• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am waiting for the official dark theme because I'm assuming it will work with Opera but for the time being I am using FF on android. It's because using mobile data on FF can be very costly whilst opera has a huge data saver and I'm sure theres no workaround for this at the time being.

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks so much for this. I can't view white pages for long on my monitor without getting a headache. I love you.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So, I tried downloading this on my phone (chrome browser, android) but it doesn't seem to be an option.

Any workarounds?

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
2rcr32q.jpg

Modified this a bit to make the profile drop down nicer looking (At least in my opinion). It's kind of made specifically for the purple color scheme so I'm not sure how it'd work with the orange one, but if you want just add this to the end of the CSS using the UserStyles edit (Unless it gets added to it officially):

Code:
div#AccountMenu {
    width: 335px !important;
}
div#AccountMenu > div.menuColumns > ul.blockLinksList > li {
    padding: .32em !important;
    margin: .25em !important;
    background: rgb(80,50,80) !important;
    border: 1px solid rgb(80,0,80) !important;
    transition: all .3s ease !important;
}
div#AccountMenu > div.menuColumns > ul.blockLinksList > li:hover {
    background: rgb(100,60,100) !important;
}
div#AccountMenu > div.menuColumns > ul.blockLinksList > li > a, ul.blockLinksList > li > form > label {
    width: 130px !important;
}
div#AccountMenu > div.menuColumns > ul.blockLinksList > li > a, ul.blockLinksList > li > form > label {
    width: 130px !important;
}
div#AccountMenu > div.menuColumns > ul.blockLinksList > li > a > i {
    margin-left: -4% !important;
    padding-right: 9% !important;
    width: .75em !important;
}
div#AccountMenu > div > ul.links > li {
    padding: .75em !important;
    background: rgb(80,50,80) !important;
    border: 1px solid rgb(80,0,80) !important;
    cursor: pointer !important;
}
div#AccountMenu > div > ul.links > li:hover {
    background: rgb(100,60,100) !important;
}

Oct 25, 2017
My edits, muted purples, and changes to messages in threads
https://userstyles.org/styles/150229/reset-era-angelus-personal-edits

Also I didn't use media queries so I'm not sure how it'll look on mobile.

I love this one. Very close to the ideal in my mind.
Iso's was great but a little too dark for me, Remy's desaturated version was just about perfect and I've been using it for a couple days, yours is much like Remy's but with a couple additions and tweaks that just sweeten the deal. The shades of purple are juuuuuuuust right.
Admins should take note of this variant when implementing their own dark theme.

Of course I had to go in and change user highlighting from you to me but that was not hard.
The report button was driving me crazy so its removal will help for now until it's properly moved, ill just have to turn off the theme if I need to report any posts. But that's rare anyways.

Last edited:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been a code made so that your posts are highlighted a different color than the rest?

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yes! thank you so much for this. now i can browse the site at night without blinding myself with the white.

Tensuke

Oct 27, 2017
Really digging Iso's dark theme, plus highlighting your own posts is really nice. Should be a good stopgap until an official theme comes out.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the dumb question but how do I remove the Report button. I looked thru the script but couldn't figure it out.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for making the theme!

I added this bit in the end because it felt to me as if posts were sort of blending together (so this adds a white line between them):
Code:
li.message {
    border-bottom: solid 1px !important;
}

But I don't think most people will want that.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, guys!
I'm using a combination of Iso 's and Angelus Errare 's including turning most of the fonts to 8pt Verdana and unitalicizing everything so I can read (maybe I have mild dylexia. Who knows!). lol

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I tried changing the font-size of the thread list and it makes it a lot more legible. Hope that the official theme has a larger font-size

APF

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I made a couple of minor tweaks to the message footer area:

Code:
.editDate {
    margin-bottom: 5px;
}
.messageMeta,
.privateControls,
.publicControls {
    display: flex;
    align-items: center;
}
.messageMeta {
    justify-content: space-between;
    margin: 0 0 0 -5px;
}
.report {
    opacity: 0.25;
    transition: 0.25s opacity linear;
}
.report:hover {
    opacity: 1;
}

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Is it at all possible to add permanent links to each board (Video Games, Hangouts, EtcetEra, Hangouts) in the top and bottom nav bars? I don't know CSS so I don't know if this is a stupid question.

Phire Phox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On the other forum, I always used the white theme. But that dark theme looks sexy. Might have to switch