• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I also wonder about the opposite : will a link to resetera be added to those websites? I don't know how to feel about this website being advertised on other sites that have drastically different user bases.....
I'm concerned about that too; I don't want these people to be driven here in any way. The paid email address barrier has never stopped disingenuous trolls from getting their burner accounts in here before.

Any post regarding sexuality, gender identity, ethnicity or women's rights to bodily autonomy is regardless of context considered a "forbidden topic" on an equal level with posting graphic violence gore images and is encouraged to be reported immediately for moderation.

** Off-Topic Forum Rules ** PLEASE READ

Off-Topic Forum Rules IMPORTANT: The rules described in this post are an addendum to the normal ruleset, and are specifically made for this section. WHEN MAKING A THREAD... If it's a World of Warcraft related thread, please use the appropriate World of Warcraft Forum. We now have a...

"clear best fit"
Equal to graphic violence gore. Just wonderful.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
So the new owners run mmo-champion which is filled with racism, transphobia, bigotry of all kinds, etc and other sites with very similar posts. Like, I wonder how the non-moba management can assuage any fears people have from that. Hopefully something written in a contract.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
giphy.gif

Does it look like Exodus 2 is on the cards then?

Deleted member 22002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's nothing wrong with mods doing voluntary work to keep a community they care for up. It's laudable, to be honest. There is a type of transparency and trust that can only come from voluntary work. People who are going after them are basically victim blaming.

And I say the victims because clearly, Resetera was a product being sold, and their work was the product being sold by a hustler, who ran away with a bag of cash and gave fucking nothing back to the community he sold, didn't even care about finding a good fit. Even pulled the "mental issue" card as a final manipulation: fuck him, fuck him hard.

I hope moderators will rest, find peace with what happened, feel no shame in understanding they were instrumental to somebody's else profit, and help organize to move to a site with a community driven, open, no-profit community with proper public accounting. If anything good comes from this is the fact we now know a forum like Era can be profitable and self sustaining, in fact with that amount of money it could even be a force for good and help itself and many charities.
When a new reality is born from this bad experience, I'll gladly go there, and if it doesn't I want all the staff members to know deeply I appreciated all the work they did here, in creating perhaps the only forum decent, progressive, and safe to discuss gaming topics.

I won't stick around to see the inevitable decline, so farewell, and best wishes.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
User Banned (3 days): Antagonizing other users
Well since people are using this thread to vent their concerns I'm gonna say that my only warning received was completely uncalled for just cause I didn't enjoy the fact that a mod had a hype thread for a game that screwed a poster over with his job.

Now before I get another warning or something I'm gonna go give Nepenthe 5 dollars with Ko-Fi.

Oct 27, 2017
There has been a tip button implemented for nearly four years, members could buy the "Era Clear" as a means of "giving back". Except it turns out instead all the proceeds went straight to a millionaire's 2nd Lambo fund.

We were given this information in the press releases from MOBA Network. All expenses (hosting, staff, legal etc.) total around $11,600/month for the last year. Around 20% of the ~$58,300/month the ads and Clear subs bring in. Leaving $46,600/month profit (before tax) for the single stakeholder Mr Cerium.
In my post on the last page, I knew that the hosting fees would be cheap but I'm shocked at the $11,600/month since that means there's basically no developer hours on the site. Like I'm guessing the admins very occasionally go in to tinker with some stuff but that's it.

I guess it makes sense that once everything is built, it ends up super profitable but it does show that ideal for such a large community is a non-profit/charity model and with all of it to be a standalone site, rather than a simpler solution like making a discord or subreddit. Controlling where the money and user data goes becomes more important as a community becomes larger.

Mc.K

May 22, 2020
4.5 millions, damn.

Ok guys I'm opening my own gaming forum, we can all migrate there. I'm not going to sell it ;) ;)

Mods can work for free if they wish

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nothing has changed except that our new partner forums allow topics like

Is it Time for Pre - SJW Legacy Servers?

