• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
Can you test to confirm if it happens on another browser on your phone? Would like to know if it is restricted to just Chrome.
Hey less, I installed both Firefox and Edge on my phone and they do not have the issue that Chrome does - I'm freely able to add line breaks. Seems to be just on this one browser for some reason.

Hope this info helps you quash this bug!

less

Oct 25, 2017
Hey less, I installed both Firefox and Edge on my phone and they do not have the issue that Chrome does - I'm freely able to add line breaks. Seems to be just on this one browser for some reason.

Hope this info helps you quash this bug!

So, conflict between the editor and Chrome. Are you using the native virtual keyboard or something like Microsoft SwiftKey? Do you remember when this bug started for you?

Cleared my cache and it's still a problem.

I'll do some further testing but are you using any extensions with Safari?

Is anyone having issues with receiving 2FA confirmation codes?

2FA via email is working great for me so far. Are you using it via the app?

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
So, conflict between the editor and Chrome. Are you using the native virtual keyboard or something like Microsoft SwiftKey? Do you remember when this bug started for you?
Just using stock Android Google Keyboard (Gboard) and it's been there for a while now. Can't even remember.

Edit: I just checked in the Play Store and apparently I'm on the beta release channel for Chrome. Backed out of it, rolled back to standard Chrome and issue is gone. So clearly in the beta release. Hope that helps!

less

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't using the app. Now, I'm not getting any codes via email.

Hmm. Try disabling 2FA and then enabling it.

Just using stock Android Google Keyboard (Gboard) and it's been there for a while now. Can't even remember.

Edit: I just checked in the Play Store and apparently I'm on the beta release channel for Chrome. Backed out of it, rolled back to standard Chrome and issue is gone. So clearly in the beta release. Hope that helps!

Beta probably has some bug in it that is causing the issue. Hopefully whatever it is gets fixed by Chromium devs assuming that it has been reported to them. I'll see if I can replicate the issue myself but for now I suggest sticking with stable release! Beta can be a buggy experience...it is a beta after all! In the meantime can you advise what phone you are using and your android version?

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
Beta probably has some bug in it that is causing the issue. Hopefully whatever it is gets fixed by Chromium devs assuming that it has been reported to them. I'll see if I can replicate the issue myself but for now I suggest sticking with stable release! Beta can be a buggy experience...it is a beta after all! In the meantime can you advise what phone you are using and your android version?
Way ahead of you lol and agreed, gonna stick with public release for now!

And I'm on a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S on Lineage 17.1 (Android 10) all stock.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
The checkboxes in the Watched Threads list are way too small on mobile. Trying to unwatch multiple threads on my phone/tablet is an exercise in frustration, because at some point I accidentally tap the background instead of the checkbox, which opens the thread instead. So then I have to go back and re-select all threads again.

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
Is my phone (iPhone 5s) just really old and dying, or is the mobile resetera reeeeeally slow and buggy for anyone else? I love everybody here but I visit the site much less frequently because it is extremely unresponsive on my device. iOS is up to date.

Oct 28, 2017
I've been having so many issues with the site since the new Firefox up on Android. The bar at the top of the page leaves a gap at the very top. Sometimes it'll just break and move a quarter down the page. I can't use the search because it keeps closing my keyboard everytime I click it. These aren't new issues, I had them with the previous version, but they're a lot more prominent and frequent now. There's more issues than what I've said, I think doing some new testing on this updated version might be useful.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Twitter embeds aren't loading for me in Chrome. I just get the "loading tweet..." text.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Not consistently. It started working again at around 2AM -- I got a bunch of delayed codes, so I decided to try 2FA again. Got the code immediately.

It prompted me again for the code just right now, and it took 5 mins to get the code.

I can't reactivate the 2FA because I'm not getting the codes through emails.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I should've remembered my backup codes.

You can still get backup codes. Go to the Password & Security section of our account options. The two-step verification area should have a change button...click on that. Then click on the Manage button next to Backup codes. You'll get the backup codes you can use and even generate new ones.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Not a big deal but like, kind of weird: people's gender is now listed twice if you hover over their avatar.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Twitter embeds aren't loading for me in Chrome. I just get the "loading tweet..." text.

My Anti Virus gives me a big warning about the Twitter video,or maybe its Imgur videos...this started about 3 weeks ago...I see the window but its all greyed out,with a block red circle in the top left...also when I opened one of those homemade vids on my old laptop,it crashed it like it just leaked the small memory of my laptop...

McCafee gives me the option to view block content though but I dont dare do it...any of you guys get that ?...using Chrome.,,this only happens here.

This is the message:
We tested this page and blocked content that comes from potentially dangerous or suspicious sites. Allow this content only if you're sure it comes from safe sites.

DLH

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this is the right place to make CSS suggestions, but here I go.

First, I fully acknowledge that my 2013 Macbook Pro is old, and that I shouldn't expect every website to hone their performance for my aging hardware.

That being said, I have noticed that the mix-blend-mode: screen styles on .re_footer--secondaryBg and .re_footer--tertiaryBg (dark theme) have a significant impact on the way that Chrome repaints pages while scrolling, which is especially noticeable on long pages with lots of images and media. When the rendering is trying to catch up with my scrolling, there are large white artifacts in the chunks of the page that are trying to re-render, which look very stark against the rest of the dark theme. If I disable the mix-blend-mode styles in the inspector, there are still times that the rendering has to catch up, but it is much faster, and the glaring white artifacts are gone.

