• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The immediate obligations are all done and I'm up to date on everything else so I can kill time on Odyssey without that productivity guilt.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
this frog is way cool. i want his life

10452_Funny-green-frog-surfing-with-sunglasses.jpg
I would say same but frogs are slimy and gross and eat bugs and I ain't about that life.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Please. I am a dignified and professional young woman who would never insinuate anything provocative or grotesque.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
First world problem time. I hate going to the liquor store. In Virginia all liquor is sold through state-run stores with antiquated checkout systems. So you spend most of your visit waiting for people to pay. Tonight I was behind two people, I just wanted a little rum while I read later. The first guy, looks barely old enough to drink, takes about five minutes to pay for a $8 bottle of something. Debit card is declined, scrounging for change, debit card suddenly works but he can't remember his PIN, etc. The next is a lady who looked older than me, asking the clerk about her own credit cards - I'm thinking, lady, they're your fucking cards. And they all looked beat to shit with age so I know you've used them before. She, too, cannot remember her PIN or even which is debit or credit (it actually matters to their antiquated system). I was ready to pay for her just so I could leave.

It's my turn to check out. The lady rings me up and I'm paying, and suddenly she voids it and asks for ID. OK, flattering I'm still carded, but damn lady LET ME LEAVE. We redo the transaction and she just stands there, listening to a coworker's conversation on his phone. I have to remind her that she needs to press debit, because by this point I feel like I work there and am an expert with their POS system. She screws it up somehow. Have to do the entire transaction over.

Took me thirty seconds to get my tiny bottle of rum. Two people ahead of me. Took almost fifteen minutes. I deserve better than this, world!

Deleted member 3876

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, that story made me want some rum. Gave me a flashback to the shit-tier system we used at the (now defunct) Amish store I worked at several years ago.

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
Moving up north where I can buy liquor at a CVS was a damn revelation. Liquor stores are terrible places

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread isn't as busy as the equivalent GAF thread was.

Did a lot of people not make the transition?

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two things, mainly that it's been a core group for close to two years now and we've run through a lot of topics - need new people to contribute and get the discussion going again.

Also, chat is split between here and Discord as a lot of us got used to posting in there after they locked Fakegaf.

fengshuifever

Oct 25, 2017
After 4 months of being unemployed as SHIT I finally got a job and it's kind of awesome.

The job itself. Not just the fact that I have one now

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Remember this?

Makes me wanna wear a tie.

Maybe slick my hair back and be a serial killer.

Anyways every time I post please imagine I am this singer. Any of them doesn't matter.

fengshuifever

Oct 25, 2017
no shit? Congrats Rob. You deserve it :)

Yeah, the last 4 months....you know what actually, the last goddamn YEAR has been weird. It feels good that everything's rapidly coming together finally.
And thanks :) <3

Fuck yeah I will, first paycheck I get is 80% savings and the rest towards Mario Odyssey (I ended up finishing a friend's copy cause I bought a shit ton of wood. That's actually not a joke) and Doom on Switch.

And a lot of celebration drinks.

Deleted member 3876

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming an Amish PoS is a complete PoS.
lol

That was the silly thing about that store: lots of Amish goods and food sold by people that are about as far from Amish as you can get. That didn't stop old people from asking me if I was Amish pretty much every day though...despite my complete lack of Amish-ness.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the last 4 months....you know what actually, the last goddamn YEAR has been weird. It feels good that everything's rapidly coming together finally.
And thanks :) <3

Fuck yeah I will, first paycheck I get is 80% savings and the rest towards Mario Odyssey (I ended up finishing a friend's copy cause I bought a shit ton of wood. That's actually not a joke) and Doom on Switch.

And a lot of celebration drinks.

Congrats! ...still need to send my Switch in for repairs, missing out on all the good exclusives suck.

Doom impression please!

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
Got some super happy fun times coming up. Going to see LCD Soundsystem tonight, I'm not huge on them but they're supposed to be really good live so I'm excite. Then on Thursday there's some free (!) Whisky tasting event that I signed up for. My roommate went to the last one and got really fucking drunk so I'm hoping to do the same. Then on Friday I'm flying back south to spend the weekend in Clemson and go to the football game and all the debauchery that entails. RIP liver

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Tempted to start a dating profile all the way out here in No-Man's Land for when I get back home. God, I'm lonely.

Deleted member 11934

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Today I had one of the shittiest discussions ever... This guy started replying to my comments by calling me a Sony fanboy and saying my 700 euros config that I made as an example of a good entry level sucked with arguments like yeah I'm a long time PC user unlike you [...] that 1060,not even a GTX, won't run games at 1080 60 fps nevermind 4K 30 fps [...] you're such a troll and now I'm going to bloody murder myself with all the rage I have inside.

Deleted member 3876

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today I had one of the shittiest discussions ever... This guy started replying to my comments by calling me a Sony fanboy and saying my 700 euros config that I made as an example of a good entry level sucked with arguments like yeah I'm a long time PC user unlike you [...] that 1060,not even a GTX, won't run games at 1080 60 fps nevermind 4K 30 fps [...] you're such a troll and now I'm going to bloody murder myself with all the rage I have inside.
Ha, what a ding dong. Also not sure how he gets "Sony fanboy" out of "let me help folks get into PC gaming" but that's the internet for ya.