• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MarkMan

Arcade Stick Dev
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
San Diego, CA
A new adventure awaits...

24211612728_8602ceee35_b.jpg

Hello resetera members! My name is MarkMan. I originally started this thread on the old forum almost 13 years ago. The reason why I love this thread is because of... perspective. It shows what people are into. It shows what people are spending their money on and it shows who pays attention to what (and why).

It can be a drain on the wallet, sure... but it can also be a reminder of things I want (or don't want).

It brings people together with common interests and it is a way for me to chronicle my journey as a gamer & individual as the years go by.

You know... I first started this thread back in 2006 with a clear goal to see REAL photos (not something I can google online) because I wanted to see the personality & individuality in what we all like.

resetera MARCH Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

Dear resetera,

We have reached the THIRD month of 2019! Beware the ides of March! How has your year been so far?

Achievement Unlocked! Two months down in 2019!

In typical new month fashion, let's reflect on the previous month and post our favorite pick-ups from February 2019. As we go through March 2019, let's post our latest pick-ups as well! Take care everyone!

Your Neighborhood Friendly,
MarkMan

Welcome to the NEW monthly tradition on resetera! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

---

February was INSANE for me. Lots of travel and lots of projects going on. I spent the majority of the month in Japan for Evo Japan! Here's some of the cool stuff I got in February...

50995862_584827155356756_7061497623566642939_n.jpg

Picked up a set of Takashi Murakami's phone cases from Tonari no Zingaro in Nakano Broadway. Also got a the keychain/pin. ^^

51623754_2120139664718629_5020220857921895027_n.jpg

Picked up a 2000 series PlayStation Vita so I could enjoy my favorite PS1 games... I played RE2 for most of the trip!

50843367_616350512138873_2861711427084570313_n.jpg

How cool is this? I found our collaboration preview book featuring High-Score Girl, out in the wild while adventuring various arcades in Japan!

50138734_320892015444170_1796555793536459264_n.jpg

Picked up a physical copy of Onimusha for the Nintendo Switch (only available in Japan)!

51544900_602454200206273_8461993533393062357_n.jpg

Some Resident Evil / Biohazard pins for the collection ^^

50636892_287864245219558_263862207497919873_n.jpg

Controller Chaos hooked me up with a special Evo edition GameCube controller!

51243486_2153199754897603_5184006683164535569_n.jpg

Some #FR2 milk chocolate packs :O

51300816_264296341136952_3263715357971840486_n.jpg

Got a brand new orange PS1 memory card!

51840545_1225184404313684_2774696863688876651_n.jpg

More Japanese exclusives (with English language options, of course) for the Nintendo Switch! Kunio-kun World Classics Collection and Phoenix Wright Trilogy!

51824058_302464347119367_971186852024717954_n.jpg

Decided to treat myself to something nice... got the Virgil Abloh X Louis Vuitton collection front shoulder bag.

51799997_390342425113817_3080694707578322871_n.jpg

One of the coolest things I worked on for Evo Japan! This is a nimoca card, which is local to Kyushuu region. It works like other popular IC cards such as Suica and Pasmo -- it also works all over Japan and is often used for railway fares and alternative methods of paying (widely accepted).

Have a good one, resetera! If you'd like to follow my adventures, please follow me on twitter or instagram (both accounts are @MarkMan23)!

Oct 25, 2017
Time to catch up on what I've been given/purchased over the past several months, with most from the last few weeks

First up, 3DS games. I've hit over 50 games for the system now, and I've finished maybe a fifth of that? So I've got plenty to play for the next few years at least.
Currently on Detective Pikachu, and looking forward to playing Luigi's Mansion, as Dark Moon is my favourite game on the system!
lT5vhMp.jpg

Another 3DS game I forgot to picture with the above (only need Bowser's Inside Story to complete the set!), and then some PS4 titles, mostly a case of getting them physically whilst they're on offer.
WouK78r.jpg

This addition makes a nice run of Yakuza games to play! Hopefully the remakes/rereleases of 3-5 will be on PS4 by the time I'm ready for playing 6?
RgWjS2e.jpg

