• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I own inherited a home and I still have five roommates. I like the companionship.

Eh, 90's isn't that bad. My house was built in the 70's.

It is here. It's humid most of the year and it rains a lot. Hurricanes. Freezing rain in the winter. Hell Virginia weather kind of sucks. Homes from the 90's, unless mostly brick and renovated recently, are rotting.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

dr2bkuil30vy.png

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
It is here. It's humid most of the year and it rains a lot. Hurricanes. Freezing rain in the winter. Hell Virginia weather kind of sucks. Homes from the 90's, unless mostly brick and renovated recently, are rotting.
Oh shit. Sorry :(

Sometimes I legit forget about weather, rot and rust being things

Not being a millennial, I'd get annoyed with the constant sex noises.
Two of them are Good Christian Women™, one of them is single, and the other one spends most of her time at her boyfriend's. It could be far worse.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
For those who have large digital music collections, how do you maintain it when you move it from one computer to another? I feel like I have a few hard drives that have a lot of the same music, but also music that is unique to each hard drive. Compiling it into a single hard drive and using that to upload into iTunes to put on my phone is so time consuming. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how do you deal with it?

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mines about 15 years old, done by an owner builder.

He wasn't as good a handyman as apparently thought he was, had some dumb shit I had to address.

Like the fan above the stove top venting into the ceiling space, fucking idiot.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
Large digital music collection doesn't make sense to me. Anything digital is ephemeral. And anything downloaded is hardly a collection, particularly I have no respect for large collections of downloaded mp3s from fucking rapidshare or torrents.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, after most of my physical collection got trashed when my dungeon flooded years ago I stopped giving a shit and just use Spotify.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Large digital music collection doesn't make sense to me. Anything digital is ephemeral. And anything downloaded is hardly a collection, particularly I have no respect for large collections of downloaded mp3s from fucking rapidshare or torrents.

Sometimes I question how wise it was for me to buy so many video films, books, and comics on Amazon. Any number of things could happen and my library would off limits to me, or merely no longer exist.

But it is mighty convenient.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
For those who have large digital music collections, how do you maintain it when you move it from one computer to another? I feel like I have a few hard drives that have a lot of the same music, but also music that is unique to each hard drive. Compiling it into a single hard drive and using that to upload into iTunes to put on my phone is so time consuming. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how do you deal with it?

I do the old classic method of backing up all my music files to two hard drives.

1. An Internal secondary 2TB HDD on my PC.
2. An External 1TB HDD off-site.
3. All-time favourite albums are re-bought as vinyls and kept in a safe box.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
I do the old classic method of backing up all my music files to two hard drives.

1. An Internal secondary 2TB HDD on my PC.
2. An External 1TB HDD off-site.
3. All-time favourite albums are re-bought as vinyls and kept in a safe box.

I guess there is no shortcut organizing it, I just have to do it. I have used spotify a little, but I prefer my music in the car when I drive. Which is funny because I usually get about 1 song before I arrive at my destination.

And I get that people prefer not to worry about a folder with thousands of songs. It's a pain to organize, it can be gone in an instant, there is a hassle free option in streaming.

Last edited:

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
On an old western kick. Rewatching:

Lou Diamond Phillips still the best.

Also Billy the Kid in this was basically western Joker.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Finally finished Master of None S2 and fuckkkkkkkkkinn hellLlll that was a well done season of television. I only had the last two left and I feel like a squashed poo.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Thanks for the advice, both of you. I've been told by current employees with this group that I shouldn't stress it because they aren't going to call but I figure that, with my luck, they would be likely to call as soon as I half-assed the form. My last employer's information caused me to have to undertake a lot of research to even figure out what to put though. I worked for a contractor based out of Florida, but physically worked at an overseas location. I had three different site managers while there and none of them are currently-employed by the company. The company recently sold off their IT Division to some other company, and that is the division that I fell under. I needed an address, so I just chose the company address listed on my W-2. I needed a phone number, but I doubt any number I found or thought to use would work for a division that the company no longer owns, but I put one anyway and then on the section where I needed to provide a supervisor, I listed a former site manager and noted that he was a former employee and added his current phone number in parenthesis.
I tried to add enough info that they wouldn't have any questions though. For the one former USAF coworker who is now employed elsewhere, I put his current company down and then in the relationship field I noted that he was a former colleague through the USAF and what years.
I probably stressed out too much over it, but I was taking my time trying to track down the best people to use as references, and then one of the current employees at the place I'm applying to said "We still need people, but they just hired like four people or something at the end of last week. Get your info submitted to them asap."

