• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Edit: decided to keep thoughts to myself.
It was a more serious and disturbing matter of course but there was a lot more unity between mods and the userbase back then to organise that sort of exodus. Things seem much more fractured and divided now.

It does make me wonder what would have happened if Gaf was bought out in 2017 before the incident and how the userbase and mods then would have reacted. I can't imagine joining a family of pro-gg forums at that time would have been received too well.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You are fine with giving your money or giving the money earned from your engagement with the site to people who owns and foster communities that think making fun of minorites are fine? I really do not see a "Win" clause for our community itself.

We all give our money to Disney and Warner Bros and Microsoft and Sony and all manner of other companies that engage with toxic, horrible people while pretending to be progressive. This is the unfortunate true face of capitalism: no matter how progressive you try to be, somehow, somewhere, a scumbag is gonna get their hands on the money you generate.

If MOBAnet actively fucks around with the site, I will complain, and loudly. Everyone on Era knows how loud I am when I want to be. But until they actively start doing that, it's not worth my time to run around screaming about it.

It's not so much trust as what else is there to do? Go somewhere else to discuss games that's likely to be what people are concerned Era might become, or stay on it until that actually happens and enjoy the time until then?

It isn't trust, it's hope.

Also this. I would rather hope things don't change and be disappointed when they do than drive myself insane assuming things definitely will.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Late to the drama and not going to go into the whole "Should mods be paid or not"-debacle, but I do want to say that this buy-out doesn't sound good. I mean, besides the links that many others have posted here about the new sister-forums in which people are freely posting blatant transphobia, discrimination and racism (which is definitely not a good sign), my experience with these kinds of corporate take-overs are never good.

I'm sure Cerium is happy with his money, and hell, I'd be too, but these kinds of take-overs pretty much always ruin the community there is because now a corporation takes over, a corporation that is probably eyeing to open up registration, that is probably going to start pushing ads more aggressively and to redefine the forum to maximize profits. I've seen this happen before with a Dutch gaming forum I used to frequent, where they also promised nothing significant would change, but the original community was essentially dead within a year because of changes pushed through by the new owner.

Looking at the websites that are part of MOBA Network, I see a very clear focus with those websites that they have fairly lax moderation, a lot of very intrusive ads all over the place, branding everywhere and a very uniform corporate lay-out. Essentially all the things that I'm happy ERA does not have and I really do not believe a word of it when Cerium says 'nothing much will change'. A group like MOBA Network does not buy up a videogame forum (lol) for 4.5m with the intention of 'not changing a thing'.

Slightly unrelated, but MOBA Network in general seems like a very random organisation to pick up ERA. How is a network that singularly seems to focus on MMO and MOBA games in any way the best fit to take over ownership of a forum that is about gaming in general (and actually is barely focused on PC gaming, but mostly prefers Nintendo, PlayStation and sometimes Xbox)?

rrost

Banned
Jul 20, 2018
It's not so much trust as what else is there to do? Go somewhere else to discuss games that's likely to be what people are concerned Era might become, or stay on it until that actually happens and enjoy the time until then?

It isn't trust, it's hope.
All I can say now is try again and this time with real community ownership and transparency.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not to mention it does absolutely nothing to address the concern that we have regarding being affiliated in no matter how small a way to a site which would allow such content. Something this site has supposedly been against.
I mean, what are you wanting the result to be with the addressment? The sale is done. The staff, regardless of how they feel, have no way of changing that nor could have since Cerium was the sole owner. Aside from knowing the sale was happening ahead (at least on the admin end), they're in the same if not worse position than we are. And if you care to have any familiarity of the staff, you'd know many are certainly not okay with that content on that forum and likely under other ones in the moba umbrella.

If it's a big declaration on getting on the Era Ark, that's probably not happening until something happens that interferes with this community directly. But that's kind of a big ask when that same community is currently taking it out on them for Cerium's decision and payout.

On mobile, so this took longer than intended and sorry if it's how been hashed out by the time I caught up.
Edit: decided to keep thoughts to myself.
Caught the edit while typing this on mobile, but figured why not finish the response since I'm sure it's not a unique thought in all this.

More than likely that forum has the independence to be ran as business as usual for them. Just like what's being promised to us. So the problem is a lack of care/being hands off to anything that isn't via ads or traffic. Likely.

Meanwhile, the past situation was someone very much directly involved going mask off when found out and actively pursuing that environment from that point on. Something that was directly affecting and hurting people in the community.

So it's the difference of having a relative outside the home being a bigot that likely won't be allowed over, and having the bigot be the one living in your home.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
All I can say now is try again and this time with real community ownership and transparency.
Which is meaningless because sparking a mass exodus from an entire community spanning multiple sub-communities isn't something one can do on a whim. Nor is there any desire to until the point where any of these concerns actually come to fruition.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Does it look like Exodus 2 is on the cards then?

Personally I'll probably devote most of my time to dayonepatch.com now. Great off-topic politics/current events board with video game boards too. Formed from the exodus off IGN about 10 years ago.

Owned by a user that posts here, but he pays for everything and loses money on it, there aren't even ads.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not trust it's a question of what is there to do. Go somewhere else to discuss games that's likely to be what some people are concerned Era might become, or stay on it until if and when that actually happens and enjoy the time until then?
I mean yes my circle-avatar sister, but being able to criticise our "partners" now like mmo-champion and sound a note of caution is really needed right now imho.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean yes, but being able to criticise our "partners" now like mmo-champion and sound a note of caution is really needed right now imho.

I think there's validity in doing that for sure. There's nothing wrong with reminding people that these other "affiliate" sites are full of the kinds of folks we would ban in a heartbeat if they showed up here. But until/unless they start showing up here, all we need to do is warn each other.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I mean yes, but being able to criticise our "partners" now like mmo-champion and sound a note of caution is really needed right now imho.
Nothing I said suggested I wanted to stop people voicing their concerns. I just don't think people should assume that trusting a corporation comes attached to a hope that this place stays largely as it is with regard to its treatment of sensitive topics.

Also, circle avatars for life 💕

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
As is they have a forum that runs hands off and generates what 700k? the incentive is clearly to not mess with that too much imho...

moba's incentive for buying era is to make more than 700k a year, with the expectation that it will get more every passing year than the previous one.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If people too disgusted by this want to leave, there's always RetroGameBoard.com . Which is much smaller in scope and budget but their heart is at a good place. I've been there in the beginnings but only been lurking around after the first weeks because I became much more invested in ERA. A good part of the retro gaming communities from past-GAF and current-ERA are in there in case you're interested.

www.retrogameboards.com

It's official. WE ARE A CHARITY! (And other updates)

Hi all, As many of you know, we have recently been approved by the IRS as a legally recognized 501( c)(3) tax exempt charitable organization!!! It’s been a long time coming but we finally made it. With this update, as requested by many of you, I have created a button on the site in the upper...

Imagine the amount of money charities would get if ERA did the same...

Last edited:

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I mean, what are you wanting the result to be with the addressment? The sale is done. The staff, regardless of how they feel, have no way of changing that nor could have since Cerium was the sole owner. Aside from knowing the sale was happening ahead (at least on the admin end), they're in the same if not worse position than we are. And if you care to have any familiarity of the staff, you'd know many are certainly not okay with that content on that forum and likely under other ones in the moba umbrella.

If it's a big declaration on getting on the Era Ark, that's probably not happening until something happens that interferes with this community directly. But that's kind of a big ask when that same community is currently taking it out on them for Cerium's decision and payout.

What do I want? What does anyone want, the chance to vent my concerns, my frustrations and fears about a site that is dear to me, that is responsible for me being who I am now, that is responsible for me still being alive. As you are happy to point out, I have next to zero power, excuse me for exercising what little I have.

