• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know at one point there was a discussion about when a Mafia game is no longer a Mafia game. A choose-your-own adventure with an HP system feels more like D&D than Mafia. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you'd want to advertise it very clearly and it would probably exist outside of the community structure. That's just me shooting off the top of my head though, I don't know how the actual community mods feel about it.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, at a certain point it would become a side thing as opposed to a planned mafia game. Like the boss fight in this one was cool, but spreading that out over the entire game essentially makes it more RPG than mafia. That's still okay, but it wouldn't be a scheduled main game anymore I don't think.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Does it matter? Regardless of how it's done, there'll always be 100% overlap between who ends up playing HvV3 and the people who play the 'regular games'. It still needs to fit into the community schedule because no one will play HvV3 and a 'regular game' at the same time.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Does it matter? Regardless of how it's done, there'll always be 100% overlap between who ends up playing HvV3 and the people who play the 'regular games'. It still needs to fit into the community schedule because no one will play HvV3 and a 'regular game' at the same time.
These side things I believe don't count for priority and don't have to be reviewed as closely, but don't quote me on those as I'm not on either team. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
That's fair, having an HP system would take some of the ability to game solve away.
I think it would be fine so long as it's not connected to death.
IndolentSpiffyBongo-size_restricted.gif

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, like maybe your HP dwindles down to zero and you lose your ability to vote (for the rest of the game? Rest of the day phase?)

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Love the idea of a choose your own adventure mafia especially if we go with the HP bar being connected to our vote or something else.

That way people can still play but have a reason to keep their HP high if they want to keep the vote.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
It's that time again where yours truly has a game to run but no ability to make a competent banner. If you'd like to make a banner to advertise Death Stranding Mafia that'd be great! Otherwise we're going to end up with another Paint creation lol

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
It's that time again where yours truly has a game to run but no ability to make a competent banner. If you'd like to make a banner to advertise Death Stranding Mafia that'd be great! Otherwise we're going to end up with another Paint creation lol
How dare you speak ill of the masterpiece that is the House of Horrors banner!

9ag1JVt.png

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
for once feeling totally lost and confused by everything happening around me will be totally thematically appropriate

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I'd suggest is to credit the person who did this banner (which is Natiko), but otherwise your banner is great, L_P xD

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I am a man of my word. I tried to get Stu and Empress Donna a cake, but the logistics were rough across the pond. So instead I got a cake
OtACgIG.jpg

and over the next few days will eat my words
pipggOI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.