• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Word Counter is okay and can be useful for creating new threads but I think its color should be subdued so it isn't as "in your face".

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Does anyone else having a major issue on mobile when typing new replies (or using the search for that matter), in which the site just immediately scrolls to the top, making the entry fields unusable, when moving the cursor, marking things etc?

I honestly don't know what this is. Using standard Chrome for Android.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else having a major issue on mobile when typing new replies (or using the search for that matter), in which the site just immediately scrolls to the top, making the entry fields unusable, when moving the cursor, marking things etc?

I honestly don't know what this is. Using standard Chrome for Android.
Used to have that when I had a samsung s9, problem stopped when I got a Pixel 4 XL.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to just delete a profile cover photo?

There was a thread about them today and I was messing around making one, but now that thread seems to have completely vanished, so the photo doesn't make sense anymore. I don't see any way to just delete it without uploading something else. I also tried uploading just a 1x1 black square, but it was giving me errors saying the image was too large.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Is there a way the Latest Threads page can be extended from 5 pages to 10? That's primarily how I browse the site so I can see all the new threads created.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
This has been bothering me recently, so I'm not sure if it is a bug that has popped up as a result of a recent update or just something I hadn't noticed before.

Due to being a terrible typist, I often edit my posts at least once after posting. The problem is editing more than once: should you do so, your former changes will be overwritten. The second edit is based on the original post, rather than of its first edit.

You can reproduce this by posting a reply, then editing your post with some added text, then editing it again with some further added text.

Reloading the page if you wish to edit your post resolves it. As does being a better proof-reader before posting.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Crosspost from the latest update thread, since no one responds there:

Anyone else who thinks the site feels unresponsive since this update? Scrolling in particular feels very jerky. I noticed it immediately after the update, but I figured my own browser was probably the culprit. Except other sites don't have the issue, nor did restarting both Firefox and then my laptop solve the issue.

It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough for it to be noticeable. I haven't been able to find a pattern. For example, it happens on pages that just loaded as well as tabs that have been open for a while. It happens on pages without images as well as pages with relatively many of them. If anything it seems to come in spells, where the entire forum displays this behavior for 5 - 10 minutes before it returns to normal.

I'm using Firefox 83.0 on macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if this is just me or what, but the site icons aren't loading properly.

weird1kdjy2.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Is anybody else having problems accessing on mobile? The site isn't loading for me. Been happening for the past hour.
I'm not sure if this is just me or what, but the site icons aren't loading properly.

weird1kdjy2.jpg
For about the past hour I've been having trouble with the site too
Loading very slowly, and lots of icons are missing
Tested my speed and it seems good, and other sites are fine

I noticed the loading bar seemed to be stuck on trying to load things from materialdesignicons.com
It seems this site uses some of their hosted assets, but that site is down, causing loading here to trip up a bit

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
This issue has been happening on Firefox for Android since forever and it's infuriating:

Basically it will sometimes refuse to let me type anything into the search bar. The keyboard just dissapears every time I tap the text box.

This doesn't happen in Chrome. I'm not sure what triggers it exactly.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
This issue has been happening on Firefox for Android since forever and it's infuriating:

Basically it will sometimes refuse to let me type anything into the search bar. The keyboard just dissapears every time I tap the text box.

This doesn't happen in Chrome. I'm not sure what triggers it exactly.

I've had that happen in mobile chrome on android. THough only inside threads, not on the thread list

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017

weird1kdjy2.jpg

I had this problem a while ago. These icons are served from https://cdn.materialdesignicons.com which is not 100% reliable, which for me was just neither returning an error allowing the page to continue the render, which meant that the pages would take a tooon of time until they finally gave up and finished rendering.

If you use adblock, you can add that URL to your filter. Shouldn't fix the problem, you won't have the icons anyway, but it should make the page load faster since it won't try to load those icons at all.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Did something get updated on the backend in relation to having to verify accounts with email?

I got locked out of my account yesterday and was only just able to get a confirmation email sent to get back in.

Had to use my work email address in order to receive the email.

Oct 27, 2017
I am unable to access resetera on my macOS machine because of the font cdn issue. I can only get in through my VPN weirdly enough.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
The site's running okay for me, but the icons are up and down every couple of minutes.

Doesn't really break anything, to be honest, but it is ever so slightly annoying.. lol.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Oddly they sometimes don't work on mobile but do on desktop, and vice versa. I mean at the same moment.

For example just now they didn't work on desktop. So I grabbed my phone, refreshed the page and everything was fine. Refreshed my desktop and they still didn't work.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The site's running okay for me, but the icons are up and down every couple of minutes.

Doesn't really break anything, to be honest, but it is ever so slightly annoying.. lol.
The problem is that every time i open a new page on era, my browser is quering the materialdesignicons cdn. Which makes loading the page longer than it should be.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Also have the issue with icons not loading. Only on desktop though. It's fine on mobile.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Icons are not loading for me as well and the website is being rather slow lately.

Sorry - I hate complaining about speed of sites because I am a developer myself, but it's something I noticed.