• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
It was so creepy how much rent-free headspace Era takes in some people's minds. Came across so much hate on Twitter when I was trying to find info on the site outage.
Yeah I tried searching for the site in a different browser to see if it was a cache or cookies issue and saw a few results proclaiming this a leftist hell hole where people promote their SJW agenda.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
It was so creepy how much rent-free headspace Era takes in some people's minds. Came across so much hate on Twitter when I was trying to find info on the site outage.

Haha had this exact experience on Monday. Looking up info on Twitter and it turned up many tweets about people mad that "era says Mario Kart isn't woke enough" and other inane topics that have someone upset.

Also official twitter account hadn't been updated in months... seemed like a good place to get the word out about issues.

Oct 25, 2017
Their user count is a little out of date, as is the member count on the front page unless over 41K accounts have been banned. The newest user's registration number is 94,516
Page has been updated. I'm being watched! I see you, New York Verizon user.

It's very much this sort of interaction
Ati2yEh.png

Oct 25, 2017
I had the same experience. It's really funny to think that there are people just sitting around their house being mad about a forum. Just go read a different forum, weirdos.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Provided it doesn't get deleted, I imagine it will eventually get locked, considering the weird hate-boner some people have for this site (I have my own issues with it, but I don't sit around on Twitter/Reddit/etc posting about it every day).

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I didn't even try and find out why. No one on my Twitter was talking about it. I also don't think I follow anyone who stayed on GAF either. Just no one was talking about it at all. I figured it'd be back with an explanation eventually.

Oct 25, 2017
Where do you see this number?
On the front page, look to the bottom right where it says Forum Statistics. I've read somewhere around here before that the member count is always out of date or doesnt update correctly, it currently says 53463. However if you hover over the link to the newest user, which right now is Ambaire you will see that their page URL includes 94516
94516 is apparently the user registration number. For example, my user number is only 337, fairly low because I was here so early. Your user number is 318, you beat me by 19! We both registered on Oct 25, 2017.
You can replace the number in this URL to see some of the earliest members: https://www.resetera.com/members/3/
Member 3 is Cerium for example.
You'll see that all the lowest numbers registered a couple days before us on the 23rd
The lowest numbered still active poster (with a public profile) appears to be Sirpopopop at #6 followed by SweetNicole and Hecht

Last edited:
OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the front page, look to the bottom right where it says Forum Statistics. I've read somewhere around here before that the member count is always out of date or doesnt update correctly. However if you hover over the link to the newest user, which right now is Ambaire you will see that their page URL includes 94516
94516 is apparently the user registration number. For example, my user number is only 337, fairly low because I was here so early. Your user number is 318, you beat me by 19! We both registered on Oct 25, 2017
You can replace the number in this URL to see some of the earliest members: https://www.resetera.com/members/3/
Member 3 is Cerium for example
You'll note that all the low numbers registered a couple days before us on the 23rd
Wow, interesting. We're part of the the early 500s lol

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

I searched my username on Twitter once and I was being ranted about (into the void, of course) by one of the extremely obsessed members of FFXV-Era (I guess he's now banned for being way too aggro). Dude still posts FFXV stuff basically every single day on Twitter.

Some people take this site way too seriously and sometimes it's its own users. I can understand GG'ers wanking off over this community's posts, but it's much stranger when the people who post here are secretly riling themselves up in parallel somewhere else.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Great, but it needs some work.

I mean, no mention of the infamous Waluigi nood code? Come on.

Edit: lol, I just noticed this part

Criticism

David Jaffe has expressed his distaste for some of the comments on the forum.[29]

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
If the old site has an article, resetera for sure deserves one, too, by now

Feels like this article was written in late 2018 or something......much of it is weirdly dated, and focused on stuff that happened some time ago. Jason Schrier does not work for Kotaku, John Linnemann does not post here anymore, etc.

It probably was written in 2018, at least most of it. Someone resurrected a deleted article and is trying to get it approved this time

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a lot of people had the same thing happen.

Went on twitter
Typed in Resetera
Found a TON of people going off and even celebrating it was down

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Sorry to be a downer, but that Wikipedia page is a whole lot of nothing. David Jaffe calling us rude? A quote tweet from the Octopath Traveler account? The Mario Golf Aces box art seen days early? My resume has more notable achievements than those listed in this article. This will be deleted or redirected.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I got verbally attacked by someone in a lobby of some online game simply because I was a member of Era guild. Certain group of people really hate Era.
It's usually the crowd that yells "keep politics out of my video games" every time a game features a member of a minority group but then applauds when some developer endears themselves to alt-right ideology, in which case "owning the libs" becomes a valid reason for politics in games. Of course, that's ignoring the fact that ethnic, gender and sexual persuasion aren't political, but they surely don't know the difference.

You know the type.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Same, though I contribute that to my search engine not being Google. Outside of the first two links being ERA Twitter, every other link was absolute scorn and hate for ERA. So weird. More hilarious when one of the links said 4chan was better than ERA, LOL.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
User Banned (1 Week): Hostility Towards the Community
Paints way too positive picture. Most game industry people avoid this turdhole like the plague.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Unfortunately this will probably be deleted.

If I remember correctly, Era has had an article before and it almost always gets deleted because it doesn't meet notability requirements and we're more or less considered a footnote of NeoGAF.

Furthermore, it's painting a little too Rosy of a picture of us...kinda weird tbh.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah that was definitely something.

I'm not going to say we're perfect and that all of it is seething jealousy, but I cannot imagine letting a website live in your head rent free as much as those people do for us.

And maybe I was just looking at the wrong twitter accounts but every single one of them was just "I love guns and hentai."

Oct 28, 2017
I love how those asshats complain about how "toxic" the site is, like the old site and most other gaming spaces aren't even worse.

yeah, I don't always agree with era's moderation, but it's a thousand times better than sites likes the escapist that just let the gamergate crowd run free in the forum and ruin everyone's fun

I'm not going to link to them but there is several places that take a lot of screenshots of posts here to make fun of them like it's a sitcom they seem to be heavily invested in. It's kind of weird.

someone who spends his life screenshotting era posts for twitter was celebrating and I'm just like, dude, you wouldn't have a twitter account without era

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
Sorry to be a downer, but that Wikipedia page is a whole lot of nothing. David Jaffe calling us rude? A quote tweet from the Octopath Traveler account? The Mario Golf Aces box art seen days early? My resume has more notable achievements than those listed in this article. This will be deleted or redirected.
yeah.

and what major devs even post here regularly? GAF had that rep but it was certainly waning in the years prior to everyone coming here, and the handful of devs who do or did post here were either banned, left because they didn't want to deal with the mess, or work on mobile games.

it probably deserves a page truth be told but the previous decision to delete made sense. "Registered Users" is a joke statistic given the immense number of bans and alts that the site attracts.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Going to be so much vandalism on that page.

I felt the same way when I heard about the thread on the old site where they just go through Era threads that offend them. Creepy little cyber stalkers. Get a fucking life.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah.

and what major devs even post here regularly? GAF had that rep but it was certainly waning in the years prior to everyone coming here, and the handful of devs who do or did post here were either banned, left because they didn't want to deal with the mess, or work on mobile games.

it probably deserves a page truth be told but the previous decision to delete made sense. "Registered Users" is a joke statistic given the immense number of bans and alts that the site attracts.

I don't know many major devs but I see quite a few people who work in some aspect of gaming posting here.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Same, it was really weird.
One of the top searches apparently was "Why is Resetera bad?" and it sends you to a weird website about "trash websites".
My curiosity almost made me click, bit I know better.