Also trying to get a few Resident Evil games together. I have the Origins HD collection to play, and then Revelations 1 on my 3DS, so I thought it would be nice to have the full bells and whistles version for the sequel!
KJlaazs.jpg

Compulsive purchasing strikes again as I wanted to own all of the Super Mario amiibo (aside from the Odyssey ones). And Charizard because it's finally back in print at a good price! Roll on Squirtle and Ivysaur!
s90r4h6.jpg

Moving onto Warhammer, I've been buying a bit of everything it seems. Stormtroopers and the LE commissar to go with a Vostroyan force I have (currently unpainted but you know), and the Primaris Marines just as a curiosity really since I always wanted 'true scale' marines. The loose sprues are a squad of three aggressors, and then from the starter set I purchased a 5 man squad of advancing Intercessors, and a lieutenant. I also got three of the cheap easy to build intercessors to decide on my own custom chapter design. I figure I could turn it into an allied force to accompany my Vostroyan army one day!

ru8BV4A.jpg

Next up, in the name of the Greater Good, are some Tau models. I already have a few sets in various stages of completion, so with these it's quite a sizable force! Outside of the large mechs I would like to get at some point (Riptide and Ghostkeel) there's only a few more units I'd need for a huge army!

fH8N6oc.jpg

Those two loose minis are an Ebay find, really happy to have the Kroot Shaper, as it's the limited edition one from the 2001 army box. In fact it's Kroot units I really like, and they are definitely deserving of their own codex!

6VJFqEv.jpg

Of course with the Tau an army book is always useful to understand how I'm going to arm my various Tau mech units! Then there's the two up to date books for LOTR SBG at the back (lovely to have all the existing profiles in one book!) and then a load of cheap old sourcebooks from Ebay. Whilst the profiles are outdated, the hobby content, scenarios, fluff, and general nostalgia they bring is always nice!
mEzcrNm.jpg

I've also decided to round out my Dwarves. Ebay has been useful in getting a lot of the older metal miniatures from the range, but the plastics I've got from Games Workshop directly. Not the best plastic sculpts (dwarf rangers and warriors) but hopefully with a good paintjob and blended in with the superior metals I own they should look good!

idvCIYu.jpg

You'll notice above that the two little boxes are units made in resin, aka Finecast. Aka finecrap. Unlike the quality resin used by Forgeworld, these kits are frankly poor quality. The material flexes easily, is very brittle, and in the case of the LOTR finecast range, almost every miniature used to be cast in metal, meaning the sprue design leads to all sorts of crazy flash and in this case damage to the underlying sculpt. Two of these have ended up damaged, so I'll have to speak to GW to see if they'll swap them over:

mrpl1Jb.jpg

Few more Ebay finds. Really happy with the Boromir Captain of the White Tower sculpt, as not only is it from one of the best scenes in the trilogy (which should have been in the theatrical version), but in the game, the rules are incredible. Apparently fighting whilst holding a banner is no issue for Sean Bean.
EKtjoCU.jpg

Lastly, some books and a CAH expansion that caused a really awkward evening with people I barely knew. Well I know them a lot better now!
cGH59Ro.jpg

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Time to catch up on what I've been given/purchased over the past several months, with most from the last few weeks

First up, 3DS games. I've hit over 50 games for the system now, and I've finished maybe a fifth of that? So I've got plenty to play for the next few years at least.
Currently on Detective Pikachu, and looking forward to playing Luigi's Mansion, as Dark Moon is my favourite game on the system!
lT5vhMp.jpg

Another 3DS game I forgot to picture with the above (only need Bowser's Inside Story to complete the set!), and then some PS4 titles, mostly a case of getting them physically whilst they're on offer.
WouK78r.jpg

This addition makes a nice run of Yakuza games to play! Hopefully the remakes/rereleases of 3-5 will be on PS4 by the time I'm ready for playing 6?
RgWjS2e.jpg

Also trying to get a few Resident Evil games together. I have the Origins HD collection to play, and then Revelations 1 on my 3DS, so I thought it would be nice to have the full bells and whistles version for the sequel!
KJlaazs.jpg

Compulsive purchasing strikes again as I wanted to own all of the Super Mario amiibo (aside from the Odyssey ones). And Charizard because it's finally back in print at a good price! Roll on Squirtle and Ivysaur!
s90r4h6.jpg

