.
  5. Dragon Quest Builders 2 - The first DQB was a very enjoyable take on the Minecraft formula, but it had a lot of unrealized potential that this sequel looks to capitalize on.

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Kingdom Hearts 3 - At long last, the reviews could come out with 5/10's and I will purely get this over nostalgia.
  2. Metro Exodus - Loved the first two, and while I am edgy about some of changes from titles, I am still hyped for it.
  3. The Division 2 - The first one grabbed me in ways I did not expect. It definitely had its flaws, but I would just go for hours playing it and so I am hyped for the sequel.
  4. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - FromSoftware, enough said? Enough said.
  5. Gears 5 - 4 was not enough of a departure while at the same time the departures not being that compelling, it was still fun to play through and I am always up for more.
  6. Resident Evil 2 - Normally I wouldn't care, but the graphics and visual design is horrific, so I am hyped.
  7. Days Gone - I think this is going to hit more of the mainstream than the Resetera audience, and I like some of the ideas going into it. Also Sony has been doing well with narratives in open world games, which has my overall interest.
  8. Dreams - If there was ever a game that would not have my interest, it would be Dreams, but Media Molecule has never disappointed me (well, the main studio, not the LBP3 off-studio).
  9. The Sinking City - I am purely interested of the trailer, I have no idea of the developers track record.
  10. Far Cry: New Dawn - While Far Cry 5 was my least favorite of the Far Cry's I played, I still liked the game play and beat it. Also, nuclear apocalypse Far Cry seems exactly where it should go. Heck they pulled off cavemen, bound to be able to do nuclear apocalypse.

Last edited:

