• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
Bleh-- First look at the baked in user highlight does not look easily over-writable unless we continue with the method we have been doing-- Forcing people to enter their username in.

For now, if you update my style please remember to check Advanced Style Settings and type in your user name, so that the current highlight color is overwritten with something that is slightly darker.

Darkflight

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, too bright compared to Iso's theme for me and the changed width has me looking left all the time now rather than at the middle of the screen, had no issue with the previous padding

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For ResetEra (Dark w/ Orange), there are double links at the bottom of the page when you are in a thread.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
For ResetEra (Dark w/ Orange), there are double links at the bottom of the page when you are in a thread.
Already fixed, please update.

Yeah, too bright compared to Iso's theme for me and the changed width has me looking left all the time now rather than at the middle of the screen, had no issue with the previous padding

I have changed my Page Width option: Original is now Slim and restores the older 85% width that the site used to have.

I'll look into the default highlight color when I get home but for now please use my advanced style settings and enter your username.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Hey guys.

Any possibility to use custom themes on mobile phones? Now the official dark theme is here but unfortunately, it doesn't have any real black in it. My Super AMOLED screen on my phone could use this really really good like on the old GAF theme cause everywhere where's black is the panel of the screen turned off which looks awesome and saves a huge amount of battery.

I'm sad. :/

Darkflight

Oct 27, 2017

I have changed my Page Width option: Original is now Slim and restores the older 85% width that the site used to have.

I'll look into the default highlight color when I get home but for now please use my advanced style settings and enter your username.
Excellent, thank you!

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Iso Highlighted first unread post is back. :(

EDIT: What's weird is it's not always highlighted. Now I'm confused.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Thanks.

Lain

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Personally I prefer Iso's dark theme to the official one, so I'm gonna keep using that. I just hope this baked in highlight for unread posts can be removed easily because I find it too distracting and... useless (clicking on a thread already brings me to the first unread post, what need do I have to also highlight that post).

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
Iso Highlighted first unread post is back. :(

EDIT: What's weird is it's not always highlighted. Now I'm confused.

It defaults to yes when you update. Also I have the User Highlight Color set to the same color as the Highlight First Post, so if you have first post highlight off but your own posts highlighted with my default color that's why.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bleh-- First look at the baked in user highlight does not look easily over-writable unless we continue with the method we have been doing-- Forcing people to enter their username in.

For now, if you update my style please remember to check Advanced Style Settings and type in your user name, so that the current highlight color is overwritten with something that is slightly darker.
how do i access advanced style settings?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
New dark theme is good, but I still like Resetera Dark Desatch the best. The only problem it has now (as far as I'm aware) is that highlighted posts are unreadable when you use the official dark theme at the same time (which I do because I'll use that theme on my phone).

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Quite a few little things that I prefer with your theme remz, especially the font, so I hope you continue updating. It would actually be pretty cool if you were able to collaborate on the official dark theme.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It defaults to yes when you update. Also I have the User Highlight Color set to the same color as the Highlight First Post, so if you have first post highlight off but your own posts highlighted with my default color that's why.
La3xZSWl.png

First unread post is still highlighted. And like I said, it doesn't highlight the first unread post in every thread.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda like the purple bar for the Breadcrumbs. Anyway to keep that in your theme Iso ?

Mmm I just added it as an option and then removed-- It will take a bit more work to get it working how I want it. No promises but I will try. The problem is if you keep it purple and change nothing else, then the links look weird as when you hover over them they also turn purple.

how do i access advanced style settings?

Below the description when you go to install/update the style:

dYjNL65.png

La3xZSWl.png

First unread post is still highlighted. And like I said, it doesn't highlight the first unread post in every thread.

Fixed.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmmm...think I'm sticking with Iso's theme. Shheeeeeit that's how good of a job you dide, matey.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
Did anything break Iso 's theme? I may have to stick with that one. I think it's better so far.

Only thing is that if you actually post (aka not lurker/don't have an account) you HAVE to enter your username in the Highlight User Posts settings on my theme-- otherwise the forums default highlight takes over and it is far too bright for my theme.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Only thing is that if you actually post (aka not lurker/don't have an account) you HAVE to enter your username in the Highlight User Posts settings on my theme-- otherwise the forums default highlight takes over and it is far too bright for my theme.
Thanks for the quick response. Was doing that anyways. Back to your theme!

ara

Oct 26, 2017
You know, I think I'm gonna stick with Iso 's theme too for now. I don't like the purples so I'm glad they're nowhere to see here, and I like the orange ERA logos as unread indicators.

Good job dude.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys.

Any possibility to use custom themes on mobile phones? Now the official dark theme is here but unfortunately, it doesn't have any real black in it. My Super AMOLED screen on my phone could use this really really good like on the old GAF theme cause everywhere where's black is the panel of the screen turned off which looks awesome and saves a huge amount of battery.

I'm sad. :/

Only way to userstyles on mobile is to install Firefox and follow the same procedure as on desktop. Chrome doesn't allow it, other Chromium browsers often don't either.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like how the new style highlights the first unread post in the thread (when you click on the unread link). I removed that with this:

Code:
.message:target, 
.messageList .message:target .messageUserInfo, 
.messageList .message:target:nth-child(even), 
.messageList .message:target:nth-child(even) .messageUserInfo {
    background-color: inherit;
}

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Updated.

This is the color code that makes Iso's theme for me more practical at the moment - 1E1E1E. Add it in the Highlight User Color.

Last edited:

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, I'm not opposed to changing the unread highlight color/default highlight user posts color-- But I'm pretty colorblind so I do my best to find colors that seem suitable (to me!).

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
By the way, I'm not opposed to changing the unread highlight color/default highlight user posts color-- But I'm pretty colorblind so I do my best to find colors that seem suitable (to me!).
I honestly like the one that's there pretty well. I think it sticks out, but it's not blinding or distracting.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
Realized my target post highlight was still working on even numbered posts, even if you had the option turned off-- this has been fixed (I hope!).

Last edited:

Archer

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I love it and prefer it, but wish it wasn't as purple. That being said, great work, happy to see it.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iso, any chance to get light gray icons for threads without unread posts instead of the current empty space? Makes it look a lot more consistent I think.
Code:
.discussionListItem h3::before {
    display: block;
    width: 20px;
    height: 20px;
    background-size: 102px 20px;
    content: "";
    background-image: url(https://storage.googleapis.com/resetera-filelocker/logo_2.png);
    overflow: hidden;
    -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); filter: grayscale(100%);
    position: absolute;
    left: 10px;
    top: 15px;
}

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Iso, any chance to get light gray icons for threads without unread posts instead of the current empty space? Makes it look a lot more consistent I think.
Code:
    background-image: url(https://storage.googleapis.com/resetera-filelocker/logo_2.png);
}
I agree. It's something I've already added back to my personal version of his dark skin.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
Code:
}

I agree. It's something I've already added back to my personal version of his dark skin.

Done. I had it in for a brief moment when I added the ResetEra logo option but removed it due to personal preference. Doesn't make a huge deal either way so I've gone ahead and re-added it.