• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
And now, for the season-ender...

Dear MafiEra community, this is your captain speaking: It has come to my attention that Blargonaut has found an access to a time machine, and has recruited bunch of versions of themselves across time and space! He claims to be planning to rewrite the past and future of this community to his liking, and even worse, to steal my cookies! We simply have to stop him!

Gf5IPkF.jpg

MafiEra Mafia, by Grizzly! Thanks to Faddy for the banner.
Game is 27 players, phases are 48/24, except for Day 1, which is slightly longer. Details to come.

Sign-ups will run for 72 hours (or until full) and a spot has been reserved for Blarg if he appears because, I mean... look at the game. Anyway, you know the drill. Name, preferred pronouns, timezone, game or replacements. Priority is in effect.

Quoting for new page.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both technically. The game thread will be viewable by everyone here on Era, but game-related private threads will be created on Outer Mafia, as well as the Spectator Thread as Stu mentioned.

^ game related threads meaning the 'Scum chat' for scummies to talk with each other and depending on the game, there may be a Gossip Chat, a Lovers Chat, a Masons chat, etc.

And we also had one game (Power Rangers Mafia) which was played entirely on OM with everyone given accounts to use as it was a literally costumed game lol.

Once someone approves you, you can get added to spec chat by one of the mods like RetroMG

Thanks a bunch :D

This will be fun.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just created an account, thanks.

Your account has been approved and you've been given access to the spectator thread on Outer Mafia. You should see it as soon as you log in.

Also feel free to join our Discord if you like. We don't discuss ongoing games there, but we do a bunch of other stuff!

Welcome!

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your account has been approved and you've been given access to the spectator thread on Outer Mafia. You should see it as soon as you log in.

Also feel free to join our Discord if you like. We don't discuss ongoing games there, but we do a bunch of other stuff!

Welcome!

Well that was quick :) cheers. I will join discord as well.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Oh, man... I don't think I have the time to commit to a game of this size, but I'd love to spec this one.

Also: happy new year, Mafia gang!

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
We're still missing few player spots, and getting some extra ones to get a replacement list (Priority is in effect!) would be great.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Updated, think I got everyone who signed up so far. Need four more and at least two more replacements, please and thank you.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just want to give a heads up warning to everyone, as many of our members play the game.

A few days on 12/28 it was discovered that Town of Salem had had a massive data breach. From the DeHashed article on it:

Here's an analysis of what we found. This is the first time the company has ever seen any kind of breach, ironically it was caused by a entree-level vulnerability known as "LFI" / "RFI".

The data affected, includes but is not limited to:

Usernames, Emails, Passwords (phpass, MD5(WordPress), MD5(phpBB3)), IP Addresses, Game & Forum Activity, & Payment Information. With some of the users who paid for certain premium features having their billing information/data breached as well.

The total row count is: 8,388,894, with 7,633,234 unique email addresses.

If you have played Town of Salem, there is a very good chance your information has been compromised. If you purchased anything, your payment information may also be out there. If you used your username/email/password for Town of Salem anywhere else, it would be a wise idea to change your password to such accounts. Also, if you paid for anything in the game, please keep an eye on your bank and credit card accounts for any unauthorized transactions.

You can check to see if your account was compromised by entering your email here: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

The DeHashed article containing more information: https://blog.dehashed.com/town-of-salem-blankmediagames-hacked/

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just want to give a heads up warning to everyone, as many of our members play the game.

A few days on 12/28 it was discovered that Town of Salem had had a massive data breach. From the DeHashed article on it:

If you have played Town of Salem, there is a very good chance your information has been compromised. If you purchased anything, your payment information may also be out there. If you used your username/email/password for Town of Salem anywhere else, it would be a wise idea to change your password to such accounts. Also, if you paid for anything in the game, please keep an eye on your bank and credit card accounts for any unauthorized transactions.

You can check to see if your account was compromised by entering your email here: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

The DeHashed article containing more information: https://blog.dehashed.com/town-of-salem-blankmediagames-hacked/
Looks like mine was breached.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
We need a couple more to launch so find someone you miss* and send them a message.

*this is not why I pinged Heck

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Fireblend signed up Fandorin but January is not a good time for me and this game is too big. I am hanging out for the minis at best. Life got hard.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, the site staff has already done that enough times for us. And if we were to do that, it'd be at the opening of a new season, that aims to get new people.

Mafiera is a self-referential game, not the best game to attract newcomers.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I do agree with that. We don't need to move to the OT for a few last folks anyhow, but once the new season starts, we should.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Sudden urge to make The Good Place mafia as a costume game. Except also want to play in The Good Place mafia that is a costume game, so I can be Chidi and make my PhD worth something in the real world besides, like, teaching or whatever.
Good place Mafia would be amazing, I'm rooting for you Monkey!

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Being involved in the conception of Cluedo Mafia made me watch that movie, and I started watching a certain cartoon after working on a mafia game based on it last year.

I've been meaning to watch The Good Place for a long while now, maybe I should work with swampie on it 🤔

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Being involved in the conception of Cluedo Mafia made me watch that movie, and I started watching a certain cartoon after working on a mafia game based on it last year.

I've been meaning to watch The Good Place for a long while now, maybe I should work with swampie on it 🤔
darcy2.gif

You'll enjoy it. Probably.