• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can the changes for ignored posts that are quoted be reverted? Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Oct 25, 2017
I like the ignored quote change. Mostly.

I kept getting confused or sometimes making a fool of myself by replying to posts that I had no idea were even responding to another post.
I still don't see the ignored post, but now I can actually tell when someone is quoting something.
No more situations where a post says something like "what is wrong with you" and I get on their case thinking that they're responding to OP and end up acting a fool.
It ended up making me choose "show ignored content" all the time to double check so that wouldn't happen, which defeated the point of having it.

My only request would be for the name of the ignored user to also remain hidden when quoted. Showing that sorta sucks.
And maybe to remove the "show ignored content" link from the quote so it's not as tempting to hit. Leave that only for the bottom of the page as usual.

Make the quote say "Ignored said: You are ignoring content by this member." And that's it. No name, no options.
Then I feel like I'd be getting the best of both worlds. The page would be clean but still clear.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whose bright idea was it to screw up the way ignore works?

Kinda defeats the point of it. The function worked fine before.

ItsTheShoes

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is there a way to include more ignore options for threads? It used to be easier when you entered a thread, clicked ignore and it returned you to the main thread list. The inclusion of "are you sure you really want to ignore this thread" is annoying and takes more time. Also, is there a select multiple threads I wish to ignore?

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cerium ?
At least an option to revert these changes to ignored posts?

Also, this happens when disabling and re-enabling. Windows 10 and Firefox 68.0.1
tNlQmY5.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind the change to ignore but the one fault that remains with its implementation is that it reveals every ignored post in the thread when you originally might've only wished to read one particular post only, often times if said ignored user has been quoted and I'd want to see what the context of the reply is. If a modification where you only see the post you've selected to see can be added I would be very grateful.

Hope the admins can look into that.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Can the changes for ignored posts that are quoted be reverted? Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?
Whose bright idea was it to screw up the way ignore works?

Kinda defeats the point of it. The function worked fine before.
Cerium ?
At least an option to revert these changes to ignored posts?
+1 to the above. Please consider either changing it back or adding an option for the old behavior.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Hey guys -- was taking a break after an all nighter. The change to the ignore function came bundled with a software update; we're working on reverting it to the function everyone is familiar with.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys -- was taking a break after an all nighter. The change to the ignore function came bundled with a software update; we're working on reverting it to the function everyone is familiar with.
Any chance the new functionality (or something like that) would still be an option? I prefer seeing that a post is a reply to an ignored poster and not just a weird out-of-context remark.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
I found why in some posts people seemed to reply to others by quoting them but apparently said nothing in their reply.
The typical case is as follows:
Code:
[QUOTE]
A quote to a previous user post
[/QUOTE]
[SPOILER="Snarky comment goes here"][/SPOILER]

This happens because they mistakenly put the content they want inside the spoiler tags in the spoiler attribute when the popup requesting for a title appears and then leave the spoiler content empty.
The spoiler generated is like this (you can quote this post to see that there is a spoiler tag next)

Currently this displays nothing because the user should have used this

Snarky comment goes here

Is there a feasible way to fix it so it displays something useful?

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Any chance the new functionality (or something like that) would still be an option? I prefer seeing that a post is a reply to an ignored poster and not just a weird out-of-context remark.
Unfortunately, at least in the current pipeline, it's going to be one or the other.

Might take us a day or so to get it sorted.

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
I have been having this weird issue where a dialog keeps popping up when I am on resetera saying the active user has changed. This has only started happening recently (past week or so). Anyone else getting this?

reseteraerrorh9je3.png

Added user options for Ignore Preferences
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Good news regarding the user ignore feature! After putting in some extra work, we found a way to provide members with an option to choose between the new version and the old. Under your Preferences, there should now be this toggle:

unknown.png

The default (no selection) will have the newer function, where content from ignored members will be indicated with a stub. If you choose the other option, it'll be as it was before -- all traces of content from ignored members will disappear.

Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Good news regarding the user ignore feature! After putting in some extra work, we found a way to provide members with an option to choose between the new version and the old. Under your Preferences, there should now be this toggle:

unknown.png

The default (no selection) will have the newer function, where content from ignored members will be indicated with a stub. If you choose the other option, it'll be as it was before -- all traces of content from ignored members will disappear.

Oh that's cool, thanks!

Known Editor / Bolding Issue
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Recently, whenever I add a URL to an existing post, all the below text gets the URL applied as well (even when it's not highlighted).

e.g. if this line is highlighted to add a url
down here will also have it applied.
The same glitch applies to other forms of formatting as well. I keep finding that when trying to italicize something, it catches some other stuff as well.

Test test test
I did it to the word "italicize" and it happened down here too
I bolded as well and now this is also bolded
And now the underline
Xenforo whoops

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The same glitch applies to other forms of formatting as well. I keep finding that when trying to italicize something, it catches some other stuff as well.

Test test test
And now the underline
Xenforo whoops
Hmm, I can't reproduce it.

If I underline bold and italicise this line (while highlighted)
this one is OK.

This is on Firefox Desktop, maybe it depends on platform.

NinjaEdit: Oh, it happens during editing. I see what you mean, lol. Now it happens.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if anyone else has noticed. I'm on Android, chrome browser.

If i write a long post or edit a post, the browser keeps jumping to a point that I can't see what I'm writing. It tries to keep the top of the text box in view, so it takes what I'm typing out of view. I suspect it's worse when I'm editing but it's annoying.

It makes it a struggle to easily add pictures or media as the window keeps jumping to a point it wants to be, not where I want to be. I also notice that it can be hard to navigate at that point. There isn't a great place to put my finger to move the window without selecting the window to type.