I want to be heard and not dismissed, I want to hear the staff say clearly that they hate this affiliation of such sites too, I want to hear the mods say they stand with me, with my community with all the communities that our new sister sites are pleased to mock and denigrate. I want to hear people say loud and proudly they stand by me and mine and will fight tooth and nail to remain what ERA has always strove to be.

I want people to pretend they care rather than just saying, "well thats not happened yet, so why worry". I want to just vent a little and as upset and worried as I am I want to try and do it as politely as I feel able.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
honestly as long as the mods are happy & content going forward, who the fuck are we to complain?

yea, sure, cerium getting 4.5mil & mods probably not seeing a cent of that sucks to see from the outside. but if the mods are happy & rightfully don't wanna do all that hassle to most likely only get paid peanuts for work they do voluntarily & prefer to still be able to walk away whenever they fucking want to without feeling obligated to always be here modding & making sure everything runs smoothly - which you 100% wouldn't be able to do if you'd have to sign a contract & pay taxes on what you earn & all that - , then once again, who the fuck are we to complain lmao?

also, voluntary work has been a thing for ages, i've done some myself. sometimes you just do not feel like getting compensated would change shit (especially with the amount of harrassment directed at the mods either on the forum, in pms or from off-site, you think having slurs hurled at you wouldn't hurt anymore if they'd get $10/hr or smth?) & you're genuinely doing things because you just want to help & make a place better. i don't believe that people like Nepenthe or Royalan or quite frankly anyone else would ever lie about dumb shit like that, because there's absolutely no reason to. & i know how fucking annoying it can be when you have people come at you & annoy the living shit out of you telling you you're an idiot without any self-respect for not wanting any money again & again, even after outright saying that you're happy doing this shit for free 10 times before.

anyway. money shit aside, yeah, a company who's other forums are all focused on riot & acti-blizz games owning era now is a bit worrisome & sister forums ripe with transphobia, racism, homophobia, ableism & other shit are very worrisome. that said, i trust the mods to be good people & am sure they would be the very first ones to voice their concerns if the owners would want them to tolerate more bigoted bullshit & do promoted/sponsored/paid ots for acti-blizz games or some shit. they're no babies without voices, they're grown ass adults who care for era & it's community even if there's been fallouts with several communities over the years for various reasons. give them a fucking break.

Oct 27, 2017
Which is meaningless because sparking a mass exodus from an entire community spanning multiple sub-communities isn't something one can do on a whim. Nor is there any desire to until the point where any of these concerns actually come to fruition.
The bolded though surely is relevant; multiple sub-communities that posted actively on ERA already left which could have played a key role in why to sell now (projected decline in active members in-light of the volume of communities which already left resulting in a negative long-term outlook for the site valuation).

Without access to the backend to properly analyse the membership growth and activity level it's hard to actively quantify the trade-off, but it's entirely possible that the boost to membership which could be gained by a more lax admittance and moderation policy would off-set the volume of users which are left (particularly since I would have a high confidence the post volume here follows the pareto principle) given the page traffic. This is especially true when the owners have been explicit about their plans surrounding user volume growth and pushing paid memberships.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
What do I want? What does anyone want, the chance to vent my concerns, my frustrations and fears about a site that is dear to me, that is responsible for me being who I am now, that is responsible for me still being alive. As you are happy to point out, I have next to zero power, excuse me for exercising what little I have.

I want to be heard and not dismissed, I want to hear the staff say clearly that they hate this affiliation of such sites too, I want to hear the mods say they stand with me, with my community with all the communities that our new sister sites are pleased to mock and denigrate. I want to hear people say loud and proudly they stand by me and mine and will fight tooth and nail to remain what ERA has always strove to be.

I want people to pretend they care rather than just saying, "well thats not happened yet, so why worry". I want to just vent a little and as upset and worried as I am I want to try and do it as politely as I feel able.
hear hear

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nothing I said suggested I wanted to stop people voicing their concerns. I just don't think people should assume that trusting a corporation comes attached to a hope that this place stays largely as it is with regard to its treatment of sensitive topics.

Also, circle avatars for life 💕
Sorry then, to me it sounded like "as long as nothing bad happens, why care?". I apologise.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The bolded though surely is relevant; multiple sub-communities that posted actively on ERA already left which could have played a key role in why to sell now (projected decline in active members in-light of the volume of communities which already left resulting in a negative long-term outlook for the site valuation).

Without access to the backend to properly analyse the membership growth and activity level it's hard to actively quantify the trade-off, but it's entirely possible that the boost to membership which could be gained by a more lax admittance and moderation policy would off-set the volume of users which are left (particularly since I would have a high confidence the post volume here follows the pareto principle) given the page traffic. This is especially true when the owners have been explicit about their plans surrounding user volume growth and pushing paid memberships.
I'm not sure what you're saying against my point.

Someone suggested that we just start a new forum. I said it wasn't that simple and thus is a meaningless suggestion in response to me saying what can we do other than leave to join another community, one that is likely much worse on the elements many here hold dear, or stay and see how this pans out.

Sorry then, to me it sounded like "as long as nothing bad happens, why care?". I apologise.
No need to apologise. If it wasn't obvious I care too. I'm not thrilled at the forum having a loose affiliation to another forum full of transphobes (a sentiment I imagine the staff shares) but then I'm still thankful that we have this forum that isn't, and that hopefully I won't have to pay said forum any mind as I go about being my queer self here.

Last edited:

Laephis

Jun 25, 2021
Nothing has changed except that our new partner forums allow topics like

Is it Time for Pre - SJW Legacy Servers?

Asking this as we approach Cataclysm levels of content removal: Would you play on legacy servers that still had all the things Afrasiabi put into the game as well as all the old 2004-2021 content put in before the "fruit bowl" incident? Or should WoW split into two pieces? One for...
and

Pelagos the trans

VG24/7 Interview with Johnny Cash and Ely Cannon The WoW community is very diverse, and Shadowlands has strived to introduce characters that are diverse as well, such as Pelagos being the Shadowlands version of a trans character. transvestite community must be really happy. i guess wow is...
and

Pelagos and trans representation in Shadowlands

So with Shadowlands World of Warcraft is getting our first transgender character. Pelagos, a Kyrian soulbind, is a transman after having presented as female during his mortal life. I think it's great that WoW is finally getting it's first trans character and I'm glad the developers took time...
the same people own this place now. but sure, nothing will change >>".

And another https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/866196-**-Off-Topic-Forum-Rules-**-PLEASE-READ just read the forbidden topics section lol

All the comments people wasted on arguing over money (and attacking staff) while this is the real issue were facing.

Last edited:

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany

i'm 100% with you on that, i definitely do trust the mods to not let era become like any of those sister sites, but it absolutely is frightening nontheless. & you have a right to be upset & worried like everyone else, don't let anyone make you feel different. i guess the best we can hope for currently is that genuinely nothing will change & they continue being hands off.. even if it doesn't change them owning multiple sites that are absolutely awful ;w;

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
i'm 100% with you on that, i definitely do trust the mods to not let era become like any of those sister sites, but it absolutely is frightening nontheless. & you have a right to be upset & worried like everyone else, don't let anyone make you feel different. i guess the best we can hope for currently is that genuinely nothing will change & they continue being hands off.. even if it doesn't change them owning multiple sites that are absolutely awful ;w;
Sure, the mods can say they won't let the site "x" all they want. Won't matter in a month when Moba revokes their privileges and hire new mods.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, the mods can say they won't let the site "x" all they want. Won't matter in a month when Moba revokes their privileges and hire new mods.

And then everyone leaves and this site bleeds out. Like the userbase isn't gonna stick around if MOBAnet fires the entire staff and replaces them with scabs. We already bailed on the old site. We'll do it again if we have to.

Deleted member 8688

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fair play to Cerium, he must have planned this for several years. He was clearly several steps ahead of most of the posters here who apparently thought this was some kind of unicorns and rainbows commune lol. To be honest they got what they deserved.

Admittedly the whole Era Clear thing was pretty shady, but that's capitalism folks.

That said, I don't post here these days and there's now even less chance of that happening in the future. Someone tell me how to delete my account please.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
And then everyone leaves and this site bleeds out. Like the userbase isn't gonna stick around if MOBAnet fires the entire staff and replaces them with scabs. We already bailed on the old site. We'll do it again if we have to.
Please. Most people on this site didn't even notice most of the admin staff and pretty much all of the original mod staff were replaced. The communities that did notice have pretty much already jumped ship.

Oct 30, 2017
Another example thread from MOBA network owned trash:

Pelagos the trans

VG24/7 Interview with Johnny Cash and Ely Cannon The WoW community is very diverse, and Shadowlands has strived to introduce characters that are diverse as well, such as Pelagos being the Shadowlands version of a trans character. transvestite community must be really happy. i guess wow is...

qwerty999

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Personally I'll probably devote most of my time to dayonepatch.com now. Great off-topic politics/current events board with video game boards too. Formed from the exodus off IGN about 10 years ago.

Owned by a user that posts here, but he pays for everything and loses money on it, there aren't even ads.
How much does a site like Neogaf / Resetera etc cost to set-up and run anyway?

A few hundred dollars to set up? $1000 for a year?

The cost to set up an alternative forum infrastructure can't be that much... Or have I got my maths wrong?

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
The old site is still up and running. I highly doubt another exodus means resetera doesn't turn a profit. How do you think they are going to attract new users?

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please. Most people on this site didn't even notice most of the admin staff and pretty much all of the original mod staff were replaced. The communities that did notice have pretty much already jumped ship.
Weren't folks like Aeana, Bish and Duckroll only there as mods temporarily to help out in the beginnings? That's what I remember at least.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

The cost to set up an alternative forum infrastructure can't be that much... Or have I got my maths wrong?
I'd say you're looking at low'ish 5 digits a month.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
The old site is still up and running. I highly doubt another exodus means resetera doesn't turn a profit. How do you think they are going to attract new users?
The goal of the exodus isn't to have the old site die, it's to find a new home outside it. Whether ResetEra would live beyond another hypothetical exodus is as immaterial to us as whether Neogaf lived after we left it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, the old site is still running. But it's not making EL anywhere close to the money it could've made him at his peak, and he didn't buy the old site for four and a half million dollars.

And if we leave, it's no longer our problem whether or not MOBAnet meets their financial goals. I don't give two shits about their earnings statements now, and I certainly wouldn't if we hypothetically all left and made another forum without their ownership after they fucked around and fired all the mods and replaced them with pro-TERF scabs.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
If this is the case why wait to mov? the community has no reason to stay here

Exactly. But no need to do it just now, they can take their time and do it properly in a month or so. Maybe they're talking to the right people to do so right now. Or not, at the end of the day it is a lot of work that needs to be spearheaded by someone.

In any case if they go I'll follow, if not I'll stay.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Quite so, I have no reason to believe that our mods as they are now would welcome the worst case I worry about either, for any issues I may have had with site decisions I trust they are genuine and trying as hard as they can.

But recent years are, for me, full of many situations in real life where people have advised "not to worry X happening would not happen, that would be monstrous" so by now I kinda wish I had stood up to be counted sooner more often.
I try to be as good as I can, I try not to patronise "evil companies" where at all possible, I try to stick to my "boycotts" I have my charities I try to donate a lot to every month and I try and be as vocal as I can be without compromising my mental health.

I would rather hear people say they will fight to keep ERA as it is than simply "leave if it gets bad".

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
As is they have a forum that runs hands off and generates what 700k? the incentive is clearly to not mess with that too much imho...
You think companies are happy to wait 6,5 years to start making money on their investment? That is what $700K per year means on a $4,5 million takeover.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, the old site is still running. But it's not making EL anywhere close to the money it could've made him at his peak, and he didn't buy the old site for four and a half million dollars.