Moving onto Warhammer, I've been buying a bit of everything it seems. Stormtroopers and the LE commissar to go with a Vostroyan force I have (currently unpainted but you know), and the Primaris Marines just as a curiosity really since I always wanted 'true scale' marines. The loose sprues are a squad of three aggressors, and then from the starter set I purchased a 5 man squad of advancing Intercessors, and a lieutenant. I also got three of the cheap easy to build intercessors to decide on my own custom chapter design. I figure I could turn it into an allied force to accompany my Vostroyan army one day!

ru8BV4A.jpg

Next up, in the name of the Greater Good, are some Tau models. I already have a few sets in various stages of completion, so with these it's quite a sizable force! Outside of the large mechs I would like to get at some point (Riptide and Ghostkeel) there's only a few more units I'd need for a huge army!

fH8N6oc.jpg

Those two loose minis are an Ebay find, really happy to have the Kroot Shaper, as it's the limited edition one from the 2001 army box. In fact it's Kroot units I really like, and they are definitely deserving of their own codex!

6VJFqEv.jpg

Of course with the Tau an army book is always useful to understand how I'm going to arm my various Tau mech units! Then there's the two up to date books for LOTR SBG at the back (lovely to have all the existing profiles in one book!) and then a load of cheap old sourcebooks from Ebay. Whilst the profiles are outdated, the hobby content, scenarios, fluff, and general nostalgia they bring is always nice!
mEzcrNm.jpg

I've also decided to round out my Dwarves. Ebay has been useful in getting a lot of the older metal miniatures from the range, but the plastics I've got from Games Workshop directly. Not the best plastic sculpts (dwarf rangers and warriors) but hopefully with a good paintjob and blended in with the superior metals I own they should look good!

idvCIYu.jpg

You'll notice above that the two little boxes are units made in resin, aka Finecast. Aka finecrap. Unlike the quality resin used by Forgeworld, these kits are frankly poor quality. The material flexes easily, is very brittle, and in the case of the LOTR finecast range, almost every miniature used to be cast in metal, meaning the sprue design leads to all sorts of crazy flash and in this case damage to the underlying sculpt. Two of these have ended up damaged, so I'll have to speak to GW to see if they'll swap them over:

mrpl1Jb.jpg

Few more Ebay finds. Really happy with the Boromir Captain of the White Tower sculpt, as not only is it from one of the best scenes in the trilogy (which should have been in the theatrical version), but in the game, the rules are incredible. Apparently fighting whilst holding a banner is no issue for Sean Bean.
EKtjoCU.jpg

Lastly, some books and a CAH expansion that caused a really awkward evening with people I barely knew. Well I know them a lot better now!
cGH59Ro.jpg
It's nice to see some GW representation in here! Also, that special Kroot looked familiar to me, so I raided my bits box and found that the Games Day Kroot is the same one, which I have in an unopened blister pack. I really want to start a Tau army and that might just kick it off. Gotta paint my Van Saar gang first, though, plus a whole bunch of other stuff for my Necrons!

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to see some GW representation in here! Also, that special Kroot looked familiar to me, so I raided my bits box and found that the Games Day Kroot is the same one, which I have in an unopened blister pack. I really want to start a Tau army and that might just kick it off. Gotta paint my Van Saar gang first, though, plus a whole bunch of other stuff for my Necrons!

Oh it might have been Gamesday rather than the army box actually! Got to say, unlike LOTR, with so much of the Tau range being plastic it's not that hard to suddenly find yourself with a big army quickly especially with the start collecting boxes and third party sellers at a discount!
Stay strong and finish your other miniatures first, don't be a fool like me and end up drowning in plastic!

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Got my Psychonauts 2 Raz figure the other day from the crowdfunded campaign. He looks pretty good!
He's obviously not the most articulate mini figure in the world, but the quality surpasses anything I'd usually expect from a crowdfunding extra.

I'm looking forward to the rest of my Psychonauts 2 swag as well.

razfigx2jei.png

Here's my Black Velvet poster signed by Nathan "Bagel" Stapley (Psychonauts series artist) framed:

20190301_1145304jj081sj9p.jpg

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I few of my pickups over the last few weeks.

