• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
On mobile there is currently large space gaps between the "number of views" icon and the actual numbers for each thread title. Also for the posts icon and numbers Not sure if this a formatting bug? It's on each thread title.
SeNOxlYvVULrAZG4DW9Tn7SKhXkuWhM5w5axQkW_xknCQn4300UalzoJFbpt7Et8o3BM_ulior0rWLeqZSBxpNsousq-r2EWDVrsaomqvOtfgqsWbus-dnV812wqm69NdgQfS6sPR0Els5xwzGBqHkJnvSuSGZ50wEa_6AZGVbcwKpAhSzNacFD5jz5JGBDGp5yYRGwOObboLxpYp1LL13Q_ssFp1tlWV6ipnvAXXpP1BlWO69lXs0-9wMU3jHI9f2bVdD_VhtJZD2DlguZQAW56_kf4vX2pIybHyveYj-2VBPmPawS8iwLsuC4PAKSJBnp6bnWVIs0D4J34hSeK15yA5gPP-fOiz136PRKQOxn-WNIIORfhiROEyKrDQFfi8TPblEJgHl4gX633od53Zy7IPR7QSDD_BocAnFq3RQ9LQB-d6jwTzuyy3cifxHQyQLOVUx1xRMcGklSzM46jc6v0liJ_j8VTU778KbTuI3MgTE8qrb_axZoCMZSv0GsCnRrcT7vAw67xU4TXM4vpKQVk2tpTz8_bQmiZjxnLjqLH009vjWOK7cUKgzcBPdri0eHmSDi3u9--Vpl02A2ATy9c6GAOENxRhsCF1vo5Y8N29j-kcL3A-N3MZ1P0miLcIaQfQ6F5thw_jqSU-g-ctPvFJFcJh5I=w562-h937-no

Update: Thanks for fixing it, dev team!

Last edited:

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
How does following a user work? I follow some people, but don't get any alerts when they post something.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
When I go to add a cover image to my profile like I used to do, I get the following message and no image showing up:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
No image has been specified.

Firefox

Oct 27, 2017
What would be really useful is for a "refresh" button that did not load the entire page again, but only new posts.

Is this on the roadmap?

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
What would be really useful is for a "refresh" button that did not load the entire page again, but only new posts.

Is this on the roadmap?
You can sort of achieve this by mashing keyboard in to the reply box, then the "refresh without loading the whole page" button will appear above if there have been any new posts recently.

Would be wonderful if this were to be made a proper feature, I agree!

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to ignore a thread without opening it? If not that should really be a feature for those ignoring threads to avoid spoilers.

Also ignored threads still show up in the "most recently posted" slot of the home page.

Lastly, replying on mobile faces extreme slowdown and lag for me, samsung/android device. Its especially bad when there have been updates to the thread while typing.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Is this on the roadmap?
I use a script to do so but an easy way is to just click the post number of the last post so it reloads the whole page and jumps you directly to that post.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Will there ever be a way to autowatch new threads from an ongoing series, instead of having to do so manually? I keep forgetting to do so, missing pages of discussions from time to time.

Crocks

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've lost track of how many times I've told the site to "never ask me again" about push notifications.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible to turn off notifications for replies to watch threads? I keep thinking someone has actually engaged with me via a quote lol.

access tv

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, big fan of the new stand-alone hyperlink media type:

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I encounter readability issues due to the ellipses at the end of longer headlines (as I believe is seen above). Fortunately, I think readability is easily improved by simply removing a single line of bbCode CSS:

CSS:
.bbCodeBlock--unfurl .contentRow-header {
    white-space: nowrap; /* ## Remove to enable default text-wrap */
    word-wrap: normal; /* ## This can go, too */
    text-overflow: ellipsis; /* ## As can this */
}

The text wraps elegantly, readable on desktop and, I'd imagine, on mobile (on PC right now):

bbcodeq0joa.png

Site's great, y'all. Thanks for working so hard!

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It makes the text a little smaller on my phone (about the same on my PC) but being able to read the entire headline is well worth the smaller text for me. Then again, it may just be the picture being used making it look smaller. Please implement this fix.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hey staff, is it possible at all to narrow down ignoring forums in triggering the removal of the sidebar of the chosen ignored forum? So for me I've ignored all the off-topic forums but was wondering if in doing that it could also remove them from the sidebar? It isn't a huge deal as it isn't stopping me from accessing the site but just wondering for the sake of cleanliness. Cheers!

access tv

Oct 25, 2017
It makes the text a little smaller on my phone (about the same on my PC) but being able to read the entire headline is well worth the smaller text for me. Then again, it may just be the picture being used making it look smaller. Please implement this fix.
Yeah, that's just the image. Text size stays the same removing the text-wrapping code.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but the sidebar is playing up when using my iPhone 6. I can't scroll to the bottom and enable dark mode because, when I tap it, it keeps bringing up Safari's navigation toolbar.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but the sidebar is playing up when using my iPhone 6. I can't scroll to the bottom and enable dark mode because, when I tap it, it keeps bringing up Safari's navigation toolbar.

I've also noticed this issue yesterday and it is annoying. Luckily it is still possible to enable modes through settings.

IPhone 6 Plus.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Site's really slow and unresponsive on mobile right now. Firefox as well as Chromium browsers under Android. Pictures keep on breaking, Avatars not loading, ... It's also only Era, everything else works fine.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
On chrome my post options are greyed out ( everything from Remove formatting-Drafts) only Toggle BB code is available, however this isn't a problem on my iphone.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Hey I just wanna chime in and say I love the ignore thread function! I've been using it almost every day. Is there a limit on how many threads you can ignore? Because I'm at 16 pages already if I go to my ignore threads settings.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Got a few bugs on Chrome on mobile that have been happening long enough for me to feel the need to report them. Sorry in advance if they're already known.

When you load a page the ad banner takes several seconds to load in, and when it does it pushes the entire page down. This has repeatedly caused me to tap a different thread title and other things due to it loading in right when I tap. It'd be nice if the size of the banner is coded in to the layout, so when the ad loads it doesn't move the page.

Additionally, I can't type something in search if I'm in a thread. Opening search and tapping in the search field will a second later kick me out. I have to go to a main forum to use search.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
When you load a page the ad banner takes several seconds to load in, and when it does it pushes the entire page down. This has repeatedly caused me to tap a different thread title and other things due to it loading in right when I tap. It'd be nice if the size of the banner is coded in to the layout, so when the ad loads it doesn't move the page.

The vertical size of the ad banner seems to be dynamic. They could probably use the biggest possible size, but it would leave an empty area with most ads.

I find this annoying too, though.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
The ads kicking the page all around is making the site borderline unusable for me. Constantly clicking through to wrong areas on the site. So annoying.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Is there a way to make it so when I click on the thread title of a thread I've visited before to just go to the OP? I prefer that than to be taken to the "newest for me" post.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Ads recently started flickering in and out and removing focus from the post textarea. Looks like the top ad can't load properly. Can this be fixed in any way or should I just hope it stops eventually?
It's strange that this new issue would crop up now -- we haven't changed anything on our end, so I've forwarded the issue to our ad partners to see if they have any idea what's up. Thanks for the reports.

Hey I just wanna chime in and say I love the ignore thread function! I've been using it almost every day. Is there a limit on how many threads you can ignore? Because I'm at 16 pages already if I go to my ignore threads settings.
I do not believe there is a limit. Glad you like the feature!

We've investigated solutions to this and unfortunately there isn't a perfect one. The best we could do is create a fixed container for it, and we did in fact test that solution on the old design, but the result was that it cut off the "Report Ad" link underneath the ads and members were no longer able to report bad ads directly. That obviously generated a lot of complaints as well, and in the end we decided to err on the side of allowing reports.

Is there a way to make it so when I click on the thread title of a thread I've visited before to just go to the OP? I prefer that than to be taken to the "newest for me" post.
You can click on the "Left Arrow" button on the right side of each thread to get to the OP from the thread list.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
It's strange that this new issue would crop up now -- we haven't changed anything on our end, so I've forwarded the issue to our ad partners to see if they have any idea what's up. Thanks for the reports.