Asking this as we approach Cataclysm levels of content removal: Would you play on legacy servers that still had all the things Afrasiabi put into the game as well as all the old 2004-2021 content put in before the "fruit bowl" incident? Or should WoW split into two pieces? One for...
and

Pelagos the trans

VG24/7 Interview with Johnny Cash and Ely Cannon The WoW community is very diverse, and Shadowlands has strived to introduce characters that are diverse as well, such as Pelagos being the Shadowlands version of a trans character. transvestite community must be really happy. i guess wow is...
and

Pelagos and trans representation in Shadowlands

So with Shadowlands World of Warcraft is getting our first transgender character. Pelagos, a Kyrian soulbind, is a transman after having presented as female during his mortal life. I think it's great that WoW is finally getting it's first trans character and I'm glad the developers took time...
the same people own this place now. but sure, nothing will change >>".

And another https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/866196-**-Off-Topic-Forum-Rules-**-PLEASE-READ just read the forbidden topics section lol

Last edited:

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing has changed except that our new partner forums allow topics like

That was addressed on the very first post on this thread.

The staff will retain total independence when it comes to moderation and the day-to-day management of the site. That independence will be held as absolutely sacred, in the same way that editorial independence is treated at journalistic publications.

If this changes, you're more than entitled to leave. I will leave with you. So far though, every mod that has spoken up about it here has repeated and ensured the same thing that Cerium did. You have a right to be concerned, but nothing has changed yet.

The staff remains the same, the moderation policies remain the same.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.

If this changes, you're more than entitled to leave. I will leave with you. So far though, every mod that has spoken up about it here has repeated and ensured the same thing that Cerium did. You have a right to be concerned, but nothing has changed yet.

The staff remains the same, the moderation policies remain the same.
If that changes, I'll be the first to leave, believe me.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
If that changes, I'll be the first to leave, believe me.

You happy for us to be affiliated with sites which allow that manner of content, you happy to have links to such sites from here? You happy for the users participating in that to be affiliated with us?

Will ERA blacklist such sites?

Do none of you understand how uncomfortable this makes people feel that these awful horrible people are now in a small way part of ERA?

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That MOBA organization have already stated there will be changes to this place (including pushing the ad revenue and driving new users to this place). They literally contradicted Ceriums post that nothing will change. Maybe someone can add the official press release to the OP.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Yeah, not liking this. How are Era's staff feeling about it?
So speaking for myself.
All that linked stuff is obviously horrible and will 100% not fly on Era ever. I don't see anyone on staff sticking around if the powers that be where to try and strong arm us into allowing anything even remotely like it here.

That said we all know that the internet is filled with horrible shit and it's a shame that we will now be loosely affiliated with such sites, but we are not going to be held responsible for stuff that is posted on other sites.
Honestly their content and threads have never previously showed up on Era, so I see no reason why members would now start linking to these sites. But we have always discouraged cross-forum drama, and that will surely also continue to be the case.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That MOBA organization have already stated there will be changes to this place (including pushing the ad revenue and driving new users to this place). They literally contradicted Ceriums post that nothing will change. Maybe someone can add the official press release to the OP.

Not to mention it does absolutely nothing to address the concern that we have regarding being affiliated in no matter how small a way to a site which would allow such content. Something this site has supposedly been against.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Driving new users to Era does not mean that it's moderation policies will change. It means that mods might have a harder time for a while dealing with certain individuals, but you don't need to look outside this thread to see how hard that is to do already.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's surprising news, but it is what it is.

reassured by the mods/admins sounding calm about the situation though

in the meantime, I'm not going to get too worried about something that is ultimately out of my hands anyway

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
So speaking for myself.
All that linked stuff is obviously horrible and will 100% not fly on Era ever. I don't see anyone on staff sticking around if the powers that be where to try and strong arm us into allowing anything even remotely like it here.

That said we all know that the internet is filled with horrible shit and it's a shame that we will now be loosely affiliated with such sites, but we are not going to be held responsible for stuff that is posted on other sites.
Honestly their content and threads have never previously showed up on Era, so I see no reason why members would now start linking to these sites. But we have always discouraged cross-forum drama, and that will surely also continue to be the case.
Do you know yet if there will be footer links to these sites placed on Era? Thanks for responding BTW.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So speaking for myself.