And Pirate Bae, I was a radio guy. 2E153 Ground Radio, before that merged with SATCOM to become 3D153 RF Trans Systems.

Ooh, a radio guy. I'm stuck in a 2A flightline maintenance field :(

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Haha it's okay. I probably won't be able to help anyone either.

The mice thread a few days ago was great. Mice suck. Trying to do my homework, and I can hear them chewing something and bothering me. Need to buy a mouse trap as soon as possible. The mouse trap channel somebody linked had traps that were too much trouble to setup.

Zevenberge

Oct 27, 2017
I have a few mouse traps. They are called cats. They have the positive side-effect of being cute and huggable.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can, however, suggest that you take care of any and all vermin problems ASAP.

Put down some baits, throw out the corpses.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
I got bored with DRV3. That franchise fell off a cliff for me. I fucking almost rolled my eyes all the way into the back of my head with the "twist" in DR2, then UDG was kinda boring and repetitive, the anime was just kinda there and DRV3 was much worse than the first two. I will always love the first game though. Playing that on PSP fucking 7 years ago almost was a revelation.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I respect your wrong opinion regarding NDRV3. It's the best in the series for me.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
I really should buy a house. Tired of hearing my neighbors bone while I'm trying to play some Destiny 2.

They make headsets.

As new parent we regret playing Destiny quite so much instead of having sex when we could. Still, there's a record of hours played and not of hours boned, so that's something.

I wish one of these dudes had a motorbike. Closest thing to one I'll probably see today is an exercise bike!

Walk through the middle of a spin class and do it. Adding my $5 to the pot.

I was sad to learn a few years ago that 'spin class' was stationary bikes and not lying on your back spinning plates on poles like in the Chinese Circus I saw when I was a child.

BANG! BANG!
"Hey! Grind pissers together later you two, I'm trying to grind this prestige raid!"

'grind pissers' was the name of my punk band in the '80s.

if you don't mind something older (like, built in the 90's)

My house was built in '61.

And the banks wonder why millennials aren't buying homes.

I would consider renting a home instead of buying it; depending on the market it costs a lot less and you'll make a lot more on investing the difference than selling the home sooner than 15 years.

Renting was also a lot less stressful for me.

how do you maintain it when you move it from one computer to another?

... just copy it over gigabit ethernet? Last few computer upgrades I have just put the old drives in the new computer. When I upgrade the disk I just clone from the old one or its backup. I have all the source CDs in a box somewhere or available to download again on the account I purchased them from. Stuff that fell off the truck of the internet I wouldn't miss if it were to go, and if so I would just buy it.

Deleted member 3876

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My house is old enough that the in its heyday the only available bathroom was a tiny outhouse (which is of course gone) where my storage shed is now.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I'm being indecisive again which avatar do you like more: this one or the old one

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Ooh, a radio guy. I'm stuck in a 2A flightline maintenance field :(
I wish I could find someone to interact with in the local area from my career field. I'm a member of all the comm and radio FB groups but anytime I physically meet someone new around here and ask what they do, it's always some flightline job. There's a large number of active duty guys in my X-Wing Miniatures Game group and the only one of them that isn't a flightline maintainer is Army Intel. Anytime I get introduced to someone while out in town or at a party I'll ask "So, what's your career field?" but I pretty much know the answer already.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I wish I could find someone to interact with in the local area from my career field. I'm a member of all the comm and radio FB groups but anytime I physically meet someone new around here and ask what they do, it's always some flightline job. There's a large number of active duty guys in my X-Wing Miniatures Game group and the only one of them that isn't a flightline maintainer is Army Intel. Anytime I get introduced to someone while out in town or at a party I'll ask "So, what's your career field?" but I pretty much know the answer already.
Because it's such a high demand field. Everyone hates it and wants to get out, so the AF has to compensate for over recruiting for flightline jobs.

There's still a huge maintainer deficit, though; so much that they locked my AFSC and I'm not eligible to cross train outside of my window at all. Even then, if I try, I know they're going to deny my request.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
They don't offer bonuses? That's how the Navy handles high attrition fields. Like I'm a CIWS/C-RAM Fire Controlman and we are way undermanned, so to keep us in we get $75,000 bonuses.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
They do in waves. They offered a bonus the year after I enlisted. It also depends on your rank. They don't offer bonuses to E-4 and below, usually. Like my supervisor (E-5) got one but other senior airmen (E-4) in my shop weren't offered one.