• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I would be down to co-run one of the first two and write some flavor for it. I don't think I'd want to run one by myself, but both PlayStation and Scooby Doo sound like good opportunities for fun flavor haha.

Huh, okay instead of pming Monkey, I'll ask here.

Is it possible to do this with Playstation Mafia assuming Fantomas is alright with that ^. Wouldn't mind co-running another (more normal) game :)

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just in the interest of transparency:

The reason for the concern with Mario Mafia is that it was created specifically to be held in reserve when we signed up for the community spotlight. It's meant to be a good "starter game" that we can run on the fly if we get a bunch of new players whenever we go up into the spotlight. That's all. I just wanted to talk to the mod team before I said anything publicly in case that decision had changed.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017

The reason for the concern with Mario Mafia is that it was created specifically to be held in reserve when we signed up for the community spotlight. It's meant to be a good "starter game" that we can run on the fly if we get a bunch of new players whenever we go up into the spotlight. That's all. I just wanted to talk to the mod team before I said anything publicly in case that decision had changed.

Huh, sounds like a good idea tb

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017

Ahh, interesting. I wonder if the team forgot or if a new mascot has taken Mario's place.

d85.jpg

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Mods/reviewers could probably crowdsource some flavor inspirations to get you started. (Not just you, but anyone - and also crowdsourced flavor could be hilarious if we made a channel or something for spectators who want to write flavor. Just spitballing here.)

Or the gamerunner could force the scum team to write NK flavour to earn it.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Hello, y'all, I unsnapped myself (thanks, Hecht. no, i'm not a coward.) to talk about the above:

Retro back in 2017 knew that Mario Mafia was being designed by Grizzly and reviewed by me and Sophia. At the time, Grizz was in fact saving it for when we'd be put into the spotlight so Mario Maf could attract new players.

Early this year, I talked with Grizz to see if he didn't want to put it up for adoption instead of waiting, since it was a game left unused for over 1 year, and he was OK with it. Soph was made aware of that but not Retro; that's why he still thought it was meant to be saved.

So people are free to adopt Mario Mafia and run it anytime they want! Though if people still would like to wait until we're in the spotlight to adopt it and run it, that's fine by me as well. Just didn't want people to think they could not do it now. I hope I cleared things out <3

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Hello, y'all, I unsnapped myself (thanks, Hecht. no, i'm not a coward.) to talk about the above:

Retro back in 2017 knew that Mario Mafia was being designed by Grizzly and reviewed by me and Sophia. At the time, Grizz was in fact saving it for when we'd be put into the spotlight so Mario Maf could attract new players.

Early this year, I talked with Grizz to see if he didn't want to put it up for adoption instead of waiting, since it was a game left unused for over 1 year, and he was OK with it. Soph was made aware of that but not Retro; that's why he still thought it was meant to be saved.

So people are free to adopt Mario Mafia and run it anytime they want! Though if people still would like to wait until we're in the spotlight to adopt it and run it, that's fine by me as well. Just didn't want people to think they could not do it now. I hope I cleared things out <3
coward

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
#JusticeForPedro

(Hecht's already said there's a good reason he can't remove the tag, but dammit, Hecht.)

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
We are seeking a replacement for House of Horrors mafia. Please contact Natiko or Febe ASAP if you are willing to sub in!

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I asked this question in the Discord, but I want to throw it out here as well:
What are the worst in-game conditions that you've had to play Mafia under? I'm talking about things like Thunderdomes, Insanity effects, and increased or decreased post limits and thresholds.

No reason. Just curious.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
What are the worst in-game conditions that you've had to play Mafia under? I'm talking about things like Thunderdomes, Insanity effects, and increased or decreased post limits and thresholds.

No reason. Just curious.
Me personally, playing in a game where I messed up the *truffleshuffle* and couldn't edit the post.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

No reason. Just curious.
Hmm. I found out I actually really like post restrictions, so that's fine. I think the only thing that ever made me unhappy was not seeing flips, but that's more a game thing than a specific condition.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

No reason. Just curious.
I really haven't had anything too bad. Probably that time I had to post a phrase in all of my posts or be modkilled.

Long Live RetroMG, Magnanimous ruler angel investor(?) of Gafia Mafiera

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland

No reason. Just curious.

a) mid-game Volcano Island before Roy claimed, when everything was hopeless.

b) mid-game Infamous, where Splinter and Blarg were going at me hard.

c) Woof 1. Waking up after a gig and seeing the unholy scum mess.

d) 90% of NX, though I remember being particularly frustrated near end-game (my last day phase before death i believe)

Those are probably the worst ones.

Last edited:

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I might as well tease the design I'm working on, since that's gone *so* well for me in the past.

*Ahem*
I have $500,000 of cold hard cash in this case. Twenty Mafia players get $25,000 each.
If they want to leave this forum with *any* of the cash, they're going to have to survive a game of Mafia.
And... Each other.

In a game where sabotage is not only encouraged...

...It's for sale.

It's a game that we like to call
Cutthroat Kitchen Mafia

(I was going to post the Cutthroat Kitchen opening here, but it's apparently not on Youtube, so have this commercial instead.)

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Natiko
he/him
EST
No preference

Oh are we not signing up this far in advance? Drat

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

No reason. Just curious.
D1-D2 of MafiEra Mafia. Voting for a leader on D1 to choose our lynch for us, and then on D2 being forced to stay under 30 posts each while also being unable to vote for who we thought was Scum because of someone else with an override power and our votes were locked in once we made one that day. It was ~100 hours of in-game time without being able to vote/pressure people normally or have the end of the day be decided by the majority's votes, which was very frustrating for me.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
We will be posting the review thread in a few days but after that, it's time for the NEXT SEASON, so calling all photoshoppers - who wants to take a stab at the s14 banner? PM me and we'll talk; I have info for you.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The easy play here would be to do it in the style of the Final Fantasy 14 logo

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017

No reason. Just curious.

I assume the two cases where I was pushed to the point of exploding out of frustration. Not naming those games - they weren't my best moments.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
I might as well tease the design I'm working on, since that's gone *so* well for me in the past.

*Ahem*
I have $500,000 of cold hard cash in this case. Twenty Mafia players get $25,000 each.
If they want to leave this forum with *any* of the cash, they're going to have to survive a game of Mafia.
And... Each other.

In a game where sabotage is not only encouraged...

...It's for sale.

It's a game that we like to call
Cutthroat Kitchen Mafia

(I was going to post the Cutthroat Kitchen opening here, but it's apparently not on Youtube, so have this commercial instead.)

Bahaha how diabolical...

tumblr_nz9m79HKa91urli1fo2_400.gif

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017

No reason. Just curious.

I don't think I've ever played a game with an increased post limit.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
a) mid-game Volcano Island before Roy claimed, when everything was hopeless.

b) mid-game Infamous, where Splinter and Blarg were going at me hard.

c) Woof 1. Waking up after a gig and seeing the unholy scum mess.

d) 90% of NX, though I remember being particularly frustrated near end-game (my last day phase before death i believe)

Those are probably the worst ones.
I'm a little proud to have made your top two

Ok more than a little

Status
Not open for further replies.