• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I4I5Okw.jpg

Thanks to Pedro for the banner, and Lone_Prodigy for the title!

Hi hi, everyone, and welcome to our new Official Thread! This is our sixth season in here, and we're ready with more games of deception and murder for you!

If you were ever curious about the Mafia game and wanted to give it a shot, jump in! Our community is friendly and welcoming, and you'll surely make friends along the way, and we have help and support for new players interested in getting into mafia.

hZvcndb.png

Mafia, also known as Werewolf, is a famous social deduction game pitting two teams against each other: Town and Mafia. Mafia players know who everyone in their team is, while Town players only know their own alignment.

The game is divided in two phases: Day and Night. During the Day, all players discuss and decide on someone to voted out of the game. During the Night, the Mafia secretly chooses another person to be removed.

Town wins when all the Mafia players are gone, and Mafia wins when they match or outnumber the Town players.

q12G3S3.png

Playing a game with us is very simple. When we are accepting signups for a game, all you have to do is fill out this form and post it as a reply to this thread. New players always get priority!

Pronoun:
Time zone (UTC format):
Game:
Preferred nickname(s), if applicable:

If you wish, you can request a mentorship from one of our veteran players to guide you through your first game (more on that in the following posts).

QCr16l0.png

Please use other players' indicated pronouns when provided. We want our community to be inclusive, and we take this seriously.

A Mafia game is a significant time commitment. Our games can take about a month to play, and you'll be expected to post and contribute to the ongoing discussion to help your team win.

Finally, don't forget to follow ResetEra's ToS and Member Etiquette. Though this is a game about lies and deception and things can get heated, this is just a game at the end of the day and we're all here to have fun.

But most importantly, welcome! Through various games, gambits, jokes, wins, losses, upsets, betrayals and triumphs we have formed a community of individuals who have become something like a family. We hope you will join us in our love of this game and give it a shot. You never know what might happen.

- The MafiEra Facilitators (CaptainNuevo, Dr. Monkey, Fireblend, Natiko, Pedro, and Sawneeks)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
7wtcjoS.png

faWUfYO.jpg

Thank you Fran for the banner
Game: Conspiracy Mafia 2
Gamerunners: Fran
Players: 26
Complexity: Bastard, Role Madness w/ map mechanic
Day/Night Phase: 48/24

Sign ups are now open! We will run it for a little over 48 hours and if we have a full roster by that time we will begin the game next week!
qmixg10a7f

Olb8Ksj.png

List of Seasons 1 - 9 games
List of Season 10 games
List of Season 11 games
List of Season 12 games
List of Season 13 games
List of Season 14 games

Special thanks to all team members who helped during the previous season and our wonderful gamerunners for creating, and running, those games! Thank you:

Last edited:

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
XfvTjEf.png

Interested in running your own Mafia game? Click here for more info!

Outer Mafia

Our supporting website. You will need to sign up and get an account here to play with us since this is where we host spectator chats, and other relevant in-game threads. Here is the link.

Outer Mafia Discord
Created by Fireblend and now managed by the Discord Team, this is our server where we talk just about anything. PM one of the Discord Team members to get an invite link.

MafiEra Monthly Book Club
Hosted by Flatearthpands and Fireblend we now have a monthly book club! Voting and book selection happens on Discord while discussion on each month's book takes place in OuterMafia under General Discussion. Come read with us!

Gaming communities
Steam: OuterMafia, managed by Roytheone.
PSN: OuterMafia, managed by RetroMG.
MafiEra D&D 5e PBP Campaign, managed by Sawneeks.

