• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017

January-Thread-of-the-month-2.png

The January thread of the month contest nomination thread as well as the general FAQ and full rules for the event can be found here!

Welcome all! Now that the January Thread of the Month Nomination period has come and gone it's time for all of you to vote on which thread you enjoyed the most and feel deserves to take the top spot!

Voting Thread FAQ

How were the thread of the month finalists chosen?

During the nomination period users were asked to nominate and post threads that they felt were thought provoking, well written, creative, fun, attracted a lot of user engagement and more. The threads listed below were just some of the threads many era users felt were deserving to be nominated for thread of the month in January! (See below for the complete list of categories and threads that are up for vote).

Is there a limit to how many threads I can vote for?
Yes.

Due to the sheer amount of thread finalists there is a limit of ONE (1) thread per category (Gaming, EtceEra, OT) that can be voted for per user for a maximum of THREE (3) votes total.

I'm the thread creator, can I vote for my own thread?
Unfortunately no.

This is to avoid a situation where everyone just uses their 3 thread votes to vote on their own threads.

How do I vote for one of the thread finalists?
1) Click on the "Vote" button directly below the reply box on the left side.

Vote1.png

2) Type at least part of the title of the thread you want to vote for in the revealed field.

Vote2.png

3) Scroll through the list of suggested matches until you find the thread that you want to vote for and select it. The thread you selected should now appear at the bottom of the reply box.

Vote.png

4) Repeat Steps 1 through 3 until you have 3 threads, one for each of the 3 categories, selected. The order of the 3 selected threads does not matter.

Vote3.png

5) Once you are confident and happy with your choices hit the post button and cast your ballot.

Vote4.png

What does the thread creator for each of the three winning thread categories win?

Great question!

Have you ever seen a member with a special tag under their username? Well the OT creator for each of the 3 category winners each month will get their very own Era tag! So fancy!

If you don't know what a tag is, it's text that appears directly under your username that is separate from the standard "Member" text every user has (see below).

Screenshot-7.png

Tags are usually handled out on the rare occasion, usually during special events, due to a user making a noteworthy post or any other number of reasons. And if that's not enough, the winner for each thread category will also receive 1 month of Era Clear ad-free browsing!

Misc.

If there are any other questions you may have that haven't been answered in the above FAQ please feel free to ask!

Good luck to all who enter!

List of Thread Finalists

Gaming Thread Finalists
www.resetera.com

Colorism in video games (Open spoilers)

Before I start: I just want to make it clear that you can like a character, game, an artist, a publisher, etc. in isolation while still acknowledging that looked at within the greater context, that thing you like might be contributing to the reinforcement of harmful stereotypes or imagery that...

www.resetera.com

52 Games. 1 Year. 2021.

A thread for people that are trying to play 52 games in a year. Tell us how you're doing and what you are going to play next - claim a post and update us on your progress. How do I take part? Claim a post (you may need two later). Write down each game and your thoughts about each one. In...

www.resetera.com

Playing Sekiro for the first time - Any tips?

Hey Everybody, I just picked up Sekiro for the 1st time. I have played Demon Souls on ps5 already and got recommended this game by so many great people. The big issue is, I am having severe difficulties progressing, I have no problems going through Dark Souls or Demon Souls, but this game for...

www.resetera.com

You

I adore this guy

www.resetera.com

Bloodborne is an amazing game if you’re an arachnophobe

TOXI, IF YOU’RE READING THIS, YOU CAN’T DEFEND SPIDERS IN HERE. Lemme just say that I skipped the shit out of Brightstone Cove Tseldora in DS2. Well, not really. I eventually got to the room where you have to slowly traverse a giant web while there’s spiders coming to kill you and I started...

www.resetera.com

20 years LTTP | Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

I originally got a copy of Soul Reaver in my younger years back in the olden days of the Playstation, but the fartherest I made it into the game was reaching the vortex of souls and...stopping. I dunno, maybe my younger self was too spooked or confused on how to progress, despite Raziel and the...

Ecetera Thread Finalists
www.resetera.com

Hip-Hop legend MF DOOM has passed away at the age of 49

2020 is fucking INSANE! RIP to a legend! Edit: I'll add other sources confirming the news as they're released.

www.resetera.com

Friendship ended with PogChamp, now I am...