All of the Pokemon games and Super Smash Bros were $3 each.

I got the Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 for $40. I put a jailbroken motherboard into it.
Of course the first thing I had to do was play Metal Gear Solid 4 on it.
Still a great game. I've got a little more work to do to it. I'm going to try and touch up the pain. I've got a second shell I'll practice on first.

MzWJvov.jpg

0VU0twq.jpg

fAN2DRe.jpg

FyR2UC2.jpg

sc7FhZh.jpg

q5MKi9R.jpg

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
4Y0HIfZ.jpg

Got this yesterday, and I think I really like it.
From publisher Viz's website: Takehiko Inoue's critically acclaimed take on the life journey of warrior-philosopher Miyamoto Mushashi.
It's really nice quality, and even though the pages are nice like the Dragon Ball Vizbigs, they're not extra thick and stiff like those books so it's easier to read. That is... it's easier to turn the pages and open the book, but it's like 600 pages long so it too, is pretty heavy to hold.

d8sNeP7.jpg

I didn't know they made a red one of these! Red's my favorite second favorite color! (can't beat purple!) I still feel kinda silly, because what kind of sucker would actually buy one of these?
tDPCq8b.jpg

I wonder if they're going to end up producing those blue and yellow variants they showed off too, lol. I didn't have an O-Xbox until just a few years ago, so I don't have any nostalgia for the thing. I just like it (besides the bumpers, I don't play shooters with it because of the weird-ass bumper locations)

Last edited:

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
tldOtRk.jpg

Miss this show, especially given our present status, Aaron McGruder would have a FIELD day writing for the show if it still existed today.

ROKJStO.jpg

CPInS83.jpg

My favorite pick up for this post. GameStop variants. Had no idea these guys were sought after. Sold out everywhere. But I WILL say for $22 they have AMAZING detail. Stuff like Raph's shell having cuts on them and the differences in their facial structure is JUST LIKE THE MOVIES

oGb3hk9.jpg

The de facto leader (unless Raph has anything to say about it)

IkkgMuf.jpg

The laid back one

bwmZnWx.jpg

My favorite turtle (tied with Raphael) plus his long reach in video games isn't anything to laugh at.

y69vbkz.jpg

They actually made cloth ties to hold his bo staff in place. Pretty dope. The SDCC variant is actually missing this feature. Also, its about time for me to cut my nails apparently lol

aBwmwCq.jpg

The bruiser himself

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
My latest pickups on PS4 - Battlefield V, Darksiders III, Red Faction Guerrilla: Re-Mars-tered and Valkryria Chronicles 4:

FwJO6Ph.jpg

SEGA Mega Drive Classics on Switch:

2TKqzrP.jpg

Jurassic World was nicely inexpensive on Blu-Ray:

AHGhBDZ.jpg

Finally, new magazine issues - Retro Gamer, PC Gamer, EDGE and Wireframe:

spnmshA.jpg

a4BqXxI.jpg

RealPlumpBox

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I think there is a theme in this pic.

iHrQJm2l.jpg

Finally got around to getting this in my collection.

hjnyYQil.jpg

So a few months back I posted how I got a copy of this from Play Asia and it was completely destroyed and unplayable. PA told me I was SOl. I went to PayPal and opened a dispute to get all of my money plus what I got charged for shipping back. PA fought it and only offered $10 in credit (LOL). I refused and kept pressing. I presented a ton of pics to Pay Pal and about 4 month later I FINALLY got a refund from PA and went and bought a new copy from Ebay. I am officially boycotting PA from here on out. They have the absolute worst costumer service I have ever dealt with.

EqBdBicl.jpg

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
99W0ldX.jpg

I never thought I'd get this game. I did not like the time I put into the 10 hour trial for the game when it released with an EA Access membership, and I just had other things to play. I still have other things to play (and even more stuff starting Friday, lol) but it's on clearance on the US Microsoft store for 7 dollars with free shipping and I had 15 dollars just sitting in my Microsoft account for a while now from Bing rewards redemptions (some of it would've been expiring next month too). I usually like to save these for the Deals with Gold sales every week, but there haven't been any deals on games I don't already own. (I put the remainder towards getting FFIX).

n0x0yE3.jpg

I got the first book just a few days ago, for which I posted a pic earlier in the thread, but finished it that night. I really want to continue the story...

Miss this show, especially given our present status, Aaron McGruder would have a FIELD day writing for the show if it still existed today.
I was thinking about this recently too, actually. Then I remembered that (I don't think) he even worked on the fourth season, which is probably why it wasn't nearly as good as the first three. That set has been on my "shopping list" on Amazon, but I keep putting it off because I already have all the episodes digitally from the Microsoft store (from back when it was Xbox Video). I should still probably buy it sometime though, since going from memory, some (but weirdly, not all) of the episodes from the Xbox/Microsoft video store are edited/"censored."

Last edited:

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
99W0ldX.jpg

I never thought I'd get this game. I did not like the time I put into the 10 hour trial for the game when it released with an EA Access membership, and I just had other things to play. I still have other things to play (and even more stuff starting Friday, lol) but it's on clearance on the US Microsoft store for 7 dollars with free shipping and I had 15 dollars just sitting in my Microsoft account for a while now from Bing rewards redemptions (some of it would've been expiring next month too). I usually like to save these for the Deals with Gold sales every week, but there haven't been any deals on games I don't already own. (I put the remainder towards getting FFIX).

n0x0yE3.jpg

I got the first book just a few days ago, for which I posted a pic earlier in the thread, but finished it that night. I really want to continue the story...

I was thinking about this recently too, actually. Then I remembered that (I don't think) he even worked on the fourth season, which is probably why it wasn't nearly as good as the first three. That set has been on my "shopping list" on Amazon, but I keep putting it off because I already have all the episodes digitally from the Microsoft store (from back when it was Xbox Video). I should still probably buy it sometime though, since going from memory, some (but weirdly, not all) of the episodes from the Xbox/Microsoft video store are edited/"censored."
Well this collection definitely isn't censored, especially in language and nudity. I always thought Aaron left earlier that cause i felt like the social commentary mostly left after the first season...Adult Swim probably came down on him and told him to tone it down

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Picked up these wireless Genesis 6 button controllers mainly for SF30:AC on Switch. Dpad is excellent and they were not expensive. Very pleased!

AplsWZb.jpg

I, too, picked up the TMNT 90's movie 7" figures. Like the poster above said, they are very cool!

ibHnfpR.jpg

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Picked up these wireless Genesis 6 button controllers mainly for SF30:AC on Switch. Dpad is excellent and they were not expensive. Very pleased!

AplsWZb.jpg

I, too, picked up the TMNT 90's movie 7" figures. Like the poster above said, they are very cool!

ibHnfpR.jpg
Do those controllers have dual triggers up top, L1,L2 and such or are they straight retro?

Also, how easy was it for you to grab all 4 turtles?

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Technically from the end of February but I thought I could start posting the plamo gets.
The plamo builds are in the plamo thread.

Kotobukiya's MiG-23 Cheburashka Beatrix Brehme Custom from MuvLuv Schwarzesmarken.

D0BPKBgWwAAEvaO.jpg

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Do those controllers have dual triggers up top, L1,L2 and such or are they straight retro?

Also, how easy was it for you to grab all 4 turtles?

The controllers only have shoulder buttons. The triggers are mapped to the two extra face buttons. These are replicas of the 6-button Genesis/Mega Drive pad. They just happen to make a bluetooth variant that works with Switch (and PC, phones, etc...) and they have an excellent Dpad.

I got lucky with the turtles and managed to find all four locally (bought individually, not a bundle). It's my understanding that they are pretty hard to find at this point though.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Stopped by a Gamestop with my son before Captain Marvel tonight and got some cool stuff pretty cheap minus his Fallout gun that was full price he had to have. Also some Halo Xbox 360's and an Asteroid's machine from target was $160 with my daughter's discount.
RdgDcaT.jpg
YCa4XQd.jpg

SqvxkoH.jpg
vmvj9vu.jpg
KU1WfS0.jpg
Vo9zofm.jpg

Last edited:

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, really? Funny how things work out.
Thanks. :)
I was straightening up my closet and saw it on a shelf in there and my dork-ass actually said, out loud, "Gerbera!" If there was anyone around me, I would've given them money to punch me in the face.

