• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Knight77

Oct 25, 2017
Weeks ago I finished The Last of Us II and I felt a bit like when I finished The Witcher 3...i dunno how to describe it but it's like you had a great experience and you feel it's better to take a break before to try something else that will keep you involved for a long time also because what I had ready to play i was afraid would not be as good as that.
So for some weeks I jumped into Hades, nice experience but now I have enough so my choices now are:

- AC Valhalla
- Ghost of Tsushima
- The Pathless

My wife finished GoT and said that the first part is much better than the other, i just started on D1 and got it it's nice even if the enemy IA is...well quite artificial and not that much intelligent, at least in stealth mode.

Valhalla... she's playing it. Sometimes I checked it and looks nice even if looks full of bugs with some weird controls problem sometimes. A part that she encountered that bug of the NPC not speaking and she had to trash 6 hours of play and restart it...

Consider that i still feel an orphan of the witcher and enjoyed a lot TLOU2 (which has nothing to do with those 3 games above).

So what should I play?

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Out of those three, I would say Tsushima, then The Pathless, and then hopefully something else will be out and you won't feel the need to play Valhalla

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
professor.gif
professor.gif
professor.gif

professor.gif
PROFESSOR HELPER, HERE
professor.gif

professor.gif
professor.gif
professor.gif

OP
OP
Knight77

Knight77

Oct 25, 2017
Valhalla is the best of those three, but also the biggest time investment.

Time investment it's not a problem. Playing long games it's fine, I'm used to it also because I just play during weekends and holidays so...it's always a long ride. It's mainly the quality and ability to involve me that are important. Genre a part obviously.

Big Powder

Oct 25, 2017
It isn't any of the games you mentioned (personally, I'd play Valhalla among those three, but I haven't played an AC game since 2 and am very curious), but I had a similar thing going after finishing TLOU2 and the first game that's really caught me to the point that I feel confident that I'll finish it since is Yakuza 7. The story doesn't seem to be on the same level, but it's extremely enjoyable and packed full of content, and I truly believe with how much variety there is that there's something for everyone. Love this series! If you're not sure if it's for you, Yakuza 0 is pretty cheap these days and is the best place to start.

OP
OP
Knight77

Knight77

Oct 25, 2017
Ok guys thanks for the feedback! I'll try The Pathless since it's quite short and then I'll go with GoT. Let's see what happens when I'll receive Cyberpunk in December...

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Ghost of Tsushima, no doubt. I just finished it last week and I'm pretty sure it's my game of the year. The story goes to some absolutely terrific places, and it ends incredibly strong, which feels like a rare thing for games even to this day. Give the Japanese dub a shot if you're comfortable reading subtitles, there's some really outstanding performances from the Japanese voice cast.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
Play Ghost of Tsushima, it's a fantastic game.

Don't listen to people saying Valhalla, i'm playing it right now and it's not as good as Ghost at all.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Sell all 3 and buy 3 copies of Knack. Keep one for yourself, gift one to your wife, and give the other to your best friend.

timerhyme

Apr 19, 2018
OP I felt the same after completing that game, I honestly took a break from gaming for some time. TLOU2 is def my goty for how it grabbed me.

Valhalla is the best of those three, but also the biggest time investment.
I'd recommned this too, especially if youre playing on a next gen system like PS5.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Tsushima.

Vallhala will be a better game in a few months, but GoT is complete now.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Hollow Knight is on PS+ so if you haven't played it you should shelve all three of those games and play it instead.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Personally enjoying Valhalla way more than Ghost of Tsushima. GOT kind of felt like the latests AC's but way less engaging to me, just a bit prettier. Got bored of it after the first act.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I went from TLOU2 to GOT and it was refreshing. Huge change in pace and just generally a completely different game

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
GoT is a great time.
But let me recommend Valdis Story to anyone who is reading this. One of the best arpg metroidvanias ever made.

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I prefer Valhalla over GoT. Mainly because the Viking setting is way cooler than Samurai. The combat in GoT is a lot better, but honestly that's all it's got going for it. So I would say go with Valhalla.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
For those who have played both, which game offers the most rewarding exploration?

Valhalla or GoT?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I think The Pathless is a solid choice out of those three. It's lighter, shorter. A better pallet cleanser before jumping into the next thing.

Tsushima is more of a what you'd consider a Ubi-collectathon game (ironic considering the other game is literally from Ubisoft) so a great choice if you like to clear points on a map. Its good to 100% while listening to a podcast or somethings Valhalla is more The Witcher 3. It's massive in scope but there's a lot of depth there. Less of a podcast thing and more of a 'get enveloped in this world'. Both good showcases for next gen consoles if you've got one.

For those who have played both, which game offers the most rewarding exploration?

Valhalla or GoT?

Valhalla by a country mile. There's very little rewarding exploration in Tsushima because the game just tells you where everything is. Both by question marks on a map and by literally pointing you towards every side activity/collectible by emergent birds that show up and take you directly there. I can't think of many times that I organically stumbled upon anything or found anything through my own exploration because as soon as you get within a certain range of something the game will essentially highlight it with a golden bird shouting 'OVER HERE THERE'S SOMETHING TO FIND AND COLLECT'. As a said above, it's a better '100% these collectibles while listening to a podcast' game than it is exploration. That's not a bad thing, it just is what it is.

Valhalla literally has different settings for 'exploration' to make the map/compass/world exploration more player led or more obvious. Turn off all that stuff and you're finding everything yourself and following vague 'near a split in the river' clues rather than a point on a mini-map.

Last edited:

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You should play yakuza like a dragon since it's amazing.

Out of those choices though, I like tsushima a good bit.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Valhalla by a country mile. There's very little rewarding exploration in Tsushima because the game just tells you where everything is. Both by question marks on a map and by literally pointing you towards every side activity/collectible by emergent birds that show up and take you directly there. I can't think of many times that I organically stumbled upon anything or found anything through my own exploration because as soon as you get within a certain range of something the game will essentially highlight it with a golden bird shouting 'OVER HERE THERE'S SOMETHING TO FIND AND COLLECT'. As a said above, it's a better '100% these collectibles while listening to a podcast' game than it is exploration. That's not a bad thing, it just is what it is.

Valhalla literally has different settings for 'exploration' to make the map/compass/world exploration more player led or more obvious. Turn off all that stuff and you're finding everything yourself and following vague 'near a split in the river' clues rather than a point on a mini-map.
This is what I gathered, but I didn't realize GoT was quite so blatant with its hand holding here.

I had the option to play both, not sure if I will but this would definitely be the deciding factor. The options in Valhalla sound great. Thanks!