Its not about it existing in some part of the internet though, its that our "owner" has sites specifically that propagate it and allows it. By allowing it to exist our new owner gives it their tacit endorsement. This is counter to how ERA is supposed to be and surely couner to the same values we supposedly share with the new owner.

I'm sorry but "happy to allow bigotry on their other owned sites is a good sign they remain hands off" is of very little relief to me personally.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Driving new users to Era does not mean that it's moderation policies will change. It means that mods might have a harder time for a while dealing with certain individuals, but you don't need to look outside this thread to see how hard that is to do already.
I doubt that they will a) try to drive their current userbase to Era to only have them b) get banned here. And they have already announced to do a).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt that they will a) try to drive their current userbase to Era to only have them b) get banned here. And they have already announced to do a).

Then honestly we should all look forward to MOBAnet losing a bunch of money when the staff and the current userbase bail. The only people really losing on the deal are MOBAnet if they fuck around with what exists now.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I (and probably most here) like Resetera specifically because of the moderation but that's not a popular opinion on the internet at large. Outside the walls of Era, people only see the colossal fuckups like the recent SalesEra thing, and not the day-to-day pruning of shitheads.

I would imagine that suits from outside of Era would see the moderation as the key roadblock to new users, and that would be the very first thing targeted for change.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Don't rely on "assurances" during a buyout. They are only said to placate worries and to allow a smooth, drama-free transition. They don't mean shit in the grand scheme of things down the line.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the new owners run mmo-champion which is filled with racism, transphobia, bigotry of all kinds, etc and other sites with very similar posts. Like, I wonder how the non-moba management can assuage any fears people have from that. Hopefully something written in a contract.
ResetEra in its current form have zero leverage over MOBA. MOBA has all the power and can get rid of anyone they don't want and change ResetEra into whatever the fuck they like. That is how it works when you sell the forum for 4.5 million in hard cash.

giphy.gif

Does it look like Exodus 2 is on the cards then?

Nothing we can really do except to wait and see what MOBA has planned for the forum. But it may come to that.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I (and probably most here) like Resetera specifically because of the moderation but that's not a popular opinion on the internet at large. Outside the walls of Era, people only see the colossal fuckups like the recent SalesEra thing, and not the day-to-day pruning of shitheads.

I would imagine that suits from outside of Era would see the moderation as the key roadblock to new users, and that would be the very first thing targeted for change.
For now we can really just take them at their word that they will let us continue to moderate as before. What else is there? I see little value in getting preemptively worked up about something that might happen in the future.
And again, I don't think anyone on staff would stand for any significant change that is counter to our own mission. and that brings us back to what PlanetSmasher said above.
Then honestly we should all look forward to MOBAnet losing a bunch of money when the staff and the current userbase bail. The only people really losing on the deal are MOBAnet if they fuck around with what exists now.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

How would they make more money with less users? This doesn't really make sense to me tbh if anything they want these new user to stay.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I don't see why everyone is trying to jump the gun on all the bad things that could possibly come of this. If it does, then ok, people move on and go somewhere else. But nothing has happened here yet and there's no certainty that something ever WILL happen here. So all the worrying about it seems like just standard internet angst about stuff we can't control anyways.

Keep posting. If things get bad, then leave. But for all we know, six months from now there may be zero difference to how this site is now and everyone will have ended up getting worked up over what is a relatively behind-the-scenes situation that has no impact on the day to day operations of this site.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
ResetEra in its current have zero leverage over MOBA. MOBA has all the power and can get rid of anyone they don't want and change ResetEra into whatever the fuck they like. That is how it works when you sell the forum for 4.5 million in hard cash.
Don't rely on "assurances" during a buyout. They are only said to placate worries and to allow a smooth, drama-free transition. They don't mean shit in the grand scheme of things down the line.
Both is technically true, they could decide to shutter the forum and just redirect the url to godaddy for all we know. They can now do that as the owners, though I doubt that would recoup their investment.
As is they have a forum that runs hands off and generates what 700k? the incentive is clearly to not mess with that too much imho...

