• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Daylight savings is dumb but I don't think it matters too much if you're off by an hour for this purpose.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
9QyAJz.gif

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Put me last on the replacement list for Death Stranding. 3 more months and I'm a college grad, so I can only be that at this time.
Natiko helped me out immensely with returning to review my 2.0 design, so I'd like to show at least a little gratitude

He/him
UTC - 4
Death Stranding

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I hate daylight savings with all my might, thank goodness some places like Japan don't have daylight savings.

But it does get confusing ^^;
I spent three months studying abroad in Russia and while Day Light Savings was active my mom and I were exactly 12 hours different which was inconvenient but made it easier to know when to message each other on skype. But because Russia voted to kill DST (I wish we would do that because it's stupid) our schedules got thrown completely off =-=

The only positive was a friend of mine was living in Japan at the time so we'd both be on around the same time despite Russia having like 11 different time zones at one point (I think currently they have 7?)

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Yes. I'll give a quick overview:

NON DST:

GMT = UTC +0
CET = UTC +1
EST = UTC -5
PST = UTC -8

New Zealand is a bit of an odd one because according to google, DST started on the 29th of September until April. Also says it's GMT+13 now.

So uhh

NYT = UTC+13 (currently?)

During DST, just move it forward so 0 to 1, 1 to 2, etc.

Sorry to NYT folks, I've not worked with your timezone much so I still need to google it to be sure about stuff but since supposedly they just started DST, I don't have to worry about it until April haha.

If I'm wrong about anything, feel free to correct me.
Thanks for the info then.
I'm low key bummed that I live in a place that does this non sense again now.
Exactly. I got spoiled living in Russia for this reason because I realized how amazing it was to not living in a country that practices DST.
Daylight savings is just the worst.
Agreed. Also timezone mafia with Daylight savings time as a SK neutral when?

Last edited:

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Lol I'm down for it they are. XD Even though I have a bunch of game ideas in the works, I'm up for making another one potentially.
Does one of those happen to be fate mafia? I remember you bringing that up a while ago. I recently watched fate/zero so was toying with some (really bad) ideas around it but if it's already in the works I'll move onto something else.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Does one of those happen to be fate mafia? I remember you bringing that up a while ago. I recently watched fate/zero so was toying with some (really bad) ideas around it but if it's already in the works I'll move onto something else.
Yes actually. Vere and I have two boards based on the Fate series in general currently because we ended up with enough ideas for two games LOL(plus some other ideas). If they end up going well we may end up making more though so if you have some ideas you want to share with us, that'd be cool. :o

I'm sure Verelios wouldn't mind having someone contributing though we should check with him first. XD

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Yes actually. Vere and I have two boards based on the Fate series in general currently because we ended up with enough ideas for two games LOL(plus some other ideas). If they end up going well we may end up making more though so if you have some ideas you want to share with us, that'd be cool. :o

I'm sure Verelios wouldn't mind having someone contributing though we should check with him first. XD
No problem with me. I'll always welcome fellow fans.

Unless your favorite Gundam is Seed. Then you're.dead to me.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hi hi, everyone! As some of you may know, we have an "adoption" program in which community members can give designs away, that they have created themselves but don't have the time to run. You can read more about it here: https://www.outermafia.com/index.php?threads/295/

Most designs in that initial list were taken already, and today I added another one to it: Costume Party Mafia, a game in which every player will use a secret account, their "costume", and no one will know each other's identities (similar to past games like Power Rangers Mafia and Mini Mafia V).

There is a little bit of extra care needed to make this game work, so if you do take it please get in contact with me so we can discuss it!

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a two-day raffle that will expire in 48 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Anonymous said:
For a new costume game, a slightly old costume game!

Sorry for making you post 5 times in a brand new OT, but I'd like to give it to community members (though this puts the thread at the top of Etcetera so win-win).

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Costume Quest - Won by Fanto Fanto

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Costume Quest is a pretty fun game so definitely a good prize for whoever gets it. XD

Reminds me I need to do that "bring Candy Corn to every fight" achievement for CQ 2...

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not entering but need to inflate my post count for down the road.

Always important to invest.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018

No problem with me. I'll always welcome fellow fans.

Unless your favorite Gundam is Seed. Then you're.dead to me.
When I mentioned bad ideas I meant it haha so don't get your hopes up. I don't know that much about the series (I only finished zero 3 days ago and then immediately deep dived the wiki to try and find mafia mechanics lol) but the franchise has definitely piqued my interest.

I'd be happy to contribute if you'd have me :)

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Someone please ping me if there's a game starting after October is done. I do want to play, but not this month.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Pronoun: He/him
Time zone (UTC format):
  • From now until 6th of October: GMT+10/AEST
  • From 6th of October onwards: GMT+11/ADST
Game: Mini Mafia VI
Preferred nickname(s), if applicable: Brian

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Time zone (UTC format):
Are you a new player? If so this might be relevant for you
Mentorship program
For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program where a volunteer veteran player can assist you during a game. These mentors can not play the game for you or answer direct questions such as 'who should I vote for?' but can help with mafia terminology, general strategy, and other minor questions. You and your mentor will be given a private thread on Outer Mafia to talk with one another and we do not make these threads public after the game has ended unless requested. If you are interested in requesting a mentor, please contact your gamerunner.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
When I mentioned bad ideas I meant it haha so don't get your hopes up. I don't know that much about the series (I only finished zero 3 days ago and then immediately deep dived the wiki to try and find mafia mechanics lol) but the franchise has definitely piqued my interest.

I'd be happy to contribute if you'd have me :)
Like Vere said we'd gladly welcome you c: I'll PM you and Vere so we can talk more privately there. XD

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Joke's on you, giver. I think I whined five times already, but I don't need costume quest.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Someone please ping me if there's a game starting after October is done. I do want to play, but not this month.
Next will be Stardew Valley! I think. I'm on half break from scheduling so uh... I could be wrong.
Time zone (UTC format):
Welcome, new person, to our lovely community! Let us know if you need questions, want help, need a mentor (as above) or whatever!

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
still trying to get MGS V and Deus Ex in the giveaway thread

---

Welcome to our community, Brian! I hope you have fun with your first game c:

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
leave my immersive sims alone

still gotta play dishonored 2 and prey, though