• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's been worse lately. Keyboard randomly disappears and then you end up clicking the ad and getting redirected. It happened while I was typing this 😑

It happens multiple times every time I edit a post especially if the edit is longer than like ... 1 or 2 paragraphs.

I also figure it has to be a violation of the ad companies agreement to have a technical bug which tricks people -- even inadvertently -- into clicking on an ad.

Dec 21, 2017
Is there a way to get rid of this "National Suicide Hotline" banner on top of my page? It's a fucking stupid reminder of a useless organization i'd rather blow my brains out than ever deal with their uselessness EVER Again.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The OT tags on threads in forum view seem to be some weird purple colour, with the actual OT text ineligible due to blending in.

shadewolf

Oct 27, 2017
Just something I wanted to throw out there ... Would it be possible for users to have their own personal pinned threads?

As an example, I would like to keep my eyes on an OT, but don't want to Watch it and be notified every time there are new posts. At the same time I also don't want to have to dig/search for the thread every time I want to check it if it's not very active. Maybe not the most common use case, but something I find myself doing.

Not sure if this is something others would be interested in but figured I'd ask and see.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Just something I wanted to throw out there ... Would it be possible for users to have their own personal pinned threads?

As an example, I would like to keep my eyes on an OT, but don't want to Watch it and be notified every time there are new posts. At the same time I also don't want to have to dig/search for the thread every time I want to check it if it's not very active. Maybe not the most common use case, but something I find myself doing.

Not sure if this is something others would be interested in but figured I'd ask and see.

You can disable the option to receive alerts when someone posts in a watched thread. Go to Preferences and scroll down to Replies to a watched thread. From there uncheck the option that says "Replies to a watched thread".

shadewolf

Oct 27, 2017
You can disable the option to receive alerts when someone posts in a watched thread. Go to Preferences and scroll down to Replies to a watched thread. From there uncheck the option that says "Replies to a watched thread".

I also just realized that there is a whole section dedicated to Watched Threads in the slide out menu. I never noticed that before, so disregard my above post 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edit: Even though that disables alerts for all threads which I wouldn't necessarily want to do.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm sure this has been considered before and there's a good reason not to do it, but...what about the idea of being able to sort threads based on activity that day/week?

I've been noticing more and more that I keep missing news altogether just because it happens to be on the second page by the time I get here, and I rarely have time to scroll that far.

Kylarean

Oct 25, 2017
Gig Harbor, WA
I'm sure this has been considered before and there's a good reason not to do it, but...what about the idea of being able to sort threads based on activity that day/week?

I've been noticing more and more that I keep missing news altogether just because it happens to be on the second page by the time I get here, and I rarely have time to scroll that far.

Does setting the filter in a specific forum to Last Update = 7 days and Sort Descending on the number of Replies give you close to what you want? There's the Trending Threads, but that mixes the forums together and I don't think you can limit that (currently).

Last edited:

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I've basically never been able to search on mobile. Keyboard opens and closes immediately. Android Firefox

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Seems like the main off topic forum is allowing side to scrolling on mobile. Using an iPhone 12 pro Max on iOS 14.5

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a warning for a comment I made (not arguing it, body shaming is still body shaming even if it's your asshole premier and I should know that) and I saw there was something called an "infraction point." I haven't gotten a warning in forever so is that something new?

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Is it like "the more infractions you acquire the more serious penalties, eventually resulting in a permaban should they happen enough times in a short succession with enough severity"?
That's not really how it works, we don't deal in "points", but that's also not really what the tech thread is for. >.>

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
So I just signed in with 2FA, and my Authenticator gave me 666 666 as a code for ResetEra. Am I already dead?

(this is only partially a troll post, it really did give me that code and I couldn't not say anything.. lol)

Oct 25, 2017
1004gtkp7.jpg

Is this the right thread for technical suggestions? If so, is there a future update that includes a mass "clear ignore" list feature? If not, I'd like to suggest one.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Just reporting that the bookmark button for MacBook Touch Bar still isn't fixed. I attached an image to show compared to both Reddit and Retro Game Boards which work correctly.

EyM54dL.jpg

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
You can get a blank page to load on Era, if the only people who have posted on the page are ignored.

Shouldn't it just crush the page count?

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I'm not sure where it fits.