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Why would they do something so clearly against their best interests?
I don't think they invested 4,5 million without some research into the history of Era and if the stuff you mentioned above is going to happen it would cause another mass exodus, making their investment useless.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
The people who've been handling paid work, such as the tech team, will be making their own arrangements with MOBA Network to continue doing what they do. Moderators are still volunteers.

I'm totally fine with not giving any money to people who don't wany any, no matter if I believe that's insane or not.

But the above read to me like the people who do like to receive money for their work seemingly are left alone to fend for themselves? It certainly would be interesting to to know if "making their own arrangements" was agreed on by them (in that case, good luck with that) or if that was sprung on them as a funny suprise.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing on the paid mod issue. I would bet majority of the mods today would not be mods if it was a paid position. Money adds more expectations for people. Its no longer a hobby but a second job that still would pay shit. A lot of people would not like having to deal with adding require time a week for modding. And even then you have people that don't do as much as the next person and they get paid the same. Also people will start thinking they do stuff for money.

I think a possible way around this all would of been instead of paying the mods. Giving a couple of grand per mod to the charity of their choice each year. All those problems go away since it would remove the expectations money adds and it still goes to a good cause.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For now we can really just take them at their word that they will let us continue to moderate as before. What else is there? I see little value in getting preemptively worked up about something that might happen in the future.
And again, I don't think anyone on staff would stand for any significant change that is counter to our own mission. and that brings us back to what PlanetSmasher said above.
About your cross-forum drama is prohibited comment from earlier on, it is however very valid here in order to get a perspective on who's on top here.

And in the case of any 'power that be' forcing you guys to do whatever stuff you feel is wrong. I hope that, before quitting, you don't just ghost the forum and call them out properly and publicly so that the userbase is aware of what's going on as well. The situation as it is already isn't a good look, to be honest. Transparency already was a problem here and this feels like the climax of that situation.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think they invested 4,5 million without some research into the history of Era and if the stuff you mentioned above is going to happen it would cause another mass exodus, making their investment useless.
Have you ever been part of an acquisition before lol

Burning your investment because you misunderstood what you bought and tried to get too much out of it too quickly is mergers and acquisitions 101

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
have you read MOBAs plans for ERA? Because they want to expand the user-base.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

So by the same token they would have put a lot of research into the other sites they own and decide that overt bigotry is fine?

--

By the way Transistor FliX apologies for my shortness, I am not intending to be rude, I do not envy anyone the job you have currently, but this is of a big concern to me, and I'm not so sure it can be dismissed as just being "off Site" stuff when its stuff we would be...sorry are affiliated with these sites.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally fine with not giving any money to people who don't wany any, no matter if I believe that's insane or not.

But the above read to me like the people who do like to receive money for their work seemingly are left alone to fend for themselves? It certainly would be interesting to to know if "making their own arrangements" was agreed on by them (in that case, good luck with that) or if that was sprung on them as a funny suprise.

It's more that the tech team, as paid contractors, will need to sign new agreements with the new business owners to continue doing what they do. That's just how it is as a contractor.

rrost

Banned
Jul 20, 2018
You guys are awfully trustful of corporations these days. Didn't recognise if I was in the same forum.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017

Anytime this point comes up, somehow I keep thinking of what happeened to DualShockers earlier this year. That was a pretty decent site and the new ownerships was announced like a second coming, then almost instantly the place dropped of a cliff quality-wise with the majoritf of the former staff leaving, but apparently also increased its views quite a lot - seems to have worked out okay for the new owners.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I've rewritten this post a couple times because I can't quite talk about everything that bothers me in this thread, so I'm just gonna condense it down to this:

Maybe it's strange to say this, but this thread has lowered my opinion of the Era community more than any of the controversies. Or some parts of the community or some members, however you want to say it, but that Era does this thing, where it weaponizes morality and compassion? It's disgusting. For 30 fucking pages, Mods have come in and told people, over and over, that they feel more hurt, targeted, and exploited by the members of the community here more than they ever have Cerium, who they have nothing but good things to say about.