I think there's a possibility it was some specific ads that wouldn't load properly causing the flicker. The "Report Ad" link was there in those cases, if I remember correctly. Should I/we report ads that cause the issue, writing that they don't load properly? Or is it something the ad company can verify on their own?

Thank you anyways - that hasn't happened again in the last couple days.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any idea if a mobile app is something y'all would consider? At this point I literally just use the browser for ResetEra.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Hi team, this isn't a big moreso a request.

On the main forum pages you can click the text or the white space in the row to go to the post (essentially just clicking the link).

On Safari (iPad/iPad Pro) you can tap a link with two fingers to open it in a new tab. However on the forum page it only works if you tap the text, not the white space.

Is it possible to get this looked at, so you can two-finger tap the white space to open in a new tab?

The problem is sometimes the text is too small to two-finger tap (at least comfortably), being able just to tap the white space would be much easier.

Thank you ResetEra design team.

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018

AdiGrateles

Dec 6, 2017
Been meaning to ask about this a while back:

When I first started lurking ResetERA (circa late 2018), I remember you needed to have around 400 posts before you could start creating threads. I noticed a few months back that despite only having ~100 posts, the option to create threads was now available to me.

Has there been any post highlighting the change? I'd try to use the search button, but I'm not sure what keywords could help lead me to it.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Been meaning to ask about this a while back:

When I first started lurking ResetERA (circa late 2018), I remember you needed to have around 400 posts before you could start creating threads. I noticed a few months back that despite only having ~100 posts, the option to create threads was now available to me.

Has there been any post highlighting the change? I'd try to use the search button, but I'm not sure what keywords could help lead me to it.
Thread Creation Privileges

New members are not able to create threads from the outset -- this is a privilege that must be earned. In order to post new threads your account will need to be at least 30 days old and have at least 100 posts. Once these two conditions are met, your account will be automatically granted its new permissions. If you have a great idea for a thread but do not yet have privileges, another member may be willing to post it on your behalf if you ask for help.
www.resetera.com

General Guide to ResetEra

Your Account Everything you need to know about creating and keeping an account on ResetEra. Registration Free or disposable email providers are not accepted for registration -- this measure is our best tool to prevent trolls or banned members from creating multiple accounts. All new accounts...

AdiGrateles

Dec 6, 2017
www.resetera.com

General Guide to ResetEra

Your Account Everything you need to know about creating and keeping an account on ResetEra. Registration Free or disposable email providers are not accepted for registration -- this measure is our best tool to prevent trolls or banned members from creating multiple accounts. All new accounts...
Cheers!

Seems like they've always set the requirement at 100. Thought it was much higher for so long.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
So, I guess the Push Notifications pop-up is supposed to be saving my settings? But, I keep getting it every time I visit the site, despite pressing "Never ask me again" each time. Thought it might be an issue with private browsing, but it happens on my phone too, where I don't browse incognito. So, it might be a bug? Anyone else with similar issues, or is this just a me problem?

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still running into problems with high CPU usage in Firefox after editing/previewing posts:
resetera-cpu-usage-s1j9h.png

That's all caused by two ResetEra tabs.

Rook

Oct 30, 2017
Hi, is this the right place to get in touch with devs? Curious if it's possible to bring back the PWA/standalone mode and if not, what's holding it back. Would love a reply when you all have time 🙏

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I switched to firefox today from chrome and noticed that the hamburger button doesn't seem to extend the forums out to the sides like it did on chrome. It acts like it wants to extend them but instead it snaps back to the middle so I have all of the empty space on the side and I hate it. Is this just a firefox issue or something with the site?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I switched to firefox today from chrome and noticed that the hamburger button doesn't seem to extend the forums out to the sides like it did on chrome. It acts like it wants to extend them but instead it snaps back to the middle so I have all of the empty space on the side and I hate it. Is this just a firefox issue or something with the site?
Weirdly I found out that this goes away if the you scale the site, so yeah I think it's a FF thing. On my work laptop I have it set to 110% and it fills the full width.