• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

APF

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Is it at all possible to add permanent links to each board (Video Games, Hangouts, EtcetEra, Hangouts) in the top and bottom nav bars? I don't know CSS so I don't know if this is a stupid question.
CSS is more or less just changing the display of existing content, vs adding new stuff. There are extensions like Greasemonkey which allow you to add userscripts which manipulate behavior, add elements, etc using JS instead.

EDIT: here's a thread with some userscript talk https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-live-thread-userscript.2051/

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
I made a couple of minor tweaks to the message footer area:

Code:
.editDate {
    margin-bottom: 5px;
}
.messageMeta,
.privateControls,
.publicControls {
    display: flex;
    align-items: center;
}
.messageMeta {
    justify-content: space-between;
    margin: 0 0 0 -5px;
}
.report {
    opacity: 0.25;
    transition: 0.25s opacity linear;
}
.report:hover {
    opacity: 1;
}
Do you mind if I add this code to my theme? Quite like the effect on the report button and the fixed position of the time/post number.
Not a big fan of completely removing the report button all together, this seems like a nice alternative.

Mmm on second thought I just noticed it breaks some other stuff. My theme was compatible with the Live Thread script someone wrote but this pushes the buttons around there as well.

Edit: Managed to fix it by removing publicControls from the statement and then added this to get the position set for the post number:

Code:
.message .publicControls .item {
    padding-top: 5px;
}

Last edited:

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is more of a forum question itself, but is there a way to get email notifications every time you get a PM reply?

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Thank you so much for this OP.

The white theme was honestly hurting my eyes and hard to read. This works great until the official dark theme comes.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I was better at css editing. I can't seem to figure this out. Does anyone know how to make the sticky/pinned threads a different color or have a better visual indication? Or is it not possible to distinguish those from regular threads?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, thank you.

I kind of prefer brighter colors since dark forums can feel kind of gloomy but like others have said, this is much easier on the eyes.

Last edited:

Doorakz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First time using anything custom like this.... what's the best way to install/use this theme? I clicked Install style as userscript and windows came at me with a bunch of warnings.

Thanks for the help!

Dragonfly224

Oct 25, 2017
USA
First time using anything custom like this.... what's the best way to install/use this theme? I clicked Install style as userscript and windows came at me with a bunch of warnings.

Thanks for the help!

Are you on Chrome or Firefox?
Download Stylus or Stylish extension 1st.
Then go back to the userstyle webpage and click on Install Style.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I was better at css editing. I can't seem to figure this out. Does anyone know how to make the sticky/pinned threads a different color or have a better visual indication? Or is it not possible to distinguish those from regular threads?
Add:
Code:
.sticky{
    background-color:#1c2b1b!important;
}

And change the hex color to whatever you want.

bruhh

Oct 26, 2017
You can hide stickies with:

Code:
.sticky {
  display:none;
}

Maybe a little extreme though. Trying it out makes you appreciate the simplicity without useless threads clogging things up.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I didn't like any of the colours for the sticky threads so I went with this instead.

Code:
.sticky{
    opacity: 0.50 !important;
}

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Made a separate branch with more updates for mine.

M50sC1V.jpg

m0ur6Da.jpg

https://userstyles.org/styles/150318/reset-era-dark-angelus-edits-v2

Last edited:

Typo

Oct 27, 2017
This is an awesome theme! Hopefully the official one, whenever it comes out, takes some design notes from this one.

Turbowaffles

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love the design, it legit looks great. But since I'd have to download a third party thing to use it I'll probably pass.

It really does look good though and hopefully some aspects of it are in the official dark theme when it releases.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
You should definitely update your list OP with this one,

Resetera - Black & White by Aleks Dorohovich
https://userstyles.org/styles/150319/resetera-dark

I will be currently using this one and modify it in the future as some colour preferences, i.e blue around main sections and purple using for search icon, are subject to change.

However, l would advice the administration team to seriously consider the colouring used for the "Resetera" logo as l would argue that it is the superior version for the Dark theme.