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
  1. Biomutant - I'm expecting a lot of "eurojank" in this one, but it immediately caught my attention and i love the look of it. It's not taking itself too seriously, the gameplay looks fun, and i love the customization of the little Rocket Raccoon looking protagonist. Tons of potential that i hope it lives up to because it looks charming as hell.
  2. Days Gone - Almost made my number 1. It looks like it's doing all the right things for my tastes. It looks really well acted, character driven with a focus on last of us-like storytelling, but in an open world that is genuinely dangerous and dynamic. A weather system that includes seasonal shifts like snow with AI behaviors that adapt and change to work with them. The horde stuff looks amazing and the strategy involving the bike looks like it will create a lot of intense moments. Sons of Anarchy meets Daryl Dixon from the Walking Dead...i'm more than sold!
  3. Resident Evil 2 REmake - I have some reservations, but everything they show just makes me want to play it. looks great, i like that they aren't just sticking 1:1 to the original, and while i would still have preferred fixed cameras, i can accept what they're trying to do here. I just wish Leon and Claire would shut up a little while playing (constant heavy breathing and commentary) and i wish enemies weren't so spongy.
  4. Dreams - Stunned by this since i first saw it. The tech, the flexibility, the tools...LBP created some crazy impressive things, but this is going to be something else entirely. I can't wait to sculpt in VR. I can't wait to play people's levels and I can't wait to play the story mode included in the game itself. It all just looks unbelievably good.
  5. The Outer Worlds - Basically the Fallout sequel Fallout 76 failed to be. I'm liking everything I've seen and heard about this one so far
  6. Rage 2 - This one is a bit of a surprise for me, since i absolutely HATED the first game, but the new one looks really fun! Mad Max meets Borderlands/Bulletstorm. Looks like it's taken the few good elements of the first RAGE and expanded on them, and scrapped all the crap that wasn't working. Super stylish, and super fun looking "gamey" game.
  7. Wasteland 3 - This is mostly here because of the potential of the co-op. If they can achieve something even close to divinity's co-op system, I know for a fact i'll love this one to death.
  8. Dying light 2 - Really enjoyed the first one in co-op and this is looking even better. Iron out some of the jank and it'll be hard to beat as far as 4 player co-op games are concerned.
  9. Doom Eternal - Curiosity puts this one on the list more than anything. I thought Doom 2016 was painfully repetitive and relied too heavily on arena combat. If this game fixes those issues and makes it more like the old games, i'm sure it'll be great. I mostly just hope they make something i can play for more than 30 minute bursts without being bored to death. loving the look of some of the new demon redesigns already.
  10. Crackdown 3 - On the list because i figure i'll give it the benefit of the doubt. i don't think this is going to be good, but i LOVED the first crackdown. If this can re-capture that feeling i'll be happy. I just hope it feels like it's evolved a bit too, because the "same" won't cut it, just like it didn't for crackdown 2.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
  1. Anthem - Baldur's Gate and KotOR were two of the games that made me want to work in games. Seeing the first all-new world from BioWare in a decade is massively exciting to me <3
  2. WarCraft 3: Reforged - I have so many fond memories of playing this game for countless hours with my brother (whom I recall was super angry with my parents for having to travel with them for a weekend, allowing me to complete the campaign before him). Can't wait to see that cutscene again...
  3. Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - Putting a game with nothing but a name in third spot is admittedly super irrational, but I am hungry for a great new Star Wars singleplayer game, and I have supreme faith in Respawn after delivering two of the best action games this generation.
  4. Tom Clancy's The Division 2 - I really enjoyed the campaign of TCTD 1, but ended up finding the dark and cold winter setting a bit too depressing. With a lot more environmental diversity and color, plus all the learning from years of live service and improvements, I expect the second one to be a lot of fun.
  5. Gears 5 - My love for Gears had cooled a bit after Gears 3, but 4 was a really well done game, and the E3 trailer has piqued my curiosity. I'd love for them to dive a bit deeper into the previously teased origins and story behind the locust.
  6. Wolfenstein: Youngblood - All three of MG's Wolfenstein games were awesome, even if I usually find the shooting and controls more serviceable than great. But characters, world building and atmosphere are stellar, and I am looking forward to seeing their version of the occupied 80s (and the songs!).
  7. The Outer Worlds - Obsidian is an incredibly talented developer. Having them return to big(ger) budgets and 3d worlds is very exciting, and the trailer looked very promising.
  8. MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries - I used to play MW4 (and Mercs) religiously for over 2 years with my clan. Sadly Piranha's online game never really clicked with me, but very much looking forward to a great new singleplayer MechWarrior game.
  9. DOOM Eternal - How could I miss DOOM Eternal. The last game was incedibly fun to play, and an absolute technical marvel. Whatever that team does next was bound to be on my list.
  10. Devil May Cry 5 - I have never played the main series (only DMC), but I always liked the art direction. Since I want to try to broaden my gaming horizons a bit beyond multiplayer and open world games next year, I am keeping a close eye on DMC5.
Honorable mention: Anno 1800 - The game I am most excited about coming out next year is of course the one I have been working on for the past 20 months, but I am not gonna vote for "my own" game :p Shoutout to all of you who included it in their lists however, that is so cool to see in a year with so many promising releases.

happynaut

Jan 22, 2018
  1. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  2. Pokemon Gen 8
  3. Gears 5
  4. Resident Evil 2
  5. Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
  1. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - The first (and DE) is one of my favorite games of all time, and probably my favorite of the last 5 years. I'm so excited to see what this has in store.
  2. Devil May Cry 5 - I'm a huge DMC nut and love the whole series. This is a mustbuy for me.
  3. Yoshi's Crafted World - I'm a sucker for Yoshi, and I'm excited that there's finally a neat coop Yoshi game I can play with my wife.
  4. Pokemon Gen 8 - I buy all of these so I might as well include it.

Last edited:

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Devil May Cry 5
  2. Control
  3. Judgement
  4. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  5. Doom Eternal
  6. In the Valley of Gods
  7. Resident Evil 2

Last edited:

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Finally a Fire Emblem in HD! Loved SoV and I expect many great characters, music and action from this game. Intelligent Systems is really consistent and I'm hopeful they will deliver with this one.
  2. Yoshi's Crafted World - Absolutely loved Woolly World. High expectations for this one too.
  3. Travis Strikes Again - Little by little this title has been bringing hype. Getting the cart version ASAP.
  4. Luigi's Mansion 3 - Good to see that Luigi is still alive and fighting ghosts.
  5. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Haven't played the 8 bit version yet, but I believe in IGA
  6. Wargroove - Medieval Advance wars, that sounds appealing to me.
  7. Pokemon gen 8 - Skipped the LG games for this.
  8. Animal Crossing - First ever Animal crossing game so I still don't know if those are for me.
  9. Daemon X Machina - Fun with mechs! Reminds me of Megas XLR.
  10. Crash Team Racing - People told this was a great racing game comparable to DKR (bcause Mario Kart 64 reallly sucked IMO).