Game documents

Mafia Championships
Beginning in 2016 our community has been invited to the annual Mafia Championships hosted by Mafia Universe. Over 225 different forum mafia communities have participated in this event with hundreds of different players over the years. Representing us in these games are:
  • Sorian, who played in Season 3, Game 5; then the Final Game and got 4th place!
  • Ty4on and Natiko played in Season 4, Game 8!
  • Dr. Monkey with CaptainNuevo as a back-up! Monkey has played in Season 5, Game 7, in Wildcard Game 2, and in the finals!
  • Our latest champion: Faddy played in Season 6, Game 4!
Mentorship program
For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program where a volunteer veteran player can assist you during a game. These mentors can not play the game for you or answer direct questions such as 'who should I vote for?' but can help with mafia terminology, general strategy, and other minor questions. You and your mentor will be given a private thread on Outer Mafia to talk with one another and we do not make these threads public after the game has ended unless requested. If you are interested in requesting a mentor, please contact your gamerunner.

For veteran players, if you would like to offer your assistance to the mentorship program please contact Sawneeks, or let us know in this thread. Do note, mentors are not allowed to play in the same game where they are mentoring a player.

NXhnteB.png

Facilitators
Responsible for leading all teams and representing the community
  • CaptainNuevo
  • Dr. Monkey
  • Fireblend
  • Natiko
  • Pedro
  • Sawneeks
Discord Team
Responsible for keeping peace in Discord, creating and removing rooms as needed, and giving and revoking access to private rooms.
  • Barrylocke
  • CaptainNuevo
  • Fireblend
  • Roytheone
  • Sophia
Outer Mafia Team
Responsible for creating forum boards and giving access to them
  • CaptainNuevo
  • Natiko
  • RetroMG
  • Sorian
Review Team
Responsible for receiving new Mafia game submissions and coordinating gamerunners and reviewers to get games ready to run
  • Fireblend
  • Roytheone
Scheduling Team
Responsible for scheduling games, creating rosters, and keeping analytics
  • cabot
  • Dr. Monkey
  • Sawneeks

We want to thank everyone who has been part of this community over the years: people that made things run smoothly from behind the scenes, that promoted our games in other places, that helped them play and look better, that created entertaining designs for our players, that are always interested in playing with us more and more, and that we became friends with, and make us feel welcomed in here.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Shove me in the perma replacement list for the season, and bring on the noobs for role madness!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, hello there!

He/Him
UTC-5
MINI MAFIA BY DONNA AND STU!!!!!

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Just remembered the thing about signing up with UTC time zones now lol, edited.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Sign me up for season replacement list please. I'm not sure how free since I want to work on my own games and other stuff, but I can be a back up if someone needs me. XD

She/her
UTC-7
Season replacement list.
Loki/Ms. Bird/Ms. Duck

Last edited:

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UTC 8:00 (I think this is the correct one? My Time Zone is PST)

I don't know if it's correct, but at least it should be negative since it's to the west 😅 cappa's link above should help

(also i'm curious about how your game is going, i'll message you two later :o)

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I don't know if it's correct, but at least it should be negative since it's to the west 😅 cappa's link above should help

(also i'm curious about how your game is going, i'll message you two later :o)
LOL I think I have it now? I had no idea what I was doing though which is why i was a bit wary about us having to list UTC, but I think it's okay now. According to that app mine is UTC-7 but only during Day light Savings time. :/

(Lol I look forward to it.)

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Just because we know how to google doesn't mean we understand timezones :p

I have to find out what my timezone even is when it isn't day light savings :/

This is why we need to kill day light savings time.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Wait is that why my timezone is called either PST or PDT... because of stupid day light savings? :o

Then we really need to kill it >: (

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Wait is that why my timezone is called either PST or PDT... because of stupid day light savings? :o

Yes. I'll give a quick overview:

NON DST:

GMT = UTC +0
CET = UTC +1
EST = UTC -5
PST = UTC -8

New Zealand is a bit of an odd one because according to google, DST started on the 29th of September until April. Also says it's GMT+13 now.

So uhh

NYT = UTC+13 (currently?)

During DST, just move it forward so 0 to 1, 1 to 2, etc.

Sorry to NYT folks, I've not worked with your timezone much so I still need to google it to be sure about stuff but since supposedly they just started DST, I don't have to worry about it until April haha.

If I'm wrong about anything, feel free to correct me.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and finally:

DST ends in the UK on the 27th of October and in the US on 3rd of November

Just so we're all aware :)