• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'll get myself super scum read and then I'll replace out for you
UgYOGfn.gif

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
MafiEra Mafia - Player Roster

1. [m] ShadowSwordMaster - CST - NEW
2. [they] Zubz - EST
3. [m] Brazil - GMT-3
4. [m] Blargonaut - GMT-3
5. [f] Pirate Bae - UTC+4.30
6. [m] Fran - GMT-3
7. [m] Sorian - MST
8. [m] cabot - GMT
9. [m] StanleyPalmtree
10. [m] Fireblend - GMT-6
11. [m] Terraforce - GMT-5
12. [m] FluxWaveZ - GMT-5
13. [m] Kawl - CST
14. [m] rac - GMT-5
15. [m] Natiko - GMT-5
16. [m] malus - UTC+1
17. [m] turmoil7 - GMT-3
18. [f] KetKat - EST
19. [m] Fandorin - GMT-3
20. [m] Kyanrute - UTC+2
21. [f] Dr. Monkey - GMT-5
22. [f] Sophia - GMT-5
23. [m] TheChuggernaut - CST
24. [m] Giant Panda - EST
25. [m] Faddy - UTC
26. [m] AbsolutBro - GMT-5
27. [m] Geno - UTC

Replacements:

1. CCS
2. [m] Fantomas - CST
3. [m] nin - GMT+1
4. [m] Apopheniac - GMT-5
5. [m] Kalor - GMT
6. [f] Sawneeks - PST
7. [m] Lone_Prodigy - EST
8. Swamped
9. [m] EzekelRAGE - CST
10. SalvaPot
11. CoolestSpot
12. [f] Faircure - EST

Game Begins In:
6o7em0c2g6

I'll try to get game thread open, and role PMs out ASAP. Maybe today, but might won't go until tomorrow.

Quoted for new page

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
FYI, as we prepare the final roster - due to demand, some people have been bumped, as per usual. It is not personal. We are sorry. It happens and it sucks. We are implementing the new rule about people who replace in gaining priority for a future game, to foster willing replacements.
Is that just the rule going forward or just using it again for this game specifically?

Look at it this way - you're less likely to die N1 now.
200w.gif

iirc something like that used to be a thing, but splitting discussion can mean no discussion.
It could also be construed as unfair - having others to bounce ideas off of in private about alignments outside of the game then subbing in. It would likely have to have some sort of stricter guidelines.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Is that just the rule going forward or just using it again for this game specifically?
We will discuss it in review thread to see if it should become official, but I personally am a strong proponent for finding ways to reward people for replacing in.

So the answer here is "indeterminate at this time."

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We will discuss it in review thread to see if it should become official, but I personally am a strong proponent for finding ways to reward people for replacing in.

So the answer here is "indeterminate at this time."

When I inevitably forget to post in the review thread, someone should tally me as "yeah, we should offer as many perks as possible for being a rep because it's almost always terrible"

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember subbing in for Lifeline in HvV and almost immediately getting checked by a cop. RIP. Of course that's nothing compared to Gorlak spending all night catching up on an in-progress game just to be iced.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Of course that's nothing compared to @Gorlak spending all night catching up on an in-progress game just to be iced.
This is my biggest fear honestly lol, he subbed in for like the last hour of a day and then got killed that night. Seeing that happen in my first game probably shaped how I view being a replacement now lol.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
It got done to Sorian once too, as I recall... very grandpa-simpson.gif.

I don't think being a replacement is terrible, though. Yeah, there are those situations wherein folks are just evil (as we do in mafia), but sometimes the fresh eye can turn the game around. Or lose it. Either way.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I do agree that a perk like that for replacing in would be good. It's more painful to catch up with a thread from scratch (since not everyone who replaces will keep up with it) than it is to be there and in it from the start.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It got done to Sorian once too, as I recall... very grandpa-simpson.gif.

I don't think being a replacement is terrible, though. Yeah, there are those situations wherein folks are just evil (as we do in mafia), but sometimes the fresh eye can turn the game around. Or lose it. Either way.

Pssh, I didn't read that thread, I've learned how fast I'll catch a knife.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Never forget getting RNGods killed after staying 4 whole cycles inside Cell!Muffin on HvV.

I kept up with the thread for almost a week while I secretly wished Muffin exploded from within, only to murdered by a random ass Nemesis from nowhere. And Sorian also tried to kill me too, what's up with that?!

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
PS: people who sub in are genuine heroes. In a game this size, we will most likely go down the list a lot, so stay strong!

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Never forget getting RNGods killed after staying 4 whole cycles inside Cell!Muffin on HvV.

I kept up with the thread for almost a week while I secretly wished Muffin exploded from within, only to murdered by a random ass Nemesis from nowhere. And Sorian also tried to kill me too, what's up with that?!
Sorian is evil. Was surely evil in that game.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for dumb voting mechanics.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I only moved to replacements because I'm busy like the first week of the game, but sure I'll be a hero I guess

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017

I'd feel more bad if I wasn't in Muffin with you.

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
giphy.gif

I've been awakened from my slumber. I move to Louisiana tomorrow but once I'm settled I should be ready to participate again if you guys'll have me.

Any tips on living in the middle of nowhere?

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am dumb enough to volunteer as a sub, if anyone needs it! \o/

oreomunsta
Utc-6
He

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

listen

we don't talk about Cell!Muffin. it was a bad time
giphy.gif

I've been awakened from my slumber. I move to Louisiana tomorrow but once I'm settled I should be ready to participate again if you guys'll have me.

Any tips on living in the middle of nowhere?
play more mafia to stifle the horror of living in the middle of nowhere

i've never lived in the middle of nowhere idk maybe it's nice???

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Play mafia, take up a weird hobby, yell at stupid people on the internet.

I may have some experience here.

faircure

Oct 27, 2017
is it cool for me to ask to be put in spec off the replacement list? i don't mind staying on the list if replacement #12 might actually be needed though :')

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
is it cool for me to ask to be put in spec off the replacement list? i don't mind staying on the list if replacement #12 might actually be needed though :')

The replacement list is about to be fixed a bit actually - the original list was put in incorrect order. You should be raising up in spots.