Last edited:

NoctisLC

Jun 5, 2018
1. Ace Combat 7 - Mainly for the VR. Been my dream game ever since I was a kid watching Top Gun in the 80s.
2. Anthem - Huge Destiny fan and Mass Effect fan, hoping for a great combo.
3. Bloodstained - Love IGAVanias.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
1. In the Valley of Gods - Firewatch was truly special, so was Walking Dead season 1. Loving the look of this so far.
2. The Outer Worlds - Obsidian always gets my attention, especially now when it's not rtwp combat.
3. Wasteland 3 - This is close to being second on the list, Wasteland 2 is among my absolute favorites of the crpg renaissance.
4. Disco Elysium - Hoping to see something revolutionary in the crpg genre, the promise is there.
5. Phoenix Point - Gollop originally made me fell in love with the genre, of course I'm excited about this.
6. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - The first game was beautiful and also challenging, without being frustrating.
7. Tom Clancy's The Division 2 - Something to play with friends, dark zone is intense!
8. Warcraft 3: Reforged - One of my all-time favorites in the RTS genre making it's glorious return.
9. Control - Rooting for my fellow Finns, who can do great gameplay and storytelling both.
10. Psychonauts 2 - Confession, I've never played the first game. But I've seen and read about it a lot. Tim Schafer is an industry icon and a living legend.

Honorable Mentions: Desperados 3 and Gears Tactics (never played or been been interested in Gears before). Cautiously curious about Anthem, the jetpack movement seems fun and satisfying as hell. Cyberpunk would be first though, but not sure I can put it on my list even next year.

Last edited:

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, it reminded me of GAF Goty voting in the year of Bloodborne. So many single vote ballots for Bloodborne and people jumping into correct lists with Bloodborne on them. It worked though, so worth the effort I guess. =P
There's a certain someone doing the same thing for GoW in the GOTY thread 👀

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, after much deliberation, here's my choices for my most-anticipated games of 2019. 2019 is looking to be a stellar year for games, so this was actually pretty tough. I've also included some honorable mentions because there's simply too many games.