If you give a shit about the mods, this just doesn't track in any way. Some have said that wanting a compensation system for mods and still wanting to be critical of them is not a mutually exclusive position, and sure, fair enough, but saying that you are upset about the mods being treated unfairly while, at every point, disregarding the requests for basic decency and empathy from the mods you are speaking on the behalf of definitely fucking is. You can't do this. You can't say that you give any kind of shit about the mods and then say they're voices on their own experiences don't matter, AND THEN act all offended when they start lightly clapping back at the sheer absurdity of being told they are not accountable sources of their own goddamn experiences. Those things are not reconcilable. Either the wellbeing of the mods matters, or it doesn't. If it does, then them speaking how the community has hurt them ought to matter in some way, but every mod post has been disregarded. At best, users go "Okay, if that's fine with you, whatever" then shift towards still maintaining that Cerium is capitalist scum.

So, since I can't reconcile this rhetoric into a coherent worldview, then I have to say that this is some "The Card Says Moops" shit.

If you find this comparison to alt-right rhetoric inflammatory, you should know that the video essayist in question has always said that the Alt-right Playbook was a collection of primary kinds of arguments the Alt-right utilizes, but that doesn't mean they have a monopoly on them. The arguments he covers are modes of thinking that any group can fall into if they have an enemy that they want to attack. But I challenge anyone to watch this and say that there is a categorical distinction in the usage of this kind of argument as has been seen by this thread. When people try to argue two incompatible arguments, you look at what the argument actually seeks to accomplish, and that's the real end goal of the people making it. If you're looking at this and angry I am making comparison to alt-right rhetoric, then I hope you have an actual reason, instead of mere indignation, of why this isn't applicable to this situation.

And the worst part about this is that this is all about NOTHING. I don't think it's been pointed out by anyone, but as of yet, nothing has actually happened to the forums.

Step back for a minute here. We've been assured by all parties that MOBA has no interest changing the way Resetera works. Maybe that's untrue and once the change-over happens we'll see some interference, but as of now, nothing has happened and we have no indications anything will. Meaning all the damage, the increased ads, the monetizatized membership, the forced allowed discussion of controversial games like Hogwarts, is imaginary. Even if you're absolutely sure it will go that way, and even if you prove to be right, it's pure speculation now, and I don't think that justifies the vitriol shown here. And I say that as someone who agrees with the skepticism. It's hard to believe that MOBA won't make any demands, whatever assurances they offer, but it's asinine to say Resetera is ruined before anything has even happened.

But the primary targets of this thread, or atleast the people who've actually felt the hurt, have been the Mods. And that feels twisted because, unlike other controversies in the past where you could at least make the argument that the mods were in some way in the wrong, the mods here are, in every aspect, provably blameless. No Mod has any responsibility for what Cerium does with his website, they only help him run it, but where Cerium seems to have stepped away from this thread as soon as he posted it, it's the mods that have been here, told they were exploited, told their labor to make the site better has meant nothing, told they are happy with the arrangement they have, told their life experiences don't matter....all while they have done nothing wrong and couldn't have demanded Cerium do anything otherwise in the first place.

Is there not something extremely fucked up that it's the Mods that are being constantly disregarded and disrespected by users here....over not being paid for volunteer work that all mods I've seen speak on the subject say they accept the current arrangement of...about a business decision they have had no choice in anyway....out of a controversy about harm done to the forum experience they have not experienced because, at the moment, it has not yet happened?

And the entire time this is happening, the loudest voices always insist they have the highest ground. They were betrayed because cerium is turning his back on Era's founding principles (as if this was ever some worker co-op or some shit), that they are the ones who've been kept information from (as if they are entitled to everything pretaining to resetera), that they are the ones who care about how the mods are treated actually (as they insult and disregard them when they speak for themselves and don't conform to their narrative).