Thanks to some absolute Qanon shithead who thinks fomenting violence against the government is a good idea, I've been banned off Twitch. Even though I love the sentiment and energy behind the emote itself, I don't really want to rep this dudes face anymore. But what's next? Y'all decide, both my...

www.resetera.com

Terrorist invasion of Capitol building by Trump/MAGA supporters; shots fired, Senate evacuated, 5 dead including cop [See threadmarks for updates]'

Previous thread was closed for questionable source. This info is coming first hand from Congresspeople and reporters. This is not questionable. This is happening.

www.resetera.com

Is english your native language?

This thread made me wonder: https://www.resetera.com/threads/when-someone-on-a-place-like-resetera-types-something-incorrectly-is-it-worth-pointing-it-out-to-them.356167/ How many Era users are actually english native speakers ? If you're not a native speaker, how did you learn ? When I was...

www.resetera.com

Terrorist Trump Cultists Begin Getting Arrested And Fired From Jobs

Be sceptical about videos of people being arrested at airports. So far every video I've seen posted in this thread is from an older event, not anything to do with last weeks terrorist attack.

www.resetera.com

i hate movies

why do they always act like awkward interactions in movies are "cute" and "quirky" when in real life it's just torture? this needs to STOP.

www.resetera.com

Kraft Dinner releases limited edition pink candy KD for Valentines Day (Canada).

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/kraft-dinner-releases-limited-edition-pink-candy-kd-for-valentine-s-day-862736747.html Hmm, sweet mac n' cheese.

OT Thread Finalists

www.resetera.com

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2021 | This is the first time i've realised how big it is!

The Next Batman #1 By Ridley, Derington, Thomas, Kumar, Jenkins, Herbert - Gotham City has always been dangerous—but now, it's downright deadly! Following the tragedy of "A-Day," the mayor allowed the private law enforcement group known as the Magistrate to take over policing so-called mask...

www.resetera.com

2021 PC Screenshot Thread PC - Screenshots - OT

Cyberpunk header coutesy of nattydread See the 2020 thread here Limits: 3 screenshots per post. Spamming: No more than 3 consecutive posts. Naming: Always include the name of the game with the screenshots. Not everyone is a game encyclopedia. Compression: Don't OVERLY compress your screens or...

Time left in the January 2021 thread of the month contest voting period
Feb 25, 2021 at 11:59 PM

Snow-Banner.png

OP
OP
Nilou

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I'll go ahead and make the first vote!

[x] [gaming] Colorism in video games (Open spoilers)
[x] [etc] Is english your native language?
[x] [OT] 2021 PC Screenshot Thread

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
[x] [gaming] You
[x] [etc] Terrorist invasion of Capitol building by Trump/MAGA supporters; shots fired, Senate evacuated, 5 dead including cop [See threadmarks for updates]'

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
[x] [etc] Terrorist invasion of Capitol building by Trump/MAGA supporters; shots fired, Senate evacuated, 5 dead including cop [See threadmarks for updates]
[x] [OT] COMICS!!! |OT| January 2021 | This is the first time i've realised how big it is!

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
[x] [etc] Is english your native language?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
[x] [etc] Friendship ended with PogChamp, now I am...

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
[x] [gaming] You
[x] [etc] Terrorist invasion of Capitol building by Trump/MAGA supporters; shots fired, Senate evacuated, 5 dead including cop [See threadmarks for updates]'
[x] [OT] COMICS!!! |OT| January 2021 | This is the first time i've realised how big it is!

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Typographenia

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
[x] [etc] Hip-Hop legend MF DOOM has passed away at the age of 49

Smitington

Oct 27, 2017
Denver
[x] [gaming] You

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México

RXM027

Dec 18, 2020

myojinsoga

Oct 29, 2017
I think the colorism thread is very high value (I should probably read it). But I'm voting for my nom!

Congratulations to all nominees and contributors to those threads. And thanks to all involved in organising the competition ...

[x] [gaming] Playing Sekiro for the first time - Any tips?

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
[x] [etc] Terrorist Trump Cultists Begin Getting Arrested And Fired From Jobs

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
[x] [gaming] 20 years LTTP | Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Giant Panda

Oct 25, 2017

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Comics!

[x] [gaming] 52 Games. 1 Year. 2021.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Best community thread on the site.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to all the people who are voting for the Comics thread. We'd love to get new members and we are quite welcoming even if you only like manga. Drop by and check us out.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Messi is one of my best friends here and he does a great job with the Comics threads each month. I passed off responsibilities to him in the old days when I decided I couldn't keep up with the work anymore and I know he puts in the time and care it deserves. Beyond that, he's always been friendly and welcoming to new posters and tries his best to be inclusive where he can. Bless up to the homie 🙏

Ferda

The Fallen
Jan 25, 2019
Portland, OR

Sep 10, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.