• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat

Oct 25, 2017
US
Anything he can play game optimal with some psychological aspect is right up his alley. I don't think he had ever heard of Mafia before now. Dude's a poker genius.

To be honest, I would warn everyone to be cautious of him in a game. :P

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
My husband is usually like "Oh, you rolled scum again? Why don't you just tell everyone in the thread who your partners are, nobody will believe you anyway". That's not how it works buddy haha

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My wife also has no interest in playing but whenever somebody points out that I'm an asshole or gaslighting, she always makes sure to show me the applicable post lol

I'm so glad you married someone who is trying to keep you humble.

WifeMG has no interest in playing, but she always enjoys hearing stories from the community. She got a laugh out of me showing up in HvV2 as Davy Jones.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I want to know if people find this idea interesting:

Would anyone like to play a game where every player is allowed to create their own role during N0?

Obviously there are some rules there because we would end up with a game full of doctors, cops and uberscums.

The thing that I find most interesting about HxH is how, with a set of rules about how the power works characters get creative to exploit them. So in this experimental game players would be given a background and what type of Hatsu they have (it's a HxH thing, doesn't really matter now) and they would be allowed to create a role related to that background. For example: a background that says that a player wanted to grow up to be a PI can be used to create an investigative power like tracker, cop, voyeur, etc.

And, like HxH, players can put restrictions on role to make them more powerful depending of the restriction placed on them (like an unlimited shot will have a weaker role than a 1-shot or, if someone wants to go all in a power where their live is on the line if they misused it)

This will probably end in a unbalanced game (who am I kidding, it will unbalanced af) but I thought that it could be a fun experiment to play.

If some people think that they would like to play a game like that I could make some design and work on those rules.
I can help with setting up a choose your own role game. they were fairly common on my last community, I can dig up some of the old set ups if you want to look at them for ideas.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
SO Mafia: MafiEra players are kidnapped and trapped somewhere irrelevant (maybe inside Muffin or something). The SO's get their SOS (see what I did there) and gather in an open area so they can find the kidnappers and free them.

Edit: can expand it to Family Mafia which actually works when you think about what a mafia is.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SO Mafia: MafiEra players are kidnapped and trapped somewhere irrelevant (maybe inside Muffin or something). The SO's get their SOS (see what I did there) and gather in an open area so they can find the kidnappers and free them.

Edit: can expand it to Family Mafia which actually works when you think about what a mafia is.

Have I told you lately how great you are?

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want to know if people find this idea interesting:

Would anyone like to play a game where every player is allowed to create their own role during N0?

Obviously there are some rules there because we would end up with a game full of doctors, cops and uberscums.

The thing that I find most interesting about HxH is how, with a set of rules about how the power works characters get creative to exploit them. So in this experimental game players would be given a background and what type of Hatsu they have (it's a HxH thing, doesn't really matter now) and they would be allowed to create a role related to that background. For example: a background that says that a player wanted to grow up to be a PI can be used to create an investigative power like tracker, cop, voyeur, etc.

And, like HxH, players can put restrictions on role to make them more powerful depending of the restriction placed on them (like an unlimited shot will have a weaker role than a 1-shot or, if someone wants to go all in a power where their live is on the line if they misused it)

This will probably end in a unbalanced game (who am I kidding, it will unbalanced af) but I thought that it could be a fun experiment to play.

If some people think that they would like to play a game like that I could make some design and work on those rules.
i'd be interested in playing this. sounds like it would turn into to fun and very broken roles.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
My spouse asks about my games and enjoys the bits I read aloud, but isn't interested in playing.

I made up nicknames for y'all to keep you straight in my storytelling.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We're still trying to wrangle those ducks for the review thread but in the meantime we need some suggestions for the new OT for next season. Any suggestions?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some days you don't respond tho.

Those days clearly didn't end in Y

source.gif

Hpper

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where it came from but out of nowhere o started to really miss this community. So I guess I'm back. Around when will the next round start?

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where it came from but out of nowhere o started to really miss this community. So I guess I'm back. Around when will the next round start?
It's great to see you again, hpper <3 The current season just ended so we're gonna take some time discussing what happened in those games and start the next batch in 1 week or 2.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Hey! Glad to see you pop back up. When I think about my first game I always remember my tunnel on you that was completely wrong lol

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I've been trying to get my friends into Mafia but most of them are too busy to play and one of them is too lazy to make an account on ResetEra XD Maybe one day when they see how fun the games I run are, they'll consider it ;D

Though I had fun telling my roomie about HvV 2. She was really enjoying all the plot twists as they developed.

Also I had a dream that in the new MafiEra game one of the flavors was Muffin and he was a neutral hunting down three flavors he had to make a gossip chat with. If he succeeded he would kill them and leave the game. You can probably guess what those three flavors would be LOL.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Ah Ms. Duck, you made it! Having Mafia dreams already. :')
I've had a few actually. I dreamt I figured out PirateBae was scum because she lied about having the salt shaker and we were playing the game in real life.

Then I dreamt about working a job with this cool dude that turned out to be Fireblend who proceeded to betray me in a mafia game.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
My wife also has no interest in playing but whenever somebody points out that I'm an asshole or gaslighting, she always makes sure to show me the applicable post lol
I love her.
My husband is usually like "Oh, you rolled scum again? Why don't you just tell everyone in the thread who your partners are, nobody will believe you anyway". That's not how it works buddy haha
I love him also.
my partner was part of a brutal gang of thugs who destroyed so many lives.

It makes me sick.
you shut up

This is amazing. We should definitely do it.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017

This is fantastic idea, though not sure my SO or kids could play

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've had a few actually. I dreamt I figured out PirateBae was scum because she lied about having the salt shaker and we were playing the game in real life.

Then I dreamt about working a job with this cool dude that turned out to be Fireblend who proceeded to betray me in a mafia game.
sounds like something Fireblend would do

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018

HvV was weird enough to make me dream I had accidentally been added to all the chats in OM, Wee and Terraforce(?) were mafia, the no kill N2 was explained by VA the Bonsly doctor (this was before VA claimed) and Brazil was in the thunderdome due to Wee being a humanoid green bean switcher. Sorian was a member of a second scum faction, a seperate cult and was also secretly Thanos.

The real question is whether pets count as family

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Since we're throwing ideas I'll tell mine too, might as well ask you guys what you think about it now before I get deep into making HVV3 and end up scrapping it. Basically it would have a choose your own adventure type of thing, similar to how MafiEra 3 had you vote different games but a bit more complex, and each player would have an HP bar permanently, getting the HP to 0 would result in a death(of course the normal stuff like the lynch and the NK also would stay). I thought it was a fun idea, what do you think?

Oct 26, 2017
Since we're throwing ideas I'll tell mine too, might as well ask you guys what you think about it now before I get deep into making HVV3 and end up scrapping it. Basically it would have a choose your own adventure type of thing, similar to how MafiEra 3 had you vote different games but a bit more complex, and each player would have an HP bar permanently, getting the HP to 0 would result in a death(of course the normal stuff like the lynch and the NK also would stay). I thought it was a fun idea, what do you think?
I am fine with the choose your own adventure part of it with no strong feelings one way or the other, but personally not a fan of having any HP tied to it. I like death being tied to NKs/lunches/role powers and not much else. That's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.