• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
DO8jMi0.gif

Oh, merry new year

I'd hate to win singlehanded again so soon after cementing the cannon as the true ending (B) upon which all sequels of our series will be/are now based, but if you need me to beat myself I suppose I can spare my timeline.

He/"GMT"

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
And now, for the season-ender...

Dear MafiEra community, this is your captain speaking: It has come to my attention that Blargonaut has found an access to a time machine, and has recruited bunch of versions of themselves across time and space! He claims to be planning to rewrite the past and future of this community to his liking, and even worse, to steal my cookies! We simply have to stop him!

Gf5IPkF.jpg

MafiEra Mafia, by Grizzly! Thanks to Faddy for the banner.
Game is 27 players, phases are 48/24, except for Day 1, which is slightly longer. Details to come.

Sign-ups will run for 72 hours (or until full) and a spot has been reserved for Blarg if he appears because, I mean... look at the game. Anyway, you know the drill. Name, preferred pronouns, timezone, game or replacements. Priority is in effect.

Quoting for new page

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, i have never played any of these and have literally literally no idea what's going on but am interested in giving it a try. But i was also thinking of maybe actually spectating a game first instead just to have an idea. What should i do? What kind of time commitments are involved? How much shame will i bring to my family and country for failing miserably at this?

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What Grizz and Monkey mean is that this will be what we call a Cosplay game.

A Cosplay game is where the roles are after particular characters or people. It's the difference between your role being "Psycho Mantis" as opposed to "Foxhound Psychic."

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So, i have never played any of these and have literally literally no idea what's going on but am interested in giving it a try. But i was also thinking of maybe actually spectating a game first instead just to have an idea. What should i do? What kind of time commitments are involved? How much shame will i bring to my family and country for failing miserably at this?
SO MUCH SHAME.

Time commitments vary. This is a big game, so it'll be a bit, to be honest; our big games can go for many, many pages and hundreds of posts a day. Smaller games can be more manageable. We are gonna be running some smaller games very soon if you want to wait, but lots of people just jump in and roll with it and find out they love it, so it's up to you! We are generally relatively nice to newcomers. :)

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
What Grizz and Monkey mean is that this will be what we call a Cosplay game.

A Cosplay game is where the roles are after particular characters or people. It's the difference between your role being "Psycho Mantis" as opposed to "Foxhound Psychic."
OH YES, that's what I meant. insert forehead smack.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Elaborate on this, please lol.

We've only done one of these so far. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was hosted on Outer mafia, and everyone had a special account they had to log in to in order to play, so that their real player identities were hidden. People generally enjoyed it and we agreed we would do another one at some point - it just hasn't happened yet.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
We've only done one of these so far. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was hosted on Outer mafia, and everyone had a special account they had to log in to in order to play, so that their real player identities were hidden. People generally enjoyed it and we agreed we would do another one at some point - it just hasn't happened yet.
Oh my god I love this lol.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Sudden urge to make The Good Place mafia as a costume game. Except also want to play in The Good Place mafia that is a costume game, so I can be Chidi and make my PhD worth something in the real world besides, like, teaching or whatever.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Sudden urge to make The Good Place mafia as a costume game. Except also want to play in The Good Place mafia that is a costume game, so I can be Chidi and make my PhD worth something in the real world besides, like, teaching or whatever.

I wouldn't mind taking a stab at this

Also, I really enjoyed the costume minigame Grizzly hosted many many years ago, it was about dogs or something? I can't even remember any more, just that I had loads of fun.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone! Sorry for my sudden absence after my last game, life kinda got in the way and everything.

Would like to be a part of this Season's finisher and join in on Blargonaut's shenanigans.

Male
GMT -3

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sign-ups will run for 72 hours (or until full) and a spot has been reserved for Blarg if he appears because, I mean... look at the game. Anyway, you know the drill. Name, preferred pronouns, timezone, game or replacements. Priority is in effect.
Name: FluxWaveZ
Preferred pronoun: He
Timezone: EST
Game

Took a sabbatical, but I'm ready to do this again.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SO MUCH SHAME.

Time commitments vary. This is a big game, so it'll be a bit, to be honest; our big games can go for many, many pages and hundreds of posts a day. Smaller games can be more manageable. We are gonna be running some smaller games very soon if you want to wait, but lots of people just jump in and roll with it and find out they love it, so it's up to you! We are generally relatively nice to newcomers. :)

Thanks! I think i'll wait for a smaller one and spectate this one, to see what it's about.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I just created an account, thanks. Does the game happen there or on both places?
Both technically. The game thread will be viewable by everyone here on Era, but game-related private threads will be created on Outer Mafia, as well as the Spectator Thread as Stu mentioned.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I just created an account, thanks. Does the game happen there or on both places?

Both technically. The game thread will be viewable by everyone here on Era, but game-related private threads will be created on Outer Mafia, as well as the Spectator Thread as Stu mentioned.

^ game related threads meaning the 'Scum chat' for scummies to talk with each other and depending on the game, there may be a Gossip Chat, a Lovers Chat, a Masons chat, etc.

And we also had one game (Power Rangers Mafia) which was played entirely on OM with everyone given accounts to use as it was a literally costumed game lol.

Once someone approves you, you can get added to spec chat by one of the mods like RetroMG