• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Knight77

Oct 25, 2017
After I finished The Witcher 3 and all the expansions I felt kinda lost. I tried different games but I have to admit that has been hard to find something that would keep me stick to the pad with the desire to go on. The one that in the end got me more has been God of War, after that I started other games but...you know...when you don't feel that thing that keeps you thinking about it, going on with that, finish it. I started Sekiro, Resident evil 2, Devil May cry 5, Ashen and now bloodstained, plus feeling the temptation to go back to NIER which I left at 1\3 of it. I am kinda lost/stuck now and I know that until Death stranding I need to pick one and go on with it. So Era guys help me: what should I pick? I can help you telling you that I would eliminate Sekiro from this list because in this period I have enough stress from work and I would like to avoid even more from playing...

Thank you!!!

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
5b1fcc2c5bafe3ba4d26dbb4

OP
OP
Knight77

Knight77

Oct 25, 2017
New things are really appreciated but what about the games I've listed? Which one between those? None ? Ahahah

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
What works for me is to step back from the hobby and entertain myself with a different hobby until I feel that itch. Whether it's books, comics, movies, or whatever, there are plenty of things that can engage me emotionally or intellectually.

And sometimes playing a really simple game like Life is Strange does the trick.

OP
OP
Knight77

Knight77

Oct 25, 2017
What works for me is to step back from the hobby and entertain myself with a different hobby until I feel that itch. Whether it's books, comics, movies, or whatever, there are plenty of things that can engage me emotionally or intellectually.

And sometimes playing a really simple game like Life is Strange does the trick.

Juve but they really talk too much Ahahah in this period I'm more for action rpg

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Even though it was previously discussed, I still vote for AC: Odyssey, it's pretty much as close as you get to Geraldo del Rivero (Witcher 3, if you do not know r/gamingcirclejerk),

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
51r7ZKExarL._SL450_.jpg

Finish the smaller games you have, like DMC5 or RE2.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Stop buying a ton of new expensive games if you aren't even finishing half of them for starters

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well the thing is you're not gonna find something that'll feel exactly the same or comparable right out the gate. In fact if you play something too similar to TW3 right now you might ruin it for yourself by constantly comparing it to TW3. It happened to me when I played Dark Souls 3 and thought it sucked that I wasn't playing Bloodborne instead.

Go for a clean break, something that feels very different.

Say, have you ever played PREY?

Goodbye

Oct 27, 2017
Play some Tetris Effect, or Lumines. Puzzle games are always a welcome change after finishing large and deep story driven games.

OP
OP
Knight77

Knight77

Oct 25, 2017
I think I will go back to NIER. Maybe restart from the beginning since I don't remember a shit about the game mechanics :-))

BTW thanks for the suggestion (Dragon dogma actually was something I forgot for example).

Oct 25, 2017
New things are really appreciated but what about the games I've listed? Which one between those? None ? Ahahah
Your list is full of amazing titles, and it would be a shame if you didn't give them a fair shot because you still can't get over a great game you just played. Maybe go with something shorter and more relaxing like Abzu or Journey, or maybe not even a game, try watching a new show or something and then get back to gaming.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
RE2 could be done quite easily. It isn't a long game and can be a nice refresher from W3.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I been there OP, after finishing w3 for the first time no other game satisfied me for couple months, no matter how hard I tried not to compare em to w3. Eventually after like 3-4 months I started enjoying others games again.
Now the closest game that came to w3 experience was rdr 2. It has its own fair share of issues, but the world and the character writing and just the quiet moments are on par if not better than w3

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was an offline single player game, otherwise I would never consider it
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is like, massively singleplayer. You can see & recruit pawns (partner characters) that other players have made, and even help train them. But other players can never directly influence your game.

DDO is its own separate thing.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Play Witcher 1 and 2, obviously. When you mentioned "stick" i was 100% sure you havent played them

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why are people recommending dragons dogma? It's like the opposite end of spectrum compared to witcher 3 when it comes world /characters / writing /atmosphere /Quests /gameplay pace.
Dd is purely gameplay focused dungeon crawler with Japanese combat flair

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
When you've finished or drifted apart from a big game you've regularly played, it's easy to feel a little empty when trying to move on. I highly recommend trying a smaller game as a palette cleanser, which I'll recommend a few I've enjoyed!

Why Am I Dead At Sea?

header.jpg

A detective-mystery game where the victim... was you!

You wake up, called out of the void by a child with paranormal gifts, and you find that you've lost all memory of who you are, and we're murdered on a ferry ship with several people on board.

As a ghost, you must possess these passengers and use their talents and personalities to speak with each other, learn more about yourself, and find your killer and bring them to justice!

A unique mechanic this game has is Partial Possession. While understanding a character better can unlock this and a fuller possession, where you are in full control of their diologue, partial possession has you guiding their natural responses to others in conversation, allowing for a huge amount of interesting conversations between passengers!

It's maybe an hour or two, tops, but it's cheap and very much worth the price!

Socrates Jones: Pro Philosopher

socrates_jones_poster_thumb.png

An Ace Attorney inspired game where you battle Famous Philosophers in debate of their claims to fame!

Not much to say, honestly. It's a cute flashgame with a clever hook. It handles the debates between the protagonist and the philosophers pretty well.

Best of all, it's free, and it's short, so it's a fun game to knock out an hour or two with.

Demon King Chronicle

be6710ac-7eaa-11e8-b1c3-0647b44a6b38.jpeg

A tough and very intriguing RPG with the tense atmosphere of survival and a beautifully and sparsely told tale of a story, and the stories of those whose lives were changed by it.

No details section here, this game is a freaking masterpiece, you are doing yourself a massive disservice not downloading and playing this game at your earliest convenience.

The beginning is a little slow because you're a bit fragile, but you'll get into a groove soon enough, and you'll have an awesome time. Here's the playism link.

https://playism.com/product/demon-king-chronicle

It's Completely Free, just Download the "Demo" on the page, that's the Full Game.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
I see AC Odyssey and Spidey have already been brought up. Definitely play one of those two.

Or you could go with Horizon: Zero Dawn if you're looking for something with an awesome story and awesome combat.

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
Red Dead Redemption 2 for its incredible beautiful world, it's amazing characters and great story.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
You know I love the game CE but this probably the worse recommendation out there due to it basically a "witcher 3 but worse", unless you love loots. This feels like a burn out, happened to me from to time to time after playing great games, a week away from gaming always almost fix this for me
I mean story aside AC Ody feels way better to play than the witcher 3

OP
OP
Knight77

Knight77

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone for the suggestions ! I decided to go back to Nier. Just to clarify I liked RE2 (took me back in time) but this period I really need something relaxing and I don't feel it with RE2 . DMC5 was ok but too much "nonsense" for me and I felt the combat was mainly smashing buttons but I didn't get much further so maybe it will change, BTW I do not exclude to go back to it in the future.
Now I'll focus on Nier which is nice and has great style. Waiting for PES and Death stranding.

Thanks everyone, I ask you few things per year and I always get support ... you're great!