• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
are you going to eat people
no

maybe

tenor.gif

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll be fine, but is that an option after the game has already begun?

Yes, you can request a mentor whenever you'd like. I'd recommend keeping it private between you and Geno/Gorlak if you request it later just so that people don't try to infer something (oh she must be town, why else would she ask for help!)

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Geno will have the thread up as soon as he can! Good luck everyone!

Banner.jpg

Final Player Roster:
1. NEW - Cat - CST - She/Her
2. TearablePuns - EST - He/Him
3. Fantomas - CDT - He/Him
4. Maolfunction - PST - He/Him
5. Verelios - EST - He/HIm
6. Kalor - BST - He/Him
7. Stuart444 - BST - He/Him [Stu]
8. Fran - GMT-3 - He/Him
9. Sorian - CST - They/Them
10. Muffin - CEST - He/Him
11. Nin - GMT+1 - He/Him
12. Brazil - GMT-3 - He/Him
13. Fandorin - GMT-3 - He/Him
14. KetKat - GMT-4 - She/Her
15. Apopheniac - EST - He/Him
16. Absolutbro - EST - He/Him
17. Zippedpinhead - GMT-5 - He/Him
18. Kitsunelaine - GMT+12 - She/Her
19. Weemadarthur - CST - They/Them
20. lokiduck - PDT - She/Her [Ms. Bird, Loki]
21. Swamped - EST - She/Her
22. Salvapot - PST-8 - He/Him
23. TheChuggernaut - CST - He/Him
24. Vincent Alexander - CST-6 - He/Him
25. malus - CEST - He/Him
26. Aeleus - BST - They/Them
27. Oliver James - GMT+8 - He/Him
28. Faddy - UTC+1 - He/Him

Replacements:
1. Lone_Prodigy - EST - He/Him
2. EzekelRAGE - CST - He/Him
3. Stantastic - GMT+12 - He/Him
4. Sawneeks - PST - She/Her
5. Natiko - PST - He/Him

Last edited:

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I had a spark of inspiration last night and came up with a couple game concepts. Does anyone have any active game designs for Russian Doll Mafia or Super Mario Maker Mafia? I won't be starting on them until finishing the design of [REDACTED] with Pedro and Febe, but I'd likely jump into them after that.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I had a spark of inspiration last night and came up with a couple game concepts. Does anyone have any active game designs for Russian Doll Mafia or Super Mario Maker Mafia? I won't be starting on them until finishing the design of [REDACTED] with Pedro and Febe, but I'd likely jump into them after that.
i am 100% in for Russian Doll mafia, as a player, as a co-designer, whatever you need

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
i am 100% in for Russian Doll mafia, as a player, as a co-designer, whatever you need
If you want to play in it then I'd be glad to keep you out of the loop! Even if no one ends up wanting to co-design it with me I'll be fine so long as I get a couple decent helpers in the modchat whenever I run it.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: Disregard this message. I just realized I actually have to keep the outergafia.net domain as part of how our hosting is set up.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Is someone doing a game based on HunterxHunter?

I have a really experimental idea that I want to try (and that likely won't be approved) based on how powers work in HxH.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I want to know if people find this idea interesting:

Would anyone like to play a game where every player is allowed to create their own role during N0?

Obviously there are some rules there because we would end up with a game full of doctors, cops and uberscums.

The thing that I find most interesting about HxH is how, with a set of rules about how the power works characters get creative to exploit them. So in this experimental game players would be given a background and what type of Hatsu they have (it's a HxH thing, doesn't really matter now) and they would be allowed to create a role related to that background. For example: a background that says that a player wanted to grow up to be a PI can be used to create an investigative power like tracker, cop, voyeur, etc.

And, like HxH, players can put restrictions on role to make them more powerful depending of the restriction placed on them (like an unlimited shot will have a weaker role than a 1-shot or, if someone wants to go all in a power where their live is on the line if they misused it)

This will probably end in a unbalanced game (who am I kidding, it will unbalanced af) but I thought that it could be a fun experiment to play.

If some people think that they would like to play a game like that I could make some design and work on those rules.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Would anyone like to play a game where every player is allowed to create their own role during N0?

Obviously there are some rules there because we would end up with a game full of doctors, cops and uberscums.

The thing that I find most interesting about HxH is how, with a set of rules about how the power works characters get creative to exploit them. So in this experimental game players would be given a background and what type of Hatsu they have (it's a HxH thing, doesn't really matter now) and they would be allowed to create a role related to that background. For example: a background that says that a player wanted to grow up to be a PI can be used to create an investigative power like tracker, cop, voyeur, etc.

And, like HxH, players can put restrictions on role to make them more powerful depending of the restriction placed on them (like an unlimited shot will have a weaker role than a 1-shot or, if someone wants to go all in a power where their live is on the line if they misused it)

This will probably end in a unbalanced game (who am I kidding, it will unbalanced af) but I thought that it could be a fun experiment to play.

If some people think that they would like to play a game like that I could make some design and work on those rules.
Make it so they make up someone else's role instead. It's the divide a cake principle.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018

I would definitely want to play in that game

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

I have a roughly similar idea in the works as well oddly enough. Not so similar that I think we couldn't both execute on our ideas though.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

That's a very different kind of weird than what I was planning, haha - but it sounds very cool. We can talk about it if you want to.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Make it so they make up someone else's role instead. It's the divide a cake principle.

I want to do a fun experiment not a evil scientist experiment. Let's see if this one works and then we can go for the real crazy ones.

I have a roughly similar idea in the works as well oddly enough. Not so similar that I think we couldn't both execute on our ideas though.

And here I was thinking that I had a really original idea.

That's a very different kind of weird than what I was planning, haha - but it sounds very cool. We can talk about it if you want to.

Sure if you find that concept interesting.

Cat

Oct 25, 2017
US
Quick question, my boyfriend has gotten intensely invested in the current game and wants to sign up for the next one.

Can we both sign up or should he be the only one for posterity's sake?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question, my boyfriend has gotten intensely invested in the current game and wants to sign up for the next one.

Stu and Donna have played in the same game before, so I don't think it would be a problem.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yup Stu and Donna have played together before, we used to have two brothers that lived together (I think they did at least) that played together, Brazil and Fando obviously play in the same games and I feel like they see each other often enough from what I've gathered, its all good.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh to be a fly on the wall during dinner at Brazil and Fandorin's place.

"So about mafia..."
"Not scum"
"Me neither"
"Good"
"Want to lunch Sorian"
"Sure"

giphy.gif

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I have tried so hard to get husbro interested but he's content with me just yelling about the games, I guess. And running D&D.

Review thread will be soon. We are organizing our ducks into a row.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My wife also has no interest in playing but whenever somebody points out that I'm an asshole or gaslighting, she always makes sure to show me the applicable post lol

Status
Not open for further replies.