• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
Lately the blue line loading bar on Safari for iPhone (iOS14) loads halfway but never completely finishes traveling to the right side of the screen.

This is for all threads that I click on even this one. I'm staring at a blue line that won't finish loading.

Hope you can either help me understand if something is "wrong" on my end, or if perhaps the site is having issues lately.

Thanks.

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know this thread existed.
As mentioned here, 2 factor seems to be broken.
www.resetera.com

Site 2 factor broken?

Trying to login on my laptop but the two-step verification emails aren’t being sent. It’s been like this for at least 48 hours now. Tried the support link but no reply so far. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone managed a new login recently? PS. Can post this because I’m still currently...

Emails aren't coming through, checked and not going to spam.

Stopping me from logging in on my desktop.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Site 2 factor broken?

Trying to login on my laptop but the two-step verification emails aren’t being sent. It’s been like this for at least 48 hours now. Tried the support link but no reply so far. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone managed a new login recently? PS. Can post this because I’m still currently...

Forwarded your issue to the tech team.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
www.resetera.com

Site 2 factor broken?

Brought up a few times in this thread and this was the response.
Email delivery is honestly not 100% reliable for a number of reasons. I recommend using time-based authentication via something like Authy (or google communicator).

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Lately the blue line loading bar on Safari for iPhone (iOS14) loads halfway but never completely finishes traveling to the right side of the screen.

This is for all threads that I click on even this one. I'm staring at a blue line that won't finish loading.

Hope you can either help me understand if something is "wrong" on my end, or if perhaps the site is having issues lately.

Thanks.

This is me too! Happened since I updated to iOS14 as well. You're not alone.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
We are looking into possible email issues, but this is challenging due to how long any of this takes.

It's been replied to myself and others in this thread, but I want to say it's not just authentication issues, but also notifications about logins through back-up codes. Sometimes it takes hours for that notification to come in, and it's potentially a security issue.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Besides the load bar bug that's been reported with iOS14. There's also a bug that opens the thread to the bottom of the page when opening a new tab in background

iOS14 iPad Pro 10.5 if that matters

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
We have made some (small) changes and will continue to monitor delivery issues. It looks like the provider we are using has migrated some of the blocking issues.

It's been replied to myself and others in this thread, but I want to say it's not just authentication issues, but also notifications about logins through back-up codes. Sometimes it takes hours for that notification to come in, and it's potentially a security issue.
This is just a general email delivery issue. I really do recommend that you use app-based two-factor authentication.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I want to mention an issue that likely isn't the fault of Era but more of a Firefox / Driver issue but I thought I would mention it anyway. Ever since updating to Firefox 81whenever I open a new tab of Era and then switch to it, I only see the top-bar while the rest of the site is blank. Only when I start scrolling in either direction the page becomes visible.

System:

- Firefox 81.0
- WebGL Renderer
- Windows 2009 20H2 Build 19042.488
- GTX 1070
- 456.38 Drivers
- Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduler enabled

ara

Oct 26, 2017
8s0Jay3.png

Just noticed the second row styling is broken with threads with tags. With threads without tags, the creation time is highlighted. With threads with tags, the user and the sub-forum are highlighted.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Yo, we have .GIF avatars now?

www.resetera.com

Chicago vs New York City

I've only been to each place once, but for me, I preferred the food and architecture in Chicago, and basically everything else (culture, shopping, tourist spots, transit, just the overall feeling of being there), in New York.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I want to mention an issue that likely isn't the fault of Era but more of a Firefox / Driver issue but I thought I would mention it anyway. Ever since updating to Firefox 81whenever I open a new tab of Era and then switch to it, I only see the top-bar while the rest of the site is blank. Only when I start scrolling in either direction the page becomes visible.

System:

- Firefox 81.0
- WebGL Renderer
- Windows 2009 20H2 Build 19042.488
- GTX 1070
- 456.38 Drivers
- Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduler enabled

Was looking for someone else having this problem.

FF 81.0
445.75 drivers

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Not a bug but a request.

Can there be an unfurl link option added to the insert link menu?

Currently I have to search for a post with an unfurled link, quote or reply, then edit the post and link, or typeout the bb code by hand, which is very annoying when on mobile. Surely this can't be the intended way?

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Not a bug but a request.

Can there be an unfurl link option added to the insert link menu?

Currently I have to search for a post with an unfurled link, quote or reply, then edit the post and link, or typeout the bb code by hand, which is very annoying when on mobile. Surely this can't be the intended way?
Just paste the url, the forum unfurls them automatically.

Ex
www.resetera.com

NBA Offseason 2020 | OT | Sponsored by the LG Mega Capacity Washing Machine

Friends of teams not fortunate enough to make the Finals, come one come all and praise our God Divide and Conquer. This LG washer is twin wash compatible, which means you can add the ingenious LG Sidekick pedestal washer to tackle two loads of laundry-both large and small-all at the same time...

Y1y7EuN.png

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Just paste the url, the forum unfurls them automatically.

Ex
www.resetera.com

Friends of teams not fortunate enough to make the Finals, come one come all and praise our God Divide and Conquer. This LG washer is twin wash compatible, which means you can add the ingenious LG Sidekick pedestal washer to tackle two loads of laundry-both large and small-all at the same time...

Y1y7EuN.png

Weird because that seems not to be happening on my end

test

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nb...-the-lg-mega-capacity-washing-machine.296816/

www.resetera.com

Last edited:

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the custom theme I use does it automatically? Never noticed.

EDIT: Just tried on mobile and it does it automatically there also. There must be an option that you haven't enabled.

Found it. I was still using the insert link option. Just pasting a plain, unlinked address, it unfurls.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
I'm receiving a network protocol error when I click on Twitter posts. My environment is:
  • Windows 10 Version 2004
  • Firefox 81.0 64-bit
Here's the error in question:
7yc6DXW.png

I'm able to workaround this error by holding shift and clicking reload on the tab containing the Twitter URL. I know the latest Firefox has had some bugs, but I figured this was a Twitter integration issue since the issue resolves itself when you actually try to go to the URL directly.

Feb 9, 2018
Not sure if it's a bug, a feature, or something wrong on my end, but I was trying to create a thread with a poll attached, and it won't let me create a poll with more than 7 options. Is that the actual cap on poll options, or is it supposed to be more?

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
I'm receiving a network protocol error when I click on Twitter posts. My environment is:
  • Windows 10 Version 2004
  • Firefox 81.0 64-bit
Here's the error in question:
7yc6DXW.png

I'm able to workaround this error by holding shift and clicking reload on the tab containing the Twitter URL. I know the latest Firefox has had some bugs, but I figured this was a Twitter integration issue since the issue resolves itself when you actually try to go to the URL directly.
I wanted to provide an update that I'm seeing this behavior for Twitter links on Reddit as well. I don't know if any time was spent looking into this, but I wanted to provide more context so the team can disregard / debug it further.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Wondering if anyone knows why I'm not receiving popup alerts on Chrome desktop (Mac). Never had any issues before until maybe two weeks ago when I noticed I wasn't getting any popups anymore.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I constantly get this at the bottom of the page after ~20 seconds of visiting in every thread, started happening a couple of days ago (using Firefox 81.0.1 on desktop)

OzV83hE.jpeg

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
I wanted to provide an update that I'm seeing this behavior for Twitter links on Reddit as well. I don't know if any time was spent looking into this, but I wanted to provide more context so the team can disregard / debug it further.

It's a known issue with Twitter and Firefox which seems to have become a lot more widespread with version 81: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1665368

CTRL+F5 should fix the issue for the current tab

Just started to get asked to download ids?

I wonder if this is related to why on Firefox iOS the "loading" progress bar never seems to complete? I only started noticing this in the last couple of days.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It's a known issue with Twitter and Firefox which seems to have become a lot more widespread with version 81: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1665368

CTRL+F5 should fix the issue for the current tab

I wonder if this is related to why on Firefox iOS the "loading" progress bar never seems to complete? I only started noticing this in the last couple of days.
My Firefox doesn't show this message and fully loads the site. This only happens on safari for me.

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Assuming this has been brought up before, but it's super annoying that when you have "Live Thread" on, new posts with Twitter embeds don't show up until you refresh the page. At least that happens for me on Chrome on macOS.

Edit: I just remembered the Live Thread is an extension, not a feature of the site, so....nevermind. :)

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Minor styling issue, but on threads that are taller than the viewport, when you scroll to the bottom of the page the "sticky" menu starts to disappear off the top, being not so stick any longer. A simple work around seems to be removing the min-height from the element but I don't know if this is a just me issue or if it's an everyone issue.

Oct 26, 2017
Not a bug but maybe this can help either way. I was editing an OP of mine, but my browser closed and lost a decent bit of the edit. The edit was lost when I went back to it. Is there a way to reaccess the edited post? Is it saved anywhere, either here or on my bowser (Microsoft Edge)?

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I forgot my password and went to reset it but every time it errored out with

asd.png

both Chrome and Edge desktop, all extensions disabled, all cookies cleared.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On latest version of Chrome Version 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

So the header on the Gaming Forum is completely unviewable to me right now. Its loading as white text on white background (I'm on light theme) The buttons and text are still all there but they are unreadable. What is weirder is this ONLY happens with the gaming forum. Every other single forum loads the proper header with the correct colored header.

I've tried incognito tabs, I've tried different browsers hell I even tried different devices and still get the same thing.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like something got changed, the header looks different for me too on Edge Chromium 86.0.622.38, dark theme;

158dnPv.png

Looks like the members-only palette but it's obviously not that.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
On latest version of Chrome Version 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

So the header on the Gaming Forum is completely unviewable to me right now. Its loading as white text on white background (I'm on light theme) The buttons and text are still all there but they are unreadable. What is weirder is this ONLY happens with the gaming forum. Every other single forum loads the proper header with the correct colored header.

I've tried incognito tabs, I've tried different browsers hell I even tried different devices and still get the same thing.
Same issue here.

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
The custom styling on various forums headers has gone nuts unexpectedly due to what should have been unrelated change

Last edited:

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Since yesterday I have been noticing letters if not entire words going missing when quoting another user or source within the response box. Changing "Theme" exacerbates this issue as the entire text can disappear.

FWIW, I am using MS Edge browser and have been doing so for over 2 months and this is the first time an issue like this has appeared.

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
Since yesterday I have been noticing letters if not entire words going missing when quoting another user or source within the response box. Changing "Theme" exacerbates this issue as the entire text can disappear.

FWIW, I am using MS Edge browser and have been doing so for over 2 months and this is the first time an issue like this has appeared.
Clear your browser cache and restart the browser, this sort of thing tends to happen when something goes wrong with the cached javascript

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
DownUnderCoder The issue has persists subsequent to Cache clearance:

PNVz5IK.png

Sometimes, in the dialog box texts and/or images would flicker and at times vanish as the cursor is moved around within as it changes from Pointed cursor to Typing cursor. Hope the information helps.

Deleted member 53692

user requested account closure
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
France
Hello!
I can't find any "delete my account" option?! Am I looking at the wrong place? Does it exist?
I don't know where to ask. I used the contact form, but no answer received.
Thanks!

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Hello!
I can't find any "delete my account" option?! Am I looking at the wrong place? Does it exist?
Thanks!
Pretty sure you need to contact someone to do this manually, so yeah you'll have to wait (or pester them again).

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Hello!
Thanks!
I've heard pinging an admin / mod captain that's online from this list is sometimes faster. They'll get to you eventually if you've used the contact us form though.

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
DownUnderCoder The issue has persists subsequent to Cache clearance:

PNVz5IK.png

Sometimes, in the dialog box texts and/or images would flicker and at times vanish as the cursor is moved around within as it changes from Pointed cursor to Typing cursor. Hope the information helps.
Try updating your graphics drivers. That isn't anything this site would cause, but would be something on your end that is very challenging to troubleshoot