• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMan

Arcade Stick Dev
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
San Diego, CA
A new adventure awaits...

24211612728_8602ceee35_b.jpg

Hello resetera members! My name is MarkMan. I originally started this thread on the old forum almost 15 years ago. The reason why I love this thread is because of... perspective. It shows what people are into. It shows what people are spending their money on and it shows who pays attention to what (and why).

It can be a drain on the wallet, sure... but it can also be a reminder of things I want (or don't want).

It brings people together with common interests and it is a way for me to chronicle my journey as a gamer & individual as the years go by.

You know... I first started this thread back in 2006 with a clear goal to see REAL photos (not something I can google online) because I wanted to see the personality & individuality in what we all like.

resetera SEPTEMBER 2020 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

Dear resetera,

We have reached the NINTH month of 2020 and a new decade of gaming!! Happy New Month and hope you have a nice and safe one.

The world has been devastated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Please stay home and stay safe. WEAR A MASK TOO!

Achievement Unlocked! 3/4th of the way through 2020!

In typical new month fashion, let's reflect on the previous month and post our favorite pick-ups from August 2020. As we go through September 2020, let's post our latest pick-ups as well! Take care everyone!

Your Neighborhood Friendly,
MarkMan

Welcome to the NEW monthly tradition on resetera! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

---

Here are some of my favorite recent pick-ups from August!

117821910_191388939074261_7835616040210861174_n.jpg

This one is fun and special! If you're a fan of Resident Evil, you may notice the tilted poster is similar to the one that was in the original PS1 Resident Evil and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis! This is a re-imagining collaboration between myself and artist Richard Suwono. You can see the original one below...

117308499_231025551398908_8635039651367271305_n.jpg

Neat huh?

117951258_922803401548818_6792668446615593862_n.jpg

I got the Japan exclusive Air Jordan 3 Denim! The difference between the wide release? It has NIKE in katakana on the heel tab.

118239881_182408456617569_2395803903931488858_n.jpg

... another shot/angle.

Take care everyone. Wear a mask.

Have a good one, resetera! If you'd like to follow my adventures, please follow me on twitter or instagram (both accounts are @MarkMan23)!

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
My god, how many shoes do you own and where do you keep them all? :D

I really haven't been spending that much money lately, saving up for the PS5 and trying to play what I have before bying new stuff.
I got this old classic last month, played it before not sure I really like it. But felt I needed it in my JRPG collection.

tLxhRUZ.jpg

And I finally got my hands on genuine Pyra & Mythra figures, so happy about that! A friend of mine sold them, so I got them way cheaper than the reissues would cost me. KOS-MOS should arrive any day now..
Rcsxh6u.jpg

Wolfram

Nov 6, 2018
I hope these count. Pre-ordered in August. My screenshots :)

AYFWg2W.png
swRHs84.png

Then there's this guy on the right:

oUHQZ77.jpg

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up a raphnet Adapter to use my SNES controller for GBA games as well for some Wii games.

There was a huge arrow sale so I picked up a ton of films. It's a random assortment of my fav classics (oldboy/bigtrouble/hills have eyes) and a bunch of films that either have some historical impact or are from a director/producer who's work I admire

DG2TM30.jpg
K5DAW5o.jpg

a0QmrLQ.jpg

4DY76Vs.jpg

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Personalized YETI tumbler that I ordered in August finally arrived, and the quality didn't disappoint.
cR6MjOq.jpg

z8fFEN9.jpg

Last edited:

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
My god, how many shoes do you own and where do you keep them all? :D

I really haven't been spending that much money lately, saving up for the PS5 and trying to play what I have before bying new stuff.
I got this old classic last month, played it before not sure I really like it. But felt I needed it in my JRPG collection.

tLxhRUZ.jpg
Can't believe Ubisoft published this. When did they last publish a JRPG ...

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
My copy of KOF 98 arrived this week and I also got another PS3 Favoritos game. Now I'm missing just two games to finish this subset. Probably tonight or tomorrow or sunday I'm going to post my biggest haul ever. I can't wait.

6Qv2fvVl.jpg

FaffEra

Chicken Chaser
Nov 8, 2017
UK
Got a genuine gba link cable from eBay. Reshelled the poor condition gba I had as well:
H5mGn1W.jpeg

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
A new adventure awaits...

24211612728_8602ceee35_b.jpg

Hello resetera members! My name is MarkMan. I originally started this thread on the old forum almost 15 years ago. The reason why I love this thread is because of... perspective. It shows what people are into. It shows what people are spending their money on and it shows who pays attention to what (and why).

It can be a drain on the wallet, sure... but it can also be a reminder of things I want (or don't want).

It brings people together with common interests and it is a way for me to chronicle my journey as a gamer & individual as the years go by.

You know... I first started this thread back in 2006 with a clear goal to see REAL photos (not something I can google online) because I wanted to see the personality & individuality in what we all like.

resetera SEPTEMBER 2020 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

Dear resetera,

We have reached the NINTH month of 2020 and a new decade of gaming!! Happy New Month and hope you have a nice and safe one.

The world has been devastated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Please stay home and stay safe. WEAR A MASK TOO!

Achievement Unlocked! 3/4th of the way through 2020!

In typical new month fashion, let's reflect on the previous month and post our favorite pick-ups from August 2020. As we go through September 2020, let's post our latest pick-ups as well! Take care everyone!

Your Neighborhood Friendly,
MarkMan

Welcome to the NEW monthly tradition on resetera! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

---

Here are some of my favorite recent pick-ups from August!

117821910_191388939074261_7835616040210861174_n.jpg

This one is fun and special! If you're a fan of Resident Evil, you may notice the tilted poster is similar to the one that was in the original PS1 Resident Evil and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis! This is a re-imagining collaboration between myself and artist Richard Suwono. You can see the original one below...

117308499_231025551398908_8635039651367271305_n.jpg

Neat huh?

117951258_922803401548818_6792668446615593862_n.jpg

I got the Japan exclusive Air Jordan 3 Denim! The difference between the wide release? It has NIKE in katakana on the heel tab.

118239881_182408456617569_2395803903931488858_n.jpg

... another shot/angle.

Take care everyone. Wear a mask.

Have a good one, resetera! If you'd like to follow my adventures, please follow me on twitter or instagram (both accounts are @MarkMan23)!

Resident Evil poster is awesome, very cool project.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up a silver Vita 2000 Dragon Quest Builders edition and a 200gb SD card. I have the box and audio jack slime too but I didn't take pics yet.

50305753831_68d6497944_o.jpg

50305905147_e1b1fd3a0c_o.jpg

50305905117_cd0a243d21_o.jpg

50305753806_bce1af252f_o.jpg

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Crossposting from elsewhere on the forums:

nHuR1So.jpg

The first pair of Air Jordan 1s that are actually my true size, my first-ever Win on Nike's SNKRS app, and truly a pair I was desperately wanting to get a hold of.

Can't wait to rock these.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Personalized YETI tumbler that I ordered in August finally arrived, and the quality didn't disappoint.
cR6MjOq.jpg

z8fFEN9.jpg
Aw man! I tried tipping the cup one way, but should've tipped it the other way and now I have coffee all over my shirt!!

I don't know why, but I have a fascination with financial calculators for some reason. I was reading through the manual for my HP17BII+ (yeah, I do that sometimes) and thought about getting a newer one.
hHbTDY9.jpg

Unfortunately, the one I got has a friggen really bad keyboard where some of the keys just don't travel at all and when you actually get some of the presses to register, it'll like double-input. I was able to "fix" some of the buttons by wiggling it back and forth with this ifixit pry knife thingy I have, but it seemed to just mess up other keys around the one I "fixed."

I also got one of these, lol.
XAxd44X.jpg

This is the third 12C I've owned. The one have now is fine and everything. My first one (which wasn't that old, like early 2000s) had a better feeling keyboard on it (more "rubbery" feeling softer buttons, less hard plastic like my latest one), but it was stolen in a break in (it was in my laptop bag, they didn't like specifically steal my calculator lol).
I ordered this one from ebay because it's a way old model that's made in the USA. It has that great feeling keyboard and got the manual from another seller.

I don't know why I like them so much. I don't like... work in finance or loans or whatever.

Av5yAhY.jpg

This was an impulse buy. Saw a video of it posted on JTB's discord channel and I thought it looked neat. Now I need to find wherever I put my 3DS charger.

So this...
U048neE.jpg

If I play this game, it's gonna be on my Xbox One. I noticed that availability for this game was kinda limited, especially for the PS4 version for some reason, online. I just picked up a copy when I went to Walmart who only had 3 copies left, but had a bunch more PS4 copies last time I looked for and Xbox One copy (they didn't have any of those at my local store so I ordered it from Walmart's online store).

Got a digital copy of the new Bill & Ted movie.
tfVbjQv.jpg

Best way I know how to describe how I feel about it was that almost the entire time I was watching it I was smiling. I loved it.

I'm hoping there'll be some special 3-pack set when it hits blu-ray for the collection of movies. I missed the boat for the Excellent Adventures and Bogus Journey steelbooks (way too pricey) now. I actually had those on order too, but cancelled because "Oh I don't need these now!"

I even gifted my sister a 30 dollar Amazon gift card so she could buy it too (and rent Bogus Journey which she never saw). She's been kinda sick though lately, so she hasn't even gotten around to redeeming it yet.

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
Friday night I picked up my biggest game purchase ever: 389 CIB (there are 3 that doesn't have the manuals) games in total for Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance. There are duplicates that I'm gping to sell but there's a lot of great stuff that I didn't own. The price was very good as well. Bought it all from one collector.

Gameboy
wzGYjJTh.jpg
edW5lqbh.jpg

Gameboy Color
NXMbt8Bh.jpg
A9QVJNPh.jpg
PJfhXNph.jpg
iRE0lowh.jpg

Gameboy Advance
m2nUHeRh.jpg
5vRyBaDh.jpg
CJ9Q9Brh.jpg
roqBbSBh.jpg
bY1ekwFh.jpg

The highlights for me:
ot0K8dQh.jpg

I never expected to get a copy of Shantae that looks this good. Space Marauder is really hard to find boxed and this one looks like new.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up a silver Vita 2000 Dragon Quest Builders edition and a 200gb SD card. I have the box and audio jack slime too but I didn't take pics yet.

50305753806_bce1af252f_o.jpg

Wait, what. Is that an adapter to use regular micro SD cards as Vita memory?! How did I not know these exist. Shouldn't that be a game changer everyone knows about?

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what. Is that an adapter to use regular micro SD cards as Vita memory?! How did I not know these exist. Shouldn't that be a game changer everyone knows about?

I thought most people did tbh. :p

But yeah it's a gamechanger for sure, you just need homebrew installed. The only downside is that it uses the game card slot so you gotta be digital.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Friday night I picked up my biggest game purchase ever: 389 CIB (there are 3 that doesn't have the manuals) games in total for Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance. There are duplicates that I'm gping to sell but there's a lot of great stuff that I didn't own. The price was very good as well. Bought it all from one collector.

I never expected to get a copy of Shantae that looks this good. Space Marauder is really hard to find boxed and this one looks like new.
Let me just say:
HOLY SHIT
That's a really nice haul. Can I ask how much you paid for all that?

nny

Oct 25, 2017
Physical copies of games that I own digitally, from all over the world (Oreshika is in Japanese, so I got that SE for cheap just for that Vita pouch :P)

LPVsWDO.jpg

Gameboy
wzGYjJTh.jpg
edW5lqbh.jpg

Gameboy Color
NXMbt8Bh.jpg
A9QVJNPh.jpg
PJfhXNph.jpg
iRE0lowh.jpg

Gameboy Advance
m2nUHeRh.jpg
5vRyBaDh.jpg
CJ9Q9Brh.jpg
roqBbSBh.jpg
bY1ekwFh.jpg

The highlights for me:
ot0K8dQh.jpg

Just beautiful!

RenorMirshann

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Poland
xrjwhIZ.jpg

Finally found a complete Mushishi manga for a good price.

I haven't heard good things about the translation (it's Polish edition) but I'm wiling to suffer a little if the stories themselves are great.

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
oh my goodness, Galdius

what a haul

and JustinH old-school hp calculators are just cool

Galdius Nice! that's a really incredible Gameboy pickup!

Thanks everyone!

Let me just say:
HOLY SHIT
That's a really nice haul. Can I ask how much you paid for all that?

It wasn't cheap but I think I got great deal for the whole lot considering the condition of the games.
It was around US$8k.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks everyone!

It wasn't cheap but I think I got great deal for the whole lot considering the condition of the games.
It was around US$8k.

that's amazing!! This might be one of my favorite pickups ever in these threads. Any more jelly and I'd be smuckers.

how did you ensure their authenticity? Did you take several apart? Did you have some method of assurance?

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
that's amazing!! This might be one of my favorite pickups ever in these threads. Any more jelly and I'd be smuckers.

how did you ensure their authenticity? Did you take several apart? Did you have some method of assurance?

Thanks! First, I knew the collector from afew years ago and my friend who introduced us told me several time that everything would be authentic. Also, I went through everything checking the condition, manuals, carts and to know if they weren't fakes. It took me some time to organize everything but it was REALLY worth it.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks! First, I knew the collector from afew years ago and my friend who introduced us told me several time that everything would be authentic. Also, I went through everything checking the condition, manuals, carts and to know if they weren't fakes. It took me some time to organize everything but it was REALLY worth it.

That's amazing. Hell of a pickup.

Talk about finding the right person, though. I'd love to say that if I would have run into that deal I'd have snagged it... but $8K to randomly drop on video games unexpectedly would be a super tough pill to swallow. I think you're gonna be really happy with that purchase for a looooong time.

