• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
Hello,
I'm going to lose access to my student address mail at the end of December and the only other mail address i have is Gmail but i can't change it in my account, is there any solution for this ??

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Hi,
I somehow got switched from the mobile theme of Era on my phone to the desktop version of the site. If I log out and go to incognito, I get the mobile version back, but when I log in the mobile version goes away. I'm on Safari via iOS, and I checked in not requesting the desktop site- going into settings on the browser and requesting the mobile version doesn't do anything. Is there any way to switch back to the mobile version of the site?

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Highlighting a part of a post and then hitting "Reply" on the context menu that appears is super finicky on mobile. Is there anything the tech team can do about that?

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I guess I'm supposed to post in here. I'm getting an "insufficient privileges to post threads" banner at the bottom of the threads. Also was given a "junior member" notification in a giveaway. I've posted threads before and think I have sufficient time/posts on this website to post, so not sure what's up. Not really concerned but just curious if I had any status changes. Thanks.

Sieffre

Oct 27, 2017
United States

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
For some reason, this thread:

www.resetera.com

US Dept. of State website shows Donald J. Trumps term ended on 11th January 2021 (up: possibly added by disgruntled staffer)

https://www.state.gov/biographies/donald-j-trump/ Donald J. Trump's term ended on 2021-01-11 19:48:39.

is being hidden from me, but I do not have it ignored. It only shows up when I click the "show ignored content" link at the bottom of the thread list of the Etc forum. It is not in my ignored threads list.
Are you ignoring the OP? Or specific tags? It was briefly tagged as "rumour" earlier, before the update from the threadmarks.

Supau

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Favicon isn't working on two different browsers over here and hasn't for a while now. Known issue?

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say it's a bug, exactly, but is there any plan to fix linking to a specific post? If the poster has 50 posts per page then their links don't work for 100 posts per page readers. There has to be a better way.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, on iOS the top bar for quick actions is floating in the middle of the screen when you scroll down now rather than staying static at the top.

Example:
aZpfpMw.jpg

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
So uh, this just happened to me about 5 minutes ago. Using the latest version of desktop Firefox:

B1ILJT1.png

That bar shouldn't be there!
I wouldn't say it's a bug, exactly, but is there any plan to fix linking to a specific post? If the poster has 50 posts per page then their links don't work for 100 posts per page readers. There has to be a better way.
right-click the time on the post itself and copy the link from there, it'll work no matter what their PPP setting is.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So uh, this just happened to me about 5 minutes ago. Using the latest version of desktop Firefox:

B1ILJT1.png

That bar shouldn't be there!

right-click the time on the post itself and copy the link from there, it'll work no matter what their PPP setting is.
Thanks! I'm more worried about links others share rather than ones I can share, although it's good to know there is a way to make it work.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Love to have ResetEra on my Touch Bar for easy access (bookmarked in safari) and it shows up as just a white block instead of the forums logo. Certainly something that can be fixed. I can post a photo if that helps too.

Oct 27, 2017
When I click on the forum name at the bottom of the screen on mobile (to go back to the forum) it almost always opens the ad directly above it, as if the ad element is stretched over the button.

This is on mobile (Android).

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
if you ignore a user, you can't see any threads they've made, even if you watchlist them. makes it very annoying if you've got a poster ignored who makes a lot of OTs but you want to drown out their non-stop posting, I have to manually search for that OT every single time or bookmark it off site.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I'm having a weird issue.
The Gaming Forum page isn't working for me since January 11. It's the only page not updating and only on Firefox (tested on others and it worked).

Also when i click on any feature inside the Gaming Forum this message shows up.

hsfW0ox.png

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a weird issue.
The Gaming Forum page isn't working for me since January 11. It's the only page not updating and only on Firefox (tested on others and it worked).

Also when i click on any feature inside the Gaming Forum this message shows up.

hsfW0ox.png
Are you running any add-ons that affect the site or how it loads?

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Dark mode tweets embeded in dark mode - thank you so much tech people! Any possibility of an option in our profile for if we prefer "blackout" or "dim" dark twitter?

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having this weird thing where not all threads are displaying for me. It's not because I've accidentally ignored them, or the users that create them, they're simply not showing. I think it's because I turned off the tag prefixes - I only know this because I saw the UK Coronavirus Discussion appear as the "most recent post" on the top-level screen, but when I clicked into the Et Cetera forum, it was nowhere to be found. I turned off the preference for the prefix, but still can't see the threads appear but now when I go to my "Watched Threads" list, the UK Coronavirus Discussion thread has the "OT" tag prefix.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having this weird thing where not all threads are displaying for me. It's not because I've accidentally ignored them, or the users that create them, they're simply not showing. I think it's because I turned off the tag prefixes - I only know this because I saw the UK Coronavirus Discussion appear as the "most recent post" on the top-level screen, but when I clicked into the Et Cetera forum, it was nowhere to be found. I turned off the preference for the prefix, but still can't see the threads appear but now when I go to my "Watched Threads" list, the UK Coronavirus Discussion thread has the "OT" tag prefix.
Can you see any threads in the Etc forum? If not then you ignored the entire forum and will need to hit the "unignore forum" button.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
I'm having a not-really issue where pages don't finish loading on iOS, both my phone and iPad on 14.3. The page is fully functional, I can scroll and read everything, but the progress bar for the page load just stays at 40% and there's no refresh button, just an X because the browser (safari) thinks the page is still mid refresh.

I don't have any content blockers.

0-C0-C4-C42-8-ACD-4-F4-A-BF4-C-2-AD990-F2-A52-E.jpg

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on android. Google pixel 5g, Android 11 with the January update. I'm using mobile chrome.

As I'm scrolling, it seems like the browser is focusing on different threads. Along with that, as it's focusing, it's bringing up the thread starter. Their quick view page. It's annoying because it obstructs the view.

Here's a video:

imgur.com

Reset

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
I'm getting very frequent site crashes/reloads on my iPad in Safari with iOS 14.4.

Haven't tried on PC yet today, but it's making the site barely useable on iPad as it keeps crashing mid reply on me and causing me to lose parts of posts and having to retype.

Last edited:

swazzyswess

Mar 26, 2018
Apologies in advance for what is probably a dumb question, but is there something I missed that is causing me not to receive new post notifications on followed threads? The feature worked fine until maybe 2 weeks ago and has been very sporadic since.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
I've been told that only 2 username changes in total have been allowed, but when I go to the option to change my username, it says that I can change is 2 times every 7 days.

Just asking for clarification on which one is true, since they're both contradicting one another. Thanks.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on android. Google pixel 5g, Android 11 with the January update. I'm using mobile chrome.

As I'm scrolling, it seems like the browser is focusing on different threads. Along with that, as it's focusing, it's bringing up the thread starter. Their quick view page. It's annoying because it obstructs the view.

Here's a video:

imgur.com

Reset

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Not sure if this was fixed but it's back to normal for me.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but is there a limit on how long a draft is 'saved'? I saved a reply that was multiple paragraphs long for a LTTP thread earlier in the week, saved it (I double checked that it was saved), and when I went back to work on the post...my draft was completely gone. ;v;

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
When I change themes, I notice that the Giveaways and Tickets icons change to an array of dots and a house respectively. The order does not matter i.e. dark to light, light to dark. This seems unintentional.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
if you ignore a user, you can't see any threads they've made, even if you watchlist them. makes it very annoying if you've got a poster ignored who makes a lot of OTs but you want to drown out their non-stop posting, I have to manually search for that OT every single time or bookmark it off site.
Repeating this, it's really frustrating missing threads

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The mobile keyboard broken thing fucking sucks and it's ridiculous that it's still broken. The site is unuseable on mobile.