Man... I really want to see what that plasm pist looks like now. Guess I can just look it up... Oooh! they make a Plasm Rifl too! (I don't know why I'm doing that with my words. Just ignore it)

Last edited:

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
I was straightening up my closet and saw it on a shelf in there and my dork-ass actually said, out loud, "Gerbera!" If there was anyone around me, I would've given them money to punch me in the face.

Man... I really want to see what that plasm pist looks like now. Guess I can just look it up... Oooh! they make a Plasm Rifl too! (I don't know why I'm doing that with my words. Just ignore it)
i added it.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
Got a few more games. West of Loathing and the Vita games are from LRG.
I bought The Sims 2 for the DS after reading a thread here on Reset saying very good things about it and then I found it for around US$10.
Dragon Ball Origins 1 I got from my brother. Payed almost nothing for it.
The other 3 DS games were a lot that I found for around US$ 20 and just couldn't pass the chance to getting it for Dragon Ball Origins 2.

ZXfgRBch.jpg

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up a new 1 Player control panel for my Vewlix copy, for that Japanese Arcade vibe.
Upgraded the stock screen to a 1080p 32" IPS panel, it's an easy swap and the improvement is immense when you play at this distance from the screen.

Also bought the Tekken 7 Season passes. Looking for a new character to play; ended up with Kazumi.

NCbaTWo.jpg

The Street fighter collection is also pretty crispy to play on this.

Jj4lPQk.jpg

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I used to doodle DBZ stuff all the time back in school in the early 90s, and All Systems Goku coming to an end makes me want to try to do some fan art of Mr. Ryckert and Mr. Gerstmann in like... DBZ style or something.

I've had this Intuos 4 Medium for almost 10 years now, but never really used it (other than some picture I drew of a polar bear eating popcorn and other random sketches) but I always still loved it. I just tried this Intuos 5 Large I bought a couple years after I got the 4 though and man, I like the larger size more than I thought I would. I didn't ever try it because you can't replace the surface on it like you can the Intuos 4 (I've only had to change it twice, but I still have 3 extra in its bag). So I got this "protector" for it so I don't have to worry about the surface. Downside? I don't like the way it feels compared to the "scratchy" surface on the actual unit, or the surface sheets of the I4.

I just found out that the newest generation of the Intuos Pro line has replaceable surface sheets and that makes me kinda want to buy a new one now.
uOq5Uas.jpg

pnk4x0L.jpg
I also bought this carry bag for my Intuos 5 Large. I already had the same kind of bags for the I4 Medium and the first generation IPro Medium.
R6jd4SG.jpg

I bought this pencil case too, to keep the pen holders in it, rather than putting them in each of the tablets' cases which makes them have a bulge, and is probably dangerous to the tablet.
nzah277.jpg

TKIHjat.jpg

In this side pouch I have 18 replacement standard nibs and 10 replacement hard-felt nibs. This is in addition to the 20 replacement assorted nibs in the pen holders in the main pouch.

Now for the stuff you might care about, lol:
1OjG6Lc.jpg

I was only planning on getting the Dragon Box Vols 1 and 2 because that's all I needed, but I randomly made a bid on this on ebay and actually won. When I made the bid, I was just like "I'm not going to increase. If it goes higher, I'll just let it go." It wasn't "cheap," but I'm still glad I got it at that price (80 + shipping).

Mfpg6PO.jpg

Also... DMC 5 has come.

Last edited:

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this post gets a little "wordy" and it's probably not an "interesting" pickup to most people, but I'm actually excited about getting this.

So a few years ago (I think 3), I replaced my old, broken vacuum cleaner. "Yeah, so what," right? My old vacuum at the time somehow got broken while I was across the country for work and I had left it in the house I was renting with 3 other roommates. Also, when I got back, it suckked (not in a good way for a vacuum too) at cleaning, so when I got my new cleaner, I was actually really excited to have one that "worked" again and I thought that all the controls (on/off switch, roller selector, and cord wind up button) were things you did with your foot was pretty neat. Plus, it was purple; purple's my favorite color. It was a random impulse buy at Wal-mart so I didn't consult reveiws beforehand which was a mistake. Also, I remember feeling like... "an old person" or something for being so hyped on getting a new vacuum. It was weird.

Problem I started having with that one about almost a year ago was that every two weeks, I would have to take it apart and unclog all the hair out of the "main tube." This was always a time-consuming and really messy process (I mean all that stuff that was jammed in there would just get all over the floor). Just over a week ago, after doing a routine "unjamming," even with the tube clear, I noticed it wasn't really picking stuff up on the carpet. The rollers were running, I changed the two filters regularly and the belt when I needed (I always kept reserves in the water heater closet) and I had a "that was it" moment.

So when I spoke with my mother on the phone that weekend, I told her I was planning on getting a new vacuum, something I did not want to do because I knew where it would lead. I guess I just ran out of stuff to talk about? Predictably, she told me she'd get me new one and I insisted over and over I just needed one "that worked" and I was planning on getting a 60-ish dollar one. I got her to say "Okay, I won't spend too much on one." and a few days later, Pop drives to my apartment and drops this thing off.
A3b9fKy.jpg

This is not a cheap, 60-ish dollar vacuum.

After I got over that, I really freakin' like this thing! (Plus, it's purple!) So, here's a thing. A couple weekends ago, I treated my apartment with that flea-killer carpet powder (I have to do this a couple times a year, usually when it gets cold out). Look at what this new vacuum pulled out of just one of my bedrooms. I'm really happy to have gotten it, but I'm still a little miffed at my Mom spending so much on it.
PTjTpdi.jpg

I think that's mostly that flea killer powder in there (poison!).
Again, sorry for the long "wordy" post. I guess I just get excited about getting new vacuum cleaners, lol (man, my life used to be so much more interesting...).

Last edited:

Deleted member 23068

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So far...

53718347_1054312888113221_6603577015771594752_n.jpg

53309086_1054312958113214_6539601880169840640_n.jpg

I will update once I have pictures of my other pick ups for my new house....It's been an expensive month

65" 4K TV
New couch
New Fridge
New Dishwasher

-EDIT- Oh and I managed to snag a copy of RE2 Collectors edition for a half decent (inflated) price. Can't wait for it to arrive.

RealPlumpBox

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Pic dump incoming.

Some Amazon gets.
8rnm8XSl.jpg

Half Price Books stuff.
Rxy89uJl.jpg

3YLFSzol.jpg

7whsDhGl.jpg

This months VGM box
eoMSB54l.jpg

FmrdCgml.jpg

The next set of pics are a bittersweet thing. So the building I work in had Z2 Live/ King and a tenant. Since they had been owned by Activision/ Blizzard they unfortunately and very sadly got the ax in the mass layoffs (if any of you are here I'M SO SORRY) that Activision did. So I went to the floor and one of our contacts had a table full of stuff we could take, so I took a bunch of the cool stuff. Tons of King branded pens, lanyards, water bottles, shirts, bags. Also got a Street Fighter "Lego: figure to build, a second Big Daddy, a stack of Magic the Gathering cards. Also got a cool plaque that employees got for working on some game but thought it was cool to add to my collection.
8OZjitrl.jpg

L8gsVmWl.jpg

4KD8tvul.jpg

2y5HveUl.jpg

WFD6qfhl.jpg

qc6LGpfl.jpg

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Wow, I love those Ninja Turtles figures. If only I knew about them in advance I would've bought a set for sure.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My first time posting in one of these threads! Here is a mix of things bought between last month and march so far!

First, I went a bit crazy with amiibos this month. I grabbed all of these guys on the same day. I was originally just going to grab pirahana plant, k rool, and ice climbers, but then I saw sonic, Charizard, capt falcon, and Lucario and couldn't resist. I also grabbed some 4k movies to add to the collection. I grabbed DMC 5 digitally on xbox one x too. But the crown jewel was my new 65" LG OLED C8. I guess I should thank my tax return for that one. I was eye balling that tv all year and when I finally had the money I jumped. Im thrilled, but my bank account isn't haha.