Fortunately, I think the best of both worlds is possible. I dragged both .re_footer-- elements into the actual footer element that they're meant to overlay, and then set isolation: isolate on that footer element. That way, Chrome only tries to apply the blend within that footer element, instead of forcing a repaint on the whole page. I did also have to set a position: absolute !important on the individual .re_footer-- elements, but that was just a quick and dirty workaround.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Did you guys mess with the tag placement? It's a little off.

zdlPsbb.png

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't you do Safari notifications? Websites on the internet do them. They are possible.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Are the ads somehow bugged on this site? Seems like it's unable to properly read some ads and keeps on "loading" something.

(Safari browser on an iPad)

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
So here's a weird one. Only on Reset, my keyboard minimizes itself when I hit either backspace or new line in the bottom right. No idea what the cause could be
20200826-135323.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
So here's a weird one. Only on Reset, my keyboard minimizes itself when I hit either backspace or new line in the bottom right. No idea what the cause could be
20200826-135323.jpg
This is happening to me too!
Been driving me crazy. I deleted site cookies and cache and no change. But I did notice it stops happening when I press the gear icon above and turn off the text formatting options, and it starts happening again if I press it again and turn them on.

I'm on mobile Chrome, running Android 10 with the default keyboard that came with my phone - An LG G8X Thinq.

If it helps narrow things down, I've also had some pages on ERA reported as insecure by the browser as well as some alignment issues - all on mobile - but both those issues are negligible compared to the keyboard problem!

Thank you for your time and effort in maintaining this great forum!

Last edited:

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is this the thread for feature requests? Apology if not. Anyway, can we get a [countdown] BBcode? Would get some use nowadays...
Or is it there but I fail in using it?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I don't suppose it's feasible to make URL unfurling a user option? Personally, I almost always prefer to present URLs as standard links rather than quote-like blocks.

Is this the thread for feature requests? Apology if not. Anyway, can we get a [countdown] BBcode? Would get some use nowadays...
Or is it there but I fail in using it?

FWIW, you can use http://secondapps.com/countdown/ to generate a countdown image that is auto-updated upon refresh.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't suppose it's feasible to make URL unfurling a user option? Personally, I almost always prefer to present URLs as standard links rather than quote-like blocks.
Just click the icon that looks like a two links of a chain next to the image button and paste the url in both fields.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has been an issue with the front page for some time now. Viewing from the latest public version of Microsoft Edge Chromium. Pay no attention to the blown out contrast, that's just my HDR, but look at the black areas. They flicker at times, too.

B4bYi21.png

Oct 27, 2017
Hitting the delete button on my keypad makes the keypad disappear revealing the ad underneath. Not fun making a typo.

Edit: same with the "enter" button. Android/chrome btw

less

Oct 25, 2017
Hitting the delete button on my keypad makes the keypad disappear revealing the ad underneath. Not fun making a typo.

Edit: same with the "enter" button. Android/chrome btw
Happening for me as well. Using Chrome on the latest version of Android.

Sigh. Looks like whatever bug was in the beta channel got pushed down to the stable channel. There's a thread open in the Xenforo bug report forum about this so we'll see how it progresses. In the meantime, could both of you try switching to the Beta or Dev channels for Chrome on your phones? Would like to see if it is resolved in one of those and if the fix will makes it way down to stable.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I usually have trouble with redirects to a certain post when the page number is in the URL.

(Trouble is when a 50 ppp user links to a 100 ppp user or if a 100 ppp user clicks on a google search result.

e.g.

Code:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-tech-thread-5-24-19-site-update-report-bugs-here.118789/page-19#post-41245713

Code:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-tech-thread-5-24-19-site-update-report-bugs-here.118789/page-10#post-41245713

If someone posts the first URL for me, it just goes to the last page of the tread (which atm is 13.)

less

Oct 25, 2017
I usually have trouble with redirects to a certain post when the page number is in the URL.

(Trouble is when a 50 ppp user links to a 100 ppp user or if a 100 ppp user clicks on a google search result.

e.g.

Code:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-tech-thread-5-24-19-site-update-report-bugs-here.118789/page-19#post-41245713

Code:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-tech-thread-5-24-19-site-update-report-bugs-here.118789/page-10#post-41245713

If someone posts the first URL for me, it just goes to the last page of the tread (which atm is 13.)

Problem comes down to specifying the page number. That throws off everything.

There is a button next to the post number (the three dots connected by the two lines) that provided a hard link:

Code:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-tech-thread-5-24-19-site-update-report-bugs-here.118789/post-43879136

But not enough people resort to it I suppose? One solution you can employ is removing the "page-19#" portion from the link. That should take you to the correct post.

Code:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-tech-thread-5-24-19-site-update-report-bugs-here.118789/post-41245713

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Problem comes down to specifying the page number. That throws off everything.

There is a button next to the post number (the three dots connected by the two lines) that provided a hard link:

Code:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-tech-thread-5-24-19-site-update-report-bugs-here.118789/post-43879136

But not enough people resort to it I suppose? One solution you can employ is removing the "page-19#" portion from the link. That should take you to the correct post.

Code:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-tech-thread-5-24-19-site-update-report-bugs-here.118789/post-41245713

I do try to use the post number to copy link but google search results and other links usually are just a copy from the URL.

Yeah, I usually end up either removing that string or opening the link in a private tab where I am not signed in. Still a bit of a minor annoyance though, so decided to post in case there was another solution.