• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Coming soon, to the nearest MafiERA community from your location in space and time...

The one, the only...

latest

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
If I ever dredge up the motivation to run my already approved game I might make a smaller one as well. Big if though lol

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
GRIZZLY, THE GREAT BEAR OF LOVE, HAS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR YOU ALL

that we will post in two days when sign-ups begin

hahahaha

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i have the leaks if anyone wants them, send me five bucks through PMs and I'll let you know the content of that message

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Actually if we are looking for smaller games i think i migjt actually try my hand at one again
If I ever dredge up the motivation to run my already approved game I might make a smaller one as well. Big if though lol
Smaller games would definitely be the way to go right now. We're still going to have the bigger games and the crazy blow outs but the smaller the game the more we can run at one time. :>

The MafiaWiki set-ups are good candidates for them too but it depends on how 'small' we're talking. Like Gif mafia size or 15 player size?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Smaller games would definitely be the way to go right now. We're still going to have the bigger games and the crazy blow outs but the smaller the game the more we can run at one time. :>

The MafiaWiki set-ups are good candidates for them too but it depends on how 'small' we're talking. Like Gif mafia size or 15 player size?

Well looking at that, I'd say some small and some medium mini's might be good (from the minis section):

• Micro: 3-9 players.
  • Mini: 10-13 players.
The third one which is 14+ would probably end up feeling normal sized even if we called it a small/mini game haha.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
The cool thing about running minis is that you can do light flavor or you can go heavy on flavor, but that's all you have to worry about! (You should get your PMs checked out by someone if you start adding text, though, to make sure they aren't confusing.)

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also, most of the setups on that wiki, for being open and already tested by a lot of players, don't need to go through our review process.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
If I were to make something smaller it'd probably be like 10-13 player range, but it wouldn't be an open setup. I like to try and put some fun surprises into games. Just a matter of whether I can be motivated to actually run said games lol

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
If I were to make something smaller it'd probably be like 10-13 player range, but it wouldn't be an open setup. I like to try and put some fun surprises into games. Just a matter of whether I can be motivated to actually run said games lol

Make a game with 13 bomb defusers, and no bombs.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well looking at that, I'd say some small and some medium mini's might be good (from the minis section):

• Micro: 3-9 players.
  • Mini: 10-13 players.
The third one which is 14+ would probably end up feeling normal sized even if we called it a small/mini game haha.

Heh, running a 4 player game would be something.

I agree on 14/15+ being closer to our normal sized games though. Those Micro/Mini set-ups would likely work the best for a good small game.

Also, most of the setups on that wiki, for being open and already tested by a lot of players, don't need to go through our review process.

This too. With the set-up already being tested it doesn't need to get run through the review gauntlet like custom games would. It would really just be: pick a set-up, maybe slap some flavor on it, and boom, you're done.

I know nothing about Gravity Falls, yet I feel obligated to watch it now because of Blarg.
Highly recommend it! I still, uh, have to finish the show but from what I did watch it was really damn good.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up, the final storyline in Gravity Falls gets pretty dark. Not anything too crazy, but darker than I would expect from a Disney XD show. Like, I wouldn't show it to young children.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone, sorry I've been gone for a while, happy holidays and also a happy new year since I'm so late.

I'd be up for that werewolf legacy thing to looking back at the last page.

MafiEra
OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
And now, for the season-ender...

Dear MafiEra community, this is your captain speaking: It has come to my attention that Blargonaut has found an access to a time machine, and has recruited bunch of versions of themselves across time and space! He claims to be planning to rewrite the past and future of this community to his liking, and even worse, to steal my cookies! We simply have to stop him!

Gf5IPkF.jpg

MafiEra Mafia, by Grizzly! Thanks to Faddy for the banner.
Game is 27 players, phases are 48/24, except for Day 1, which is slightly longer. Details to come.

Sign-ups will run for 72 hours (or until full) and a spot has been reserved for Blarg if he appears because, I mean... look at the game. Anyway, you know the drill. Name, preferred pronouns, timezone, game or replacements. Priority is in effect.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
wtf, what an odd sounding game.

I'll be spectating this one though. Have fun whoever signs up!
At the old place, there was a whole series of games based on us, but they were all before my time. I'm excited to play this one since I never got to see one before!

Which reminds me:
Dr. Monkey
she/her
Eastern/GMT -5

Kawl

Oct 25, 2017
Eh sure coach. IF it starts soon I'll be on nights which always has primo forum time built in.

He
Central