1. Metro Exodus - I adore the Metro games. While more people are aware of them now, they really don't have the popularity they deserve. Metro Exodus looks to further refine the excellent gameplay and storytelling from the first two games. Taking everything that worked in those games and putting the cast on a trip across more open land via train is an awesome concept. I played about an hour of Metro Exodus at E3 2018 and it was already "done" then. With 4A Games having several months to polish it, I simply cannot wait for this train ride.
  2. Gears 5 - Gears of War is a franchise that I love. I've spent innumerable hours in the series and while Gears of War 4 definitely played things safe it was mechanically perfect. From what we've seen of Gears 5 so far it looks to shake things up, the environments look stunning and switching the lead to Kait is the right call. I cannot wait to see what Rod and the rest of The Coalition has come up with.
  3. Resident Evil 2 - I love horror games. The combination of Resident Evil 7: Biohazard and The Evil Within 2 in 2017 was great, so This remake looks to exceed expectations in every way. The RE engine is incredible and this game has been changed up so much from the original it's practically a new game. Apart from when I played it at E3 2018 I've intentionally avoided watching any of the new coverage. This is going to be something special and it's a phenomenal way to kick off 2019.
  4. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - FromSoftware has always delivered for me. The Dark Souls games were fantastic and Bloodborne is one of my favorite games this generation. Seeing them tackle something more action oriented, in a fantastical version of Japan, where we play as Samurai with a prosthetic limb? Heck yes.
  5. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Ori and the Blind Forest was a great game. Between the breathtaking art style, Gareth Coker's incredible music and the refined, expanded combat and metroidvania elements, what I played of this sequel at E3 was simply fantastic. I have no doubt it will be anything short of a masterpiece.
  6. DOOM Eternal - Before the 2016 reboot of DOOM, many people were questioning whether or not it would be any good, whether it could be relevant, and many, many other questions. I was optimistic and Id Software still shattered my expectations. DOOM: Eternal looks like a bigger, badder version of what we got in 2016 and that's perfectly fine. Grappling hook shotguns? More demons? Bigger settings? Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES.
  7. Rage 2 - I liked the original Rage. Doubling down on the zany, Mad Max elements, while having Id collaborate with the makers of a Mad Max game? Absolutely. I'm ready to sharpen my wingsticks and gun down mutants.
  8. Control - Remedy is a great studio with great storytelling. As a fan of both Alan Wake and Quantum Break, I'm really hoping this does well. The Northlight engine has been refined and the game looks great. Quantum Break gameplay, with a story based around an X-Files-esque division? And Remedy alumni are returning for different roles? Let's go.
  9. The Outer Worlds - A zany RPG, from the makers of Fallout: New Vegas, with the minds behind the original Fallout games, with what appears to be BioShock influence? Heck yea.
  10. Devil May Cry 5 - I'll freely admit I'm not very familiar with the older games. With that said, the reveal trailer at E3 was awesome and the demo was a blast, some camera quirks aside. I'm down to slay some demons in style.
Some honorable mentions that didn't QUITE fit the top ten:
- Crackdown 3 - Over-the-top destruction (with the power of the cloud!) in multiplayer, with an unorthodox superhero-style campaign bolstered by Terry Crews? You know what, sure. Let's do it.
- Anthem - I really, really, really, really, really, want this to be a hit. BioWare needs a win. The combat and exploration with Iron Man-style suits looks insanely awesome. Yet I'm concerned about the narrative. Here's hoping that classic BioWare storytelling pulls through in spades.
- Days Gone - No matter how hard I try, I'm simply not sold on Deacon as a protagonist. With that said, when I played Days Gone earlier this year, the combat was good and Bend has absolutely nailed the horrifying sense of an impending horde. Not to mention, Red Dead Redemption 2 has proved me dead wrong about protagonist expectations. So I'm more than ready for them to shatter my remaining doubts. I'm really looking forward to this.
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood - Wolfenstein: The New Order was a great game and I'll always be perplexed as to why it didn't get a great critical reception. With Wolfenstein: The New Colossus, Machine Games reinforced the insane action juxtaposed with a haunting, emotional narrative for B.J. A game where we get to play as his daughters in co-op? I'm down.
- Wasteland 3 - I'll admit, I haven't played the first two Wasteland games (I have downloaded Wasteland 2 and hope to play it soon). With that said, the aesthetic for Wasteland 3 is just *perfect* so I'm down to see what InXile has up their sleeves.
- Warcraft 3: Reforged - There aren't enough good RTS games these days. 2017 was a great year, between Halo Wars 2 and Total War: Warhammer 2. This remaster looks like a great way to help scratch that itch.

Goodbye

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Luigi's Mansion 3 - Where Mario ignores his little brother most of the time, Mr. Green Mario Brother Guy will risk his life to save his sorry ass. Even if it means going into a haunted mansion with a vacuum cleaner.
  2. Kingdom Hearts III - I've only played the first Kingdom Hearts for like two hours (hated the controls) but this game looks so beautiful I must play it.
  3. Wargroove - Finally, a sequel to Advance Wars
  4. The Outer Worlds - Finally, a sequel to Fallout New Vegas
  5. Shovel Knight: King of Cards - Finally, the final expansion for one of the finest indie games of all time
  6. Final Fantasy IX - Finally, the best Final Fantasy game playable on a Nintendo console
  7. Doom Eternal - More Doom? Yes please.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
  1. Resident Evil 2 - A remake of one of my favourite games of all. Looks absolutely amazing, actually expecting to like it better than the original.
  2. Metro: Exodus - Love the Metro series, this one looks like it's taking the series to the next level, can't wait for more open world type areas to explore.
  3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - The pedigree of FromSoftware has me excited for whatever game they are releasing, they are just so satisfying to play.
  4. Days Gone - I know not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm genuinely excited to dive into this world and see what it has to offer.
  5. The Outer Worlds - The Fallout we deserve!
  6. Dying Light 2 - The first Dying light was one of my biggest and most pleasant surprises of this gen, so I can't wait to dive into what Techland has for us next.
  7. Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - Until Dawn is one of my favourite games of all time, I love these sorts of cinematic choose your own advenutre games, so really looking forward to this anthology series.
  8. Control - Alan Wake was one of my favourite games of last gen and that good will still has me excited for Remedy's games, this one looks just as interesting.
  9. Atomic Heart - Don't know to much about this game, but it sort of looks a little Falloutish, Bishockish and those are great touchstones for what I hope is a great game!
  10. Anthem - I'm not actually that excited about this game, but I decided to include more for the developer than the game itself. I love Mass Effect, Dragon Age etc, I really hope Anthem is a success, I don't want them to get axed and I hope the reviews come out, they are great and I think, shit I have to get this!

