• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We have our sacrifices volunteers for the annual Mafia Championships!

Good luck to Dr. Monkey on her return to the field with TheChuggernaut as our ready-and-waiting second!

Qualifier games have yet to begin but will be happening between the start of next month until mid-June. From there the semifinals happen in July with the final game after that. :>

If anyone would like spec access while their games take place just let us know! We'll set something up once we know for sure when the games take place.

fowl playa

Feb 26, 2020
The final roster for Nightmare at 20,000 Feet Mafia! Thread will be up soon and PMs will start to go out in a bit.

[He/Him] CaptainNuevo UTC-8
[He/Him] Ynnek7 UTC-4
[He/Him] Fran UTC-3
[He/Him] Fireblend|Fire UTC-6
[He/Him] Royal_Flush|Flush UTC+2
[He/Him] turmoil7 UTC-3
[He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks UTC-6
[He/Him] Stantastic UTC+12
[He/Him] nin UTC+1
[He/Him] malus UTC+2
[He/Him] Geno UTC
[He/Him] Chuggernaut UTC-6
[He/Him] Kalor UTC+1
[She/Her] Sawneeks|Sneeks UTC-7
[He/Him] Muffin UTC+2

Replacements:
[He/Him] Stuart444|Stu UTC+1
[They/Them] Aeleus|A UTC+0
[She/Her] lokiduck|loki - UTC-8
[He/Him] Lone_Prodigy|LP UTC-4
[He/Him] Kopite UTC+8

Sub

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

Good luck to Dr. Monkey on her return to the field with TheChuggernaut as our ready-and-waiting second!

Qualifier games have yet to begin but will be happening between the start of next month until mid-June. From there the semifinals happen in July with the final game after that. :>

If anyone would like spec access while their games take place just let us know! We'll set something up once we know for sure when the games take place.
giphy.gif

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Book Club news:

Our book for May is The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson!
Tomorrow, on the beach, Baru Cormorant will look up from the sand of her home and see red sails on the horizon.

The Empire of Masks is coming, armed with coin and ink, doctrine and compass, soap and lies. They'll conquer Baru's island, rewrite her culture, criminalize her customs, and dispose of one of her fathers. But Baru is patient. She'll swallow her hate, prove her talent, and join the Masquerade. She will learn the secrets of empire. She'll be exactly what they need. And she'll claw her way high enough up the rungs of power to set her people free.
8105S49-p-L.__BG0,0,0,0_FMpng_AC_UL320_SR212,320_.jpg

The book is currently available FOR FREE here, courtesy of tor.com: https://www.tor.com/2020/04/28/down...aru-cormorant-by-seth-dickinson-before-may-1/

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

I'll be in Game 11 starting June 15, four days after my dissertation defense, so I expect to be imbued with even greater rhetorical powers and thus will solve the entire game within one hour, only to be unceremoniously night killed after no one listens to me.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
With Nightmare mafia wrapped (it's done, scum won, boooo), we'll be preparing for our next game soon. GET YOURSELVES READY.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
being neutral is nice, just shitpost, take a nap and win when town lunches nin

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DjwRpmH.jpg

Game: Greed Island Mafia
Gamerunner: Fran
Players: 16
Complexity: Extremely Unusual/Likely Bastard
Day/Night Cycle: 48/24

Hi,

We have something special this time so I won't use this to post some flavour but to explain what this is about.

This is Mafiera's first CREATE-YOUR-OWN-ROLE Mafia.

Basically all players will receive an alignment and a kind of role (investigative, protective, etc). During N0 each player will have to create their own role. After I receive all the players roles I will apply some restrictions if they are too OP (or even ask for them to create a new role if they are too broken).

I know what you are thinking. This will be a shitshow. You are probably right. The game will be likely completely broken. So, if you are interested in playing a really well balanced game of Mafia, maybe you should skip this one. I'm sure there will plenty of oportunities for that.

But if you are interested in playing a weird and, I hope, funny experiment this is the game for you.

Sign-ups will run for 48 hours OR until we get enough people + replacements!

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Brazil Lmao they got there first, you gotta sign up for this.

Geno
UTC
He/him
INB4 Muffin rolls neutral and picks Jester to fuck with us.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Can I make a role that traps specifically Sneeks in a chat with me for eternity past game end?

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Fran may have to run this twice lol. Everyone's gonna wanna play.

I can add a couple of more players if needed. I don't need to worry about balance with this one and all of you are doing all the work.

But, if this is not a complete trainwreck and everyone have fun, I don't mind running more of this kind of games.

Will this be hosted on era or outermafia? (because that would certainly allow more bastard roles)

This one will be hosted here, so there will be some things that won't be allowed (like using alt accounts or something like that).

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
can I play that one?

he/him
GMT -5

Last edited:

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I've played in a ton of these kind of games so I'll let other people enjoy this one, but I definitely want spec access.

Work has finally slowed down a bit so I'm hoping to get back to mafia here soon.