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017

Talk about finding the right person, though. I'd love to say that if I would have run into that deal I'd have snagged it... but $8K to randomly drop on video games unexpectedly would be a super tough pill to swallow. I think you're gonna be really happy with that purchase for a looooong time.

$8k on games is a lot even when expecting lol

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017

I used to fear dropping dollars like that but have come to realize how well most of this stuff holds in value. If you get a good deal on a lot where you can make a good chunk of money back, I always do it.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
WGAlmYN.jpg

Forgot to post this last time. Of course I was gonna get the latest Dragon Ball manga release. Even if it only goes up to Chapter 48, and I read them already on Viz's website and they're up to chapters 61-63 for their current free chapters.

L7BlB9t.jpg

Ordered a used copy of Wasteland 2 for PS4 since I recently got Wasteland 3 on PS4. Also got my copy of Wasteland 3 for Xbox One from Walmart (I bought it from them because they still had it for 50 dollars there).

Another PS4 game... another PS4 disc sliding around inside the case. Even Wasteland 3, which I bought in a retail store, had the disc sliding around.

This is my first game that says "Xbox One" and "Xbox Series X" on the cover art.
Something I noticed is that it says "4K Ultra HD" on the back, but they don't say "Xbox One X enhanced" anymore. I guess that makes sense, but it's just something I noticed.

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
holy shit at that gameboy collection Galdius - congrats! You must have an amazing collection otherwise, have you posted pics or annotated it anywhere so i can enjoy it vicariously?

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit at that gameboy collection Galdius - congrats! You must have an amazing collection otherwise, have you posted pics or annotated it anywhere so i can enjoy it vicariously?

Thanks! I still have to post pictures this year but I'm buying a lot and I need even more shelves after this lot. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some pictures next week on the gaming setup thread.

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
Went to a local store whose owner I've known for a while. Got a good price on FE and he gave me Burnout 3 for free (I've been interested in this series a bit ever since I found out the history of Criterion, though never played any before)... Rollerball's soundtrack is KILLER.

118769112_10157902983208983_518020058189885048_n.jpg

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
An early Birthday present from my fiancé

Oh! Happy birthday (did I miss it lol?)!

Do those Apple watches have any storage? Like could I use it as an MP3 player with my earbuds, or can it only stream music from spotify or whatever.

Picked this up when I took a trip to Walmart earlier today.
s8NlnFo.jpg

I loved it and just never got around to buying a physical copy because I played it on Game Pass.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the covers are all "foiled" and shiny like they were at launch. It's kinda dumb, but that kinda makes me want to find a used one with a shiny cover on ebay.

Last edited:

Nights

Oct 27, 2017
Well, after ordering it a month ago and a lot of issues with shipping due to Corona Virus issues, I've finally got a complete collection of the modern series of Touhou + a few Fan Games as well as some extras. It kind of means a lot to me because I found the series around 2010, when I was having a lot of issues at home when I was younger. I pirated most of the series at the time because I was extremely poor and had no clue how to even get the games. So adding these to my collection means a lot to me. Even if it did cost nearly 600$. Kind of want to find a way to display them front facing out instead of spine out, since I really like the art on the covers.

Also replaced my N3DSXL and picked up a Vita with LBP thanks to a great deal from a friend (100$ total for both), but this is really the highlight. Lol

xxNPjiq.jpg

wvM1GNf.jpg

4TzXZgh.jpg

kgBv8Y7.jpg

yv5cwOP.jpg

UpeuoyO.jpg

Z9njE0t.jpg

hDKoro0.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Well, after ordering it a month ago and a lot of issues with shipping due to Corona Virus issues, I've finally got a complete collection of the modern series of Touhou + a few Fan Games as well as some extras. It kind of means a lot to me because I found the series around 2010, when I was having a lot of issues at home when I was younger. I pirated most of the series at the time because I was extremely poor and had no clue how to even get the games. So adding these to my collection means a lot to me. Even if it did cost nearly 600$. Kind of want to find a way to display them front facing out instead of spine out, since I really like the art on the covers.

Also replaced my N3DSXL and picked up a Vita with LBP thanks to a great deal from a friend (100$ total for both), but this is really the highlight. Lol

xxNPjiq.jpg

wvM1GNf.jpg

4TzXZgh.jpg

kgBv8Y7.jpg

yv5cwOP.jpg

UpeuoyO.jpg

Z9njE0t.jpg

hDKoro0.jpg
I've never dabbled in that series, but damn that's a really awesome pick up!

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Got some cool stuff :D

Iv3UKN0.jpg

P6ONBe0.jpg

not pictured:

Marvel's Avengers (Steam)
Cable Management stuff (J-Channel, cable clamps, velcro pads, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.