I don't have thread posting privileges any more and this keeps happening on my account and I'm not sure why. I contacted staff a while ago to rectify it and it was fixed after I asked a friend that was a former mod to see if it could be looked into but it went back to being the same way again recently. I don't post threads much but the odd time that I would like to (like today) it's a bit of an annoyance.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
The login confirmation code that happens once per month doesn't seem to be sending for my pc rn. Not getting those emails

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is search history for posts between today and 2018 just gone forever, or is there any hope of getting it back? Putting the site up and running was obviously more important, but I'm wondering if they're gone for good.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Is search history for posts between today and 2018 just gone forever, or is there any hope of getting it back? Putting the site up and running was obviously more important, but I'm wondering if they're gone for good.

Re-indexing everything is just going to take some time.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting a 500 error on all the main forum sections with the exception of Announcements and the Vault. Although individual threads seem to work if I go through google. It's happening on both my phone (android, chrome) and my PC (windows 10, chrome).

It can get the page to load in incognito mode for some reason, so I tried logging out and clearing cookies & cache but that didn't work.

Last edited:

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
It looks like one of the add-ons has dramatically worse performance on the new hardware, and there are repeated timeouts being hit from it.

Looks like one of the front-end nodes needs to be shot and replaced as it has noticeable worse performance than the other front-end nodes :(

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The threadmarks options hint towards a way of nesting/categorising them, but I can't find an option to actually do it. Is this possible?

(I'm looking to split my OT's threadmarks into patch notes/guides/other.)

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
Under sorting threadmarks, you can drag another threadmark to be under them. You can also edit each threadmark to put in under a different type of threadmark.

If after changing ordering and types, the next/previous buttons are broken just resort each type of threadmark ie load the sort dialog and save without changes. This behind the scenes rebuilds some counters.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting a 500 error on all the main forum sections with the exception of Announcements and the Vault. Although individual threads seem to work if I go through google. It's happening on both my phone (android, chrome) and my PC (windows 10, chrome).

It can get the page to load in incognito mode for some reason, so I tried logging out and clearing cookies & cache but that didn't work.

Well I randomly fixed my problem by changing threads per page from 100 to 50. It goes back to a 500 error if I change it back to 100, so I dunno. The forum works at least.

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
The stock is 25 posts per page, so 4 times the content could definitely cause issues if it was taking longer than expected to render

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Not a huge thing but somewhat annoying, and I'm pretty sure it was fixed for a while - Giphy embeds are frequently stealing scroll focus when you try and scroll past them if your mouse cursor is in their path. Here's an example:

www.resetera.com

Paused rollout of AstraZeneca Vaccine [up: EMA Findings Released, see threadmark] News

No Where I live in Italy there's the hardest lockdown but I can go out for a walk near my house and run alone out of the city between +- 6 a.m and 8 p.m. No one is telling people to spend all their time in a bed. And what about 8 hours on a working desk? And also blood clot doesn't work like...

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
Not a huge thing but somewhat annoying, and I'm pretty sure it was fixed for a while - Giphy embeds are frequently stealing scroll focus when you try and scroll past them if your mouse cursor is in their path. Here's an example:

www.resetera.com

Paused rollout of AstraZeneca Vaccine [up: EMA Findings Released, see threadmark] News

No Where I live in Italy there's the hardest lockdown but I can go out for a walk near my house and run alone out of the city between +- 6 a.m and 8 p.m. No one is telling people to spend all their time in a bed. And what about 8 hours on a working desk? And also blood clot doesn't work like...
Fixed.

Hi DownUnderCoder have you seen this?

www.resetera.com

Is anyone’s else view count being displayed not properly?

I am talking about this. Ever since the Era’s Great Downtime ,all new threads are displaying views as they were post numbers +1. Is this intended? Is this only me?
The cron system died, investigating and kicking off the background jobs which should have been running :(

spiderferi

Apr 15, 2018
Tehran, Iran
Website works absolutely horrendous every time I'm with a VPN. The UI gets clunky, half of it won't load, and pages load in 10 minutes instead of 1 second that I experience without VPN.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's just a me issue, but only the top half of embedded tweets seem to be visible for me. Using Chrome on an iPad.

Limless

Jan 7, 2021
When I click on a thread I've viewed before it takes me to the last page I viewed the first time as opposed to the first page of the thread or the last page of the thread. Is there a way of disabling that?