• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deaf Spacker

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Made a separate branch with more updates for mine.

M50sC1V.jpg

m0ur6Da.jpg

https://userstyles.org/styles/150318/reset-era-dark-angelus-edits-v2

This is the first custom theme I've installed and I'm liking it a lot, thank you.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
The font size on these is just too small. I appreciate all the work y'all are doing though, but if someone could perhaps bump the font size up in their version, that'd be creat.

I'm using Iso and it's great, but the font size is killing me.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The urge to get an unofficial dark theme is strong, but I'll rather wait until the official one gets out... On that note, could someone with a dark theme tell me if my Avatar is still visible on a darker background? Thx.

Eldy

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
The urge to get an unofficial dark theme is strong, but I'll rather wait until the official one gets out... On that note, could someone with a dark theme tell me if my Avatar is still visible on a darker background? Thx.

It shows up well against lighter shaded posts. Rather less so against the alternating darker shaded posts, though it's still visible.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looking good so far. I wish this existed for Safari.
It does exist for Safari. Click Safari in your toolbar, then Safari Extensions, then choose to install Stylish. After you do that, come back to this thread and click on one of the links and it will install that theme. I would warn you though about clicking on more than one Dark theme. Stylish appeared to mix the two when I did that and text ended up running off my screen. I went into Stylish and both were selected, so I deleted one and now everything is working great.

The theme I chose was the first one in the OP. The second one from ISO does not work in Safari. It's an ugly mix of white and black backgrounds.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
The white background bug on firefox mobile went away with one of the updates then came back :(

Oct 27, 2017
USA
How would one go about making Sticky threads have a highlighted background?

EDIT: Edit, never mind, found it. My searching skills have failed me.

bud

Oct 27, 2017
can someone create a theme that rips off gaf? is such a thing even possible?

i miss its cleanness, simplicity, and aesthetics.

Dre

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you very much for this. This will do until the official dark theme arrives.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the site's design changed a bit just now ? I was in the middle of fiddling with some skins and got a bit confused lol.
Yep. A few changes made. Post spacing is reduced making them more condensed, the font is smaller, the quote/reply buttons are just text with icons now, the report button is tiny. Post number moved to top right. Borders between posts, too.

I think the only thing I don't really like is the smaller font. Harder to read.
I might like to get just a little of that post spacing back, too. Feels cramped seeing "member" crammed up against the bottom border like that.

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. A few changes made. Post spacing is reduced making them more condensed, the font is smaller, the quote/reply buttons are just text with icons now, the report button is tiny. Post number moved to top right. Borders between posts, too.

I think the only thing I don't really like is the smaller font. Harder to read.
I might like to get just a little of that post spacing back, too. Feels cramped seeing "member" crammed up against the bottom border like that.
I think it looks closer to the old site now tho.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Whatever they changed made the dark theme unreadable on Safari. Looks like I'm back to eye-piercing white.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of elements on the forum is changing right now, I'm updating my styles ASAP to fix. The Sticky/Normal bars are kind of fixed (1 px short for some reason, something I've done is causing it to shrink a bit). Looks like they've removed the fixed minimum size on posts and removed the underline under usernames so will remove those as well.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
yeah there was an update to the site layout, the themes will need to get updated. hopefully it doesnt take too much time :p

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
The highlighting of the first unread post is a neat idea that'd be cool to retain in these unofficial themes.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
It seems that when loading a new page, sometimes there's a split second where the header flashes to white.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
It seems that when loading a new page, sometimes there's a split second where the header flashes to white.
It only happens when refreshing a thread, refreshing the main pages seem fine... Not sure what causes it. Also if you click on your list of conversations, the Replies/Participants column is busted. Not any theme causing this, it's happening without a custom theme as well.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Orange/Purple dark theme is awesome Iso! I know it wasn't intentional but I like the spooky colors for the season.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
I've already posted this in the technical issues thread, but this is broken for everyone, not just userstyles. It also looks like the 'Sticky threads'/'Normal threads' banner being 1 pixel shorter than the actual thread list is how it is on the default site as well, you just can see it due to the white colors. Took a screenshot and inverted the colors and yep, it's short there as well.

The conversations thread list has a busted Replies/Participants column after the update. Font seems to be too large:

68j7kGH.png

Code blocks seemingly have word wrap turned off?

MNGjGHt.png

Last edited:

pestul

Oct 25, 2017
If I do 'update styles' through the Firefox Stylus Add-on options page, is that effectively downloading the latest version? It seems to have worked.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas