• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure this is skin related... but suddenly everytime someone quotes me, it appears as this pinkish white rectangle...

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the updates. Looks good now. Dark w/ Purple is stylish as fuck.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
The highlighting of the first unread post is a neat idea that'd be cool to retain in these unofficial themes.
Added to mine.

I think I've pretty much caught up with all the changes, nothing is immediately sticking out anymore. If anyone notices something I missed let me know. Actually found some things that were unskinned pre-update so this was good!

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
another dark theme with included fixes for v1.1 ResetEra forum https://userstyles.org/styles/150319/resetera-dark

37993532042_562de963eb_b.jpg

38024336301_19fd085500_b.jpg
This is by far my favorite one.

Alerts dropdown isn't themed with everything else, but I can easily fix that myself.

And since it's been a billion pages since I last posted it, if anyone wants to change the width of the boards with any of these themes, just edit this into the theme css:

.pageWidth {
padding-right: 5px;
padding-left: 5px;
margin: 0 auto;
box-sizing: border-box;
max-width: 1400px;
width: 53%;
}

Change the percentage to what you want, of course, but that should do it.

OP
OP
A Strong Latte
Oct 25, 2017
I'm rushing a lil bit but my themes should be way less nasty with the main site updates now. Please update from userstyles!

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
This is nice and pretty slick, but why did the author have to change the logo color?

Is there any way to revert it back to original? Which lines should I edit?

Removing these lines did the trick for me:

#logo {
width: 261px;
height: 52px;
background-image: url('https://abload.de/img/resetera-logo74ja7.png');
background-size: contain;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

#logo img {
display: none;
}

#logo a {
display: block;
height: 100%;
width: 100%;
}

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is nice and pretty slick, but why did the author have to change the logo color?

Is there any way to revert it back to original? Which lines should I edit?

Code:
to
Code:
background-image: url('https://storage.googleapis.com/resetera-filelocker/logo_2.png');

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Removing these lines did the trick for me:

#logo {
width: 261px;
height: 52px;
background-size: contain;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

#logo img {
display: none;
}

#logo a {
height: 100%;
width: 100%;
}
Thanks, I only changed the image url to the default logo url and that did the trick.

Any way to revert the avatars back to the original square?

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you guys don't like the small unread dot I have a different solution.
8nZ4t3t.png
VPU7H7t.png

Can even change the color.
Code:
.discussionListItem .titleText {
 padding-left: 40px !important;   
}
.discussionListItem h3::before {
    width: 20px;
    height: 20px;
    background-size: 102px 20px;
    content: "";
    background-image: url(https://storage.googleapis.com/resetera-filelocker/logo_2.png);
    overflow: hidden;
    -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); filter: grayscale(100%);
    position: absolute;
    left: 10px;
    top: 15px;
}
.unreadLink .fa {
    width: 20px;
    height: 20px;
    background-size: 102px 20px;
    content: "";
    background-image: url(https://storage.googleapis.com/resetera-filelocker/logo_2.png);
    overflow: hidden;
    position: absolute;
    left: 5px;
    top: 5px;
    font-size: 0px;
    filter: hue-rotate(0deg);
}
To change the color just change the last line of "filter:hue-rotate(0deg);" to a different degree 0-360. Example "filter:hue-rotate(90deg);"

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway to get Stylish on an iOS browser? Site looks great with Iso's theme on my PC but damn still blinding on my phone.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway to get Stylish on an iOS browser? Site looks great with Iso's theme on my PC but damn still blinding on my phone.
You might try the "Smart Invert Colors" option in the Accessibility options. It does a decent job...although some image colors are still inverted, which looks weird. You can map it to triple-clicking the Home button, so you're not stuck with it all the time.

As for Stylish itself? Nope, not that I've seen.

Pagano

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Maybe it's just me, but I think the thread-list (e.g. EtcetEra & Video Games) and each post need a bit more padding:

Thread-list:
Code:
.discussionListItem {   
    padding-top: 5px;
    padding-bottom: 5px;
}

.messageList .message {
    background-color: #3b3b3b;
    color: white;
    border: none;
    padding-top: 10px;
    padding-bottom: 10px;
}

.messageMeta {   
}

.postInfo {   
}

Looks less cluttered, IMO.

Without & with padding:

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
For those using mine, I just pushed the second update to fix some of the things I missed earlier (like never touching the main page of the forums...I totally forgot about that). Thanks to excelsiorlef for pointing out things.

https://userstyles.org/styles/150318/reset-era-dark-angelus-edits-v2

Aaaaand I just realized the mention pop up hasn't been changed. Le sigh lol
Thanks for the update. I knew it that I like your theme the most after all.

However, there's a minor issue with the quoted box, the text is white and unreadable.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Thanks for the update. I knew it that I like your theme the most after all.

However, there's a minor issue with the quoted box, the text is white and unreadable.

Search for [data-author="Angelus Errare"], and replace it with your username.

Updated it to prompt users for their username. It'll insert your username in the correct place so quote highlighting works correctly.

Edit 2: Since I've learned you can do variables via stylish's website in a way, I'm going to go back in tomorrow and set up the theme so people can enter in their own colors, fonts, and other things.

Last edited:

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what's going wrong, my colours are freaking out sometimes. I'm using Angelus' and most of the time it works fine but here's what happens, if I reload the page a couple of times it can switch back and forth. The top is how I want it to always look.

l4e5rze.png

"Go to first unread" also makes the background the same colour as my posts.

Anyone else getting this or did I just screw up somewhere?

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure what's going wrong, my colours are freaking out sometimes. I'm using Angelus' and most of the time it works fine but here's what happens, if I reload the page a couple of times it can switch back and forth. The top is how I want it to always look.

l4e5rze.png

"Go to first unread" also makes the background the same colour as my posts.

Anyone else getting this or did I just screw up somewhere?

You didn't mess it up. I believe the first unread post of any thread will be highlighted in that color as a native feature of the board.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at this very thread, when the 1st post is highlighted, mine stay grey, which is weird to me, refreshing the page so there are no new posts and mine get their highlight back. If I change which colour the 1st post is highlighted as, will it display both or should I just try and disable the 1st unread?

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Search for [data-author="Angelus Errare"], and replace it with your username.

Updated it to prompt users for their username. It'll insert your username in the correct place so quote highlighting works correctly.

Edit 2: Since I've learned you can do variables via stylish's website in a way, I'm going to go back in tomorrow and set up the theme so people can enter in their own colors, fonts, and other things.
Thanks, but it still doesn't work. My quoted post is still white.

E: it works now after the 2nd update. Thanks!