I'll have to pay attention as I post. This post right now has been ok so i suspect it's when I edit that's the problem. Unless y'all have recently addressed it and it was a problem in the past.

Edit:

Actually, I just tried out editing and it's not jumping around. Maybe I'm just thinking about the past and not what's been happening recently. If y'all did address it, thanks.

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
It is in the base platform which encodes a frustrating amount of scroll-to-editor things, I've been considering patching some of it out.

Vroadstar

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hey, not sure where to request, but requesting a self-ban. Tired of going to gaming forum but seeing an increase of political/social agendas being push around. Thanks!

Oct 25, 2017
I just tried putting an emoji in my post. Do we not have emoji anymore? 😭😓😥😢

Oh nvm I guess it just took a bit to load I see these

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

Test test test
And now the underline
Xenforo whoops
Yep, can relate. When I try to bold something everything below gets bolded too.

http:///P9Ad.png

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Hello, as of today the site isn't loading (at all) on my iPhone XR, in either safari or chrome. Says "network connection was lost." Am on mobile not wifi. Connection isn't the issue, as other sites load just fine. IOS is up to date on this phone.

My other iPhone it loads just fine. Weird. IOS is an old version.

Any ideas? Thanks v much.

Last edited:

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having long time mobile issues with "page encountered a problem and needs to reload" and EXTREMELY laggy typing, where whole words will not show up for like a full second or two after typing them.

On an iPhone 6S. Forgive me if these have been addressed or talked about, I'm sure I can't be the only one having them but this thread is not one I usually visit.

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having long time mobile issues with "page encountered a problem and needs to reload" and EXTREMELY laggy typing, where whole words will not show up for like a full second or two after typing them.

On an iPhone 6S. Forgive me if these have been addressed or talked about, I'm sure I can't be the only one having them but this thread is not one I usually visit.
On a iPhone X and have the same issues where every so often a page will crash and need to be reloaded.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Just as a note, you cannot automatically embed podcasts (shows) or episodes (episodes) using the Media function as it gets upset, but you can change the code manually to do it. Im guessing this can be updated in the backend to just work on its own?

I'm not sure why the media window for the embeds is so large though.

Code:
[MEDIA=spotify]episode/5PdTxYTKR249qHlvB20hqT[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA=spotify]show/44YvwJyqsCEEhNZBxuXZQ9[/MEDIA]

Last edited:

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
No bug but maybe a feature/design request for the next update:

Is there any possibility that you "scram" the top of the site in mobile view? I already put all pinned thread in ignore, but I still have to scroll a fair bit to see actual content. I'd love to see the newest threads at first glance when visiting the gaming forums

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Is there any way to add a filter or something that will show all the media in a thread in one place? For instance, if there was a 10 page thread, it would just show a gallery of all the images / gifs that were posted in it to make it easy to find content you're looking for instead of having to go through one page at a time.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017

I'm getting that. It's been about 2 weeks. I'm on chrome mobile, even just updated to Android 10. So it happened on both 9 and 10. I was worried it was due to be installing Avast but it's only this website.

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes when I click on a thread I never visited before, I will start on the second page. On Chrome running off of IOS

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
couple of requests:

-There's no real way that I've found to "unfollow" a thread. If you reply in a thread, then ignore it, you'll sometimes still get notifications that people are replying in it. This is especially aggrevating, because it seems random: sometimes topics I *want* to follow, that I've either posted in or made myself, will get posts in them and I'll get no notification at all, even when people are quoting my posts directly.

-Even if you ignore a thread or a user, you'll still see them in the https://www.resetera.com/ front page forum list

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I have a problem with the markup. Anytime I select a word or sentence and, say, make it bolded or insert a link, the same thing will be applied to the rest of my message below it with the exception of the very next line. For example:
Example Text Example Text Example Text Example Text Example Text​

Making one of the words in the first line italic will result in this:

Example Text Example Text Example Text Example Text Example Text
This happens with all markup options that alter the text somehow, so: bold, italic, underline, strike-through, text color, font family, font size and insert link.

I don't know exactly when it started, but I think a couple of weeks ago. I use macOS 10.14.5, FireFox 69.0 (latest version) and Flash is up to date.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I have a problem with the markup. Anytime I select a word or sentence and, say, make it bolded or insert a link, the same thing will be applied to the rest of my message below it with the exception of the very next line. For example:

Making one of the words in the first line italic will result in this:

Example Text Example Text Example Text Example Text Example Text
This happens with all markup options that alter the text somehow, so: bold, italic, underline, strike-through, text color, font family, font size and insert link.

I don't know exactly when it started, but I think a couple of weeks ago. I use macOS 10.14.5, FireFox 69.0 (latest version) and Flash is up to date.
This is related to the Known Editor / Bolding threadmark, I think. No fix currently.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure where to post this or if it's even on me, but I sent an email to the address specified in the Verified Member Program thread and got this automated response:

HNPzaOA.png

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Not sure if this should go in the GiftBot 2.0 thread or here, I guess here.

GiftBot PMed me saying I won a giveaway and gave me the key, and then 9 minutes later sent me a notification that said I lost.
When I checked the giveaway post (after I got the notification saying I lost), there was indeed another user's name next to the key I won.
The game I won was "Anima: Gate of Memories". It says "Jakenbakin" won, when it sent me the key previously.
This happened to another user in the same giveaway: user Jsunu (in post #2306 of the Giveaway Extravaganza thread, trying not to tag/quote since I don't want to bother people" says they won "Roombo: First Blood", when the giveaway post says user leburn98 won.

The giveaway in question is quoted below.