• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
On screens that are wide enough to support the sidebar, the toggle has been removed to ensure latest threads and other stats are easily prompted by default. This should only affect the homepage on appropriate displays, and yeah we made sure it'll respect all ignored threads/forums.

There's no reason to remove the toggle. I like it hidden so I don't get stressful shit thrown up at me on the front page so I could easily jump to my watched threads. Only one active thread being shown per board on the homepage is way easier to deal with than a bunch on the side on top of that. This is a very ridiculous choice, so it would be really handy to re-enable it on desktop. (I'm on a macbook, and that's the browser that's refusing to let me hide it.) Taking away options like this, especially with no announcement just gets really irritating since i remember a long while ago the option to ignore entire boards was removed in a similar situation, before it was readded due to some pushback.

Please, at least consider announcing or doing a heads up for changes like this in the future... I'd really like my option back, even if it's fine for the shown-display to be the default setting, some just want their screen less cluttered or to avoid stress. (since it shows newest threads, at least on my end, it doesn't really do much with showing ignored threads as they're brand new threads, unless they're from the ignored boards like Etectera in my case.)

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Serious question, why even use the front page? Bookmark your Watched threads page (Gaming, EtcetEra, or Latest threads if you prefer) and forget about the front page. First time I looked at the front page since October 25th 2017 was yesterday because of this thread.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
There's no reason to remove the toggle. I like it hidden so I don't get stressful shit thrown up at me on the front page so I could easily jump to my watched threads. Only one active thread being shown per board on the homepage is way easier to deal with than a bunch on the side on top of that. This is a very ridiculous choice, so it would be really handy to re-enable it on desktop. (I'm on a macbook, and that's the browser that's refusing to let me hide it.) Taking away options like this, especially with no announcement just gets really irritating since i remember a long while ago the option to ignore entire boards was removed in a similar situation, before it was readded due to some pushback.

Please, at least consider announcing or doing a heads up for changes like this in the future... I'd really like my option back, even if it's fine for the shown-display to be the default setting, some just want their screen less cluttered or to avoid stress. (since it shows newest threads, at least on my end, it doesn't really do much with showing ignored threads as they're brand new threads, unless they're from the ignored boards like Etectera in my case.)

I really do have to co-sign this.

This is a completely unnecessary change. Why remove user preference? What problem does that solve? There are better ways to drive engagement than the heavy handed approach of manipulating the front end user experience like this.

I just don't like the "noise" of the sidebar.

Serious question, why even use the front page? Bookmark your Watched threads page (Gaming, EtcetEra, or Latest threads if you prefer) and forget about the front page. First time I looked at the front page since October 25th 2017 was yesterday because of this thread.

This is a site with users from all types of backgrounds and expec regarding their experience browsing this place. If you prefer to navigate via bookmarks that's fine. But I don't think it's unreasonable that's others may not do so. Personally, I like a clean landing page bookmarked.

Last edited:

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Sorry if this is the wrong thread but I really wish the site had an option to set theme automatically based on the dark/light mode setting on iOS (and other applicable platforms).

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DownUnderCoder I've been having issues with playing videos in Twitter embeds, could their recent changes be the cause? I'm likely to get them working (with their new design) when playing through a quoted post

Old
io4cfYY.png

New

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
No idea if this is the best place to report / ask this:

One huge pet peeve of mine is the following - i browse ERA at 100ppp, now when some outlet links to an ERA post, they (seemingly) do the following:

Instead of just copying the direct link to the post, like, say:

8uqEKAZ.png

NDxqjLT.png

which would link to:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...-update-report-bugs-here.118789/post-38423017

They first click the post number and then use the browser URL to link it. Now here's the issue - when clicking the post, the browser URL will also include the page number - but it's relative to the original user's ppp.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...-report-bugs-here.118789/page-5#post-38423017
https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...-report-bugs-here.118789/page-9#post-38423017

Clicking these kinds of links while having Era set to 100ppp doesn't lead to the post in question, but to another page altogether. Which is kinda annoying.

Is the "page-XYZ" in the URL even needed when looking directly at a post? Can't that be removed altogether?

Jun 26, 2018
Ran into a little issue in which I appear to have hit the limit on how many people I can put on my ignore list (1000)... is it possible to increase this number or should I just get started cleaning out in my long list (there's a bunch of deleted accounts in there I could remove)

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else on a Mobile Android Device recently seeing an issue where the browser won't load half the page for a few minutes, and then suddenly an HTML scripting issue comes up? It's been happening a few times for me this week.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017

Yes. Please bring the toggle back. The front page looks horrible now.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
I guess I could imagine things, but I feel like there's an influx of non-news threads in the gaming side. Would it be possible to have a news section just for news?

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
I guess I could imagine things, but I feel like there's an influx of non-news threads in the gaming side. Would it be possible to have a news section just for news?

I would like to see a news only section.

But even more I would like to see the social justice stuff moved to another section from Gaming. Seems like every day someone digs up dirt of some streamer or YouTuber I have never heard of and those threads are nothing but lynch mob mentality. Ignore list does the job for now.

The tag feature I suggest in the other thread would really help here if these could just be tagged or flaired so everyone who does not care about that could simply auto-ignore it.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Flairs would be a great idea probably. That way you could just filter for "news" or "content creation" for all the YouTube links. Some other stuff like lttp/rttp would be useful as well, as would be a way to get all opinion or survey threads.

it's just a mess browsing through gaming right now and it's easy to miss actual news and announcements.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I've been running into a bug with the mobile site. Since about a week or so the top bar will sometimes end up misaligned. I don't know what exactly triggers it, but I was able to replicate the bug by opening the MHW Iceborne OT on the first page and rapidly scrolling down. As I scrolled the top bar disappeared (on most other pages it sticks) and when I stopped scrolling it reappeared except misaligned.

Below a screenshot from another thread, made this morning:

B5udvM6.png

Android 10, dark theme enabled, latest security updates installed, Chrome browser is up to date.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Hide reply does not work unless you use HIDEGROUP=member.

Guests should not have the permissions to see hidden replies. As soon as one person replies anyone can see it.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Hidden content
You need to be in at least one of the following groups to see this content:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
To be able to paste text on Firefox mobile on Samsung, you have to use the paste option in the Gboard. The Samsung keyboard (default) doesn't have it and tap and hold won't bring up paste. It's been like this for months.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I'm having issues on Android where when pages load and you click on a thread it seems to click into a thread above it. I know it isn't my phone because it only happens on this site. It has been happening for about a week now.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1) I'm getting incredibly annoying Spanish-language Ford ads on mobile that take up the whole screen. On average, they seem to be popping up every 30 seconds or less.

2) Pages reload on their own, bringing you back to the top of the page and sometimes erasing the post you were typing. Happened while typing this post.

BMofB

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having issues on Android where when pages load and you click on a thread it seems to click into a thread above it. I know it isn't my phone because it only happens on this site. It has been happening for about a week now.
This has been happening also to me for a while on Android, I THINK it is because the ad div is loading after the page content. But I'm not sure. Now I'm just used to waiting for a while after the page loads.

And another issue, with iPad Chrome sometimes the thread list freezes a few seconds after loading. Usually I scroll down the thread list, freezing happens, and then I'm forwarded to some random thread my finger happened to be on when the freeze happened.

These issues happen on this site only.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I agree that I think it is the ad's problem. Something about the way it loads makes it hard to know when it's fully loaded a page because the progress bar will be done but it will still sometimes click into the wrong thread.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
The page will often reload while I'm scrolling through posts for no reason on mobile. I'm using Safari on an iPhone XR running up to date iOS, if that helps.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm having something stealing focus of the text input cursor when typing responses to threads. I'm not sure if this is my OS or what but I'll be typing a thread response and poof, the text field will no longer be selected.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one getting to notifications Twice now whenever someone replies to one of my posts? I get one when it happens, but then the same notification again like 6 minutes later. Its been happening ever since the site went down for maintenance yesterday. Wondering if its just me...

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
The page will often reload while I'm scrolling through posts for no reason on mobile. I'm using Safari on an iPhone XR running up to date iOS, if that helps.

Same, with iphone 7 regular. It also reloads quickly even when I'm already trying to load anything in the site. I also get annoying ad pop ups. Plus it just plains crashes my Safari. Have to reset my iPhone to fix this everyday.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm using Firefox on desktop and lately, every time I refresh the page on this forum it's taking me to my last post on the page instead of to my last read.

I was told that this is something to do with #post in the URL. How do I fix this? Thanks.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Was there ever an acknowledgement or comment on the issues with the reply box on mobile devices?

When replying on mobile sometimes the cursor moves upwards, or clicking return for a new paragraph deletes blocks of texts above.

It can be a nightmare to adjust posts with edits, or even polishing or extending a post you haven't posted yet.

I'm having this issue constantly on the latest Safari on iOS but it has been occurring for months and months, and I remember reading other users having this issue on their devices.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
This has been killing me for months now, and it's only Era. I've had so many posts randomly eaten because it decided to reload after some time. Also on Safari on up-to-date iOS (iPhone 8). Makes the site borderline unusable on mobile.

dk0rt3z

Oct 27, 2017
The annoying, constant re-aligning of the page every 10-15 seconds because of the auto-refreshing is what makes this site terrible to read on mobile. Please fix this. I love the site, but hope you guys understand that it makes for a terrible user experience. Time for those extreme options.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
The annoying, constant re-aligning of the page every 10-15 seconds because of the auto-refreshing is what makes this site terrible to read on mobile. Please fix this. I love the site, but hope you guys understand that it makes for a terrible user experience. Time for those extreme options.
What auto-refreshing?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
When an ad loads, it is constantly shifting the page while reading forums every 20 seconds or so. I don't know if the ad is trying to load and can't, but it constantly shifts and you lose where you are reading.
Ah thanks, I wasn't sure what you were referring to. I subscribe to Clear - I suspect the percentage of issues people have that end up being ad related is pretty damn high.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The Official Thread one takes up too much space, potentially just change it to OT?

That said when every thread starts using prefixes I think the forum is going to look clogged/messy pretty quickly. It's good at drawing attention to a few select threads but if most of them are using it... ehh...

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It might be better if those tags weren't in the title, but were next to the amount of views and comments. Right now it's already looking cluttered and uneven because of the different widths of the tags.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the tags really are ugly and I'd love to get rid of them. Especially the OT one. It already says OT in the title.

Torian

Aug 16, 2019
Came here for this. Horrible.
also please give the option to turn off the announcements at the top, I don't care what year someone is discussing.
I use the ignore function for that.

Great job with the tags - I always wanted a feature like that. Maybe tone down the coloring a little bit.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I like the tags!

But, I would suggest to actually use different colors to enhance the difference between them, not just "purple" and "a little bit lighter purple"

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I really doubt I'd read this board as much as I do without this custom theme to fix shit I don't like.

No idea if these thread labels are going to remain, but I've added in a new option to hide them on my theme. I've tweaked the Official Thread label so far, might tweak the others eventually.
I'm not updating or maintaining the userstyles.org version anymore, it literally takes me 10-20 minutes to login and have the pages load. From now on go here:

github.com

GitHub - mgreger/ResetEra_Dark: A dark theme for ResetEra.

A dark theme for ResetEra. Contribute to mgreger/ResetEra_Dark development by creating an account on GitHub.

There is a button you can click to install, and I have a screenshot on how to check for updates when I make changes. Anyways, I'm off to bed, good timing on this update 😃

lol.

Edit: Once installed, you click on the Stylus extension icon, then the gear next to my custom theme name. You'll get this dropdown and the option is here.

157iOy9.png

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really doubt I'd read this board as much as I do without this custom theme to fix shit I don't like.

610565035529601062.png

Now if only I could use this for mobile Chrome

EDIT: Hm, actually, I don't like the spacing between thread titles on this. Now I have to choose.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
The options on that custom theme are great... but I much prefer the standard fonts on the site without it installed so I don't know if I'll stick with it.