And if we leave, it's no longer our problem whether or not MOBAnet meets their financial goals. I don't give two shits about their earnings statements now, and I certainly wouldn't if we hypothetically all left and made another forum without their ownership after they fucked around and fired all the mods and replaced them with pro-TERF scabs.
That doesn't answer my question. Where does growth come from when registration is regulated to specific emails?

Like, I get keeping calm and seeing approach, but it's a forum being bought by a company that runs some pretty toxic and foul forums already and they want growth on here as resetera is an investment for them. It doesn't ring super well when staff are saying, "if they do this [footer links to other sites], I am out" because it just confirms that they can and the whole sacred thing is BS.

It is easy to see and accept why many are very skeptical of this.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
You think companies are happy to wait 6,5 years to start making money on their investment? That is what $700K per year means on a $4,5 million takeover.
Isn't it more like $560K? So we are talking more like 8 years for them to just break even on this investment if things stay the way they are.

qwerty999

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'd say you're looking at low'ish 5 digits a month.

Lower yet I'd think. This site has a revenue of 700k with an 80% EBITDA, so 140k per year, 11.6k per month. A smaller site would have smaller server tenancy costs I imagine.
I can imagine that one can scale their server costs over time... Like any "business" that relies on ad money and subscription costs.

But I don't think setting up a bare-bones forum like Resetera (minus the users that will obviously require bandwith) is all that expensive.

The cost of setting up the infrastructure should be "practically nothing" (ie less than $1000 on a good day).

I mean... the license for Xenforo (which Resetera runs on) costs $160. And all the other extras on the Xenforo site add up to $695 in total.

xenforo.com

Get started with XenForo

Choose a solution to suit your needs

So I honestly think $1000 should be sufficient for setting up the necessary infrastructure...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't answer my question. Where does growth come from when registration is regulated to specific emails?

Like, I get keeping calm and seeing approach, but it's a forum being bought by a company that runs some pretty toxic and foul forums already and they want growth on here as resetera is an investment for them. It doesn't ring super well when staff are saying, "if they do this I am out" because it just confirms that they can and the whole sacred thing is BS.

I don't care about MOBAnet's growth. If they want to drive the entire community away, they will lose a shitload of revenue and have to work quadruple-time to make up for everyone who bailed and grow the userbase at the same time.

And here's the clincher: specialized forums aren't even that popular anymore. So if they lose all of us, they won't be able to just replace us overnight. It would take years and probably not even be fiscally viable to upkeep the site long enough to do so.

My forecast in the "MOBAnet fucks around and fires all the mods so we all leave" scenario is Era limps along for two or three years with a vastly diminished userbase while MOBAnet struggles to attract new posters, and then shutters the site when it becomes eminently clear they can never recoup their investment.

At the end of the day, the community is what matters, not the shell we're contained within.

Oct 25, 2017

The numbers going around are operating costs of $12K/month. Not sure how that scales to the site's activity though. A new forum with a small active community would be much less, but there is probably more cost in the beginning for development vs maint. It could probably be self sustaining pretty quickly, but getting enough users to migrate would be the hard part. The exodus from GAF worked because enough of the mods were on the same page as the users. This feels different and an exodus would probably be much more messy and just result in low user count single topic forums. They probably wouldn't reach critical mass where ads would be enough to sustain the operating costs.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'm with you on that, and sorry I gave the impression otherwise. Your posts read as someone lookkng for a specific answer, so figured just ask.

It's totally fair to be upset and worried about seeing the other sites and what that may mean for here.

This place has gotten me through bad moments too, though maybe it doesn't equate to what you needed this place to help you through. But really am trying to hope for the best. Went through the GAF debacle, and the people that made that place great before then have largely been around here. And if worst comes to worst, we'll make a new place together again if the means and will are there to do so.

I may not always agree with how things are approached by staff, but I know they aren't down with what mmo-champions and other affiliates are fostering and will push back where they can to keep this community intact.

Not sure if that helps since I'm nothing more than a somewhat old guard rather than staff, but hopefully it shows you're not alone in concerns and wanting to keep things intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.