I think people have a right to be skeptical about MOBA because, at best, if they operate like Cerium said in the OP, then they will do so out of cold greed, because they just want to make money from Resetera and won't really care to interfere unless it totally goes belly-up. That's fine, but it does mean that the owner of the site won't care about it, we're just going to be another cash cow for them. But I don't think you can make that argument if you also think Cerium was this dispassionate ghoul people have characterized him as that just used ResetEra to cash in. Which is nothing like the characterization I've seen from anyone that's actually worked with the guy, and he seems to have been involved in every crisis the forums have had since it started. But it's clear he has disengaged from Resetera as a community, and not just recently, but a while back. But the response this thread has, I can't blame him. The "He will cry into his millions" meme is right, regardless of his moral character, money heals most wounds.

Still, I imagine being him and crafting this farewell letter to a community he's put this much effort into, and reading the majority of these responses. In his OP, he says Resetera has been the greatest honor of his life, and maybe that's true if he's referring to working with the mods, who seem to universally like and appreciate him. But if I were him, and I saw the community be this, then I would not think "Farewell". I'd think "Good riddance."

One thing in Final Fireworker's masterpost stood out to me.

Over and over again I have seen sub-communities offer up their favorite members to the moderation team only to turn on them, call them traitors and failures, and grind them to dust. The division between staff and members should not be as wide as it is. All of the staff members were community members first - people who posted here and connected here and formed relationships here. They are members too. But this website, for all its claims to the contrary, absolutely despises the moderation team in every form it has ever taken. They want mods to hurt. They want mods to fail. They want them to quit or be forced out. People relish in the opportunity to drag or slander the mod team, to paint them as negatively as possible. It is a sport. The opportunity to do so is irresistible.

I do not know why the website is like this. Maybe it is a fundamental distrust of authority a community with values like ours has baked into it. Or maybe a website with our values is ungovernable. Members have always had conflicting visions for what this website should be, should feel like, and how it should be moderated. People are very comfortable in their insular community Discords where everybody likes the same things or shares the same interests or experiences and then think the atmosphere outside their discord is inhospitable. So they blame the staff for not making the website like their Discord and when that can't be accommodated they splinter off into some other website or server.

This is perhaps the most important post in the last 2 years. Why IS the community like this? Because this isn't normal. Or, it wasn't normal, but then 2016 to present day happened, and I think this, cancelling, kind of became the default way of dealing with grievances, especially since it sometimes works. Hell, you could argue that Resetera, moreso than any leftist ideals or progressive principles, was founded as a way of spiting an asshole who wouldn't take accountability for the things he did wrong. But, somehow, that's become the primary way of dealing with problems, even when there aren't any actual problems.

That needs to change. I don't think Resetera will destroy itself like NeoGaf did for the simple reason that, unlike NeoGaf, it isn't run by a narcissist fuckface that is also heavily involved in the community. The community exploded because Evilore couldn't stand having a community that reproached him, and Resetera, as evident by this thread and many others, can. Maybe the head of MOBA is, but it won't matter unless they create an account here and start becoming involved in the community, which I doubt they will.

But Resetera will never have a healthy relationship with the moderation team if they think they can throw a fit and use them as a punching bag any time they feel like it, and moderators will be ground down into cynicism and apprehension about the community each time.

For me, controversies in the past have ranged from (imo) legitimate to (imo) overblown, but this is the first time I feel that the moderation team is being put through the ringer over nothing, nothing at all, and it is (imo) absolute bullshit.

rrost

Banned
Jul 20, 2018
Speaking only for myself, I have enough actual shit going on in my life right now. I don't need to spend my time catastrophizing about what a corporation might do.
You are fine with giving your money or giving the money earned from your engagement with the site to people who owns and foster communities that think making fun of minorites? I really do not see a "Win" clause for our community itself here. The only sole winner here is Cerium.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
You guys are awfully trustful of corporations these days. Didn't recognise if I was in the same forum.
It's not trust it's a question of what is there to do. Go somewhere else to discuss games that's likely to be what some people are concerned Era might become, or stay on it until if and when that actually happens and enjoy the time until then?

Status
Not open for further replies.