Honourable Mentions
Mortal Kombat 11 - My favourite fighting series, though I don't play much fighting games but had fun with 9 and 10, maybe this will be the one where I jump fully in.
Rage 2 - Never played Rage 1 but I enjoy post apocalyptic settings, I'm hoping it has a decent story, but will probably be a wait and see game
The Sinking City - Still waiting for that great Lovecraftian game, hopefully this one gets nearer than the last one.
Twin Mirror - Love if Life is Strange, Vampyr was a great idea just not having the budget to really execute on it, unfortunately I imagine this will skew more Vampyr than LiS.
Disco Elysium - Not much of a pc gamer, but this game has me intrigued as I've bought into the hype it's getting about revolutionising rpg's.
Draugen - Been following this game for like 3 or 4 years, it went radio silent forever and I thought it was dead, but recently resurfaced looking like it's gone through a bit of an overhaul but still looks interesting.
Afterparty - Loved Oxenfree, this looks very interesting.
The Occupation - Looks like a very interesting concept for a game, like the setting.
Observation - Another really cool and interesting looking concept.
Scorn - Odd forms and somber tapestries, what more do you want?
Session - Would love a skateboarding game to be relevant again

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
  1. yoshi's crafted world - yoshi's woolly world was low-key one of the very best platformers of the last decade. it was like a 2d super mario galaxy in how it introduced new concepts with every level and featured a killer soundtrack. really looking forward to what the third dimension brings.
  2. shenmue iii - this is more of a curiosity. i don't have a strong feeling that it'll be good, but i have a feeling that it'll be something i enjoy.
  3. psychonauts 2 - the first one was an xbox classic. it's hard to remember there's another coming out, but it should be a pretty rad 3d platformer.
  4. fire emblem: three houses - i wasn't up on fates, but shadows of valencia was pretty great and much more my speed. here's to hoping this game brings in more of the latter.
  5. bloodstained: ritual of the night - totally down for a new igavania. never played the xbox 360 game so this is the first since 2008 for me.
  6. pokemon gen 8 - i'm not the biggest pokemon fan out there, but i'm always down for a new gen pokemon game.
  7. luigi's mansion 3 - i have fuzzy warm memories of the first game. if nintendo makes part 3 closer to that than dark moon, i'd be pretty happy.
  8. kingdom hearts iii - i don't really want to play this that bad. it's just that i used to be a big fan of the series and only followed the numerical releases. pretty sure i can expect camp the entire way through and literally nothing else, but i'm hoping there's something in there that reminds me why i loved the series in the first place.
  9. resident evil 2 - re0, remake, and re4 were the first resident evil games i played. i do not do well with horror games, so this is riding on my love for resident evil 7 and the 20 years of good word of mouth for the original re2.
  10. devil may cry 5 - this would be my first foray back into the franchise after not playing 2-4. with bayonetta 3 likely launching next year or in 2020, it'll be fun to play the games relatively back-to-back

lumzi23

Jan 16, 2018
  1. Anthem - It's Bioware. I really hope it's good.
  2. Gears 5
  3. Dead or Alive 6
  4. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  5. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  6. The Outer Worlds
  7. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Last edited: