• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
After the site maintenance, the front page is slightly off. Text is difficult to read when looking at the boxes for each category.
ySALw7e.png

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
Looking into it, one of the add-on updates looks to have unexpected changes :(

:edit: Should now be reverted to previous behaviour, will attempt that upgrade again later this week

Last edited:

datschge

Oct 25, 2017
Just a question/request: Is there a way to see how many members watch/are subscribed to a particular thread?
I think there are plenty interesting threads that are watched by many but don't see much activity. I think it would motivate the members that keep those up to date to continue doing so if they know how many other members are watching them.
Personally I would find that number way more interesting than the current number of views and posts in the threads listings of the forums.

ajpw

Oct 27, 2017
is it possible to have the menubar on the left on desktop stay in place as you scroll down?

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any possibility to add a "Permanently Trust This Device" option for 2FA? 30 Days is far too short for me.

RE lover

Nov 5, 2017
For some reason, opening thread links in the background always takes me to the 2nd page of a thread, no matter how many pages it may have

I use safari and an iphone x

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Why do embeds of direct ResetEra post URLs on Discord always show preview text of the wrong post?

Example URL:
www.resetera.com

Bernie Sanders Drops Out Of Presidential Race

Copy-pasting from Reddit because it bears repeating.

What I see on Discord:

zS4r0eB.png

Edit: lol, i guess this isn't a Discord issue; the URL preview here on this post is also wrong

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any known issues with 2FA right now? My token expired on my mobile browsing session, and now it won't let me log in again. I get "The two-step verification value could not be confirmed. Please try again." every time. Fortunately I still have my desktop session logged in, at least for now.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
OK yeah, 2FA seems straight up broken right now, at least from Google Authenticator.

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
This can happen if your clock isn't synced as expected. I've poked at the server's time sync and it looks OK, so please try again.

You may need to enter it very quickly if the time-sync for your phone is dodgy.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
For what it's worth I haven't had any problems logging in on mobile and desktop with 2FA over the past two days. Maybe region specific?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Quoting myself for the new page... Is this a thing now?
Verified accounts are required to have it now, yes. We placed a notice at the top of the page for such users a few weeks ago. If you have issues feel free to hit "contact us" at the bottom of the page or PM me directly.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
not a bug, but I don't know where to post this. Is it ever in the realm of possibility to allow attachments here? Sometimes I just want to quickly add a photo to a post especially on mobile, and it's a pain to find somewhere to upload, upload, get a link and copy and paste the link into the post.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Is there a way to disable the "new posts have occurred, view them?"

It's virtually impossible to post replies on Firefox because the web page keeps going to the text about new posts. It moves the screen away from the reply box you are working on, trying to undo autocorrect failures. I end up just giving up after a while.

A disable would be nice. Personally I think it should be opt in because I don't see the feature being useful for many people. New posts on a forum? Water is wet. That sort of feature is more useful for corporate support forums where knowing the new reply is actually useful

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to disable the "new posts have occurred, view them?"

It's virtually impossible to post replies on Firefox because the web page keeps going to the text about new posts. It moves the screen away from the reply box you are working on, trying to undo autocorrect failures. I end up just giving up after a while.

A disable would be nice. Personally I think it should be opt in because I don't see the feature being useful for many people. New posts on a forum? Water is wet. That sort of feature is more useful for corporate support forums where knowing the new reply is actually useful
Are you talking about Firefox on Android? I use desktop Firefox always here, and I do not experience the behaviour you describe - the "new posts" box appears with no intrusion to the post typing experience.

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Are you talking about Firefox on Android? I use desktop Firefox always here, and I do not experience the behaviour you describe - the "new posts" box appears with no intrusion to the post typing experience.
Not Pwnz, but I use Firefox on Android and the behavior is exactly as they describe it. It is pretty annoying on mobile.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

Yes, it's Android.

Also I don't believe you can hold to paste a link.

Chrome has separate issues.

IBetUHav

Oct 27, 2017
Not a bug but can we get the dark/light theme menu option moved up to the top of the menu or make it part of the website banner?

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Have a bit of a weird bug that only happens on this webforum (I visit several of them). On my iPad Pro (2018) Safari browser, when I click on a thread that I've never previously visited, I will always be directed to page 2 instead of the OP. This only happens when I choose "open in new tab" and not if I open the thread in the same tab.

datschge

Oct 25, 2017
Safari on Apple devices loading the second page has been commonly reported.

My guess is that, since all links are "/unread" URLs, Safari on Apple devices preloads the links, essentially marking the first page as read. Then only when the background tab is actually activated the full page is load, which, since the forum already marked the first page as read, ends up being the second page.

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
This has probably been reported, but just in case it hasn't the hotkeys don't work after clicking on embedded media.

Steps to Reproduce
* Visit a thread with media embeds (like this one)
* Click on the YouTube video in the first post (or any other embed)
* Press 1,2,4,8 on your keyboard

Workaround
* Click on the webpage outside of the embedded media
* Press 1,2,4,8 on your keyboard

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to disable hotkeys? My laptop has this trash layout:
msi-gv62-keyboard-key-replacement.jpg

It's extremely aggravating to keep getting sent to the homepage everytime I miss my Up key. I hate having to look down at my keyboard every time I want to scroll up or down.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Could we get a "Open all in new tabs" option to click in the notifications menu? That would save alot of clicking.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I can't find the marketplace thread anymore. Why is that?
It's pinned right at the top of Gaming Hangouts.

www.resetera.com

Gaming Hangouts

If it's a community related to gaming, it has a home here! Official threads >1 month old, buy/sell/trade marketplace, gaming media fandoms, matchmaking, guilds and clans.

Maybe you ignored it?

www.resetera.com

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread | Read the New Rules in the OP | Scammers Suck

NOTICE: Games that are banned from discussion on ResetEra are also banned from being sold/bought/traded in this thread. The moderation team has taken action against users that have done so. The following games are currently banned: Hogwarts Legacy DISCLAIMER: The ResetEra administration has...

CeramicDragon

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Orange, CA
It's pinned right at the top of Gaming Hangouts.

www.resetera.com

Gaming Hangouts

If it's a community related to gaming, it has a home here! Official threads >1 month old, buy/sell/trade marketplace, gaming media fandoms, matchmaking, guilds and clans.

Maybe you ignored it?

www.resetera.com

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread | Read the New Rules in the OP | Scammers Suck

NOTICE: Games that are banned from discussion on ResetEra are also banned from being sold/bought/traded in this thread. The moderation team has taken action against users that have done so. The following games are currently banned: Hogwarts Legacy DISCLAIMER: The ResetEra administration has...

it's not pinned on mine. I didn't ignore it. Can u link the feedback thread?

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
it's not pinned on mine. I didn't ignore it. Can u link the feedback thread?
www.resetera.com

B/S/T Feedback Thread | Read the OP Please

2017 Buy/Sell/Trade Feedback Thread Welcome to the official Buy/Sell/Trade Feedback Thread! This thread is to be exclusively used for the reporting and discussion of feedback from transactions in the ResetEra Buy/Sell/Trade Thread. NOTE: Some users may state that they have feedback on the old...

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Non-binary Emoji Lookup

This may require some slight code update. The emoji suggestions should include a non-binary gender.

For example, typing ":shrugging" only lists man and woman, but not "person_shrugging." 🤷

I would go even further and suggest that women get listed before men. ✨

KE2JvMr.png

To recap, the lookup should include "person_shrugging" 🤷.

However, I notice that this isn't even limited to this forum. Even iOS and Windows only suggest gendered emoji when looking up items. 🤦

Nov 27, 2017
For the past few days, each page has taken a really long time to load for me. It seems like it doesn't happen in Incognito, so it seems like it's one of the tracker/cookie scripts. I just popped open my network traffic and it seems like a script from cdn.intergi.com might be the culprit?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The site straight up isn't loading for me on mobile, whether I'm in wi-fi or not. It just gives me a white screen.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Just curious if we could have "search in thread" installed for the forum, I understand its a feature Xenforo has?

Also any update on the text typing issues on mobile?

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
is there any way to ignore the thread created by a user without putting him on ignore?
in other words, i don't want to see the threads he makes but i don't mind his posts in other threads

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
The site straight up isn't loading for me on mobile, whether I'm in wi-fi or not. It just gives me a white screen.
A bug related to the image options & mobile devices has recently been fixed, can you see if it is still happening?

For the past few days, each page has taken a really long time to load for me. It seems like it doesn't happen in Incognito, so it seems like it's one of the tracker/cookie scripts. I just popped open my network traffic and it seems like a script from cdn.intergi.com might be the culprit?
In the last few months, a number of ISP around the world are experiencing significant increased bandwidth usage. As ResetEra uses CloudFlare it is possible the link between your ISP and ClouldFlare is suffering congestion due to the increased load collectively hitting CloudFlare.

I haven't seen it happen in other threads, but the opening post of this thread is at the top of each page: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...-2008-and-boo-project-2006-2007.198438/page-9

uEsIVNu.png

Gmm6Q1Y.png

I'm on the latest version of Firefox
Can you try without any ad-blocking or client-side css changes and see if anything changes?

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but is there a reason why the dark theme on Firefox mobile is way darker/more contrast between background+text than on Chrome or Safari? I'm on iOS. I prefer Firefox but I get eye fatigue looking at this site. No biggie but was just curious or if theres something wrong on my end.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
When I click on embedded twitter vids I just get a blank space, issue only started popping up today

iN1g8g1.png

Anything I can try to fix this?

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
After registering and verifying an account with an approved e-mail provider, I want to switch to a Gmail address. This is apparently disallowed, even though the benefits of restricting the provider no longer apply past the registration stage. Bug or misfeature?

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I have an writing/editing issue on iPhone (iOS 13.4.1 with Safari). Don't usually post on iPhone, especially not longer posts, which is why I only just now noticed this.

Made a video to showcase the issues:

At 49 seconds, you can also see me deleting the last letter of the line and the pointer immediately jumps to the previous line.

There are also other issues, like random upper and lower case, pointer jumping arround to random positions after pressing enter and text getting marked after you press enter. Noticed these only after I took the video, though. Will try to replicate them and post an other video, if you need me to.

---

Also, I know this is not a bug, but I'm kinda annoyed that watched threads are not showing up in the "Watched threads" section, just because I ignore the thread creator. Is it possible to add a toggle for this, so that watched threads permananently appear in that list? After all, I can't choose who creates the community thread nor am I watching the community thread because of that person. I'm watching the thread because of the community behind it.

Constantly having to scroll down to press on "Show ignored content" is really not an ideal solution and I just want to see the thread at all times. If a toggle for this could be added, I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited: