• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eligibility Requirements
OP
OP
Nilou

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder, for a thread to be eligible it must have been made between January 1st and January 31st.

Lastly this thread is just for nominating threads with a link to said thread, NOT for actual voting. A separate, dedicated voting thread will be made in early February!

Thank you!

Dec 3, 2018
I would like to nominate this little thread, asking for tips as a newbie to Sekiro:

www.resetera.com

Playing Sekiro for the first time - Any tips?

Hey Everybody, I just picked up Sekiro for the 1st time. I have played Demon Souls on ps5 already and got recommended this game by so many great people. The big issue is, I am having severe difficulties progressing, I have no problems going through Dark Souls or Demon Souls, but this game for...

Rationale: This is a notoriously challenging and yet broadly popular game. In this thread, in post after post, we were simply treated to a lot of helpful and friendly advice for how to get the most from the game. Veterans picked up some things they'd missed, and newcomers like myself were assisted to get themselves a toe-hold. Therefore I'm nominating the thread, as being both informative and collegiate, and the OP from Reigning Empire, as having successfully initiated an open and productive discussion.

Thanks!
That is really nice of you man!

Nomination limit increased from one total between the three catagories to one from each catagory for a total of three nominations per user allowed
OP
OP
Nilou

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Tweaked the rules a little bit. Anyone is now able to nominate one thread from each of the 3 categories (Gaming, Ecetera, OT) for a total of 3 nominations per user in total!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
For OT category, nominating

www.resetera.com

2021 PC Screenshot Thread PC - Screenshots - OT

Cyberpunk header coutesy of nattydread See the 2020 thread here Limits: 3 screenshots per post. Spamming: No more than 3 consecutive posts. Naming: Always include the name of the game with the screenshots. Not everyone is a game encyclopedia. Compression: Don't OVERLY compress your screens or...

As a yearly thread it's only eligible this month, but it's a great thread full of very talented people showcasing the beauty of video games. The console screenshot thread is great too, but I'd feel too biased nominating it as I'm more active in it, and, if I'm being honest, while the PC one has a bit less activity, the quality shot/post ratio seems higher overall, no doubt due to all the modding and camera tools that are more widely available on the PC platform.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I would like to nominate this EtcetEra thread:

www.resetera.com

Is english your native language?

This thread made me wonder: https://www.resetera.com/threads/when-someone-on-a-place-like-resetera-types-something-incorrectly-is-it-worth-pointing-it-out-to-them.356167/ How many Era users are actually english native speakers ? If you're not a native speaker, how did you learn ? When I was...

"[POLL] Is English your native language?"

It's such a simple question not many would think to ask, but the poll results appear to be unexpected to many in the thread, and have taught us a lot about the ResetEra community. I think it speaks volumes about just how global the community is, how welcoming it is to people across the world, and about not making assumptions about one other.

And I think it's pretty cool that one little poll could do that.

(Also, I hope that after I post this the poll doesn't change drastically, lol.)

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Can't believe nobody has nominated this one yet:

www.resetera.com

Terrorist Trump Cultists Begin Getting Arrested And Fired From Jobs

Be sceptical about videos of people being arrested at airports. So far every video I've seen posted in this thread is from an older event, not anything to do with last weeks terrorist attack.

While I appreciate the importance and weight of the main thread during the attacks, this thread is full of clowns eating crow, and fills me with such glee that they aren't always getting away with it. I'm sure we'll be seeing this thread, and some offshoots for a long time as the convictions and arrests pile up, we should cement its place in legend while we still are in the month it was birthed.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I want to nominate this thread.

www.resetera.com

i hate movies

why do they always act like awkward interactions in movies are "cute" and "quirky" when in real life it's just torture? this needs to STOP.

It's simple, subversive, self deprecating and immediately endearing.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Gaming nomination (tentative, I may edit):
www.resetera.com

Bloodborne is an amazing game if you’re an arachnophobe

TOXI, IF YOU’RE READING THIS, YOU CAN’T DEFEND SPIDERS IN HERE. Lemme just say that I skipped the shit out of Brightstone Cove Tseldora in DS2. Well, not really. I eventually got to the room where you have to slowly traverse a giant web while there’s spiders coming to kill you and I started...
Edit: already found a better one!
Edit 2: well, reverting because... reasons

Last edited:

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know where I should ask this but why isn't there any Era's GOTY voting thread for last year?

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Been thinking about this for a little while, and my gaming nomination is:

www.resetera.com

20 years LTTP | Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

I originally got a copy of Soul Reaver in my younger years back in the olden days of the Playstation, but the fartherest I made it into the game was reaching the vortex of souls and...stopping. I dunno, maybe my younger self was too spooked or confused on how to progress, despite Raziel and the...

(and I swear not stolen from Morrigan, I just love retrospective type threads)

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Nomination:

www.resetera.com

PSA: Here's a long ass list of upcoming indie games to have on your radar

One of my hobbies when I'm bored is trying to find very obscure / under-the-radar indie games that are in development to give myself more things to be excited about lol. I kinda just jot the titles down on my phone and remind myself what's on the list every now and then, but I figured I would...

Many interesting looking games that aren't getting any love elsewhere.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Can't believe nobody has nominated this one yet:

www.resetera.com

Terrorist Trump Cultists Begin Getting Arrested And Fired From Jobs

Be sceptical about videos of people being arrested at airports. So far every video I've seen posted in this thread is from an older event, not anything to do with last weeks terrorist attack.

While I appreciate the importance and weight of the main thread during the attacks, this thread is full of clowns eating crow, and fills me with such glee that they aren't always getting away with it. I'm sure we'll be seeing this thread, and some offshoots for a long time as the convictions and arrests pile up, we should cement its place in legend while we still are in the month it was birthed.

I also nominate this thread for the sheer amount of catharsis it provides.

OP
OP
Nilou

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you all who participated in the first ever thread of the month nomination thread! As January is now over the nomination period is over and nominations will no longer be accepted. Please look out for the January thread of the month voting thread that'll be out soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.